PDA

View Full Version : History's against us - Stuff History!

angelopetraglia
13-09-2009, 08:32 PM
We have lost our last 5 Prelim finals.

We have not played in a GF since 1961.

No side who has won 20 H & A games in a season has failed to go on and win the Flag.

History's against us - Stuff History!

Ja-iCrwpH0E

Born & Bred
13-09-2009, 08:40 PM
It's our time to shine and I'm a massive believer in the red, white and blue.

If Picken and Cross can play defensive midfield roles and we tag Goddard, they are not going to stop us.

Bring on Friday night!!!

westdog54
13-09-2009, 08:41 PM
I think what Angelo was trying was this...

Ja-iCrwpH0E

I remember watching the Australia Brazil game from Fed Square during the last World Cup.

That ad came on the big screen. When the ball hit 'history' a massive roar went up from the crowd. Matched only by the chorus of 'I still call Australia Home" when the Qantas ad played.

Ah, memories...

Rocco Jones
13-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I loved/love those ads.

We need a remake. Perhaps Ron Barassi can play the part of History (bitter about 1954, successful playing/coaching career, old etc).

angelopetraglia
13-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I think what Angelo was trying was this...

I remember watching the Australia Brazil game from Fed Square during the last World Cup.

That ad came on the big screen. When the ball hit 'history' a massive roar went up from the crowd. Matched only by the chorus of 'I still call Australia Home" when the Qantas ad played.

Ah, memories...

Thanks. Finally worked it out.

angelopetraglia
13-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Another;

d8sf6Ac982o

angelopetraglia
13-09-2009, 08:54 PM
And another (love these ads :D)

_oKE0MEjfjo&feature

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2009, 09:01 PM
At some point in time, this club has to defy expectation and history to make the Grand Final and win a flag.

It has to happen sooner or later.

Now would be a fine time for it to start.

comrade
13-09-2009, 09:02 PM
And another (love these ads :D)

_oKE0MEjfjo&feature

Stop defying me! :D

STUFF HISTORY!

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 10:38 AM
At some point in time, this club has to defy expectation and history to make the Grand Final and win a flag.

It has to happen sooner or later.

Now would be a fine time for it to start.

I reckon I'm up for it!!! ;)

strebla
14-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Great stuff I had forgotten those adds

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 11:43 AM
HISTORY IS COMING!

Last year I purchased one of the Adam Cooney banners that was up in the City which states "History is Coming". It's been up on my son's wall all year and every night he goes to bed looking at it, saying it, believing it. HISTORY IS COMING!

Jasper
14-09-2009, 12:21 PM
If Picken and Cross can play defensive midfield roles and we tag Goddard, they are not going to stop us.

I cannot emphasise this strongly enough.

After our first two losses to the Saints this year, if we don't lob a Tim Callan or Liam Picken on Goddard, Rocket has not learned a thing.

The Pie Man
16-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I thought of this thread in the car today

Libba was interviewed on SEN at lunch about his 'goal' etc etc in 97

I've even watched some of the debacle on youtube since and felt an obligatory shiver, but I was deadset close to tears today hearing Drew Morphett's commentary just before Lib kicks that point......

'it looks like the Dogs will hang on and meet St Kilda in the grand final, and what a grand final THAT will be'......

Stuff history

The Bulldogs Bite
16-09-2009, 10:02 PM
The third video is the best lol.

Marketing at its finest, this campaign.

angelopetraglia
16-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Another good one;

tCxUKNZ4Ne8

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Of course, the only problem with these ads is that the Socceroos actually ended up losing to Brazil.

Stuff the Socceroos, stuff the ads, stuff everything. The Dogs just have to smash every player in the Saints harder than they've ever smashed anything before. Then go out the next week and do it all again.