PDA

View Full Version : Prelim telecast??

easybeat
17-09-2009, 03:12 PM
I couldn't afford a ticket to the game tomorrow night (or any finals for that matter).
Does anyone know if there might be somewhere to watch a live telecast in Melbourne??
I hate being poor!!

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Well if it's a sellout Channel 7 may show it live. But wait, this is network 7. Better Homes & Gardens is the priority!

Cammas
17-09-2009, 03:21 PM
There is like 12 000 tickets left so hopefully they sell out. a few stragglers will rock up and but tickets from the door. but yer i hope it sells out. We will step up for the occasion.

The Coon Dog
17-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I doubt it will be live in Melbourne, so take the phone off the hook, turn off the computer & mobile, then watch it as tho its live.

Not sure I could handle doing that to be honest.

I guess if someone comes up with a spare ticket they could always PM you.

aker39
17-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Rest assured, whether it is sold out or not, Ch.7 will not show it live.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I don't think there is any live telecasts in Melbourne but I do remember an article in the Hun the other week about the AFL clamping down on rouge telecasts. Maybe turning off the PC might not be the best case scenario.

easybeat
17-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I can't do the turn off everything and wait thing. I just can't.
I'll probably just go back and forth between radio and TV.
F@#k I hate my life right now.....haha.
GO DOGGIES!

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Informative Artical in your messages.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I doubt it will be live in Melbourne, so take the phone off the hook, turn off the computer & mobile, then watch it as tho its live.

Not sure I could handle doing that to be honest.

I guess if someone comes up with a spare ticket they could always PM you.

It's sure a hard thing to do - but I managed last week....JUST!! Will have to try harder tomorrow night though cause I'm much more nervous this week!:eek:

bornadog
17-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I can't do the turn off everything and wait thing. I just can't.
I'll probably just go back and forth between radio and TV.
F@#k I hate my life right now.....haha.
GO DOGGIES!

I think the delay is only about 30 minutes or so.

neodog
17-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Cats VS Pies will be live...there is a very small small chance for channel 7 to go live.

Unfortunately, i ll be watching the game on TV too....i have the money but i can't find a wifesitter...for my mrs...lol

Topdog
17-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Channel 10 live. (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/collingwood-v-geelong-afl-preliminary-final-will-be-broadcast-live-channel-10-confirms/story-e6frf7jo-1225775814353)

Also includes this little snippet

Channel 7 said earlier this week it would look at showing tomorrow night's St Kilda-Western Bulldogs clash live, depending on the speed of ticket sales.

However, there has since been no indication from the network that coverage will start before 8pm.

"Last year we went at 8pm and we know that it frustrates some viewers, but Better Homes and Gardens has been a regular program and we'll look to accommodate those 400,000 viewers as best we can," Seven's Melbourne general manager Lewis Martin said on Monday.

jazzadogs
17-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Channel 10 live. (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/collingwood-v-geelong-afl-preliminary-final-will-be-broadcast-live-channel-10-confirms/story-e6frf7jo-1225775814353)

Also includes this little snippet
Channel 7 are a joke. Most of the people who are 'watching' Better Homes and Gardens are probably just waiting for the football to start.

I'll be at the game, so it doesn't really affect me, but the AFL need to be more forceful. All finals should be shown live...it won't affect their ticket sales, people still prefer to watch the games at the ground!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Its on a 1 hour delay up here in Brissy. Absolutely ridiculous.
Channel 7 you are a joke.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Better Homes and Gardens can go die.

LostDoggy
17-09-2009, 07:31 PM

Could'nt agree more!!

Bumper Bulldogs
17-09-2009, 09:00 PM

I find it funny how we are the sporting capital of the world in the second biggest week of the year and this is not live.......

Did I mention we are in a draught with not been able to water our gardens..... make sense to have better homes & gardens. :p

Scorlibo
17-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Not sure about Melbourne, but in Canberra Prime are showing it live on their HD channel live. If you have digital have a peek to see whether it's live.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Its on a 1 hour delay up here in Brissy. Absolutely ridiculous.
Channel 7 you are a joke.

Yes, just like Channel 9 who show Storm away games and finals at midnight. :mad:

It should be shown live. I bet Channel 7 aren't letting Foxtel show it live into the Northern states. :rolleyes: