PDA

View Full Version : What Changes Round 7

bornadog
07-05-2007, 10:38 AM
We know Murphy has a Hammy and could be out for up to three weeks.

Out: Murphy, Power - has been very dissapointing last two weeks and needs to do more.
In: Hahn, Faulkner

Go_Dogs
07-05-2007, 11:01 AM
We know Murphy has a Hammy and could be out for up to three weeks.

Out: Murphy, Power - has been very dissapointing last two weeks and needs to do more.
In: Hahn, Faulkner

Hahn and Faulkner would be two very good inclusions I feel.

LostDoggy
07-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Out - Murphy, eagleton, power
IN - hahn, Harbrow, Robbins

Murhpy obviously due to injury, Eagle has been terrible with his disposal, Sammy just doesn't do enough

Hahn hopefully is fit enough, adds strength something we are lacking
Harbrow, has more tricks to his game than power
Robbins, should not have been dropped in the first place

southerncross
08-05-2007, 06:23 AM
Looks like Teds Robot is very close to the mark

Hahn back in the mix
08 May 2007 Herald-Sun
Mark Stevens
THE Western Bulldogs' forgotten knee victim, Mitch Hahn, is on the brink of returning to senior football.

Hahn has quietly returned through Werribee in the past month as teammates Luke Darcy and Robert Murphy have stolen the attention for their comebacks from knee reconstructions.
"Mitch is in the frame, particularly now Robert Murphy is out," Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade said last night.
"He has played four weeks at Werribee and has improved with every week. His game on the weekend was his best."
Hahn suffered a season-ending knee injury in Round 12 at the Gabba last year.
Hahn was an integral part of the Dogs' surge in 2005-2006.
Exciting small forward Jarrod Harbrow is also in the mix for a return against Melbourne at Telstra Dome on Sunday.
Murphy is likely to miss three weeks with a hamstring strain.

Cyberdoggie
08-05-2007, 12:44 PM
i agree, i'd definately say hahn and harbrow in this week,
murphy and probably power out.

I thought power didn't do enough and he still doesn't back himself when he gets the ball, he just wants to get rid of it.

I think coming up against melbourne this week will be a good opportunity to bring in harbrow, he's been in good form and has shown with his performances that he wants to play afl footy asap.

I'd like to see faulkner get in but he didn't play last week as he flew to perth with the team but didn't play for the bee's or the dogs. I can't see them dropping eagleton even though i don't rate him, and unless they drop addison then he probably will miss again.

Sockeye Salmon
08-05-2007, 01:28 PM
In: Hahn, Harbrow, Faulkner
Out: Murphy, Power, Addison.

mjp
08-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Murphy out - Baird in.
Power out - Hahn in.
Addison out - Harbrow in.

Morris takes Davey
Harris takes Nietz.
Shaggy takes Miller.

I am not exactly sure where Wight will play at the moment. With Minson and Darcy both in, if they cant find him a match-up he might be a surprise out.

Baird plays Murphy's lead up role with Hahn getting in behind him in the way that Power did successfully a couple of times earlier in the year.

Harbrow to play permanently (deep) forward.

Dry Rot
08-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Murphy out - Baird in.

Baird plays Murphy's lead up role with Hahn getting in behind him in the way that Power did successfully a couple of times earlier in the year.

How has Baird been going in the Bees?

mjp
08-05-2007, 05:46 PM
How has Baird been going in the Bees?

Reasonable.

GVGjr
08-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Reasonable.

I wouldn't think he has been any better than that either.

Dry Rot
08-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Reasonable.

Thanks.

What role have they been playing him in?

Sockeye Salmon
09-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks.

What role have they been playing him in?

I've only seen the Preston game and he played in the backline and was fairly ordinary.

From this week's Atkins report:
"Travis Baird : showed some fight to come back after a bad start, got himself into the game" - doesn't exactly inspire me.

Daniher sometimes pushes one of White/Jamar/Johnson forward. That would be Wight's opponent.

mjp
09-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I have seen DVD's of 3 of the games so far. He has played a mix of forward and back and has been 'OK'. Not great, but not terrible. Given that he seems to play his best when he can actually lead for the ball - and Werribee have basically not had the ball for 90% of the season - I am not all that worried about Atkins comment from last week.

To me either Doogs or Baird should come in for Murphy...

bornadog
09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
I have seen DVD's of 3 of the games so far. He has played a mix of forward and back and has been 'OK'. Not great, but not terrible. Given that he seems to play his best when he can actually lead for the ball - and Werribee have basically not had the ball for 90% of the season - I am not all that worried about Atkins comment from last week.

To me either Doogs or Baird should come in for Murphy...

I was really impressed with Baird last year, he gave us something up forward and kicked his couple of goals. Not sure if he has some speed and what size he is ie not height but bulk. If he has been playing well at the Bees then I would like him to come in for Power.

Go_Dogs
10-05-2007, 09:57 AM
I was really impressed with Baird last year, he gave us something up forward and kicked his couple of goals. Not sure if he has some speed and what size he is ie not height but bulk. If he has been playing well at the Bees then I would like him to come in for Power.

I was also impressed with what he did last year. Thought he showed quite a bit as a leading forward.

bornadog
10-05-2007, 02:46 PM
I was also impressed with what he did last year. Thought he showed quite a bit as a leading forward.

In the preseason they tried Baird in the backline, but he looked lost. He is definately a forward and I just looked him up he is 192cm, 84kg, good size.

bornadog
10-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Official in's

Hahn, Faulkner, Street, Harbrow

Out
Murphy

I wonder who will be droped

Dry Rot
10-05-2007, 10:54 PM
IIRC Hahn and Street have been named in the first 18, therefore definitely in.

Any special considerations re the Dees which could influence who will miss out?

Any surprises with the Dees team?

dog town
10-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Not a big fan of bringing in Street. He needs to give us a huge advantage at the stoppages to make up for what he lacks around the ground and I dont think he has shown an ability to do that. Would have given Hahn another full game on the ball at Werribee. Mitch more than anyone needs his match conditioning to be as close to perfect as possible otherwise he cannot give those powerful second , third and fourth efforts that he is so good at when he is up and running. He got dropped 2 years ago because his fitness was not up to scratch and he wasn't working hard enough so I just query whether or not we would have been better off giving him a full game.

Can we play Street , Minson , Darcy and Wight in the same side? I would prefer we didn't and I think Eade would think along similar lines. No problem with Harbrow (should have played last week) or Faulkner coming in provided we keep a good balance.

Dry Rot
10-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Can we play Street , Minson , Darcy and Wight in the same side? I would prefer we didn't and I think Eade would think along similar lines.

Agreed - I think Minson is about to get a wake-up call and play for the Bees.

Bulldog1954
11-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Not a big fan of bringing in Street. He needs to give us a huge advantage at the stoppages to make up for what he lacks around the ground and I dont think he has shown an ability to do that..

Minson is very poor around the ground as well. Streeter is a much better tapper. Minson should go back to the bees and hopefully get the kick up the butt he needs

Raw Toast
11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Not a big fan of bringing in Street. He needs to give us a huge advantage at the stoppages to make up for what he lacks around the ground and I dont think he has shown an ability to do that. Would have given Hahn another full game on the ball at Werribee. Mitch more than anyone needs his match conditioning to be as close to perfect as possible otherwise he cannot give those powerful second , third and fourth efforts that he is so good at when he is up and running. He got dropped 2 years ago because his fitness was not up to scratch and he wasn't working hard enough so I just query whether or not we would have been better off giving him a full game.

Can we play Street , Minson , Darcy and Wight in the same side? I would prefer we didn't and I think Eade would think along similar lines. No problem with Harbrow (should have played last week) or Faulkner coming in provided we keep a good balance.

Be v surprised if Minson isn't dropped (then again, many of us were surprised when all three were played in the Saints game). We could try and expose them for height with a tall forward line but don't think we'd take enough marks to make up for the sacrifice in speed. (Don't really like the inclusion of Street but seems he's in this week - actually thought Wight looked our best tap ruckman last week, though he gave away frees [that weren't paid the other way] so still has a technique issue. Was also glad that Wight really fought his way back into the contest with Lynch and had a decent to good last 1/4 to 1/2.)

Also not completely convinced about Hahn back this week. On the positive side he's likely to inspire some of his team-mates to raise their intensity in a game we really need to be up for. The question for me is whether he can do those extra efforts in bursts and then be rested. Be interesting to see what he can do as a deep forward, you'd think the Dees will try and run off him every chance they get.

Surely Harbrow has to come in this game. We need someone to be able to run and present to replace Murphy and Harbrow can do this a bit. A bit surprised that neither Baird nor Doogs are in the mix. I guess Gia might play this role and Johnson is named at chf but I think Harbrow deserves the chance to show how much he can contribute.

Not sure which of Addison or Power I'd drop for him, or if both should go with Faulkner brought in as well. Addison hasn't done a heap but he did a couple of really courageous things last week, running and diving into packs. Both should have saved a goal, though Gilbs gave the ball away in one instance.

Power still gives flexibility but needs to get more of it if he is to stay in the side as a forward. He might be another who benefits from Murphy's absence. I see Griffen is named on the wing, so there might be a place for Power down back, which would allow McMahon to spend some time in the middle - Jordy's been v good running the ball out of defence, I'd keep him back most of the game and rotate him through the middle late in quarters when his speed might be most useful. His goal last week was v v good.

Can see MJP's point of bringing in Faulker as another runner after Subiaco, though my question is whether not playing and then playing vfl after the red-eye special will leave him any fresher than those who played.

Go_Dogs
11-05-2007, 06:38 PM
It appears as though out go Minson, Ray and Power.

Not too sure if I'm THAT happy about Street being #1 ruck, but we'll see.

GVGjr
11-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Minson is very poor around the ground as well. Streeter is a much better tapper. Minson should go back to the bees and hopefully get the kick up the butt he needs

Minson needs to improve and he has been down on form but even if he is dropped I think he will be back quick smart.

bornadog
12-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Final Team

IN: Harbrow, Hahn, Street
OUT: Murphy (hamstring), Minson, Power

southerncross
12-05-2007, 08:01 AM
This from the Age. Green normally plays well against us doesn't he?

BULLDOGS The Western Bulldogs have named tough utility Mitch Hahn to return from a serious knee injury against Melbourne at Telstra Dome tomorrow. It will be Hahn's first match since hurting his knee in round 12 last season. Hahn's inclusion was one of three changes made to the side that lost to West Coast at Subiaco last week, with youngster Jarrod Harbrow called up along with ruckman Peter Street. Robert Murphy is out with a hamstring strain, while Will Minson and Sam Power were dropped. The Demons dumped forward Byron Pickett, while Ricky Petterd was forced out with a hamstring injury. But Brad Green returned from injury, with Daniel Ward also coming into Melbourne's side.

Go_Dogs
12-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Pretty disappointed that Faulkner didn't play. There is a rumor on BF that Akermanis has done his hammy, so if that's the case, perhaps Faulkner will come in.