PDA

View Full Version : One week at a time - One HD - 7.30pm

Mantis
07-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Rodney Eade is the special guest tonight.

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Don't have the channel.

Can someone please post up what is spoken about? (i'm sure it will happen anyway)

Judging by what he said on radio this morning, i think he is thinking about changing a few players. Just my gut feel, but i think he is looking to change things up.

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 07:32 PM
How do you not have the station? Are you still on analogue or something?! Upgrade to digital and watch One HD (Channel 1) :)

The footy is great in HD. 7 also have the finals in HD.

The Big Dog
07-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Don't have the channel.

Can someone please post up what is spoken about? (i'm sure it will happen anyway)

I second this

Rocket Science
07-09-2009, 08:48 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it's still not available in regional Vic.

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 09:14 PM
You cannot be serious?
Drop Big Will for Everitt?
Mr Darcy..

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Heres something I just heard.

Luke Darcy thinks Everitt should come in for Big Will..

Anyone agree?

GVGjr
07-09-2009, 09:17 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it's still not available in regional Vic.

Standard interview. Talked about our skills errors and decision making and how well the Cats played in the first half.

Ward got a bit of a of praise.
Griffen's form was questioned and he went into bat for him saying how he played well in the first half of the year as a run with player and how he had a high tackle count etc but that people are expecting more from him.
Side stepped a question about Aker going on next year but did acknowledge that his form has been good and that he hasn't lapsed like he did last year.
Mentioned that reputations are made in September and that he liked the teaching side of coaching.

Plenty of other snippets mentioned and I'm sure others will add to.

azabob
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM

Anyone agree?

Yes I agree we should do it.

Not many agree with me.

cambo
07-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Yes I agree we should do it.

Not many agree with me.

Cant hurt!! as much as I love big Will he needs to find confidence and belive in himself, if he wants to he can take the big grab, just seems to switch off at crucial times, saying all this Everitt does as well, this is why im a supporter not a coach, bloody hard call to make!

Find the intensity of the previous 3 weeks boys!!

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 09:37 PM

Anyone agree?

Hell no.....Yes Will didnt have the best game last Saturday, but i dont think he deserves to be dropped...

bornadog
07-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Darcy suggesting Everitt in and Minson out this week.

Confident to keep Lake.

Barry Hall - Need some boxes to be ticketed, will be discussed at end of season. Depends also on how we finish up in the finals. Darcy thinks he is too old to be considered.

Praise for Leon Cameron as assistant. Very good decision maker.

Rocco Jones
07-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I would really be up for Dre for Minson if it was a regular season game. I subscribe to the theory that a 2nd ruckman should help you out around the ground and I don't think Will does enough there. The ruck combo he provides with Hudson is pretty one-dimensional.

G-Mo77
07-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Cant hurt!! as much as I love big Will he needs to find confidence and belive in himself, if he wants to he can take the big grab, just seems to switch off at crucial times, saying all this Everitt does as well, this is why im a supporter not a coach, bloody hard call to make!

He won't find any being dropped for a final. I think there is a spot for Everitt this week but it wont be at the expense of Minson.

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 10:13 PM
He won't find any being dropped for a final. I think there is a spot for Everitt this week but it wont be at the expense of Minson.

Yep I agree, Will was flat this week but did quite well when he had to ruck by himself last week.

LostDoggy
07-09-2009, 10:17 PM

He needs to be left to do what he does best, and that's ruck.

You can't create a forward, you are either born one, or you're not. We have persevered with him in the forward line, but it isn't going to work, not now & not in the future. We all seen what he did against Collingwood, when given the ruck duties all by himself.

Once we start producing our key forwards, and allow Will to be just a ruck men, we will see the best of the big fella.

mighty_west
07-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Nice call by Luke to fire up the big fella who wears number 27...;)

anfo27
07-09-2009, 10:24 PM

Anyone agree?

Yes agree but i would drop Hudson not Will.

The Underdog
07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Yes agree but i would drop Hudson not Will.

That's preposterous. Hudson's work at the centre bounces on the ground is massively important to us. I think he was in our top 5 last week and can't see him being dropped.
I'm not against Dre coming in as a back up ruck option but apparently he was rubbish yesterday so it's not like he's being picked on form.

Mantis
07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm not against Dre coming in as a back up ruck option but apparently he was rubbish yesterday so it's not like he's being picked on form.

He wasn't picked on form when he came in for our rd 22 clash or dropped because of poor form when he was left out last week.

If we were promoting/ demoting players on form our team would be like a revolving door.

anfo27
07-09-2009, 10:56 PM
That's preposterous. Hudson's work at the centre bounces on the ground is massively important to us. I think he was in our top 5 last week and can't see him being dropped.

Its not about form its about match ups & that match up didn't hurt us against Collingwood.

The Underdog
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
He wasn't picked on form when he came in for our rd 22 clash or dropped because of poor form when he was left out last week.

If we were promoting/ demoting players on form our team would be like a revolving door.

Sure it'd be a revolving door with 25 playing for Willy and 15 in the seniors.
It's not like there is a bunch of guys knocking down the door to replace the guys who are underperforming in the seniors, apart from Reid who appears to be injured and Callan who probably doesn't have a spot to come into.
I see the reasoning for bringing Everitt in with Brisbane's undersized, mobile ruck brigade I'm just not convinced he'll actually perform.

The Underdog
07-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Its not about form its about match ups & that match up didn't hurt us against Collingwood.

I just don't understand dropping a guy who played well in a final when there's 15 or so who didn't, especially when he wasn't the worst performed at his position.

anfo27
07-09-2009, 11:54 PM
I just don't understand dropping a guy who played well in a final when there's 15 or so who didn't, especially when he wasn't the worst performed at his position.

Form shouldn't be the only reason you pick a side especially in a final.

Topdog
08-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Form shouldn't be the only reason you pick a side especially in a final.

Why are we ignoring the fact that our rucks beat Brisbane 4 weeks ago just because the Brisbane rucks went on to physically beat up on the Carlton rucks last week.

Huddo was great 4 weeks ago and great on Sat.

Mantis
08-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Sure it'd be a revolving door with 25 playing for Willy and 15 in the seniors.
It's not like there is a bunch of guys knocking down the door to replace the guys who are underperforming in the seniors, apart from Reid who appears to be injured and Callan who probably doesn't have a spot to come into.
I see the reasoning for bringing Everitt in with Brisbane's undersized, mobile ruck brigade I'm just not convinced he'll actually perform.

Neither am I, but the same could be said of a quite a few others who don't perform as well as they should against the better teams.

We probably need to pick a team that we think will play against St.Kilda and hope that they can get the job done against Brisbane.

Desipura
08-09-2009, 09:15 AM
He needs to be left to do what he does best, and that's ruck.

You can't create a forward, you are either born one, or you're not.
Agree with first point, not the second.
Roughead of Hawthorn was a centre half back at under 18s level and Prestigiacomo was playing as centre half forward at under 18s before he was drafted. Lake was originally a forward.
Going back even further Mick Martyn was recruited as a forward.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I don't agree with dropping Will. I think he was still suffering from the short break more than anyone as he did pretty much the whole game in the ruck against the ferals on his own.

Now now offence to will but he doesn't exactly have the motor to win the Hawaiin Iron Man.

He will be right this week.

Cyberdoggie
08-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Neither am I, but the same could be said of a quite a few others who don't perform as well as they should against the better teams.

We probably need to pick a team that we think will play against St.Kilda and hope that they can get the job done against Brisbane.

So if i'm not wrong your suggesting we need to balance the side up with players that are strong enough to play with the StKilda pressure game. Reid in, Eagleton out? :p
another might be Everitt in Gia out.

Remi Moses
08-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Enjoyed the show way better than ''On The Couch'' which is tired and in need of a new host. Quartermain looks way more relaxed than Healy who looks like a rabbit caught in headlights on screen. Let's be honest Hampson and Kruezer aren't the most physical of ruck divisions and Minson and Huddo have it all over them physically. I'd have to say they wont make a change for Friday Night.

Sockeye Salmon
08-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Enjoyed the show way better than ''On The Couch'' which is tired and in need of a new host. Quartermain looks way more relaxed than Healy who looks like a rabbit caught in headlights on screen. Let's be honest Hampson and Kruezer aren't the most physical of ruck divisions and Minson and Huddo have it all over them physically. I'd have to say they wont make a change for Friday Night.

????
Hampson and Kruezer are drunk

Twodogs
08-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Hampson and Kruezer

...both play for Carlton. We play Brisbane on friday night.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I think Remi is implying that Kruz and Hampson applied no physical pressure to Brisbane's rucks so Minson and Huddo should win that battle against Brisbane's rucks.

Sedat
08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Brisbane are like a kid brother to St Kilda. They have the two-pronged key forward set-up, and the inside midfield capabilities, and if Drummond plays, the rebounding drive off half back. I think it will take care of itself how we structure up against Brisbane, as their strengths are not dissimilar to St Kilda. The more I think about it, the more I see Williams being rushed in this week to help structure up our defence, which I'm all for - would hate to see Williams come in cold for a prelim final the following week if we get over the line against Brisbane.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Agree with first point, not the second.
Roughead of Hawthorn was a centre half back at under 18s level and Prestigiacomo was playing as centre half forward at under 18s before he was drafted. Lake was originally a forward.
Going back even further Mick Martyn was recruited as a forward.

I think it's different, you can't really turn a pure ruck men into a power forward.

Not with Minson anyway.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I think it's different, you can't really turn a pure ruck men into a power forward.

Not with Minson anyway.

Paul Salmon went the other way.

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Anyone else still watching?

Half an hour of Collingwood and counting..ridiculous.

Darce mentioned Rocket for a moment but straight back into Collingwood.

Maybe on the couch will be less bias? ;)

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 09:16 PM
They're giving us a pretty good wrap now.
Constructive criticism, alot of it.
Bombing the ball into the forward line, and bagging the crap out of Aker!

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Wow they even gave Eagleton Hero of the week..

Raw Toast
14-09-2009, 09:45 PM
They're giving us a pretty good wrap now.
Constructive criticism, alot of it.
Bombing the ball into the forward line, and bagging the crap out of Aker!

They were right to a point, Aker needed to handpass the ball and acknowledged as much straight after. But as Darce said, Aker's been excellent at setting others up this year - the vision they should've also shown was Aker setting up one of our last goals by kicking across the top of the 50 rather than goaling for goal. The game was over and he could've gone for glory, but he did the team thing.

They did show Aker's tacking which was excellent again.

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 09:50 PM
I love darce and how he is always the only one sticking up for the Dogs =D

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 09:59 PM
I love darce and how he is always the only one sticking up for the Dogs =D

Yep wouldn't get any airtime without him.

Topdog
14-09-2009, 10:34 PM
They were right to a point, Aker needed to handpass the ball and acknowledged as much straight after.

He was right to shoot IMO. We all said Gia was stupid for handballing over the top 20m from goal and Aker would nail that goal 98 out of 100 times.

aker39
15-09-2009, 09:28 AM
He was right to shoot IMO. We all said Gia was stupid for handballing over the top 20m from goal and Aker would nail that goal 98 out of 100 times.

But the 2 blokes in the square would have kicked it 100 out of 100 times.

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I guess the fact it was Aker or not isn't the real issue. The issue is if you have the option of handballing to two free team members running into the goal square you play the percentages and handball off to them, regardless of who you are.

azabob
15-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Yep wouldn't get any airtime without him.

That is so far from the truth it's not funny.

We get quite a lot of exposure IMO in all forms of media.

Topdog
15-09-2009, 08:46 PM
But the 2 blokes in the square would have kicked it 100 out of 100 times.

Would the handball have gotten to them 100 out of 100 times?

aker39
15-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Would the handball have gotten to them 100 out of 100 times?

Seriously though, the question that needs to be asked is, what had more risk for the team.

Aker having shot around the corner, or handballing to 2 team mates in the goal square who had no one near them.