PDA

View Full Version : Interstate WOOFers - Are you coming to Melbourne this week

bornadog
14-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Just wondering if some of our interstate friends are making the trip?

It will be a great feeling, when the siren sounds and are we are in front.

Templeton31
14-09-2009, 05:01 PM
yeh decided to make the trip down. although for the opposite reason to what you suggest bornadog! i.e. it is way less frustrating to see a loss at the ground compared with on tv. at ground get to yell and abuse with everyone else - at home in front of the tv if I do that I just scare the mrs.!!!!!

bornadog
14-09-2009, 05:09 PM
yeh decided to make the trip down. although for the opposite reason to what you suggest bornadog! i.e. it is way less frustrating to see a loss at the ground compared with on tv. at ground get to yell and abuse with everyone else - at home in front of the tv if I do that I just scare the mrs.!!!!!

Hahaha, me too. I hate watching games on TV when we play interstate. Usually my wife and daughter go off somewhere and leave me alone as I get nervous and fidget too much, especially if its a close game.

Go_Dogs
14-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm holding off this week. Been over for a few games in the last 6 or so weeks, so going to hold out this week on the assumption we make it through to the big one, and can then fly over for that.

If my car wasn't in dire need of a service, I would probably have driven over for this week too, but oh well.

I just hope SS is still overseas, otherwise there go our chances. ;)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down, but I really don't care where I am watching from, as long as we win!

bulldogsman
14-09-2009, 06:55 PM
I've got my footy Grand Final this week, would've come down for it though.

mjp
14-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Came to last years prelim, but this year conflicts with my GF.

Next week.

1eyedog
14-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah likewise. I came down for the Brisbane game so will probably watch the Prelim on tv Friday night. It's delayed in Newcastle until 8.30 but that's fine. Hopefully I will be back in Melbourne the following week.

Throughandthrough
14-09-2009, 09:17 PM
My Friday is planned...

Wear my Doggies stuff to work (casual day, hooray)

Tell strangers "i don't know, i hope so" when they ask me whether we will win. Feel relief when some of them say "i think you are a good chance"

Leave early in case the train breaks down

Yell @ Mrs for no reason apart from being stressed to the eye balls.

Warm the set and cool the tinnies

@ 7pm yell at 11 yo son to get off the computer and come and watch the most important dogs game while we have both been alive

Spend 2 and a half hours yelling at the tv, and HOPEFULLY just like last week everytime we look like kicking a goal, he will run from the room as i attempt to hug the life out of him

As soon as the bloody siren blows run in here and book one return flight to Melbourne (thank heck the Crows lost)

Then spend an hour waiting for the WOOFERS to get home so they can log onto here and tell me what i allready know!

Not sleep a wink.

Oh, i missed the crying like a baby bit as well.

cambo
14-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I wont be there this week but coming over from WA for the grand final arrive Thursday 24th 7am hopefully be able to wear all my Bulldogs gear as I will be watching our beloved Doggies in the Grand Final!!!
I am that confident i forked out $1400 for a ticket already, no way am I missing out
Cheers Ian

LostDoggy
14-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Everyone is so confident in a dogs win.
Why so? Is it just hope?

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Will miss this week but a certain starter for the big one

Throughandthrough
18-09-2009, 10:19 AM
My Friday is planned...

Wear my Doggies stuff to work (casual day, hooray) CHECK

Tell strangers "i don't know, i hope so" when they ask me whether we will win. Feel relief when some of them say "i think you are a good chance" CHECK (only twice tho)

Leave early in case the train breaks down FFS. Train brooke down on WAY to work!

Yell @ Mrs for no reason apart from being stressed to the eye balls. TBA

Warm the set and cool the tinnies

@ 7pm yell at 11 yo son to get off the computer and come and watch the most important dogs game while we have both been alive

Spend 2 and a half hours yelling at the tv, and HOPEFULLY just like last week everytime we look like kicking a goal, he will run from the room as i attempt to hug the life out of him

As soon as the bloody siren blows run in here and book one return flight to Melbourne (thank heck the Crows lost)

Then spend an hour waiting for the WOOFERS to get home so they can log onto here and tell me what i allready know!

Not sleep a wink.

Oh, i missed the crying like a baby bit as well.

update