PDA

View Full Version : AFL Members

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Is it true that AFL members can get premium seats to the finals like our prelim this Friday night for $16.00?

And we have to pay over $100 for a ticket as a club member.

If that's true I'm getting an AFL membership for next season!!

Topdog
14-09-2009, 01:17 PM
For the first 2 weeks of the finals all AFL members can get seats on the wing for $13.50. Last week I was dead center row H.

In week 3 of the finals AFL Gold Members can get tickets for $16. Silver members need to pay the full guest price which is over $100.

No idea how long the wait is to get to Gold level.

Desipura
14-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Is it true that AFL members can get premium seats to the finals like our prelim this Friday night for $16.00?

And we have to pay over $100 for a ticket as a club member.

If that's true I'm getting an AFL membership for next season!!
Yes FULL AFL members pay $16.00 (+ admin fees) for this weeks game. It takes about 6 years before you become a full member.
Silver members (which you would initially become) have to pay $111.00 for this weeks game.
To initially become an AFL member you have to pay a joining fee of about $100.00 for the first year only plus $400.00 to become an AFL member.

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 01:25 PM
So If I bought AFL membership for next year I'd be paying like $400.00 and I'd be a Silver member. So just say we were in the prelim next year and I'm a silver member because with that membership I'm also a club member I can just buy club member seats. This is what it says on the AFL membership site below.

AFL Silver Members with a Club Support package for one of the competing teams have two options to access preliminary finals tickets:
1. They may access tickets through their club’s allocation in the public section of the ground, on sale from 9am EST on Monday, September 14.
2. If guest passes are made available in the AFL Reserve, they may choose to purchase a ticket for themselves at the guest pass price, from 9am EST on Tuesday, September 15 (subject to capacity).

So I'm assuming this is still a better deal than just having a club membership. And then once I become a full member I'm set!

bulldogtragic
14-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I have just researched AFL memberships for next year, so i can save you 30 minutes of research...

It's around $600 to be join as a silver level AFL member. That gets you 40 home and away games and the first two weeks of the finals. You can get reciprocal Ethihad rights, but there are only 1,000 seats so you aren't guaranteed a seat to WBFC games at Ethihad. So it's better if your team's home ground is at the 'g'.

The finals tickets are $13.50 for the first few weeks (With Medallion Club, I just paid $300 a seat for GF seats right up the top, so that's not saving any money, although it's a seat at the big dance). And you can nominate a club to get $130 of your membership (i.e. WBFC). However, until you become a full member you do not get pre-lim or grand final tickets unless there are free tickets, and then it's a ballot and no discounts on tickets.

It takes around 8 years at the moment to get full AFL membership, so it's a long and expensive committment to get the full benefits of AFL membership.

For a doggies person, i can't see that it does enough for me.

angelopetraglia
14-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Don't forget it costs $430 per annum to be an AFL member.

Prelim final & GF access is a feature of the AFL FULL membership. Up until recently it did not cost any extra for an AFL FULL member to attend either event. However, now to be 100% sure of having a seat you need to reserve a seat for basically all finals (you can risk walk up depending on availbilitiy) and have to pay $110 to reserve a seat to the GF.

The $16 is simply an admin fee to reserve a seat. No idea why the admin fee goes up from last week just because it is a prelim ($13.50 last week to reserve a seat).

Desipura
14-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I have just researched AFL memberships for next year, so i can save you 30 minutes of research...

It's around $600 to be join as a silver level AFL member. That gets you 40 home and away games and the first two weeks of the finals. You can get reciprocal Ethihad rights, but there are only 1,000 seats so you aren't guaranteed a seat to WBFC games at Ethihad. So it's better if your team's home ground is at the 'g'.
If we make the GF it will cost me $105.00 for a reseved seat as a full AFL member.
Other than the big drawing games where you have to pay $5.50 (plus admin fee) to reserve a seat at Etihad, I always get a seat on the wing at no charge.
Furthermore my cousin who is also a full AFL member, rocked up to the Dogs vs Cats game at no charge.

angelopetraglia
14-09-2009, 01:33 PM
For a doggies person, i can't see that it does enough for me.

Have been a long time AFL member.

In summary;

MCG = Sensational. Facilities a little dated now, but the $30 million upgrade to the Southern Stand will be sensational.

Dome = Very poor. You have to reserve a seat and be quick. If a poor drawing game, you can just scan in and sit anywhere on top deck. I also have reserved seats at the Dome for Dogs matches (i.e. getting expensive, AFL FULL membership + WB reserve seats).

Finals = Fantastic seats, good availability. Can go to all finals.

Grand Final = Again great access. Since they have brought in the extra payment ($110 this year), if you want a seat you can normally get one. As WB Club Support AFL FULL member, I'm garuanteed a GF ticket if we make it. Massive advantage.

bulldogtragic
14-09-2009, 01:34 PM
If we make the GF it will cost me $105.00 for a reseved seat as a full AFL member.
Other than the big drawing games where you have to pay $5.50 (plus admin fee) to reserve a seat at Etihad, I always get a seat on the wing at no charge.
That sounds good, so you can actually get seats at Ethihad on a regular basis?

The propaganda i got didn't really make me feel comfortable i would get a seat? What happens for the bigger games?

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 01:36 PM
$600 for my dad
$445 for myself

We paid like $375 and $315 for our WB memberships this year. So I'm starting to think that it's worth it when you add the cost of finals tickets into that equation. Wouldn't you agree?

Like bulldogtragic the only thing I'm worried about is getting a seat at Etihad since it's where nearly all our home games are. So I'm sure its easy when we play Freo. How about when we have home games at Etihad vs. big teams like Collingwood or Essendon? Do you still get a seat with your AFL membership? Where abouts do AFL members get to sit at Etihad. Is it Level 1 or Level 2 near the wing?

Buckets
14-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I am a full AFL member and I can highly recommend it. The last 2 years I have been to 6 finals and have paid only about $13 dollars for level 2 seats on the wing every time except once. It's not a bad deal at Etihad during the year, if you book your tickets in advance you pay $5.50 for a seat on Level 1 for both home and away games or you can sit on level three for free unless it's a against a high drawing club like Essendon or Collingwood. Once you get full membership you are pretty much guaranteed to go the Grand Final no matter who's playing and are a certainty if the Bulldogs are there. Silver members of the competing clubs get looked after as well.

Desipura
14-09-2009, 01:41 PM

The propaganda i got didn't really make me feel comfortable i would get a seat? What happens for the bigger games?
Not many people know this (and I hope not many find out shhh keep it quiet). When it is a low drawing game just rock up at one of the booths and ask for a seat on ground level.

For bigger games, check Ticketmaster as to when the tickets will be on sale (they are usually available 6 weeks prior to the game). If you get online and purchase them on the available day, you generally are able to get level 1 seats on the wing at the cost of $5.50.

angelopetraglia
14-09-2009, 01:52 PM

For bigger games you have to be really quick to reserve seats (as their are only 3,000 available for AFL members, except Bombers home games where their are none!).

Only have to use this facility for our away games (as we also have WB reserved seats). For the bigger drawing teams (e.g. Pies, Cats etc.), a week out we could not get reserved seats on the bottom deck. Had to reserve a seat on the top deck.

AFL membership for the MCG is infinitely better than for the Dome.

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 02:03 PM
So if you can go to 40 Home & Away games with an AFL Silver membership, how do they know how many you have been to?

So if I join up next year. It's going to be more expensive because of the joining fee. But from then on each year it would be $325 for an Adult and $170 for a concession membership?

AFL members on woof! So when the Doggies play like Freo, WC, Adelaide or any other interstate team at Etihad you never really need to reserve a seat and can just walk up on the day and grab a seat level 1 on the wing. But if you want to go to a high drawing game that involves or doesnt involve the Bulldogs if you reserve a seat well in advance you are more than likely to get a seat on level 1?

Another question I have is if you want to bring a few mates how much do they pay?

Sorry for the questions it's just that the AFL membership site doesn't have much information.

Topdog
14-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Arkie, they have a heap of info all on brochures which they can send out. If you ask them for it they should send it to your email address. Alternatively I can check if I still have it at work and send it to you.

If your friends are not AFL members and want to sit in the AFL members section they need to pay a "premium" seat price. I think it is $30 during the year. Last week I got my mates seats for $55 I believe.

However you are more than ok to go and sit with them in the general admin area. I for one have not sat in the AFL members area at the dome as only 1 other mate has it and the other 5 don't. We just go up to level 3 all the time at the dome.

Your barcode has a record of how many games you have been to (The bulldogs membership has the same feature on it's member login page). 40 games is a heck of a lot. It's basically 2 games a week and with the Dogs playing 5 interstate games a year you will find it hard to go to that many.

Also whilst on a Silver membership you can upgrade to social club membership with the Dogs to ensure you get a GF ticket.

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 11:03 PM
With an AFL Silver membership do you still get things like The Bulldog magazine and that kind of stuff. If I sign up for AFL Silver membership and drop my WB membership and we make the GF next year, since AFL full members are first in line for tickets, would I still be eligible to register as a priority 2 member?

angelopetraglia
15-09-2009, 11:55 PM
AFL Silver Membership - Western Bulldogs Support = Full entilement as a Western Bulldogs member (voting, counted as a member, finals tickets etc.)

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Through my work we can join AFL silver membership without the "joining fee" this saves about 250-300 bucks i think, my brother joined a couple of years ago, he loves it. When the new form comes out i can probally forward a form on to those that are interested, might save ya some $$.

Me me me me me me me!!!!!

I'm joining up next year and it would be awesome to not have to pay that damn joining fee! :D

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info – I am also trying to decide whether to go with AFL Membership for 2010, or stay with the WB membership (reserved seats), as my fiancée will be joining up as a member.

Woofgirl I also would love to get one of those joining forms, if you’re able. Or just some more info, as the AFL website is very difficult to navigate or make sense of!!

Topdog
16-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Ahh I found the link to the brochure they sent me.

http://www.afl.com.au/portals/0/afl_docs/Membership/2009%20AFL%20Membership%20Information%20Brochure.pdf

Also woofgirl I would love 3 of those forms if possible. If you can't get any that is fine but anything at all would be greatly appreciated.

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I originally joined up when we were at Optus Oval.

I was a social club member but could never get a seat!!

AFL membership turned out to be slightly cheaper and gave us Grade A position on the wing.

Still rate it highly - I think it works out to about the same as a Social Club membership but has slightly more benefits (make sure you get a Bulldogs club support package too to ensure money goes back to the club).

If your team makes the finals it becomes even more attractive as you save on finals tix.

Only issue I've had is that some mates are only silver members and they miss out on some things.
Eg. I get a guaranteed GF ticket but they have to wait till last to see what remains available in the AFL members Reserve.
If I want to sit with them on GF day (hypothetically speaking) I'll have to wait till later in the week when 'Silver' tickets go on sale and hope some are left!
Effectively, I'll forfeit my guaranteed seat.

Topdog
16-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Your barcode has a record of how many games you have been to (The bulldogs membership has the same feature on it's member login page). 40 games is a heck of a lot. It's basically 2 games a week and with the Dogs playing 5 interstate games a year you will find it hard to go to that many.

I just logged on to mine now and it shows as

Total Entitlements Total Events Attended Total Remaining Balance

40 18 22

Name Membership ID Membership Type Remaining Balance

xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx 09WDOG40 22 details

=====================

The details is a link which shows you which games you went to.

BC013 how long did it take you to become a gold member?

aker39
17-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Only issue I've had is that some mates are only silver members and they miss out on some things.
Eg. I get a guaranteed GF ticket but they have to wait till last to see what remains available in the AFL members Reserve.
If I want to sit with them on GF day (hypothetically speaking) I'll have to wait till later in the week when 'Silver' tickets go on sale and hope some are left!
Effectively, I'll forfeit my guaranteed seat.

BC, if you want a ticket, don't wait for silver members to go on sale.

When 2 Melbourne teams have been playing in the GF, there have been no tickets left for silver members.

LostDoggy
06-11-2009, 04:34 PM
So I'm still pondering whether to sign up for AFL membership next year with Western Bulldog club support and then just drop my reserved seat membership with the doggies.

With an AFL membership, when we play at the Docklands and if I reserve my seat well in adavance (few weeks before the game) will I be able to get Level 1 on the wing or even Level 2? I hate sitting Level 3...

Topdog
06-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Dogs don't get high attendance. If you rock up on the day and ask for Level 1 from the ticket booths they will give you an upgrade ticket.

Otherwise yes booking in advance will get you it easily.

Flamethrower
07-11-2009, 02:13 AM
I have been an AFL Member for 15 years now. I have never had a problem getting a seat on level 1 at Etihad (there are 3000 seats on the Western wing for AFL Members). You just have to make sure that you book your seats as soon as they go on sale for games against Collingwood and Essendon.

At the moment there is no AFL Members area on level 2 at Etihad. If you want to sit on level 2 you have to buy a reserved seat upgrade for about $35.

Anyone who is seriously interested in joining should phone or email the AFL Members Service Centre so that they can supply you with all the relevant information.

bornadog
07-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Dogs don't get high attendance. If you rock up on the day and ask for Level 1 from the ticket booths they will give you an upgrade ticket.

Otherwise yes booking in advance will get you it easily.

Other than the West Coast and Freo games, we averaged 44,000 at the Dome this season, one of the highest of all clubs playing there, yes even higher than the Saints and on par with Essendon.

Topdog
08-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Didn't seem that way at most games :) Anyway I think we have less than 1,000 AFL Members so him getting into Level 1 should be no big deal for AFL members.

LostDoggy
20-11-2009, 04:52 PM
I received an AFL Membership pack today to join up. One of the FAQ's is 'Can I give my AFL Membership card to family and friends to use?' It says that it's non transferable and they do signature checks. If goes on to say that basically if you get caught you lose your membership and all monies paid will be forfeited. I was hoping that because it's 40 games I'm entitled entry to that many where my dad isn't going to come along I could bring a mate and he uses my membership. Now I'm thinking this is a bad idea. I didn't realise they would be so strict and actually to signature checks.

Cany any AFL members shed any light on this? Have you ever been asked for a signature check?

Topdog
21-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Only had it a year but never got checked. In the finals they start to do checks but really they just have 2 people checking and 10-12 gates so it isn't hard to avoid them if necessary.

My AFL card shows that I went to 6 Collingwood games this year. I actually went to 1. (My Dad is a supporter of filth)

LongWait
21-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I received an AFL Membership pack today to join up. One of the FAQ's is 'Can I give my AFL Membership card to family and friends to use?' It says that it's non transferable and they do signature checks. If goes on to say that basically if you get caught you lose your membership and all monies paid will be forfeited. I was hoping that because it's 40 games I'm entitled entry to that many where my dad isn't going to come along I could bring a mate and he uses my membership. Now I'm thinking this is a bad idea. I didn't realise they would be so strict and actually to signature checks.

Cany any AFL members shed any light on this? Have you ever been asked for a signature check?

Arkie; I'm a Silver bullies AFL member and I go to about 6 or 8 home and away games each year and I've been signature-checked twice in 5 years (no checks in 7 games this year.)

My son is a Silver bullies club support member who goes to nearly all home games and he was checked once at the G in the H&A and once during the finals (he must look shifty!)

I wouldn't take the risk - it is a lot of money to throw away just to save a few bucks - buy your family or friends a guest pass instead and have no worries.

LostDoggy
22-11-2009, 02:47 PM

Been member for 10+ years and never checked.

Just to be sure, I always sign the back of my card with illegible scribble that anyone could copy if they had to;)

LostDoggy
22-11-2009, 11:51 PM
If the club gets $130 from AFL members, how much profit do they normally make from Club members?

LostDoggy
27-11-2009, 06:01 PM
For the AFL members with doggies club support, do you still receive things like the Bulldog Magazine? Can I still get the members only scarf for next year?

LostDoggy
01-12-2009, 03:47 AM
For the AFL members with doggies club support, do you still receive things like the Bulldog Magazine? Can I still get the members only scarf for next year?

Can anyone help me out who is an AFL member? I don't want to miss out on these things? If so, how do I order a members scarf if I'm not renewing my WB membership?

azabob
01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Can anyone help me out who is an AFL member? I don't want to miss out on these things? If so, how do I order a members scarf if I'm not renewing my WB membership?

Suggest you ring the club if you need to know an answer.

Topdog
02-12-2009, 07:41 AM

You still get the club pack with the members scarf (well the voucher to get the scarf anyway). The magazine I'm not sure of. I was getting them this year but I was also a social club member as I had a rolling membership that I gave to my friend.

LostDoggy
02-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I understand that you are treated and listed as a basic member.

So yes, you get all the trimmings, including the magazine etc and are counted as a member for total membership figures.

LostDoggy
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
You still get the club pack with the members scarf (well the voucher to get the scarf anyway). The magazine I'm not sure of. I was getting them this year but I was also a social club member as I had a rolling membership that I gave to my friend.

I just called the club and the woman said you get everything as normal. So I still haven't decided. I feel like I'm letting the club down doing this. I mean my dad and I gave the club just over $700 for our membership for 2009. If we join as AFL members its only $132 each. I guess I'll join the social club as well.

With the members scarf the woman said I can still get it. So on the WB membership renewal form that was sent out do I just order just the scarf with no renewal of my membership? Or do I just leave those forms, sign as an AFL member and then they send me the pack and an order form to buy the $10 members only scarf.

Also with AFL membership. When you sit on level one on the wing at Etihad do you know what aisles are allocated for the AFL members? I've never sat on the wing on level one at Etihad, what's the viewing like? I'm usually always level two.

Topdog
03-12-2009, 07:25 PM
With the members scarf the woman said I can still get it. So on the WB membership renewal form that was sent out do I just order just the scarf with no renewal of my membership? Or do I just leave those forms, sign as an AFL member and then they send me the pack and an order form to buy the $10 members only scarf.

Also with AFL membership. When you sit on level one on the wing at Etihad do you know what aisles are allocated for the AFL members? I've never sat on the wing on level one at Etihad, what's the viewing like? I'm usually always level two.

bolded option is what happens. Believe you get a voucher for a free scarf.

no idea. My mates don't have AFL membership so we sit in Level 4.

aker39
04-12-2009, 10:35 AM

Between Aisles 8 to 13.

I like sitting towards the back of the aisles.

Greystache
10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Between Aisles 8 to 13.

I like sitting towards the back of the aisles.

I've joined up as an AFL member for the first time in 2010, do you know roughly when they send out the membership cards?

angelopetraglia
10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Normally just in time for the pre season comp.

LostDoggy
11-12-2009, 01:21 AM
When I try to find seats using my AFL membership it just gives me GA. Am I correct in saying this is because you sit in a different seat at every game by either pre booking or walking up on the day?

Topdog
12-12-2009, 01:10 PM
correct.

LostDoggy
12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Just purchased 2 AFL Memberships with WB Club Support. Apparently they will send my membership card late January next year. Does this mean I wont receive any WB membership stuff until next year either? I was hoping I could receive that stuff soon so I can order a members only 2010 scarf and make sure I get the Q1 magazine of The Bulldog.

As I get access to Week 1 and 2 of AFL Finals with the membership. Does this mean I sit in the AFL members area for these matches? So as a Silver member in the Prelim final I'd have to buy tickets and then I'd be with all the Doggies members?

Topdog
12-12-2009, 07:57 PM
You will get the Bulldogs stuff earlier.

yes
yes

aker39
23-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Here is the latest breakdown of AFL members and who they have nominated as their Club Support.

http://www.aflmembership.com.au/homepage/newsarticle/tabid/13892/newsid/89412/default.aspx

LostDoggy
26-02-2010, 11:52 AM
So I've reserved seats for quite a few games today. I couldn't reserve seats for Doggies vs Essedon. Is this because only 300 seats on level one were made available?

I'm trying to book the round 3 game, WB vs. Hawks. I get Aisle 11 which I want but I keep getting the front aisles!!! :mad:

aker39
26-02-2010, 12:06 PM
So I've reserved seats for quite a few games today. I couldn't reserve seats for Doggies vs Essedon. Is this because only 300 seats on level one were made available?

Yes, the 300 for that game would have sold out very quickly.

I'm trying to book the round 3 game, WB vs. Hawks. I get Aisle 11 which I want but I keep getting the front aisles!!! :mad:

Keep trying or what for the day the remaining tickets go on sale

LostDoggy
26-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I couldn't get tickets for the WB vs. Essendon game in Round 10 or the WB vs. Collingwood game in Round 11. I guess I'll have to try my luck later on when they release more tickets. Does anyone think I should reserve Level 1 seats for WB vs. Adelaide in Round 5, or do you think I would be able to get reserved seats on walk up that night?

MCG - ON SALE DATES
» 9am, Friday, March 5 for matches scheduled in March/April
» 9am, Friday, April 9 for matches scheduled in May*
» 9am, Friday, May 7 for matches scheduled in June
» 9am, Friday, June 4 for matches scheduled in July
» 9am, Friday, July 2 for matches scheduled in August

DOCKLANDS STADIUM - ON SALE DATES
» 9am, Saturday, March 6 for matches scheduled in March/April
» 9am, Saturday, April 3 for matches scheduled in May
» 9am, Saturday, May 8 for matches scheduled in June
» 9am, Saturday, June 5 for matches scheduled in July
» 9am, Saturday, July 3 for matches scheduled in August

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Did everyone get their upgrades for the June matches today? I reserved seats for Aisle 12 for the Brisbane game but missed out on the Collingwood game. It says the allocation for Level 1 for this game is exhausted! This sucks. Do they usually release more tickets later on?

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Did everyone get their upgrades for the June matches today? I reserved seats for Aisle 12 for the Brisbane game but missed out on the Collingwood game. It says the allocation for Level 1 for this game is exhausted! This sucks. Do they usually release more tickets later on?

thanks for the reminder - I can't believe the Level 1 section for the Collingwood game is already exhausted! Didn't it go on sale only this morning?

LostDoggy
08-05-2010, 02:01 PM
thanks for the reminder - I can't believe the Level 1 section for the Collingwood game is already exhausted! Didn't it go on sale only this morning?

Yep. 9 A.M. It's all gone. I even called Ticketmaster. I'm just going to try and get some Axcess One tickets for this and the Essendon game. I can't stand Level 3.

LostDoggy
27-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know when we can upgrade to level one seats for the Essendon game in Round 22?

Desipura
27-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know when we can upgrade to level one seats for the Essendon game in Round 22?
Can I have a dollar for everytime you ask a question about the AFL members?
You should have received am enail notifying you that the upgrade option was available.

bornadog
27-07-2010, 05:27 PM
You should have received am enail notifying you that the upgrade option was available.

Yeah got him:D

LostDoggy
27-07-2010, 05:42 PM

Well I think it should've been 9am, Saturday, July 3 for matches scheduled in August but Round 22 was the floating fixture.

aker39
27-07-2010, 10:53 PM
They go on sale on Saturday 7th August.

LostDoggy
28-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Do we have to upgrade our reserved seats as its an Essendon game? :P

aker39
28-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Do we have to upgrade our reserved seats as its an Essendon game? :P

No, it is not a fully ticketed game, just a Level 3 Premium Seating Match.

So bulldog members (I'm assuming you are talking about them and not AFL members) can just scan their membership ticket and sit anywhere on level 3 except the first 6 rows.

LostDoggy
28-07-2010, 01:32 PM
I was joking, saying that do people with a reserved seat Bulldog membership still have to upgrade as its an Essendon game...

LostDoggy
28-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I was joking, saying that do people with a reserved seat Bulldog membership still have to upgrade as its an Essendon game...

It wouldn't suprise me!! ;)