PDA

View Full Version : Draft Pick 15 - What to do?

bulldogtragic
19-09-2009, 11:40 AM
With the whole window debate and where we are, should we go shopping and top up the list being so close, ala Sydney a few years back. Or take a quality kid wit GC17 drafts coming up?

If it's a kid, what sort of kid do we need and when would they be realistically coming good?

If it's a player, what sort of player?

For mine, as i have suggested in another thread. If we can find the salary cap space, trade down our first rounder to Port's or WCE's second rounder for decent player. Then use the low second rounder on another decent player. Salary cap would be the major hurdle though. But if we cut deep enough, we could possibly do it. I don't see another kid making much difference to the next 3 years. If it doesn't happen in the next 3 years, i'm not sure it will. So let's go shopping.

Desipura
19-09-2009, 11:44 AM
its too soon, lets just digest last night.

Desipura
20-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Well well well, it has been reported in todays Sun &Age that we would be willing to depart with out 1st round pick for an experienced player. Then in the same paragraph mentions Bradshaw, Lloyd and Hall as 2 players we will target. I do not know how these 3 players and a 1st round have anything to do with each other?

Also mentioned that we would look at Taylor Walker (who I would want). In fact, I would take a risk and depart with our 1st round for him. I believe we have enough young talent on our list and Walker will only add to it. If Tippett stays, it will be difficult for Taylor to squeeze into their forward line. Add Hall to our list and we have an experienced and young exciting forward on our list, could we afford both? Probably not.
Also mentioned we would look at Mitch Thorp. I would think depending on other clubs interest, a 3rd round pick would get that deal done, he has not proven anything yet.

DOG GOD
20-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Thorp (other than being an absolute tosser) is too injury prone for me...STAY CLEAR!!!!

GVGjr
20-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Thorp (other than being an absolute tosser) is too injury prone for me...STAY CLEAR!!!!

As far as I am concerned he has no value for us.
Lets hang on to the first round draft pick as well because as nice as it would be to add a key forward we should maintain the pick.
Lets look at trading one of our own players for a player we need.

DOG GOD
20-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Lets hang on to the first round draft pick as well because as nice as it would be to add a key forward we should maintain the pick.

I'm leaning towards this as well. Hang on to pick 15 (unless its able to get us a REALLY GOOD YOUNG KPP).

We can get Hall for like a 3rd rounder surely.

Lloyd would be a complete waste.
Bradshaw wont go anywhere.
Not sure what value Walker would offer when we have Murphy (and i wouldnt give pick 15 for him..Tippet yes).

I just hope that we dont jump on some players bandwagon for thew sake of it.

Mofra
20-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Walker is an interesting type - will the Crows hang onto him in case GC17 manage to sign Tippett?

I'd go first rounder for Walker if the rumours are true about the drop off after the top ten picks, although an upgrade of a 2nd or 3rd rounder would sweeten the deal.

Hall would surely only cost us a 3rd rounder (2nd at a stretch)

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2009, 11:24 AM

Agreed - Absolutely essential that we keep our first pick.

Everyone wants a superstar forward but its highly unlikely that will be found at #15. Best available always sounds like a copout but I think it is pretty much the way to go this year. A quick ball carrying, long kicking midfielder would help - but basically I'd like a team full of Gilbees

I cant emphasise enough how important I think it is to give our new recruiting team as many picks in this draft as we can. We stuck with Clayton for a long time, and gave him plenty of picks to turn the list around. Its crucial we let the next recruiting team put their stamp on things, and allow them to try a few smokeys, hunches etc.

The Coon Dog
20-09-2009, 12:06 PM
We have a new recruiting chief this season in Simon Dalrymple.

At least give him an opportunity to see what he can do.

Keep pick 15 I think & pick up a defender with size.

Go_Dogs
20-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Walker is an interesting type - will the Crows hang onto him in case GC17 manage to sign Tippett?

I'd go first rounder for Walker if the rumours are true about the drop off after the top ten picks, although an upgrade of a 2nd or 3rd rounder would sweeten the deal.

I highly doubt Walker would be going anywhere, but if he was on offer I'd certainly be prepared to part with a first round selection for him.

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I asked Rodney about Thorp and he straight out said, "No. Fails the dickhead test".

mighty_west
20-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I just hope we just select the best player avaliable with that first pick, if we can get a tall defender type with that, then great.

Word was that we were going to grab Robbie Tarrant with our second pick in the 2007 draft, North grabbed him and we got Ward, now, i know Tarrant has been injured somewhat, but geez Ward is a ripper.

Higgins also showed that best avaliable early in the draft is a better option.

As long as we don't go for a speculative pick with an early selection, the 2004 draft annoys me, Griff a no brainer at 3, our next two high picks were very risky, Williams & Wells, i know Tommy has taken time with shocking injury, but would have liked to nail the pick 23/24 that Wells was taken, i don't know what Clayton saw in him as a junior, but geez, he looked so far off being anything with quality when i saw him playing in the VFL ressies, a fast athlete for his size, but, lacking talent of any sorts.

Take a risk with later picks, but not with the top 20/30 please.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I asked Rodney about Thorp and he straight out said, "No. Fails the dickhead test".
Makes you wonder how much work journo's actually do before committing things to print??? Obviously not much, Thorpe is tall, dogs needs talls. Ergo, Thorpe is going to the dogs. Do journo's call the clubs at all for comment anymore?

mighty_west
20-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I highly doubt Walker would be going anywhere, but if he was on offer I'd certainly be prepared to part with a first round selection for him.

I couldn't see the Crows getting rid of Walker, Brett Burton has what, maybe 1 or 2 left in him? Just perfect timing for Walker to take his position.

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Makes you wonder how much work journo's actually do before committing things to print??? Obviously not much, Thorpe is tall, dogs needs talls. Ergo, Thorpe is going to the dogs. Do journo's call the clubs at all for comment anymore?

Actually no, they don't.

In the same conversation with Rocket I commented about a report in the HS about us enquiring after Marcus Drum. Rocket said, "I'd rather Damien Drum. Not a chance!".

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2009, 01:25 PM
As long as we don't go for a speculative pick with an early selection,

Take a risk with later picks, but not with the top 20/30 please.

Agreed

At 15 we shouldn't be punting, save that for the 3rd/4th rounder

Bulldog4life
20-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Whether the Club is willing to give up its number one draft pick is certainly a good topic for debate. However I like the idea that the Club lets it be known that it is available for the right player. It gives all player's managers out there and other Clubs the incentive of dealing with us.
If we don't get the player that the Club deems is worthy of that pick we have lost nothing. At least the Club can consider all offers that come in. We just might be lucky!

comrade
20-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Agreed

At 15 we shouldn't be punting, save that for the 3rd/4th rounder

In this draft, most 3rd and 4th round picks will be punts.

Desipura
20-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Question to Sockeye, GVGjr, Comrade & Mantis,
do you rate Walker?
If we had to give away our pick 15 for get him, would you do it?
Reasons For or Against.
I really like they way he reads the play and can turn a defender inside out, has a great side step. He certainly knows where the goals are, Morris can attest to that!
He is not a crash and bash forward but neither is Bradshaw and we would like him at the Dogs. The added bonus is that he has played some quality games of senior footy in his short career, he has alot of improvement in him IMHO.

comrade
20-09-2009, 01:50 PM
do you rate Walker?
Reasons For or Against.
I really like they way he reads the play and can turn a defender inside out, has a great side step. He certainly knows where the goals are, Morris can attest to that!
He is not a crash and bash forward but neither is Bradshaw and we would like him at the Dogs. The added bonus is that he has played some quality games of senior footy in his short career, he has alot of improvement in him IMHO.

Our forward line requires a player that can stand up in a contest and provide a bail out option. Walker, despite being a quality forward, isn't that type, so I'm against giving up our first pick.

Our forward line isn't the only hole in our list and our first pick should be used to assist in resolving other deficiencies (outside mid or tall defender).

We've gone tall in our last couple of drafts - it's time to back them in (and pick up Bazza).

lemmon
20-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Agree whole-heartedly with Comrade, we need a crash and bash, contesting marking forward ala Hall. Im not sure Walker is developed enough to play this role and is more a hit up type player.

Oh and Sockeye, feel free to answer this or not but did you mention Hall to Rocket and what was his response?

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Agree whole-heartedly with Comrade, we need a crash and bash, contesting marking forward ala Hall. Im not sure Walker is developed enough to play this role and is more a hit up type player.

Oh and Sockeye, feel free to answer this or not but did you mention Hall to Rocket and what was his response?

It's a bit hard to answer, I don't know whether Paul Roos reads this forum or not.

GVGjr
20-09-2009, 04:03 PM
do you rate Walker?
Reasons For or Against.

I rate Walker as a potential good forward and I possibly wouldn't be tempted to offer pick 15 even if that was sufficient for the Crows. We would probably be paying over the odds on that one.
I'd rather make a pitch to Mitch Brown from the Eagles if that was possible.
I just haven't seen enough of Walker to really know if he could be a 60 goals a season forward for us and if the Crows were to shop him around I'm tipping they don't think he could reach that mark with them.

azabob
20-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I'd rather make a pitch to Mitch Brown from the Eagles if that was possible.

You do like him don't you? He did impress this year, but hasn't he just signed with them, indicating he's happy?

What about his brother at Collingwood, struggled this year with injury but could be worth a look at.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 04:43 PM
You do like him don't you? He did impress this year, but hasn't he just signed with them, indicating he's happy?

What about his brother at Collingwood, struggled this year with injury but could be worth a look at.
You want another Nathan Brown in the RW&B? :)

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Use Pick 15 & Andrejs Everitt in return for Fevola :D

GVGjr
20-09-2009, 05:37 PM

You never know what the Eagles are likely to do so if there was some interest between the Eagles and us doing a deal for Mitch Brown last year so there might still be another chance this year. Contract or not, the door might be ajar.

Nathan Brown at the Pies appears to still be rated highly by Malthouse and he doesn't appear to be as versatile as Mitch.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 05:40 PM
I'd keep the first pick unless it was for a proven tall forward otherwise i'd be keen to pick up another midfielder/foward player

Scorlibo
20-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Taylor Walker was a passenger at Adelaide this year, he bobbed up a few times to play good games but all in all, he offered very little. I have no doubt we would have got the same return from Jarrad Grant this year if we had have played him all year.

GVGjr
20-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Taylor Walker was a passenger at Adelaide this year, he bobbed up a few times to play good games but all in all, he offered very little. I have no doubt we would have got the same return from Jarrad Grant this year if we had have played him all year.

I'd disagree with that based on what I have seen from Taylor playing for Adelaide and Grant for Williamstown.
Taylor was asked to do a big job and for a few weeks there he answered the challenge. The season was just too long for him.

GVGjr
20-09-2009, 07:16 PM

It can't be a hard test though. There's a big balding bustling fellow that appears to to have slipped through the DH test.

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 07:23 PM
It can't be a hard test though. There's a big balding bustling fellow that appears to to have slipped through the DH test.
How does punching Rutten fail the dickhead test? :)

Drunken Bum
20-09-2009, 07:26 PM

Do they fail different sections of the DH test though?
It's my understanding that Hall is an excellent teamman and very professional, it isnt the fact that no one likes him/he doesnt train hard enough/he thinks he is better than everyone else at the club etc that he is no longer at the Swans.

Just out of curiosity if it comes down to BBBH's brain snaps, how does big Will go in the DH test? Dont get me wrong, i love the guy and is one of my fave players at the club, but he really does some stupid stuff on the ground and is overly aggresive probably more often than BBBH although obviously with not quite the same impact.

Twodogs
20-09-2009, 07:28 PM

I reckon Barry passes the dickhead test-he might have some onfield problems but I've never heard about him causing too many problems for the club to worry about amongst the other players or offield. Compared to what you hear about Mitch Thorpe's attitude, preperation and professionalism Barry is a monk.

GVGjr
20-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I reckon Barry passes the dickhead test-he might have some onfield problems but I've never heard about him causing too many problems for the club to worry about amongst the other players or offield. Compared to what you hear about Mitch Thorpe's attitude, preperation and professionalism Barry is a monk.

With his history at the tribunal and with all the frequent fighter points he has racked up though one mistake and he will miss 4 weeks as a minimum.

I have no time for all the Mitch Thorp speculation by the way.

Twodogs
20-09-2009, 07:35 PM

Interesting. It's pretty relentless.

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2009, 07:50 PM
With his history at the tribunal and with all the frequent fighter points he has racked up though one mistake and he will miss 4 weeks as a minimum.

Why not?

GVGjr
20-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Why not?

He's never lived up to his potential and from a few people I know at Box Hill say his work ethic both in games and on the track hasn't been flash. He's missed a lot of football through injuries but unlike Tom Williams he didn't get stuck into the training like he should have.

Happy Days
20-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Would do the Walker-Pick 15 deal in a heartbeat. He's nimble, tall enough at 190-191, can mark, and has a great range with his set shots. Also has that uncanny knack to kick big bags of goals. As far as Jarrad Grant comparisons go, if Jarrad Grant could do what Walker did to us when we played them, then this discussion would all be moot, because we'd all be talking about next weeks game.

AndrewP6
20-09-2009, 09:38 PM
if Jarrad Grant could do what Walker did to us when we played them, then this discussion would all be mute,

moot - Sorry, still in a bad mood!

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2009, 09:38 PM
He's never lived up to his potential and from a few people I know at Box Hill say his work ethic both in games and on the track hasn't been flash. He's missed a lot of football through injuries but unlike Tom Williams he didn't get stuck into the training like he should have.

Sorry Gary, I read your post entirely wrong. I've heard the same sort of things about him, too.

I thought you were saying you didn't believe the rumours.

GVGjr
20-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry Gary, I read your post entirely wrong. I've heard the same sort of things about him, too.

Just to clear it up, I don't believe the rumours that we are chasing him or have any interest in him. Rocket summed him up well.

All the media speculation putting him and the Dogs together is just lazy/speculative journalism without foundation.

Happy Days
20-09-2009, 10:37 PM
moot - Sorry, still in a bad mood!

All fixed :)

Bulldog Joe
20-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Well I am one who would not object to a Mitch Thorp trade and I would accept a direct swap for Everitt.
Obviously I do not know the intricacies of attitude and work ethic that some have alluded to, and they are important aspects.

I do have concerns with the attitude and work ethic of Everitt. I consider Everitt has the ability but lacks the intensity. From what I have heard of Thorp he certainly has the self belief if he can get his body right and he has the natural bulk to be a crash player.

FrediKanoute
21-09-2009, 01:24 AM
What about Beau Dowler? He was drafted the same year as Thorpe and showed some this year. You would think that he is still behind Roughie and Franklin, and could be interested in consolidating the work he has done this season with pretty much an open spot at the Bulldogs.

Hot_Doggies
21-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Never trade away first round picks. People get caught up with this 'premiership window' rubbish, it is a fast track to the wooden spoon.

I think we will end up with pick 16-19 for Everitt, so we should get 2 quality youngsters.

Coupled with 2 quality father sons next year (plus Higgins,Ward,Cordy etc etc) we should have continued success.

Sedat
22-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Forget what the outside world thinks of us. We were an inch away from a GF with the current team, which says to me we have got a hell of a lot right in terms of our on-field structural mix of players. We have built up a terrific defensive unit (all of whom will be at the club for the next 3-4 years minimum), a highly competitive ruck division that rarely lowers its colours, a strong group of contested ball winning midfielders interspersed with some quality run and carry types (all of whom are 28 and under), and a fleet of quality mid sized forwards. We also now have a strong defensive tagging option within our midfield ranks, something we haven't had for 8 years.

As I see it, the 3 areas of immediate concern moving forward are a) pacy small forward goal poacher with great defensive pressure skills, b) gut running fast wingman who can run the lines and kick long (preferably with precision), and c) a power forward who can take a strong contested mark when needed, has great endurance to run and present multiple times and has terrific defensive pressure skills. We need to ask ourselves who is currently on the list that can come through and address these concerns in the future, both immediate (2010/11) and longer term. If the answer is nobody, only then should we look at trading to bring in players that can address these specific issues. From my perspective, Lynch addresses point a (and the MC clearly believe this as well, otherwise he would have been delisted already), Wood is a potential option for point b (work on kicking skills notwithstanding - would Andrew Lovett be looked at again by us, or dare I say it, will Eagle get another 12 months), but point c is not going to be addressed in the immediate future - you'd hope at least one of Jones, Cordy and Grant ultimately make the grade but they won't be seriously impacting at AFL level until 2012. Hall fits the bill, will make an immediate impact, and will cost less at the trade table than any of the other options being discussed.

Mofra
22-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Excellent summary Sedat, however I'd be tempted to add a D option to the list - a CHB.
I'm not convinced at all of Williams' durability so his ability to reach his potential from a development point of view, and his ability to be available at the right time, is limited.

Do we gamble on Morris doing a job for us, Boumann coming on quickly, or do we target this next draft and trade in a stop-gap option?

bulldogsman
22-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Good write up Sedat except I can't see us picking up Lovett. The reason why Lovett wants to leave is because he thinks he's worth more than he actually is. He is a tool and he will only bring troubles to the club.

In regards to Eagleton, I see Hill on the wing next year and also Wood taking over. Rose if rookie, Stack and maybe Lynch to fight it out for Hill's spot.

Mantis
22-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Excellent summary Sedat, however I'd be tempted to add a D option to the list - a CHB.
I'm not convinced at all of Williams' durability so his ability to reach his potential from a development point of view, and his ability to be available at the right time, is limited.

Do we gamble on Morris doing a job for us, Boumann coming on quickly, or do we target this next draft and trade in a stop-gap option?

I wouldn't mind drafting in a long term option with a later pick, but I don't think we will go looking for someone via a trade unless that player came very cheaply.

Tom will go into this pre-season injury free so one would hope that he can get his body in tip-top shape for the 2010 season. I also agree that Boumann has shown some real positive signs in the 2nd half of this season and with another pre-season under his belt he will be able to play a role for us at some point in time during the '10 season.

Wouldn't it be great for all of Jones, Boumann, Cordy, Grant & Roughead to all have a bumper pre-season such that we could showcase them to the footy world during the pre-season to give them a look at the young tall talent we have waiting in the wings.

Sedat
22-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Good write up Sedat except I can't see us picking up Lovett. The reason why Lovett wants to leave is because he thinks he's worth more than he actually is. He is a tool and he will only bring troubles to the club.

In regards to Eagleton, I see Hill on the wing next year and also Wood taking over. Rose if rookie, Stack and maybe Lynch to fight it out for Hill's spot.
Agree that Lovett is highly unlikely due to his salary demands, but his type is exactly what we need IMO. From memory we did have a close look at him last season.

Josh Hill should study tapes of Ryan O'Keefe over Summer and dedicate himself to become the next O'Keefe of the competition. His hands are that good, his motor is that big, his skills are that exquisite. He just needs to work as hard as he can to become the best possible player he can be.

lemmon
22-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Agree that Lovett is highly unlikely due to his salary demands, but his type is exactly what we need IMO. From memory we did have a close look at him last season.

Josh Hill should study tapes of Ryan O'Keefe over Summer and dedicate himself to become the next O'Keefe of the competition. His hands are that good, his motor is that big, his skills are that exquisite. He just needs to work as hard as he can to become the best possible player he can be.

I doubt Hill has that kind of gut running ability to be honest and anyway isnt that role already taken by Murph?

Mantis
22-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I doubt Hill has that kind of gut running ability to be honest and anyway isnt that role already taken by Murph?

When tested at the start of the '08 season Josh had the highest V02 max of any player on our list.

He has the motor, he just needs to learn how to use it.

Twodogs
22-09-2009, 01:02 PM

Yeah that's what I thought you meant too, thanks for clearing it up.

Mofra
22-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Tom will go into this pre-season injury free so one would hope that he can get his body in tip-top shape for the 2010 season. I also agree that Boumann has shown some real positive signs in the 2nd half of this season and with another pre-season under his belt he will be able to play a role for us at some point in time during the '10 season.
Between Morris, Williams & Boumann one would expect we can cover the 2nd tall defender spot for 2010.
I would still be for the idea of a ready-made defender to take the pressure off these three, considering Morris is out of his weight division, Bou is still developing and Williams is no guarantee.

Rumours have us linked to two tall types who can play back at pick 15 which is a positive.

LostDoggy
22-09-2009, 02:25 PM

There are a few speedsters that may be looking to move, other than Lovett. How about a couple from outside of the box:

- Mark Williams (the Hawthorn version -- pretty quick off the mark, and after a couple of nondescript years, would be cheap-ish, Pelchan's pig-headedness notwithstanding)

- David Wojcinski (Geelong fringe player, grass-burning quick, in and out of the team until this year, would have three good years left)

- Andrew Raines (out of favour at Tigerland, not the Flash, but finds the ball and is a reasonable user of it -- relatively okay tank also)

- Ashley McGrath (again, don't know if he's super-speed, but he's got some dash and toughness, a change of environment may do him good)

lemmon
22-09-2009, 04:25 PM
There are a few speedsters that may be looking to move, other than Lovett. How about a couple from outside of the box:

- Mark Williams (the Hawthorn version -- pretty quick off the mark, and after a couple of nondescript years, would be cheap-ish, Pelchan's pig-headedness notwithstanding)

- David Wojcinski (Geelong fringe player, grass-burning quick, in and out of the team until this year, would have three good years left)

- Andrew Raines (out of favour at Tigerland, not the Flash, but finds the ball and is a reasonable user of it -- relatively okay tank also)

- Ashley McGrath (again, don't know if he's super-speed, but he's got some dash and toughness, a change of environment may do him good)

Williams- Another lead up forward, not what we need. I havent seen him play further up the ground or on a wing so I cant really comment
Wojak- Finally broke into the team so I dont think hes going anywhere, skills arent great and has a reasonably small tank, would be battling with Harbrow for a spot.
Raines- Shocking user of the ball and Im not sure his agility is particularly good. Cant push Mcmahon or King out of the Richmond side so no thanks.
Ash McGrath- Once again would be battling with Harbrow and would be over 30 now. Not sure his defensive skills are great.

Cyberdoggie
22-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't mind drafting in a long term option with a later pick, but I don't think we will go looking for someone via a trade unless that player came very cheaply.

Wouldn't it be great for all of Jones, Boumann, Cordy, Grant & Roughead to all have a bumper pre-season such that we could showcase them to the footy world during the pre-season to give them a look at the young tall talent we have waiting in the wings.

They are the future of the club. Let's hope the majority of them turn out to be good footballers.

We are fortunate that we have a mix of age groups in our senior side at the moment, this means that it won't be as difficult to prevent a major rebuilding like some other clubs have experienced recently.

Although having said that we are at a crossroads at the moment. We are competing for a flag but have several old players whose form will no doubt start to tail off, and we want to draft a 30 plus player in Barry Hall. That gives us a pretty old forward line. The next group of players are Murphy, Gia, Hahn, Hargrave and Gilbee. Murphy has had a lot of issues with his knees, Gia has also had trouble and Hahn is a human battering ram that will no doubt have a shorter career than most.

The bottom line is we need to make sure that we have something coming through now. Easton Wood, Sam Reid etc need to become regulars next year, and Boumann, Roughead and perhaps Grant or other talls need to get a taste.

I want to see a flag in my life time, but i don't want this club to back in the bottom 4.
We need to maintain a winning culture around our club.

bulldogsman
22-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Between Morris, Williams & Boumann one would expect we can cover the 2nd tall defender spot for 2010.
I would still be for the idea of a ready-made defender to take the pressure off these three, considering Morris is out of his weight division, Bou is still developing and Williams is no guarantee.

Rumours have us linked to two tall types who can play back at pick 15 which is a positive.

Who would you be looking at? Maguire?

bulldogsman
22-09-2009, 05:46 PM

Maybe we should look at drafting Jetta if Melbourne get Everitt with a second rounder.

Mofra
22-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Who would you be looking at? Maguire?
Depending on the cost, yes. Between Williams & Maguire we could get a full season out of their combined injury-free periods.

I'd love a Harry Taylor type but I'm sure plundering the feeder comps will not be so easy this year.