PDA

View Full Version : Will Cordy be our Tippett.

chef
08-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Watching the replay of the Crows win on the weekend got me thinking. Has Cordy got the frame and talent to give us a Tippett style target at full forward?

Desipura
08-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Gee I hope so........has a basketball background like Tippett. Jesse White is another who comes to mind. Seems to be the rage at the moment, players with basketball backgrounds. Tippett and White certainly can clutch a ball.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 11:27 AM
my bad

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Whats annoying is we traded pick 29 in that years draft to get one Andrew McDougal when we could have used it to secure Mr Tippett, but thems the breaks....

Mantis
08-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Whats annoying is we traded pick 29 in that years draft to get one Andrew McDougal when we could have used it to secure Mr Tippett, but thems the breaks....

That isn't correct.

We had promised Bris a 2nd rd pick for Aker (we had pick 29). We traded pick 29 + 55 (or there abouts) to WC in return for picks 34 + 60 + Doogs.

We then traded pick 34 to Bris for Aker.

We had always committed a 2nd rd pick to Bris, but we did some clever trading to give them a worse pick.

The Doctor
08-09-2009, 11:45 AM
If I recall rightly had we kept our 2nd round pick (29) we would have used it on Nathan Krakour and not Tippett so it wouldn't have mattered. Such was Scott Clayton's want.

The Coon Dog
08-09-2009, 11:46 AM
If I recall rightly had we kept our 2nd round pick (29) we would have used it on Nathan Krakour and not Tippett so it wouldn't have mattered. Such was Scott Clayton's want.
Correct.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 11:53 AM
I stand corrected, just wishing we had him in the team now. But I'd take Aker again if we had the choice again.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't think Cordy will ever have a frame like Tippett. I just hope Cordy has some mongrel about him.

neodog
08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't think Cordy will ever have a frame like Tippett. I just hope Cordy has some mongrel about him.

Mongrel is just a nice attribute :D

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 05:49 PM
We already have a Bulldog Cross.......

AndrewP6
08-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Gee I hope so........has a basketball background like Tippett. Jesse White is another who comes to mind. Seems to be the rage at the moment, players with basketball backgrounds. Tippett and White certainly can clutch a ball.

It's such a great sport isn't it? :)

GVGjr
08-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Watching the replay of the Crows win on the weekend got me thinking. Has Cordy got the frame and talent to give us a Tippett style target at full forward?

I doubt he will be a real power player like Tippet but a versatile forward who does a bit of ruck work would be the mid term aim. Hard to label a current similar player I would have thought,

chef
08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I doubt he will be a real power player like Tippet but a versatile forward who does a bit of ruck work would be the mid term aim. Hard to label a current similar player I would have thought,

Hopefully he's not like Josh Fraser.

GVGjr
08-09-2009, 06:50 PM

If Fraser had have been managed better from the outset you might have seen a vastly improved footballer. I wouldn't be upset if Cordy ended up something like Fraser albeit far better value up forward.

LostDoggy
08-09-2009, 07:35 PM
If Fraser had have been managed better from the outset you might have seen a vastly improved footballer. I wouldn't be upset if Cordy ended up something like Fraser albeit far better value up forward.

Agreed, like what Carlton are doing with Kruzer

lemmon
08-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Cordy's a really hard one to judge and untill his frame starts to fill out a bit more and he develops into his body he will remain an enigma

westdog54
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM

I'm not sure Jordan Roughead will appreciate being left out of this conversation.

lemmon
08-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure Jordan Roughead will appreciate being left out of this conversation.

Im not sure how much time he will spend up forward. To me he looks like a top line, first string ruckmen. I doubt he would spend more then 5 minutes up forward a quarter.

Scorlibo
08-09-2009, 10:36 PM

He moves a lot more like Tippett than Cordy, although I think he is predominantly a ruckman moving forward whereas Tippett is the other way round.

Bulldog Revolution
08-09-2009, 11:26 PM

If Cordy turns out to be as good as Fraser then we'll be doing ok.

Most draft picks dont have as successful careers as Fraser.

Bulldog Joe
09-09-2009, 07:06 AM
I managed to see 2 Williamstown games and like what I saw in Cordy early in the year and Roughead late in the year.

Both see able to take a mark and I could see Roughead playing plenty of senior games in 2010. Cordy may come on with a full pre-season as well. Either one could be the tall marking forward option.

Cordy also looks to have good mobility and if he can retain that as his body fills out, he could become a very dangerous forward option.

Mofra
09-09-2009, 01:29 PM
If Cordy turns out to be as good as Fraser then we'll be doing ok.

Most draft picks dont have as successful careers as Fraser.
Fraser would have had a much more successful career if managed properly. He seems to have been put in to the seniors too early and is constantly managing injury. He'd be a star is he was ever uninjured.

Dancin' Douggy
09-09-2009, 02:25 PM
when did his heart get injured?

Sockeye Salmon
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
What did Collingwood do differently with Fraser that Carlton haven't done with Kruezer?

GVGjr
09-09-2009, 06:59 PM
What did Collingwood do differently with Fraser that Carlton haven't done with Kruezer?

Fraser was never a genuine ruckman but played there from day one with the Pies.

azabob
09-09-2009, 07:14 PM
when did his heart get injured?

Fraser doesn't lack heart.

ratsmac
09-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Cordy or Roughead, I don't care, but somebody tall please stand up and be counted.

BulldogBelle
10-09-2009, 10:43 PM
As long as Roughhead can adequately fill the void tha will be there when Hudson retires, then we'll have the chance to see Cordy up forward. I hope both can earn a chance in 2010.

Jasper
10-09-2009, 10:57 PM
As long as Roughhead can adequately fill the void tha will be there when Hudson retires, then we'll have the chance to see Cordy up forward. I hope both can earn a chance in 2010.
Based on the few times I have seen him Cordy has a long way to go before he is ready