PDA

View Full Version : Blues or Lions?

Templeton31
05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Scores are level right now - who do you want to win? I think I'll say the Blues as I reckon they'd be satisfied and get ahead of themselves. Brisbane on the other hand have some hard, finals hardened players like Brown etc who could still put in a cracker next week.

comrade
05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Scores are level right now - who do you want to win? I think I'll say the Blues as I reckon they'd be satisfied and get ahead of themselves. Brisbane on the other hand have some hard, finals hardened players like Brown etc who could still put in a cracker next week.

Whoever cops the most injuries tonight.

G-Mo77
05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Blues have beaten us a bit over recent years. Regardless of that I'd rather play an interstate side.

Rocco Jones
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Lions for me.

Rance Fan
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Prefer to play Lions. Blues have the wood on us recently. Judd may be reported for eye gouging. Likely to get off the golden boy though

Rocco Jones
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Prefer to play Lions. Blues have the wood on us recently. Judd may be reported for eye gouging. Likely to get off the golden boy though

I was thinking the same. Rischitelli will probably get weeks for eyeing Judd's fingers.

LostDoggy
05-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Lions.....Cmon Blues hurt them tonight(not on the scoreboard tho)....

BulldogBelle
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
We played Carlton earlier this year after coming back from a tough game in tough conditions in Perth

We will be able to beat them if we play them next week

LostDoggy
05-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Lions for me - Aker will lift against his old side. The Blues have had the wood over us for three years now, regardless of whether we came back from interstate or not.

DOG GOD
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
yeah its gotta be Lions...Fev hasnt done alot and might be "due" next week.

DOG GOD
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
So it looks like the Blues...i'm officially worried about straight sets.

Rance Fan
05-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Picken has to mongrel Judd...not sure why he didnt mongrel Ablett today

Before I Die
05-09-2009, 10:51 PM
So it looks like the Blues...i'm officially worried about straight sets.

Are you also excited about the possibility of making a GF?

He who dares.........

LostDoggy
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Not really worried to be honest.

I think we are good enough to beat both of them, and i don't expect some of our players to play, 2 bad weeks in a row, during the finals.

Rocco Jones
05-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Come on Brissy!

DOG GOD
05-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Are you also excited about the possibility of making a GF?

He who dares.........

Im excited and sick all at the same time :)

Before I Die
05-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Sounds like things are getting exciting in Brissy Town. And I so hope it is Carlton (Ian Collins, Jack Elliot et al) that are feeling sick tonight.

Before I Die
05-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Just had to add a bit. I don't care who we play next week, I just hate Caaaaarlton :D

LostDoggy
05-09-2009, 11:13 PM
This game is very exciting to watch....a young kid called Daniel Rich has come alive and stood up when his team needed him....Daniel Bradshaws kicked a few as well(5 is it?).....

CMON BRISSY.......

DOG GOD
05-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Just had to add a bit. I don't care who we play next week, I just hate Caaaaarlton :D

:) classic

LostDoggy
05-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Blow the dam siren hahahaaha.....

Brennan looks to be injured as well...

Rance Fan
05-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Yippeee

Now lets smash em on fri nite

DOG GOD
05-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Thank God !!!!

Before I Die
05-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Allons, enfants de la Patria......

Remi Moses
05-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Great gutsy win from brisbane. Shocking loss for The Navy Cheats:D:D Cheered me up after a dark day:mad:

Rocco Jones
05-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Yay!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Looks like the Lions are going to have a few players hurting as well. Black & Clark looked proppy, especially Black.

I don't for one minute think it's going to be an easy game for us though, the Lions will gain alot of confidence in their comeback tonight. They looked gone with about 15 minutes to go.

angelopetraglia
05-09-2009, 11:22 PM
How quickly can a game change?

Just shows what we could have done today if we took our chances in that last quarter.

Much happier playing Brisbane. They are walking wounded.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Great gutsy win from brisbane. Shocking loss for The Navy Cheats:D:D Cheered me up after a dark day:mad:

Yes it's somewhat cheered me up seeing the Cheats lose it from an almost impregnable position tonight. 29 points up at one stage in the last quarter.

Before I Die
05-09-2009, 11:26 PM
I just need to take a pause from WOOF for a moment while I open a second window so I can watch the Carlton Big Footy board implode. I know one shouldn't take joy in another persons sorrows, but....it is Caaaarlton :)

Remi Moses
05-09-2009, 11:27 PM
The best news is we don't have to hear from those brain dead Spiro car lovers from the northern suburbs:D

LostDoggy
05-09-2009, 11:30 PM
I just need to take a pause from WOOF for a moment while I open a second window so I can watch the Carlton Big Footy board implode. I know one shouldn't take joy in another persons sorrows, but....it is Caaaarlton :)

Carlton are my mosted hated opposition, so I was very pleased..... :D

Scraggers
05-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Lions it is

G-Mo77
05-09-2009, 11:54 PM
It was a pretty grueling slog for both teams. I hope the Brisbane boys are nice and sore for next Friday!

comrade
05-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Looks like Fev can dust off the strap on.

God, I hate Carlton - this has made our loss almost bearable!

bornadog
05-09-2009, 11:59 PM

here here:)

BulldogBelle
06-09-2009, 12:01 AM

Ha ha ha

Maybe he can remove it from his forehead

The Lions looked like they had some sore bodies to key personal ie Black + Clark

I'm comfortable that we could have taken Carlton, and it will be watching Aker tearing apart Brisbane

LostDoggy
06-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Yah! Thank God, I hate Carlton and the thought of going out in straight sets to them - was giving me serious thoughts about giving the game away completely.:eek:

LostDoggy
06-09-2009, 12:32 AM
never have i been happier (with carlton losing) after a loss.

i was hoping the lions would win because i hate carlton and not saying it will be an easy game next wk but i would much rather be playin the lions then the blues.........come on dogs beat the lions then magpies and cats again (same 3 teams we beat past 3 wks).........to win the flag

LostDoggy
06-09-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm comfortable that we could have taken Carlton, and it will be watching Aker tearing apart Brisbane

My father just walked into the room and said the same thing, totally forgot it was Aker playing against Brisbane in a cut throat final.

LostDoggy
06-09-2009, 01:24 AM
So now that we play Brisbane why can't this game be played at Etihad. It will probably only get 50k which would be near full house at Etihad.

Remi Moses
06-09-2009, 02:29 AM

$1,10 on blockhead Fevola being offered on sportsbet for an nightclub incident:eek::eek:

Mantis
06-09-2009, 09:31 AM
So now that we play Brisbane why can't this game be played at Etihad. It will probably only get 50k which would be near full house at Etihad.

Melbourne Storm are playing a semi final at ES on Friday night.

Go_Dogs
06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Stopped watching after the 1st last night and flicked over just in time to see Brisbane take the lead. Glad to be playing them next week, although I really don't think it would have mattered too much - the boys will be fired up and beat whoever is on our plate.

LostDoggy
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Well done Lions, I'm with most and are wrapped that we are playing Brisbane and ever more ecstatic that the beat those upemselves Blues. Eat it baggers.

Sockeye Salmon
06-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I recorded the game and watched it in about 2hr delay.

I fell asleep with Carlton 29pts up in the last quarter and woke up as the gave Daniel Rich the rising star.

I assumed Carlton would have won easy, deleted the game and went to bed.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Brisbane will take a lot of confidence into this game, as it was a great win. I hope our boys have the mental strength to respond.

LostDoggy
06-09-2009, 11:01 AM

I reckon we need as much practice playing at the G as we can get!

LostDoggy
06-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I would have been confident against either team, although I definitely preferred that Brisbane win. This means we'll have a big advantage crowd and stadium wise- can you imagine the crowd for Carlton on Friday if they'd won?

azabob
06-09-2009, 01:41 PM

Cause docklands is a terrible place to watch and play footy. Give me a game at the MCG anyday of the week over the docklands.

The Big Dog
06-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I would have been confident against either team, although I definitely preferred that Brisbane win. This means we'll have a big advantage crowd and stadium wise- can you imagine the crowd for Carlton on Friday if they'd won?

It would have been 85,000+ for Dogs Vs. Blues with 50,000 of them supporting the cheats. I would have loved it. It was the same when we played the Pies in 05 and smashed them in front of 86,000 (of which about 35,000 were Dogs).

You'll be surprised how much support the Lions draw on Friday night. They'll get a few through the gates. Probably should get over 60,000 for Friday night.

I definitely agree about preferring to play the Lions from a match-up & form sense. I don't think they play the G' that well also, or at least their recent record isn't great. Could we wrong though.

Mantis
06-09-2009, 03:03 PM
You'll be surprised how much support the Lions draw on Friday night. They'll get a few through the gates. Probably should get over 60,000 for Friday night.

We played Sydney in the corresponding game last year who have good support in Melbourne yet there was only a crowd of just over 42,00 there.

I can't see this one drawing many more.

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Yes it's somewhat cheered me up seeing the Cheats lose it from an almost impregnable position tonight. 29 points up at one stage in the last quarter.

This in itself + their up-and-down performances (especially that ridiculous game in Adelaide where they didn't kick a goal for nearly 3 quarters) this year have been highly suspicious, especially 180 degree changes in performance levels after quarter-time or half-time breaks when the betting odds are adjusted.

If it was any other team I would put it down to inconsistency, but it has just happened too often these past couple of years, and we all know Carlton far too well, not to smell at least the hint of a rat in the system.

comrade
08-09-2009, 10:19 AM

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv120/brettmexico/fev.jpg

IT'S BAAAAAAAACK!

Dry Rot
08-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I thought of something left field Voss do.

I assume Lake will play on Brown and Morris on Bradshaw. What if Voss played Brown almost like a decoy further up the field than usual? Gets lake further out of the back half where he has so successfully read the play and leaves their forwardline open for Bradshaw against an out of form Morris.

Would Eade then play Welsh as the extra man?

Remi Moses
08-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Funniest thing I've heard is that Drone Andrew Maher standing on a table and singing the Carlton theme song early in the last term!!!:p:p:pMade my weekend that story

bornadog
08-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I reckon we need as much practice playing at the G as we can get!

We having a training run on the MCG later this week, which will be great for this week.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 06:21 PM
We having a training run on the MCG later this week, which will be great for this week.

Thats great...I noticed Collingwood trained on the G last week.. i was wondering
why we didn't do the same. Should do nothing but goal kicking practice ;)

The Coon Dog
08-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I thought of something left field Voss do.

I assume Lake will play on Brown and Morris on Bradshaw. What if Voss played Brown almost like a decoy further up the field than usual? Gets lake further out of the back half where he has so successfully read the play and leaves their forwardline open for Bradshaw against an out of form Morris.

Would Eade then play Welsh as the extra man?

Why would you use your best player, arguably the most inspirational player in the competition as a decoy?

He demands the football. You don't waste that sort of ability playing silly buggers.