PDA

View Full Version : Should I go Friday Night?

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Unfortunately due to umpiring etc. I can't get to go to many games. This year I've only been to two.

NAB Cup Round 1.

Essendon 1.8.13 70 defeated Bulldogs 1.8.12 69

Round 15

Collingwood 19.9 111 defeated Bulldogs 16.14 110.

Should I do the selfish thing and go this week? Maybe like the dogs this year against the Saints it'd be third time lucky. (Hopefully it's not a 1 point win though, I dunno if I'd be able to cope)

CARN THE DOGS!!!

craigsahibee
16-09-2009, 09:16 PM
THS, as passionate as you are, I don't think your appearance / non appearance at our games actually determines the final score. Just like if I wear my "lucky" footy socks or the somewhat less successful ""unluckier"" pair.

Having said that, the last time I wore my BHBAS T shirt against St Kilda it didn't end pretty so I guess this Fiday night it's the clash jumper again (like last week) ;-)

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 09:20 PM
If we used to get off to a good start in games, I used to sit still in my chair, and keep that position for the whole game! If you don't have any commitments this Friday night, you should definitely go.

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go. I don't think that me attending the games actually makes a difference. Just weird how both games I've been to have been 1 point losses.

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 09:36 PM
It would be funny though (well not really) if we lost by a point.

craigsahibee
16-09-2009, 09:38 PM
It would be funny though (well not really) if we lost by a point.

Yes. Funny in a Steven Wright kind of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD0KApiFdLg

Max469
16-09-2009, 10:12 PM
One of the guys I work with with is the same - every time he goes to watch us - we lose.

My advice to him - sorry I care about you - but STAY HOME.

LostDoggy
16-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Stuff history? As the theme for the week suggests?

bornadog
16-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Stuff history? As the theme for the week suggests?

Imagine the feeling when the siren goes and we are ahead, knowing we are in the granny. You don't want to miss that live at the game.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Imagine the feeling when the siren goes and we are ahead, knowing we are in the granny. You don't want to miss that live at the game.

Thanks for that bornadog. I can't go (and have been trying not to dwell on it) but you've just highlighted how disappointing the whole situation is for me :(

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Wish I could go. Wish I could have got to a game this year.

Having a little one at home (currently 7 months) makes it hard to go anywhere.

neodog
17-09-2009, 12:26 PM

Everyone just close your eye and imagine the siren going on Friday night and on the scoreboard we are in front (what ever the margin). Picture the joy and smile on Johno's face and the feeling of the doggies marching into a GF....this alone have made my day.

Julie C
17-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Wish I could go. Wish I could have got to a game this year.

Having a little one at home (currently 7 months) makes it hard to go anywhere.
You should give it a try with your little one. My first child was 4 weeks old at his first game (he was born in Feb), 2nd was 3 weeks old (born start of March). As they went from such a young age they are used to the noise & love it. They are now 3 & 2 and next week I will paying over $100 for them each to see the game, but I couldn't leave them at home for the big one when they go every week.

Sockeye Salmon
17-09-2009, 09:06 PM
You should give it a try with your little one. My first child was 4 weeks old at his first game (he was born in Feb), 2nd was 3 weeks old (born start of March). As they went from such a young age they are used to the noise & love it. They are now 3 & 2 and next week I will paying over $100 for them each to see the game, but I couldn't leave them at home for the big one when they go every week.

My little bloke was born Nov 29th and went to the NAB cup in February.

Etihad was great, they let me take the pram into the disabled seats on level 3, the MCG were a bunch of pricks.

When he was 3 or 4 it got much harder. He was bored and wouldn't sit still, I barely saw any footy at all for 2 years, hardly ever made it to the end of the game.

Now he's going on 6 and is so excited about going tomorrow night he can barely contain himself.

The Adelaide Connection
17-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Curse the Friday night game, it is almost impossible for this little black duck to get over. It'll be worth it when we have an extra days break and I am locked and loaded for GF tickets though.

Oh and I have the next best thing, full HD projector with a screen 5m from corner to corner!

CMON DOGS!!!

AndrewP6
17-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Etihad was great, they let me take the pram into the disabled seats on level 3, the MCG were a bunch of pricks.

Hope no disabled patrons missed out on a spot ;)

Sockeye Salmon
17-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Hope no disabled patrons missed out on a spot ;)

I reckon I only saw 2 guys in chair a year. The disabled seats were usually full though.

LostDoggy
19-09-2009, 12:35 AM
In a weird way I'm kinda relieved Riewoldt kicked that goal. Was looking like a 1 point loss for a while there. A 1 point loss would've hurt me more than a 7 point loss did.

Desipura
19-09-2009, 11:20 AM
In a weird way I'm kinda relieved Riewoldt kicked that goal. Was looking like a 1 point loss for a while there. A 1 point loss would've hurt me more than a 7 point loss did.
You cannot be serious? Do you laugh hysterically at funerals?

The Bulldogs Bite
19-09-2009, 03:33 PM

WTF is your deal?

LostDoggy
19-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Hey everyone.
Last night was obviously an emotional night for everyone, and some of my posts were obviously poor timing considering the loss hours before. I apologise if it seems like I went out and posted like a 'troll'. I wasn't intending to piss anyone off, I was just trying to express what I was feeling at the time (which I obviously didn't do a good job at). Go Dogs.

AndrewP6
19-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Hey everyone.
Last night was obviously an emotional night for everyone, and some of my posts were obviously poor timing considering the loss hours before. I apologise if it seems like I went out and posted like a 'troll'. I wasn't intending to piss anyone off, I was just trying to express what I was feeling at the time (which I obviously didn't do a good job at). Go Dogs.

Well said, THS... we're all on the Dogs side..