bornadog
07-09-2009, 03:41 PM
deserved it dirty mongrel:D

Can take two weeks with an early plea

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 03:44 PM
deserved it dirty mongrel:D

Can take two weeks with an early plea

Are you serious - I love it, there is a footy god!!! Now let's hear all the filth supporters sooking up! Kinda makes me wish they were still in the finals race, I've always said, ".....no Judd, no Carlton!"

mighty_west
07-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Very good call, didn't do any damage BUT, a very dangerous thing to do.

Good call by the MRP, 2/3 weeks is about right.

The Coon Dog
07-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Lets hope we play them in one of the first 2 rounds next season.

*For those who might ask, yes, he can still win the Brownlow. Its only indiscretions/suspensions that happen during the H & A season.

aker39
07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Lets hope we play them in one of the first 2 rounds next season.

Hawthorn Round 1, Carlton Round 2

wb_age
07-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I wonder if the outcome would have been the same had they won the game.

wimberga
07-09-2009, 04:04 PM
TCD, does that mean that Judd will still be in the running for Next years brownlow aswell?

The Coon Dog
07-09-2009, 04:07 PM
TCD, does that mean that Judd will still be in the running for Next years brownlow aswell?

Yes.

comrade
07-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Pitiful attempt at a Vulcan Death Grip – Spock would be rolling in his grave.

Raw Toast
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Hawthorn Round 1, Carlton Round 2

Nice, but I'd like us to be having the grand final re-match in R1 in which the club which we smashed (Cats, Pies or Crows), will have a chance for some so-called revenge :)

Good to see Judd go down as well.

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I was kinda half expecting he wouldn't get anything purely on the fact that it's Chris Judd.

Big Will
07-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned on other threads but does anyone know if the MRP even looked at Joel Selwood clothes lining Gilbee... not once but twice!?

I was sitting on the wing and had a pretty good view of the two incidents and I hope that the video has been reviewed. While I haven't seen the footage, both hits looked intentional and high.

ledge
07-09-2009, 04:42 PM
He should have got more, admitted he was deliberatey going the head area and a very nasty low thing to try.

mighty_west
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned on other threads but does anyone know if the MRP even looked at Joel Selwood clothes lining Gilbee... not once but twice!?

I was sitting on the wing and had a pretty good view of the two incidents and I hope that the video has been reviewed. While I haven't seen the footage, both hits looked intentional and high.

According to Doran [SEN], his head highs have been looked at and nothing from them, and thats fair enough, both worthy of free kicks, nothing more.

Scraggers
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
*For those who might ask, yes, he can still win the Brownlow. Its only indiscretions/suspensions that happen during the H & A season.

Yes.

There is definitely something wrong with the system if this is the case ... IMO any indiscretions in the finals should carry over into the following year's Brownlow

The Adelaide Connection
07-09-2009, 04:49 PM

I was on level 2 of that win and they both looked like they were definitely worth looking at. I haven't seen the replay so it's hard to judge but the MRP cleared him. What do people think in an age where even accidental head high contact pulls weeks?

mighty_west
07-09-2009, 04:51 PM
I was on level 2 of that win and they both looked like they were definitely worth looking at. I haven't seen the replay so it's hard to judge but the MRP cleared him. What do people think in an age where even accidental head high contact pulls weeks?

I think it's ridiculous that you can be found guilty & suspended for accidental contact of any sort.

Remi Moses
07-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Nothing in the selwood tackles.

The Coon Dog
07-09-2009, 04:54 PM
There is definitely something wrong with the system if this is the case ... IMO any indiscretions in the finals should carry over into the following year's Brownlow
No way!!

The Brownlow Medal is only reflective of the Home & Away season.

You can't get votes in the finals, so any suspensions you receive then shouldn't count either.

The Adelaide Connection
07-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I think it's ridiculous that you can be found guilty & suspended for accidental contact of any sort.

I agree but if they are going to hand out weeks for bumps that accidentally catch a head (like Murphy and Franklins) it doesn't make a lot of sense when two coat hangers would be quickly given the ok. If there was a concussion would that have changed the outcome? It shouldn't but I bet it would.

Scraggers
07-09-2009, 05:03 PM
No way!!

You can't get votes in the finals, so any suspensions you receive then shouldn't count either.

This is what I disagree with most ... yes, you can only get votes in the H & A season (this is to ensure ALL players have an equal opportunity to win Charlie), but the medal is held in such high regard, any indescretions in the finals should rule you out the following year.

You could have a great season, but then be the dirtiest mongrel in the final King-Hitting someone and still win the Brownlow ... I think thats wrong

ledge
07-09-2009, 05:10 PM
No way!!

They should change the rules how can you separate certain games .. oh its finals so you can smash a bloke now and its still fair ??

Best and fairest you would think should include whole season even practice games, finals and NAB cup (or whatever its called each year), fair enough you cant get votes because not all teams are in them but at least stay fair in all games. Is that to hard to do?

I must say i have always wondered why some players havent gone the punch in grand finals, who cares if you get 10 weeks if it knocks out the best player and your team wins a grand final (and ours hasnt in 50 odd years) he would probably be looked at as a hero in some supporters eyes.

Thats my 2 cents worth (minus tax, rounded up 1 cent)

mighty_west
07-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I must say i have always wondered why some players havent gone the punch in grand finals, who cares if you get 10 weeks if it knocks out the best player and your team wins a grand final (and ours hasnt in 50 odd years) he would probably be looked at as a hero in some supporters eyes.

Thats my 2 cents worth (minus tax, rounded up 1 cent)

Monty got absolutely wiped out in the 2006 Elimination against the Pies in the first 5 seconds of the game, he got up & played out of his skin bagging 4 goals, teams that go the punch lose focus on winning the ball imo.

ratsmac
07-09-2009, 05:27 PM

Monty got absolutely wiped out in the 2006 Elimination against the Pies in the first 5 seconds of the game, he got up & played out of his skin bagging 4 goals, teams that go the punch lose focus on winning the ball imo.

Mark Yeates also tried to KO Brereton in that grand final, and Dermie ended up being instrumental in their premiership. Sounds like a good idea but it doesn't seem to work.

Dry Rot
07-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Good to login and see this. :)

Thanks for that - first thing I thought.

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Judd should have got a couple more for his ridiculous explanation of his martial arts move in trying to find the pressure points.

comrade
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Judd should have got a couple more for his ridiculous explanation of his martial arts move in trying to find the pressure points.

Was he claiming that the eye is a pressure point?

ledge
07-09-2009, 06:43 PM

I agree, just made him look more guilty and even more stupid.

Second time he has been reported for eye gouging obviously one of his moves, i wonder how many he has got away with?

Topdog
07-09-2009, 06:45 PM

No behind the ear.

Should get suspended for attempted use of martial arts to injure a player.

ledge
07-09-2009, 07:17 PM
No behind the ear.

Should get suspended for attempted use of martial arts to injure a player.

And kicked out of martial arts classes if he does them, as they are only for defence.

AndrewP6
07-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Good call, sensible call, absolutely the correct call, MRP! About time Sir Judd was treated the same as any other player... thought he was above this sort of skullduggery, but then again he does play for CAAAAAAARLTON... and his explanation did nothing to get me on the Judd wagon either....the stupid prat...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-09-2009, 07:53 PM

No he said behind the ear... he was just trying to get there from inside Rischitelli's eye socket

boydogs
07-09-2009, 09:29 PM

IIRC Alastair Lynch went pretty hard on Shane Wakelin in a GF which was his final game. I also thought it may be why Rocca came in for the Pies, to KO Dawson.

Good argument for red cards

bornadog
08-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Carlton will challenge the charge and risk the extra game penalty.

AndrewP6
08-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Just heard he's been found guilty...no word yet on penalty... Judd as part of his "defence" told them he'd been out the previous night drinking, and did that interview (the pressure points one) after only half an hour sleep. And that he had no idea what pressure points are, he'd heard about it on a wrestling show.

So, he's obviously fitting in well at CAAAAAAAARLTON... the moron.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Just heard he's been found guilty...no word yet on penalty... Judd as part of his "defence" told them he'd been out the previous night drinking, and did that interview (the pressure points one) after only half an hour sleep. And that he had no idea what pressure points are, he'd heard about it on a wrestling show.

If he is guilty its 3 matches. He was up at the tribunal just now.

mighty_west
08-09-2009, 07:33 PM

He's just making himself sound more silly by the day isn't he, the fact that they have found him guilty, has to get the maximum 3 week penalty.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Heard on the radio the jury can only look at the footage and not take into account his comments...
He will probably get off then... What a joke!!!

How the Hell did Selwood not get sighted for not 1 But 2 coat hangers????

bornadog
08-09-2009, 08:01 PM

They were free kicks, not hits.

alwaysadog
09-09-2009, 01:07 AM
He's just making himself sound more silly by the day isn't he, the fact that they have found him guilty, has to get the maximum 3 week penalty.

But it's the navybluefilth and they will appeal.

The grounds will be he is Chris Judd and he plays for carrrrllltttooon and is therefore beyond reproach or admonition by lesser beings like ourselves or anyone outside the carrrrllltttooon hierachy.

I hope you've got that straight.

Furthermore and notwithstanding anything he did or said he has been appointed to an ambassadorial position by Visy and so it is a diplomatic matter and can't be tried by the tribunal, the appeals board or any other civil tribunal only the board of Visy Industries has authority in this matter.

They will be impartially assisted by the carlltoon directors, who have already investigated the matter and are laying a counter charge against the other player for mischieviously placing his head in such a position that St Chris had no alternative but to attend to its betterment.. and they wish it to be noted that Chris is being persecuted for that kind act.

They wish it further to be known that irrespective of the outcome of the current procedings the beatification and cannonisation of the club captain will still take place before the commencement of pre season training. The ceremonies for St Brendan will follow after a further 28 day hiatus.

Rocket Science
09-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Heard on the radio the jury can only look at the footage and not take into account his comments...
He will probably get off then... What a joke!!!

Selwood was sighted, just not cited...and rightfully so, they weren't reportable deeds.

bornadog
09-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Carlton have now appealed.

comrade
09-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Carlton have now appealed.

I see Pratt’s money is going to good use.

GVGjr
09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
It would appear that it's more about what he said than the actions he took. I'd hate it to be one of our boys being rubbed out for that incident.

AndrewP6
09-09-2009, 10:07 PM
But it's the navybluefilth and they will appeal.

The grounds will be he is Chris Judd and he plays for carrrrllltttooon and is therefore beyond reproach or admonition by lesser beings like ourselves or anyone outside the carrrrllltttooon hierachy.

I hope you've got that straight.

Furthermore and notwithstanding anything he did or said he has been appointed to an ambassadorial position by Visy and so it is a diplomatic matter and can't be tried by the tribunal, the appeals board or any other civil tribunal only the board of Visy Industries has authority in this matter.

They will be impartially assisted by the carlltoon directors, who have already investigated the matter and are laying a counter charge against the other player for mischieviously placing his head in such a position that St Chris had no alternative but to attend to its betterment.. and they wish it to be noted that Chris is being persecuted for that kind act.

They wish it further to be known that irrespective of the outcome of the current procedings the beatification and cannonisation of the club captain will still take place before the commencement of pre season training. The ceremonies for St Brendan will follow after a further 28 day hiatus.

Great stuff... I'd like to know, will they finish with "In summing up, it's the Constitution, it's Mabo, it's justice, it's law, it's the vibe, and, uh ... No, that's it. It's the vibe."???

alwaysadog
10-09-2009, 12:25 AM
Great stuff... I'd like to know, will they finish with "In summing up, it's the Constitution, it's Mabo, it's justice, it's law, it's the vibe, and, uh ... No, that's it. It's the vibe."???

I love it, there will never be a lawyer as funny, as loveable and as out of his depth.

Although that great summation made about as much sense as their claim will, there is no chance the blue filth will look to a creative denoument, they oppose all those things and most importantly they oppose humour.

Otherwise we'd all be invited to laugh at the pressure point, no pressure point fiasco, humour might have saved him.. because right now the Judster is starting to smell like fish left too long in the sun.

alwaysadog
10-09-2009, 12:35 AM

This is a bit like in a court of law where a judge rules out certain comments. That is very good for the legal niceties, but the fact is everyone has heard them. Sure you can't obviously base your conclusion on them but how can you ignore them.... that is unless all along you had wanted an excuse to let the accused get off scot free.

This time I think his tongue has dug his grave for him and seriously undermined his image at the same time.

A tool of the week nomination heading his way.

LostDoggy
10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
It would appear that it's more about what he said than the actions he took. I'd hate it to be one of our boys being rubbed out for that incident.

Disagree, Judd here has history. He luckily got off lighty that time. This time hands were in the face no where near the ball, might not have been gouging but certainly they didn't need to be there.
Still there is no valid explaination on why his hand was there. 3 weeks might be exessive but a lesson needs to be learnt not just by him but others wanting to put hands in the face.

The agrument of insufficient force in this case and others is ridiculous when attempted striking gets done. Besides insufficient force can just mean you have done it poorly and should be no excuse.

LostDoggy
10-09-2009, 10:11 AM
I would give him an extra week for wasting time. He was told 3 if he lost or 2 if he didn't contest. He took the chance and lost. Everyone knows that the head is untouchable accidental bump of fingers alike no touchie do we need to have another DVD telling players that Kung FU is an unacceptable way of preventing a player trying to contest the ball.

The Coon Dog
10-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Carlton captain Chris Judd loses appeal

AAP 10 September 10, 2009 7:15PM

CARLTON captain Chris Judd has lost his appeal against his three-game AFL suspension for misconduct.

The star midfielder will miss the first three games of the 2010 home and away season.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-captain-chris-judd-loses-appeal/story-e6frf9io-1225771656662)

GVGjr
10-09-2009, 10:06 PM
I'd hate it for a Bulldog player to be missing weeks for the same incident.

bornadog
10-09-2009, 10:18 PM

Libba did;)

LostDoggy
10-09-2009, 10:26 PM

When was the last time a player let alone one of ours put the hand in the face of player that wasn't near the ball?
You must of been upset when Libba and Romero got done?
Judd got his just reward.

AndrewP6
11-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Gets better... after losing the appeal, Sir Judd says "I've since watched a couple of Steven Seagal movies and realised that pressure points are no laughing matter".

And they say footballers are big, dumb jocks...

bornadog
11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Gets better... after losing the appeal, Sir Judd says "I've since watched a couple of Steven Seagal movies and realised that pressure points are no laughing matter".

And they say footballers are big, dumb jocks...

Couldn't happen to a better club and its captain:D

Ozza
11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
As much as it being a Carlton playing makes it amusing that he got 3 weeks. It is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that Judd was suspended for 3 matches for something so trivial.

We have a great sport. And in most respects it is well run - but the tribunal and direction of the rules committee's are farcicial. 3 weeks suspension for that is embarrassing.

LostDoggy
11-09-2009, 11:47 AM
As much as it being a Carlton playing makes it amusing that he got 3 weeks. It is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that Judd was suspended for 3 matches for something so trivial.

We have a great sport. And in most respects it is well run - but the tribunal and direction of the rules committee's are farcicial. 3 weeks suspension for that is embarrassing.
How is putting a hand in the face of an opponent on the ground not near the ball trivial? Its hardly a weekly occurance. Millimetres away from the eyes. I suppose thats ok.
Still no valid explaination in what he was trying to do.

Topdog
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM

I don't understand all the people saying this. He was literally millimeters away from an eye gouge and we still haven't heard him give any excuse for what his hands were doing in that area. Why anyone would attempt to touch someone near the eyes is beyond me and whilst 3 weeks is excessive it is needed as this is the first time it has been charged and a statement needs to be made.

This is all forgetting the fact that he did even worse to Brown last time.

I'm still patiently waiting for his reason for doing it. All we got was the martial arts which was apparently a joke.

Ozza
11-09-2009, 12:04 PM
He didn't put his fingers in the eyes of the Lions player. If he had have done that - then of course it is more severe.

3 weeks is a very severe penalty for putting your hands on someone's face. He didn't hurt the player.
1 week would have sent the message that its unacceptable.

Serious question: Do you honestly think 3 weeks is a fair suspension for that incidence? remembering that slow motion makes the player appear to have much more 'intent' - as it was actual only about a second that his hand was on the players face.

Topdog
11-09-2009, 12:40 PM
And players that get suspended for attempted striking don't actually touch a player but their intent is clear and they usually get 1-2 weeks. Judd got 2 and fought it, which increased it to 3.

Mind you if Brown didn't lie for him I think he would have gotten 4. Then again if Brown didn't lie for him I doubt he would have done it again.