PDA

View Full Version : The Umpiring Whinge Thread - Say it and feel better

BulldogBelle
29-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Whinge away -

Umpires seemed to have got it wrong quite a few times with various decisions affecting both teams at certain stages of the game. Frustrating to the max - I couldn't understand why Robert Murphy's mark wasn't paid and also the Robbins one.

Did any of you see the incident when Franklin ran through the point post with the ball then went straight back in and tried to kick a goal which luckily we rushed through, he was clearly over the point line and just stepped back into the square like nothing happened, some Hawks supporters near us made mention of the fact that he has done that in other games.

GVGjr
29-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't know why but I just don't concern myself with the umpiring that much anymore. I don't like some of the new rules all that much and think the game has become too complex for effective umpiring.

Some of the decisions today were perplexing but we got both the good and bad of it.

LostDoggy
29-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Umpiring was disgraceful, especially Matty Robbins mark not being paid, compared to Batemans that was. I will have to watch the replay because half of the free kicks I did not even know what they were for? Very lopsided tally count.
And why does a guy who gets the ball, is then swamped by players, pinged for holding the ball, I thought they had to have prior opportunity?
Bloody umps ruin the game.:mad:

Wally G
29-04-2007, 08:20 PM
The holding the ball interpretations are beyond belief. Terribly inconsistent. There were a couple of decisions today when players were pinged when they were sat on, had no prior opportunity and had not dived on the pill. Yet players (from both sides) when tackled often make no real attempt, drop the ball or basically throw it and umps call play on.

Bulldog Revolution
29-04-2007, 08:58 PM
I don't know why but I just don't concern myself with the umpiring that much anymore. I don't like some of the new rules all that much and think the game has become too complex for effective umpiring.

Some of the decisions today were perplexing but we got both the good and bad of it.

I feel pretty similar, I didn't see the game today, but I generally think if you play with enough intensity you make your own luck. However I do get a bit disappointed with umpires giving free kicks against Hargraves and Harris right in front of goal.

Go_Dogs
29-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah, if we had been losing I would've been very frustrated. I thought the umpiring was pretty ordinary today and lacked a lot of consistency. Umpires, discuss your interpretations prior to the game, during the breaks etc. Make it consistent!

The umpiring has been pretty crap most of the season thus far in matches I've seen.

GVGjr
29-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Yeah, if we had been losing I would've been very frustrated. I thought the umpiring was pretty ordinary today and lacked a lot of consistency. Umpires, discuss your interpretations prior to the game, during the breaks etc. Make it consistent!

The umpiring has been pretty crap most of the season thus far in matches I've seen.

Is it the umpires or are the rules making things a lot more difficult for them? This round there must have been a focus on the 15mtr marking rule. A lot of kicks that we 20mtrs were called to play on.

Go_Dogs
29-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I think it's a bit of both. The rules have changed a lot over the last 10 or so years with regards to in the back, holding the ball etc, but the umpires are taught the interpretations and should make the correct decisions based on those rules and interpretations. I don't mind putting up with a couple of bad decisions, but when there is a lack of consistency where one example is a free, and another example of the same thing isn't paid a free, it gets a bit annoying.

It did seem as though they made an effort with regards to the 15m kicking rule. But in all honesty, why? There are far more important rules and interpretations that need work. Those guys make a load of cash for their umpiring, and as stressful as it would be, for the amount of money they're being paid, they should work better, accept the criticism leveled on them and just generally work harder to make the game as fair as possible in accordance with the rules.

On that note, the Robbins mark, that was paid, then after the replay on the big screen, reversed. WTF? Is that allowed? How come in the past when Jordie has kindly asked the umpire to look at the screen he hasn't?

LostDoggy
29-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Did any of you see the incident when Franklin ran through the point post with the ball then went straight back in and tried to kick a goal which luckily we rushed through, he was clearly over the point line and just stepped back into the square like nothing happened, some Hawks supporters near us made mention of the fact that he has done that in other games.

It was over the boundary line even before that.

BulldogBelle
29-04-2007, 10:57 PM
It was over the boundary line even before that.

Ohhh, I must've missed that bit, will check it out on the replay when I watch it tomorrow.

LostDoggy
29-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Frees 12 -25

BulldogBelle
30-04-2007, 01:26 AM
I thought that we were being umpired against.

Was there one particular umpire that gave more frees against us than others?

I have not seen an umpire give a mark and then another umpire take it off him because he thinks he just didn't seem to hold onto it properly, as seemed to be in the case of Robbins.

I think that the Bulldogs' football administation should go through the video and make a query to the AFL, asking them to investigate. Really seemed to be biased.

Seemed as though some umpires were giveing bad fees away against us and some other umpires trying to make up for it with nearly as dumb frees the other way.

Real bad show.

Twodogs
30-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Ohhh, I must've missed that bit, will check it out on the replay when I watch it tomorrow.

I was sitting next to Ernie and I thought he'd taken it over the boundary as well.

bornadog
30-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Whinge away -

Umpires seemed to have got it wrong quite a few times with various decisions affecting both teams at certain stages of the game. Frustrating to the max - I couldn't understand why Robert Murphy's mark wasn't paid and also the Robbins one.

The Murphy one wasn't paid because Shaggy had his arm around Franklin, or you could say Franklin was holding Shaggy and Shaggy tried to break free but they both fell and the umpire deemed holding the man. Shaggy gives away alot of these frees and really has to change his style of play.

The Robbins one, he didn't really control the ball. Unfortunatelty the umpires stuffed it up, as one umpire paid the mark, Johnno had already picked up the ball and had a shot for goal (point). The ball was brought back and just as Robbins was lining up, the umpires reversed the decision. Eade thinks one umpire looked up at the screen and saw the reply and changed his mind.

bornadog
30-04-2007, 08:52 AM
General Umpiring........... I think the rules committee is a big joke, they have over complicated the game and are virtually umpiring out the contest. I think it must be very difficult to umpire a game and I really don't think there should be three umpires on the ground, two are enough.

Topdog
30-04-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that the goal umpire paid it a point as soon as Franklin went over the line. Field umpire didn't see it though.

The rules are terrible and the problem with the umpires. For once I actually agree with my dad when he said 'There are no rules, just interpretations.' The rules are so vague that it's impossible to have consistency on the issue.

Oh and my thoughts on the most ridiculous decision. Franklin given a free kick against Shaggy when they were grappling with each other about 35-40m out in the 3rd qtr.

Twodogs
30-04-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that the goal umpire paid it a point as soon as Franklin went over the line. Field umpire didn't see it though.

It was pretty farcical there for a moment. The field umpire was waving play on and the goal umpire was almost on the point of the goal square(ie ten metres from the goalline) thumping his chest to let the field umpire know that that the ball had crossed the line.

The rules are terrible and the problem with the umpires. For once I actually agree with my dad when he said 'There are no rules, just interpretations.' The rules are so vague that it's impossible to have consistency on the issue.

I dont see the rules as problem in themselves-for instance the 'hands in the back' interpretation is fairly straight forward. I reckon that the problem is with the umpiring department itself. Under Geishcan it's lurched from one crisis to another, reacting to every little criticism with a hysterical overreaction. Thats where we need to start fixing things and it all starts wih Geischan.

Go_Dogs
30-04-2007, 09:50 AM
It was pretty farcical there for a moment. The field umpire was waving play on and the goal umpire was almost on the point of the goal square(ie ten metres from the goalline) thumping his chest to let the field umpire know that that the ball had crossed the line.

I dont see the rules as problem in themselves-for instance the 'hands in the back' interpretation is fairly straight forward. I reckon that the problem is with the umpiring department itself. Under Geishcan it's lurched from one crisis to another, reacting to every little criticism with a hysterical overreaction. Thats where we need to start fixing things and it all starts wih Geischan.

Yup, couldn't agree more. The players, clubs, and fans all deserve better than the trash they've been serving up.

Mofra
30-04-2007, 09:24 PM
Similar free kick count yesterday to the Tigers vs Eagles game.

We didn't spent the next 250 threads whining about it. Is it because we won,

OR

are we just the most awesome supporters of any team on the planet that has ever existed ever, and the Tigers are a bunch of whinging ferals who should concentrate on calling talkback shows to ensure all the conspiricy theories on how the CIA is keeping Richmond down are given a mainstream medium upon which to gain traction?

GVGjr
30-04-2007, 09:35 PM
The holding the ball interpretations are beyond belief. Terribly inconsistent. There were a couple of decisions today when players were pinged when they were sat on, had no prior opportunity and had not dived on the pill. Yet players (from both sides) when tackled often make no real attempt, drop the ball or basically throw it and umps call play on.

Welcome aboard WallyG. I agree that the holding the ball decisions are not consistent and seem to change from week to week. Not sure if the umpires get a gee up from the umpires coaching panel or not, but it does change a fair bit.

bornadog
30-04-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree that the holding the ball decisions are not consistent and seem to change from week to week. Not sure if the umpires get a gee up from the umpires coaching panel or not, but it does change a fair bit.

On Fox Sport the Couch (Tonight) they spoke about the holding the ball and the inconsistency and showed a couple that Shaggy was pinged for, both were not frees (according to the panel) but paid against him.

Topdog
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Umpiring was disgraceful, especially Matty Robbins mark not being paid, compared to Batemans that was. I will have to watch the replay because half of the free kicks I did not even know what they were for? Very lopsided tally count.
And why does a guy who gets the ball, is then swamped by players, pinged for holding the ball, I thought they had to have prior opportunity?
Bloody umps ruin the game.:mad:

I'm still undecided on the Robbins mark. Have you watched it again?

As for the holding the ball and prior opportunity it is beyond a joke at the moment. I sit there and laugh at some of the decisions as you are just left baffled at times.

BulldogBelle
01-05-2007, 07:39 PM
As for the holding the ball and prior opportunity it is beyond a joke at the moment. I sit there and laugh at some of the decisions as you are just left baffled at times.

I think those decisions absolutely baffle the umpires aswell, so what hope is there to get it right, in the meantime? :confused:

bornadog
24-03-2019, 04:21 PM

This is even more relevant today as it was 12 years ago. AFL bringing in more rules, or changing rules they already changed back to the original, just to make the umpires job harder.

My Beef is, how about awarding free kicks for the basics like incorrect disposal, or holding the man when he doesn't have the ball. Naughton and Schache being held so many times in the contest.

Whinge away, we haven't done it for awhile.

EasternWest
24-03-2019, 04:25 PM
I try not to worry too much about Umpiring mistakes - I think for the most part they're trying their best and don't want to influence the game - with the exception of Chamberlain, who is a pox on the game and I hate the quasi celebrity status this jumped up peacock has had bestowed on him.

oh, and since we're talking poxes on the game, the most heinous rule change ever is contact below the knees. Nuke it from orbit.

josie
24-03-2019, 07:01 PM
There was a holding the ball against Maclean in 3rd quarter which was truly appalling. And Bonts mark not paid. And Gowers paid one when he clearly did not touch it first. And stupid below knee rule decisions against both sides when offender was first in and clearly going for ball. There was also a high paid against Wood and Daniel which was not there I think in 4th when swans player moved their head sideways and it looked like possibly high. Agree Naughton was held a fair bit. Also agree umpiring did not make difference in result in this game.

soupman
24-03-2019, 10:17 PM
I thought the umpiring was pretty good. Some decisions were a bit crap but you can see what it looks like from their point of view. The only real bad error was the Bont out of bounds mark.

bulldogtragic
24-03-2019, 11:00 PM
I thought it was disgusting when the umpire paid a mark, 20m in front of goal, when the man in front clearly got all the ball. If that goal wasn’t gifted wrongly, in the comeback the team might’ve hit the front and run away with it. Pretty disgusting.

So I said it. Oh, that horrific call went our way? I do feel better.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-03-2019, 11:14 AM
I appreciate this thread

Ghost Dog
25-03-2019, 03:26 PM
During the presser Bevo had a go at the umpires, using silence for effect.

BornInDroopSt'54
26-03-2019, 10:17 PM
There was a holding the ball against Maclean in 3rd quarter which was truly appalling. And Bonts mark not paid. And Gowers paid one when he clearly did not touch it first. And stupid below knee rule decisions against both sides when offender was first in and clearly going for ball. There was also a high paid against Wood and Daniel which was not there I think in 4th when swans player moved their head sideways and it looked like possibly high. Agree Naughton was held a fair bit. Also agree umpiring did not make difference in result in this game.

There were a couple against Maclean where he had no time to dispose and was pinged. Later he was grabbed around the neck and got the free and on replay Brayshaw called saying "he gets a lot of those". Hope Maclean hasnt been typecast.

bornadog
01-04-2019, 10:47 PM
Hawks still whinging

An unhappy team: Hawthorn seek answers on umpiring calls

Hawthorn have sought clarification of three umpiring decisions that either led to Western Bulldogs’ goals or saw the Hawks lose a shot on goal in the final quarter of their defeat on Sunday.

The Hawks contacted the AFL on Monday to clarify the reasoning behind free kicks paid against Jaegar O’Meara, James Worpel and James Sicily.

Upon review, the AFL found that the free against Worpel should not have been paid, but the frees against O’Meara and Sicily were correct. This was yet to be communicated to Hawthorn by deadline time.

The free against Worpel was for a centre square infringement, leading to a goal to Jackson Macrae that levelled the scores with several minutes left. At the subsequent centre bounce, a free was paid against Sicily for off the ball contact against Josh Schache, who converted his fourth goal, putting the Dogs ahead for the first time late in the game.

The Hawks also queried the decision against O’Meara that saw Jarryd Roughead lose a shot on goal in the last quarter, when O’Meara made contact with Macrae twice. The AFL’s view was this was prohibited contact in the form of striking.

The AFL’s umpiring review deemed that Sicily made contact with Schache with a clenched fist.
The Bulldogs booted the last eight goals of the match to overrun the Hawks. While the club sought to clarify these decisions, Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson refused to blame umpiring for his team’s capitulation and pointed instead to the Dogs’ overall dominance across the majority of the game.

Hawthorn had led by 30 points as late as the seven-minute mark of the last quarter. However, they were afflicted with second-half hamstring injuries to Liam Shiels and Shaun Burgoyne that deprived them of both rotations and midfield capability against a Dogs’ team strengthened by the return of Tom Liberatore.

The Bulldogs controlled the second quarter in play, with the inside 50m count at 41-15 at half-time – a territorial dominance that was not reflected in the scores (the Dogs led by less than a goal).
Clarkson said the Bulldogs were clearly the better side on the day and that they were fortunate to be as close as they were at half-time.

The Hawks are yet to confirm the extent of the hamstring injuries to Shiels and Burgoyne, but they are certain to miss games, further eroding a midfield that is without Brownlow medallist Tom Mitchell.

Link (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/an-unhappy-team-hawthorn-seek-answers-on-umpiring-calls-20190401-p519s8.html)

bulldogtragic
01-04-2019, 10:50 PM
Scoreboard... scoreboard... scoreboard... scoreboard.

jeemak
01-04-2019, 11:16 PM
They're right to seek clarification...…..I can assure you the umpires won't be as strict on any of the issues paid as free kicks in round ten as they were yesterday.

Hawthorn were completely cooked anyway, irrespective of the free kick count. The difference in midfield rotations exacerbated the fact we stopped giving them the footy and reasons to score. Much like last week, our opposition's scoring was completely up to us. It's just that in the last quarter we stopped handing it to them, which was nice to see.

AshMac
02-04-2019, 08:07 AM
Of the three free kicks they sought a response on - the Worpel free kick was he most clear cut.

He was inside the centre circle when the umpire went to bounce the ball. Every match players take the long way around to their man for that reason.

In honesty - I thought the umpiring was pretty good on Sunday. I assumed they’d pay tonnes of frees to Hawthorn in the final qtr to even the “stat” because of media coverage - but they didn’t.

Hawthorn were sloppy and we were disciplined and hungry.

craigsahibee
02-04-2019, 09:00 AM
Look for an over correction from the umpires against the Suns this week.

This is a danger game for us.

Our fast hands are back this year. I have a feeling head office will look at clamping down on that again as they did post 2016.

Twodogs
02-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Of the three free kicks they sought a response on - the Worpel free kick was he most clear cut.

He was inside the centre circle when the umpire went to bounce the ball. Every match players take the long way around to their man for that reason.

In honesty - I thought the umpiring was pretty good on Sunday. I assumed they’d pay tonnes of frees to Hawthorn in the final qtr to even the “stat” because of media coverage - but they didn’t.

Spot on. They were always ready to stop playing and stand around whinging too.

"its not our fault, the dirty rotten umpires were against us..."

I assumed they’d pay tonnes of frees to Hawthorn in the final qtr to even the “stat” because of media coverage - but they didn’t.

I was stunned when the payback didn't come.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-04-2019, 10:43 AM
AFL said it would crack down on jumper punching etc. Seeking clarification is just paying lip service to the media chewimg its cud. Guilty as charged.

Twodogs
02-04-2019, 11:48 AM
It's tuesday and I just heard Steven Quartermain still carping and whinging on SEN. He was virtually saying "Yeah it was a free kick against Cicily under the new interpretation but, you know, we are Hawthorn and its not fair that we should have to follow the same rules that everyone else does, because, you know we are Hawthorn, and we always get the magic rub" It's like they are stunned that the umpires pay any free kicks against them let alone late in the last quarter when the game is on the line.

It sounded to me like he was just setting off to have a big cry after he'd hung up.

Mofra
02-04-2019, 12:57 PM
I was stunned when the payback didn't come.
They got a couple in the third that were lineball.

The only howler Hawks copped was the Henderson deliberate OOB - it was just a really shit kick.

Flamethrower
02-04-2019, 01:31 PM
The 2 worst decisions of the weekend have hardly caused a ripple in media circles....

The free against Scott Lycett for brushing past his ruck opponent from Carlton.

The non free against Luke Hodge for punching Aaron Hall in the neck.

Instead it is all about sucking up to the entitled Hawthorn Football Club, who clearly only lost because of 3 "game changing" free kicks given to the charity/basket case Western Suburbs lowlife Bulldogs.

bornadog
02-04-2019, 02:05 PM
The 2 worst decisions of the weekend have hardly caused a ripple in media circles....

The free against Scott Lycett for brushing past his ruck opponent from Carlton.

The non free against Luke Hodge for punching Aaron Hall in the neck.

Instead it is all about sucking up to the entitled Hawthorn Football Club, who clearly only lost because of 3 "game changing" free kicks given to the charity/basket case Western Suburbs lowlife Bulldogs.

No one talks about the lack of ability of the Hawks to actually get the ball. How they beat Adelaide is beyond me when Adelaide smashed them everywhere bar the score board. Similar to us they had 100 more disposals, more contested poss. etc etc.

I think the Hawks are in trouble due to a lack of midfielders with the ability to get the ball.

Topdog
02-04-2019, 03:42 PM

I thought O'Meara and Worpel were clear cut. I'm amazed they said Worpel should not have been given

1eyedog
02-04-2019, 05:04 PM
The Grand Final I think it was Parker hands on the shoulders / unrealistic attempt to mark on Wood which immediately led to a Kennedy goal from general play 30 metres out? Anyone? This has always annoyed me and now I feel better.

Rocket Science
04-04-2019, 03:11 PM
They can sook all they want but AFEL House is predictably doubling down on this ...

https://i.ibb.co/T0p67Jy/Screen-Shot-2019-04-04-at-3-04-27-PM.png (https://ibb.co/Jp0VG8Z)

Look at Bont and Naughton's faces here and try not to giggle. It's impossible.

westdog54
04-04-2019, 03:19 PM
They can sook all they want but AFEL House is predictably doubling down on this ...

https://i.ibb.co/T0p67Jy/Screen-Shot-2019-04-04-at-3-04-27-PM.png (https://ibb.co/Jp0VG8Z)

Look at Bont and Naughton's faces here and try not to giggle. It's impossible.

Bont laughing himself silly and affectionately patting Sicily on the head was my second favourite image of the match.

I'm sick of Sicily's action being referred to as a 'push' simply because it was with an open hand.

He STRUCK Schache's chest with an open palm. We (most here know I'm a serving Police Officer) get trained to use open hand strikes, and in a close quarter scrap they are a better defensive option than a punch as the level of force is still there but you're at far less risk of injuring yourself.

bornadog
04-04-2019, 04:47 PM
He STRUCK Schache's chest with an open palm. We (most here know I'm a serving Police Officer) get trained to use open hand strikes, and in a close quarter scrap they are a better defensive option than a punch as the level of force is still there but you're at far less risk of injuring yourself.

Actually the umpire claims he saw a clenched fist.

I know I wouldn't want to be hit by those guys open or clenched hand, it would hurt. It's not being tough, it is just a waste of energy and looks bad for the game.

Twodogs
04-04-2019, 07:22 PM
Bont laughing himself silly and affectionately patting Sicily on the head was my second favourite image of the match.

I'm sick of Sicily's action being referred to as a 'push' simply because it was with an open hand.

Yep, Ive broken a knuckle punching someone. It really hurt.

bornadog
05-09-2021, 01:25 PM
Double

bornadog
05-09-2021, 01:26 PM
Following on from last nights game, someone has gone to alot of trouble.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-dveOUUYAcRTvd?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-dvhyNVQAAo3gZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

bornadog
05-09-2021, 01:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-dvrqAVcAANk7Y?format=jpg&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-dvuK3VQAEo6e6?format=jpg&name=900x900

bulldogsthru&thru
05-09-2021, 02:09 PM
About a year after, I went through the 2016 GF to assess all calls and potential non-calls. A year later removed any bias. Swans should have had more calls. But so should have we. In fact, the differential should have been greater. We were simply all over them and often first to the ball.

G-Mo77
05-09-2021, 02:12 PM
I just find it nice being on the other side of the whinge about umpiring. Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.

EasternWest
05-09-2021, 02:13 PM
Aside from obvious howlers I pay not much mind to the umpires and I find it's the best way to watch footy.

Unless it's the Ray Chamberlain show and I'm ablaze with great vengeance and furious anger.

comrade
05-09-2021, 02:19 PM
Mitch Robinson having a passive-aggressive hissy fit on social media. Love to see it.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-09-2021, 02:25 PM
I mean, which calls are all these sooks complaining about? Because I guarantee I’ll match them and some with calls we were hard done by. But of course that’s overlooked.

My concern is how one way it’ll be next week. We’ll be up against it. Power, crowd and umps.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 02:29 PM
Mitch Robinson having a passive-aggressive hissy fit on social media. Love to see it.

Maybe he should’ve played better. But that list ain’t going anywhere if the loss is about umpiring. Plenty of other things he should be focusing on, that’s within his control and the teams control.

bulldogsthru&thru
05-09-2021, 02:34 PM
This talk of Mitch Robinson is just reminding me of Naughts huge pack crash that nearly killed him. Was an important moment from Naughts.

Mantis
05-09-2021, 02:34 PM

I don’t he’s agreed with any free kick paid against him ever.. so not sure he’ll start now.

The only one they got wrong was the HTB they should’ve been paid against Dale, but he did cop a knee in the back/side and Rich held it in, but he did dive on it… but instead we scored a goal from the next piece of play so it wasn’t all that costly. ;)

comrade
05-09-2021, 02:37 PM
I don’t he’s agreed with any free kick paid against him ever.. so not sure he’ll start now.

The only one they got wrong was the HTB they should’ve been paid against Dale, but he did cop a knee in the back/side and Rich held it in, but he did dive on it… but instead we scored a goal from the next piece of play so it wasn’t all that costly. ;)

Yeah, the Dale one was the worst non-call of the night. I was spitting chips waiting for the inevitable call to come and when it didn't, let out a shocked expletive.

GVGjr
05-09-2021, 03:27 PM
Maybe he should’ve played better. But that list ain’t going anywhere if the loss is about umpiring. Plenty of other things he should be focusing on, that’s within his control and the teams control.

It's more than a bit ironic that if an umpire makes a couple of wrong calls he gets called out but if our players miss what should be easy shots it's somewhat accepted. The umpires are often just an easy target after a loss.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 03:43 PM
It's more than a bit ironic that if an umpire makes a couple of wrong calls he gets called out but if our players miss what should be easy shots it's somewhat accepted. The umpires are often just an easy target after a loss.

We’ve been lucky so far that easy misses haven’t hurt us this finals series. At 3/4 time we were going at 35% accuracy. I don’t want it to hurt us next week. Finals accuracy:

Good: Weightman 5.1, Naughton 4.0, Smith 4.0, Schache 3.0, Libba 2.0

Average: Hannan 3.3

Poor: Vandermeer 1.3, Bontempelli 0.3