PDA

View Full Version : This week is dragging!

The Coon Dog
15-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Gee it's gone slow!

Can't believe it's only Tuesday.

I reckon I have played the game out in my head about 200 times already (I liked the scenario where were level at 3/4 time & then kick 7 unanswered goals in the last quarter to run away with it) & it's driving me crazy.

Hurry up Friday!

aker39
15-09-2009, 05:24 PM
It's not going to be a very productive week at work.

The Pie Man
15-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Gee it's gone slow!

I reckon I have played the game out in my head about 200 times already (I liked the scenario where were level at 3/4 time & then kick 7 unanswered goals in the last quarter to run away with it) & it's driving me crazy.

Hurry up Friday!

Agreed - and a repeat of the 05 prelim result for St Kilda, I like

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Don't worry TCD tomorrow there will be some news cause of training today. Thursday mouring you will have to register for your intention to purchase GF tickets (aka Ticketek annual bonus revenue raiser) Then Thursday night the team is announce and then presto it is Friday.

geez the way I am going the last couple of weeks I'll be hitting 300 post soon.

boydogs
15-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Gee it's gone slow!

I know! I am off work this week which is making it worse. Worse still for Saints fans having last week off. Hopefully the Saints players have already played the game in their heads 400 times and come in premeditating rather than being in the moment

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Thankfully my line of work requires me to be outdoors for most of the time, so days go pretty quick for me. But any down time has me thinking about the game, and the butterflies come think and fast!

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I just find myself logging on to WOOF to check for any tidbit of information and to see if Barry Hall has signed with the dogs yet.

Cyberdoggie
15-09-2009, 05:33 PM
WORK!!!

Gee i knew i forgot to do something this week. ;)

bornadog
15-09-2009, 05:34 PM
WORK!!!

Gee i knew i forgot to do something this week. ;)

me too:D

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 05:36 PM
I just find myself logging on to WOOF to check for any tidbit of information and to see if Barry Hall has signed with the dogs yet.

He's already signed apparently. Despite the fact a) hasn't spoken to the playing group or coaching staff, b) Is still legally contracted to the Sydney Swans and c) the dogs and swans can't do anything until trade week. But he has signed apparently.

Go_Dogs
15-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Tell me about it. I'm house-sitting at the moment too, so I don't have any internet access.

Slow week and very little woof = not good

strebla
15-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I must log on at least ten times a day but back to work tommorow so hopefully it picks up the pace a little

AndrewP6
15-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Not a heap of down time during the day (working with kids ensures that!)... but check in when I get home each night to see what's going on in the world of FINALS FOOTY!

jazzadogs
15-09-2009, 07:05 PM
The beauty of being at uni is that during lectures, daydreaming and using your laptop is pretty much expected. I wouldnt want to let anyone down.

BulldogBelle
15-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Been doing nothing but daydreaming of us beating St Kilda this week. I find we always win whenever I think of the game non-stop throughout the week, but we lose when I don't put too much thought into it.

Ive honestly been throwing up the idea of telling the boss I wont be coming in on thursday and friday, just in case I get hit by a bus, or a meteor lands on me etc. I've seen crazier things happen

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Been doing nothing but daydreaming of us beating St Kilda this week. I find we always win whenever I think of the game non-stop throughout the week, but we lose when I don't put too much thought into it.

Ive honestly been throwing up the idea of telling the boss I wont be coming in on thursday and friday, just in case I get hit by a bus, or a meteor lands on me etc. I've seen crazier things happen

St 07 - please keep thinking about the game non-stop, 24-7 until Friday night! Do not let us down....

BulldogBelle
15-09-2009, 07:39 PM
St 07 - please keep thinking about the game non-stop, 24-7 until Friday night! Do not let us down....

I shall carry this burden. :D

My "we only win if" is a bit of a lightweight though. There are plenty more brilliant/insane ones out there

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Agreed.

Especially with no footy shows on Tuesdays & Wednesdays it kills me.

I watch 3 on Monday and then left high and dry till Thursdays.

Ah well, lets hope its worth it!

cinder
15-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I have butterflies already thinking about Friday ... !

SPower
15-09-2009, 10:24 PM
One more sleep and I'm on my way home for approx 10 days.
Let's hope we have 2 games of footy.!!

LostDoggy
15-09-2009, 11:02 PM
I am hoping that because I keep dreaming of all the things I am going to be doing next week ie decorating the house, office and car - attend training, grand final parade etc - Then it must be a good omen and we are going to win on Friday night!!!!! Plus the butterflys in the stomach and the lack of motivation to do anything else that is not related to finals footy......

Scorlibo
15-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I've been having dreams about the preliminary final, most of them involve Cooney kicking a bag... hopefully he can prove me some kind of psychic on Friday :)

The Boy From Brasil
16-09-2009, 09:26 AM
I have the same feelings as you guys.

It really is a stomach turning week. A bit like the Qualifying final week but more at stake. If we win, we are into a Grand Final(Most of us have never seen us play in one) and if we lose, it is the end of our season and we have to wait another 6 or so months to see our guys play again.

I am extremely nervous but at the same time enjoying the fact that I have something to be nervous about, unlike 12 other sides who don't. It's an anxious wait though.

The Coon Dog
16-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Nerves kicking in big time now!

Max469
16-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Nerves kicking in big time now!

Mine too.

I am off work today - Doctor said that my blood pressure has gone too high.

I have to go back next week for another reading - he said when I feel better.

God, if we win, it will go through the roof.

Desipura
16-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Thankfully my line of work requires me to be outdoors for most of the time, so days go pretty quick for me. But any down time has me thinking about the game, and the butterflies come think and fast!
Ziggy, off topic, do you operate a bobcat by any chnace?

neodog
16-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Very exciting time indeed. I am wearing my bulldogs jacket to work everyday now, i am try to expose our club/brand/recognition as much as i can. Think about the only useful thing that i can contribute.

Would love to attend the match this Friday to support the boys but ticket prices are beyond my budget at this stage. I have set time aside this friday to watch the game on TV with all phones and internet will be off so i or someone else cannot tell me the score.

Ozza
16-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I have the same feelings as you guys.

It really is a stomach turning week. A bit like the Qualifying final week but more at stake. If we win, we are into a Grand Final(Most of us have never seen us play in one) and if we lose, it is the end of our season and we have to wait another 6 or so months to see our guys play again.
I am extremely nervous but at the same time enjoying the fact that I have something to be nervous about, unlike 12 other sides who don't. It's an anxious wait though.

Thats a very good point. I hate when it all ends for another year - Its terrible. If we lose then its another summer of waiting and wondering if we'll be good enough next year!

chef
16-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I stuffed up a couple of orders today daydreaming about the game:o.

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Argh! This is how good my week of waiting is going.

Been sitting here (after waking up 20mins ago)

Refreshing woof & afl site to see what the teams are..

Im like WTF! Maybe their delayed until the footy show is on?

Apparently its Wednesday today :|

SPower
16-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Alex,
I'm like you pal the wait is killing Me!!!

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Ahhh. I'm home for the rest of the week! I Just have to finish writing up a presentation tonight and finish off another project that is due Friday! We're in the home stretch now! God I love university life.

Go_Dogs
16-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Haha, fantastic!

The Pie Man
16-09-2009, 08:09 PM

Was just emailing someone how good my seats were tomorrow night :o

Mannnnnn this is the slowest.... week....everrrr

Julie C
16-09-2009, 08:56 PM
All I can say is thank god we are playing friday night. One less day to wait. It's even harder when I have to explain to my 2 kids ( 3.5 & 2.5 years) that if we lose they don't get to see Aker for another 6 months, when that is the last thing I want to think about.

The kids think Aker & Cooney are both going to kick 5. I hope they are right!!!

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 08:59 PM
If you add on that it's the last week of term, I feel like I could walk around Australia and still be back in time for tea.

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Ziggy, off topic, do you operate a bobcat by any chnace?

Hehe, no, I am a Surveyor. Need a bobcat?:)

Topdog
17-09-2009, 09:18 AM
bloody hell it has dragged badly. Ticketmaster's website aint helping, apparently registration isn't open yet....

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I must agree, it is going so slow.

I bet tomorrow is going to be the longest and hardest Friday I have ever had!

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 12:56 PM
This week has gone really slow for me too. I've found it hard to occupy my mind on other things this week which doesn't help. I've had visions of being at the Grand Final, of walking out of the MCG happy, of celebrating ... come on Friday night let's get it over and done with.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Draggin big time and the nervs are growing intensly!! It's insane. Add to that my nervs for Seb adventure next week. Auskicker of the year awards dinner on Thursday night ($5,000 & Selwood as footy mentor up for grabs!) GF Parade on Friday then the big day sat....It's gonna be huge for regardless if the Dogs make it. Bloddy hoping the do to make all the more sweet :)

aker39
17-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Draggin big time and the nervs are growing intensly!! It's insane. Add to that my nervs for Seb adventure next week. Auskicker of the year awards dinner on Thursday night ($5,000 & Selwood as footy mentor up for grabs!) GF Parade on Friday then the big day sat....It's gonna be huge for regardless if the Dogs make it. Bloddy hoping the do to make all the more sweet :)

If you win the $5000 you'll be able to buy yourself a ticket to the game off one of the scalpers, sorry, I mean offical club functions.

The Boy From Brasil
18-09-2009, 08:41 AM
How are you feeling this morning TCD?

The nerves are starting to kick in for me as soon as I woke up. What a huge day/night!

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I was ok until I saw the faithfull boarding the Flinders Street Train showing the colours with pride. I had my pump up mix on my ipod and just as well too. I had a Stkilda fan in a rush to get out of the station and trying to jostle for position and trying to cut me off. The competive nature came out in me. I thought to my self hell no not today am I going to allow a "Saint" beat me. I saw an opening an bolted for it I managed to beat the opposition out of the station with ease. Go dogs.

The Coon Dog
18-09-2009, 10:01 AM
How are you feeling this morning TCD?

The nerves are starting to kick in for me as soon as I woke up. What a huge day/night!

You'll probably notice that in the 'Dogs Day Forum' I posted some new articles about 3.30am this morning, just couldn't sleep.

Ozza
18-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I was watching Year of The Dogs until 2am this morning. And when it finished - I went back to the scene where Wallace sprays the boys after the Collingwood loss. Can't get enough Bulldogs!

Was even around at a mates place (who works match days for the saints!) - watching the round 17 clash at his place earlier last night.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Today is now dragging!

Keepa Movin' Griff
18-09-2009, 10:49 AM
The day has finally arrived, It's our time, i don't think i have ever wanted anything more than this! Don't leave anything out there tonight lads, if at the end of the game you're too tired to walk off the ground we'll bloody carry you! CAR'N DOGS!!

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Today IS seriously dragging.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 12:57 PM
September has hit Melbourne pouring rain one day sunshine the next common 7:45

NoName
18-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Today IS seriously dragging.

Agree.

Mantis
18-09-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm over waiting.

7.45 can't come soon enough.

Ozza
18-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Positive stat for the hour:

St.Kilda have NEVER beaten us in a final.
(2 finals played).

The Pie Man
18-09-2009, 02:03 PM
You'll probably notice that in the 'Dogs Day Forum' I posted some new articles about 3.30am this morning, just couldn't sleep.

I was reading those at 5 this morning and saw when they were posted (I normally wake up between 6-7)

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 02:13 PM
If you win the $5000 you'll be able to buy yourself a ticket to the game off one of the scalpers, sorry, I mean offical club functions.

LOL Aker39.....Won't be much change!! In any case if he wins it'll be Seb's money not mine ;)

Topdog
18-09-2009, 02:35 PM
LOL Aker39.....Won't be much change!! In any case if he wins it'll be Seb's money not mine ;)

I'm sure Seb would be more than happy for mum and dad to use the money to watch him. If you do win you can pick up tickets from real scalpers for $5-600

The Bulldogs Bite
18-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Yep, nerves are tingling.

What's worse is I am unable to exercise myself at the moment. It seems to make the nerves a whole lot worse when I can't actually push myself at all.

First quarter's going to be a real test.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Dear Seb,

IOU the price of the GF ticket.

Love mum.

Does he accept IOUs?

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Hurry uppppp day!

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 03:13 PM
This afternoon is really dragging.

The players must be jumping out of there skin... except, I can picture Lake, on a banana lounge, drinking an ice cream smoothy.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Imagine how next week will drag on if we make it to the GF?! :D

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 03:14 PM
The win out at VFL park in 1992 was fantastic with Chris Grant kicking 5 goals.

Footscray: 19 .5 .119

Saints: 14. 6. 90

I remember that game. It was the first finals game I ever went to!

aker39
18-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Imagine how next week will drag on if we make it to the GF?! :D

Next week wont drag

Monday - Pick up GF tickets / Brownlow
Tuesday - Watch training
Wednesday - Rest Day
Thursday - Watching training
Friday - Grand Final Parade

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Next week wont drag

Monday - Pick up GF tickets / Brownlow
Tuesday - Watch training
Wednesday - Rest Day
Thursday - Watching training
Friday - Grand Final Parade

Monday - run around the house like a lunatic until I collapse and fall asleep on the couch
Tuesday - stay home and watch every game from this year
Wednesday - Take the wife out for a nice dinner
Thursday - get fired for not showing up to work all week
Friday - go to centrelink in the morning, before going to GF parade

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Monday - run around the house like a lunatic until I collapse and fall asleep on the couch
Tuesday - stay home and watch every game from this year
Wednesday - Take the wife out for a nice dinner
Thursday - get fired for not showing up to work all week
Friday - go to centrelink in the morning, before going to GF parade

At least you didn't forget the wife that equates to surviving long enough to get to the GF.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Dear Seb,

IOU the price of the GF ticket.

Love mum.

Does he accept IOUs?

YEP, I'm sur eI could pull that off :)
But pray the Pies lose, cause if so I'll be getting a ticket from a friend!

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I feel like Blackboard on Mr Squiggle "Hurry Up"

Ozza
18-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Today has dragged on long enough!! I'm off to the G now to get a prime posi' in the Members - and then to settle the nerves with a couple of Carlton Draughts!

barrack hard guys.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 05:35 PM
I finished work at 3.30...but have to hang around to wait for a friend who works here and is off to the game as well....may as well go in together....

CMON DOGGIES...AND CMON 5PM HAHAHAHA.........

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Wooooo! Time to leave :)

go dogs!