PDA

View Full Version : PF2: Geelong v Collingwood

LostDoggy
13-09-2009, 12:46 AM
What are peoples thoughts on this game?

Geelong with the week off, trying to get there bodies right. Possibly bringing Steve Johnson back into the team, which i think is a risky move, because i don't think he would be anywhere near fit.

Collingwood hit with injuries tonight, yet were able to dig deep & come away with the win.

Will the pies get anyone back for this?

Should we expect a close game, or will Geelong smash them?

Going to be a big weekend of finals football.

jazzadogs
13-09-2009, 12:50 AM
They think Pendlebury is a chance to be back, in which case you would have to assume he doesn't really care if his fibula is actually healed.

I think the Cats should win, but Collingwood got close a few years ago and seem to play well against the Cats.

Will be a big game, but I don't really care. If we make the GF, we can beat either of those teams. And if we have put in the effort to make the GF, we SHOULD beat either of those teams.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2009, 12:58 AM
Fraser will play next week too.

Collingwood spent a fair bit of petrol getting the win tonight on the back of a 6 day break. They'd need a lot to go right for them to come away with a victory IMO. Anything is possible of course - but I think they'll go down by 3-5 goals.

AndrewP6
13-09-2009, 01:41 AM
I reckon the Pies played their GF tonight... can't see them getting over the Catters... Geelong by 5 goals...

lemmon
13-09-2009, 03:33 AM
I thought the cats were poor last week and the Pies looked ominous tonight. The big question will be how they pull up after tonight but if they recover well I could see them getting over the cats.

Remi Moses
13-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Collingwood won their GF tonight,if they bring that 1st half effort next week they'll be 10 goals down at half time. What about Craig's finals record? 3 from 9 and ahead in quite a few of those games

dog town
13-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I reckon Collingwood will win. Not sure what I am basing that on because Geelong is obviously one of the best teams in the history of the game. I just think they will be pretty confident against Geelong. They know what they need to do. I think Collingwood play better against sides who try and play against them. The cats will back themselves and attack, I think the pies like shutting these teams down and using that as a spring board for their own attack.

Mofra
13-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Geelong aren't travelling as well as many say - we played like utters hite and they still only beat us by 14 points. Having said that, I don't rate Collingwood given their shaky month & would be surprised if they beat Geelong.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm hoping for Geelong to get up. I think we have their measure, although I think we have Collingwood's too. But i would be happier to play Geelong if we make the big dance.

LostDoggy
19-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Live on Channel 10 people.

Pendlebury out, Beams in for Collingwood.

Hope Geelong get up, and i think they will.

LostDoggy
19-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I don't care who wins.

I hate Collingwood and their supporters, so we'd NEVER hear the end of it if they win.

I live in Geelong and hate the Cats and their supporters too, therefore I wouldn't mid a loss from them. We'll never hear the end of how fabulous Ablett and Selwood are in this town.

But I also reeeeeally want St Kilda to go die after last night, so I don't them to win the GF either.

It's a lose/ lose situation.

Meh, i'll just "hope" Geelong win then. Then they can do a Hawthorn and just be crap next season (In my hopeful dreams).

lemmon
19-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Barracking for the pies here, I'd rather they win the big dance rather than Geelong or Saints

AndrewP6
19-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Hope Geelong win this one... hate the Pies. I have a mate who is a diehard Cats fan, but he's the only one... and I can withstand his Facebook bragging. Two work colleagues are Saints fans, so I am hoping for Geelong to win the GF....in our absence :(

Happy Days
19-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Hopefully they both lose.

AndrewP6
19-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Ump pays a ridiculous free against Harry O'Brien, gifting Sir Ablett a goal... and upon Harry's remonstration, says "Harry, don't worry about it"

WTF??? A spot in the GF at stake, and he's supposed to not worry about a goal being gifted? Please..

The Bulldogs Bite
19-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Ump pays a ridiculous free against Harry O'Brien, gifting Sir Ablett a goal... and upon Harry's remonstration, says "Harry, don't worry about it"

WTF??? A spot in the GF at stake, and he's supposed to not worry about a goal being gifted? Please..

They are absolute morons.

What about the continual Selwood ducking frees? Makes me sick.

LostDoggy
19-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Go the Catters....

lemmon
19-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Geelong running into some form here

Topdog
19-09-2009, 10:19 PM

That was a ****ing awful decision followed up by the most ridiculous words to ever come out of an umpires mouth. "Don't worry about it" **** off you stupid yellow ****!

BTW watching Collingwood play has made me appreciate our midget forward line. Rather skillful midgets than players like Cloke, Anthony and Brown playing as "key" forwards. Brown is actually the best of that lot because he makes a contest of everything.

lemmon
19-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Collingwood are melting here, key players doing very little and too many kids.

Sedat
19-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks to the filth for putting a semblance of a smile back on my face. Especially their AA superstars, 'Captain Courageous' Nick Maxwell and Leon 'September' Davis.

AndrewP6
19-09-2009, 11:48 PM
That was a ****ing awful decision followed up by the most ridiculous words to ever come out of an umpires mouth. "Don't worry about it" **** off you stupid yellow ****!

Yeah, what he said...^^^^^^^^

Rocket Science
20-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Still trying to decide whether I'd have preferred getting thoroughly smacked in a prelim like Collingwood was tonight...or getting pipped at the post like last night.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Still trying to decide whether I'd have preferred getting thoroughly smacked in a prelim like Collingwood was tonight...or getting pipped at the post like last night.

At least the Pies can't complain, they simply weren't good enough.

Remi Moses
20-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Fortunately we don't have to hear from the Reservoir Spiro's all week. Just slightly more bearable with the Hillbillies

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 01:41 AM

I'd rather lose the way we did. At least we know we can match it with the best, weren't making up the numbers etc...
Collingwood were dead a long time before the final siren, all emotion was gone out of the game from the Collingwood perspective.