PDA

View Full Version : Will you still watch

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 04:47 PM
If tonight doesn't go as planned (touch wood!!) will you still watch the GF? This year for me YES...for obvious reasons ;)

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Yep of course.....love watching it...of course it would be much better if the doggies were actually in it for a change tho....

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I will be watching the GF next week.

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I've watched every Grand Final since I can remember - without the Bulldogs in one, so yes, I'd still watch. Don't know who I'd barrack for though - either St Kilda or Geelong, definately not Collingwood!! Am going to see Storm in the NRL Preliminary Final that night, so am hoping for a good lead in to that..... a Dogs premiership!! (If not I'll probably be drowning my sorrows at a Grand Final BBQ). :p

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Yes, but i'll be sitting there watching it all mopey and sullen and thinking to myself "whyyyyyyyy?"

The Underdog
18-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I'll probably watch, but I won't ****ing care.

cinder
18-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Yup, it's my favourite day of the year no matter who is playing!! Love it!

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Of course I'll watch it. It's a tradition.

GVGjr
18-09-2009, 06:19 PM
If tonight doesn't go as planned (touch wood!!) will you still watch the GF? This year for me YES...for obvious reasons ;)

I rarely watch a grand final and if we aren't in it this year I doubt I would change that. I'd watch the under 18's and then catch up on some long overdue chores.

jazzadogs
18-09-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd watch it, but I'm not going to go to a Grand Final until we're in one. Would feel like a waste of an experience if the Dogs weren't involved...

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I rarely watch a grand final and if we aren't in it this year I doubt I would change that. I'd watch the under 18's and then catch up on some long overdue chores.

Ohhhh :( would you watch the end and maybe half time too see Seb?? At least he's a doggies connection.....;)

LostDoggy
18-09-2009, 07:40 PM
The Day Is Getting Closer When the Dogs Rise Up In The West

W W Biscuit
18-09-2009, 08:07 PM
I'd watch it, but I'm not going to go to a Grand Final until we're in one. Would feel like a waste of an experience if the Dogs weren't involved...

Exactly my sentiments. Unable to go tonight unfortunately, but have registered for a GF ticket. I have never been to that last day in September, simply because we have never made it in my lifetime.

If it is anyone other than Brad Johnson holding up that cup, I will probably do my customary choking back the tears and muffled screams of 'why, why, why' into the nearest pillow.

BulldogBelle
19-09-2009, 12:35 AM
At the moment l am saying no because l am pissed off.

But more than likely l will be watching.

Bulldog4life
19-09-2009, 02:00 AM
No I won't be watching it. Didn't see the 97 ,98 or last years Grand Final either. From this moment on till the end of the season I completely lose interest.Got to keep the tradition going.

AndrewP6
19-09-2009, 02:02 AM
Might have a look, and hope they all kick the living shit out of each other... and that several get reported.

lemmon
19-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Might have a look, and hope they all kick the living shit out of each other... and that several get reported.

Agreed, Ill be cheering for an all-in

BulldogBelle
19-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Won't watch it.

LostDoggy
19-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Yes I'll watch it- although I'm more interested in seeing the Jersey Boys pre-game entertainment than the actual game...I'll be hoping the Saints win, I guess.

LostDoggy
19-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm going to watch it, the agony will be worth it to see Reiwoldt cry like a baby when Geelong smashes them.

If that doesn't happen then I guess it will be me blubbering...

BulldogBelle
19-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I dont give a shit about the winners anymore. I hope Saints win it so they become irrelevant next season.

Rocco Jones
19-09-2009, 11:26 AM
I am a full AFLM and have tickets for tonight's game. That will be fun. :(

NoName
19-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Nope - will watch the pre game entertainment and then turn it off - I just hope that either the Cats/Pies smash St Kilda apart.

DOG GOD
19-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I just hope that either the Cats/Pies smash St Kilda apart.

Same here. Roo to tear his hamstring in the 1st 5 mins and then Cats to go on to win by 60 pts :)

I dont want the dogs to be the only melb club with 1 premeirship.

bornadog
20-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Same here. Roo to tear his hamstring in the 1st 5 mins and then Cats to go on to win by 60 pts :)

I dont want the dogs to be the only melb club with 1 premeirship.

yep, me too.

westbulldog
20-09-2009, 01:24 AM
I will be watching it thinking that we should have beaten both of them...............

strebla
20-09-2009, 02:11 AM
I can't believe you would start a thread like this before the game i was unable to check the website from 1:30 on friday when i left for work and have been too mad to get past 2 posts untill now this thread has pissed me off how can you think about losing before we even flammin play!!!

Ozza
21-09-2009, 10:01 AM
I'll be watching - girlfriend is a Geelong supporter - but she can't get a ticket - so we'll watch at home and barrack for them - and then head out.

dog town
21-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Will be watching from my footy trip in a beach side bar or something like that.

Half of the saints best side have a bad injury history. If they dont win it this year I dont see them challenging next year without a decent slice of luck with injuries. I also think this will be the cats last big crack at it particularly if they win it. I will be supporting the cats.

FWIW I think Adelaide, us and maybe Hawthorn will be big chances next year. Not sold on Hawthorn though. I think Collingwood will have lost a fair bit of belief after this weeks loss. Essendon and Carlton will keep coming as well.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Nope.

Couldn't care less.

Mantis
21-09-2009, 11:00 AM
No doubt it will be on at the venue I am at, but I won't be watching it with any great purpose.

My days as a 'footy lover' are over and besides watching the Bulldogs in action I couldn't really give 2 hoots about the game anymore. (This has a lot to do with the AFL's current administration)

Ozza
21-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Will be watching from my footy trip in a beach side bar or something like that.

Footy trip on GF weekend is a bit different - I would have thought plenty of the boys would have objected to that idea....but its an awesome weekend to go if your team doesn't make it I guess.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I'll be watching but it doesn't bother me who wins

BulldogBelle
23-09-2009, 12:50 AM
I always enjoy watching the Grand Final - hopefully Geelong will smash St Kilda. Never been a big Sookwoldt, I mean a Reiwoldt fan. ;)

I see he wants to send out a 'please look after me plea to the umps'...

Riewoldt said yesterday he expected similar treatment to that he received from the Western Bulldogs, who constantly hassled the All-Australian skipper off the ball.

"I think it's happened all year and it happens to everyone that crosses the [white] line, so I'd expect nothing else from Geelong," Riewoldt said.

Go the Cats!

dog town
23-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Footy trip on GF weekend is a bit different - I would have thought plenty of the boys would have objected to that idea....but its an awesome weekend to go if your team doesn't make it I guess. We have done it for the last 7 years so it has become a tradition. Our leagues grand final is the week before so it means we dont have to wait too long for it. To be honest none of the boys have ever complained because it is pretty awesome having us all sitting together watching it in another state, some awesome memories. If the doggies ever made it I would fly back on the saturday morning to go to the game though.

Just on the game I reckon Bartel is a good bet for the norm smith. He played a brilliant game against the saints last time and the weather sounds like it is designed for Bartel. Bit nervous to put a heap on it though because the people that judge it so often plump for the fairytale option rather than the best player on the ground.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I will probably end up watching it, surrounded by Saints fans:( I don't care who wins, I hate both teams. I think I will barrack for the umpires to dish up a bit of pain on them for a change. How about a couple of season ending injuries or is that being a really bad sport:p

Anyway Geelong will slide next year and I suspect there might be a few retirements - Saints would go into their shell if they lose or as someone else said, become irrelevant if they win.

Sedat
23-09-2009, 11:49 AM
I've got a ticket to the GF. Been going since 2005 (when I became a full AFL member). Suffice to say, Geelong will be my club of choice on the day.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Never been to a Grand Final, but always watch it, regardless of who is playing, just to soak up the atmosphere, and see the best two teams play for the ultimate prize.

Last year’s GF was an amazing game to watch, but I expect Geelong to bounce back, and win it easily.

Popcorn Chicken
23-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I'll be watching i'm accualy looking forward to it

LostDoggy
24-09-2009, 12:41 AM
I can't believe you would start a thread like this before the game i was unable to check the website from 1:30 on friday when i left for work and have been too mad to get past 2 posts untill now this thread has pissed me off how can you think about losing before we even flammin play!!!

Can't believe you'd even bother commenting on this post then!