PDA

View Full Version : The assistant coaching roundabout

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Hawks
Adam Simpson joins Hawks as midfield coach to replace Hardwick
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/84998/default.aspx

North
Darren Crocker will remain an assistant at North under BScott. Anthony Rock, Darren Bewick depart North

Brisbane
Rawlings and Macrae arrive from Richmond to assist Vossy

Richmond:
Lade joins Richmond setup under Hardwick, as does Justin Leppitsch. Brian Royal and David King leave

Dogs
Gotch leaving as VFL coach

Port
Primus and Cripps re-commit. Trying to entice Laidley on board

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 12:15 PM
On of the footy shows mentioned Cameron was being looked by another team as well.

The Coon Dog
20-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Justin Leppitsch has joined the Tigers.

Sockeye Salmon
20-09-2009, 01:13 PM
On of the footy shows mentioned Cameron was being looked by another team as well.

I read this morning that Leon Cameron is likely to take the Willi job and development coach.

azabob
20-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I read this morning that Leon Cameron is likely to take the Willi job and development coach.

Also read in the age that Gotch indicated the Bulldogs offered him a part time development role.

comrade
20-09-2009, 01:31 PM

That would be awesome for the Bulldogs and the development of our young players, but I can't imagine the Willy faithful being rapt if it came about.

One thing's for sure, if Leon is the Willy coach next year, Jarrad Grant will be playing in the right position and Boumann will never play in the early game.

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2009, 01:33 PM

That would be an interesting development indeed. Talk from somewhere was Hawthorn were interested in Leon

Maybe the feedback to Cameron from senior positions is that he needs to have coached his own team

Hotdog60
20-09-2009, 03:00 PM
If Leon goes to Willy, how about Scotty West if his interested taking on the midfield coach role and get him back and involved with the club.

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2009, 03:27 PM
If Leon goes to Willy, how about Scotty West if his interested taking on the midfield coach role and get him back and involved with the club.

I would be wrapt with that

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 04:41 PM
I'd also like to see Monty back where he belongs, not with the cheats.

Max469
20-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I'd also like to see MOnty back where hye belongs, not with the cheats.

Me too

bulldog
20-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I have heard a whisper about Monty coming back hope its true also lets get Westy back now heard him on the radio today and this guy bleads Red White and Blue and will teach Cal and the youngsters so much.Go Doggies

Max469
20-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I have heard a whisper about Monty coming back hope its true also lets get Westy back now heard him on the radio today and this guy bleads Red White and Blue and will teach Cal and the youngsters so much.Go Doggies

So have I.

But it would involve a bit of travelling to the Kennel.

Happy Days
20-09-2009, 09:26 PM
That would be awesome for the Bulldogs and the development of our young players, but I can't imagine the Willy faithful being rapt if it came about.
One thing's for sure, if Leon is the Willy coach next year, Jarrad Grant will be playing in the right position and Boumann will never play in the early game.

Harold from Neighbours and the other three can cop it as far as I'm concerned.

Swoop
20-09-2009, 09:29 PM
After the game on Friday night BT seemed to imply that Dunstall and the Hawks were in discussions with Leon Cameron. After being dismissed from the senior coaching vacancies this year it wouldn't surprise me if he is considering gaining further experience elsewhere.

Mantis
21-09-2009, 11:36 AM
I'd also like to see Monty back where he belongs, not with the cheats.

He is probably getting paid close to double the amount we could afford to pay him.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2009, 01:39 PM
He is probably getting paid close to double the amount we could afford to pay him.
But it's blood money.... And they're Carlton..... And cheats..... And they're Ewww....

Ah well, we find good prospects and induct them to AFL so the bigger clubs can benefit. For once i wish we weren't just so bloody poor.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 03:26 PM
But it's blood money.... And they're Carlton..... And cheats..... And they're Ewww....

Ah well, we find good prospects and induct them to AFL so the bigger clubs can benefit. For once i wish we weren't just so bloody poor.

Only once??

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 04:45 PM
Only once??

Didn't you hear Poor is the new black? .......everyones wearing it!!:cool:

The Coon Dog
22-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Laidley appointed Power assistant (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/laidley-appointed-power-assistant/2009/09/21/1253384956738.html)

FORMER North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley is to take up a role as senior assistant coach at Port Adelaide.

Bulldog Revolution
22-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Laidley appointed Power assistant (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/laidley-appointed-power-assistant/2009/09/21/1253384956738.html)

FORMER North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley is to take up a role as senior assistant coach at Port Adelaide.

Most in the footy world will be hailing this as a fine appointment, and you'd have to think Port would be wrapt after a tumultuous year

Sockeye Salmon
22-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Most in the footy world will be hailing this as a fine appointment, and you'd have to think Port would be wrapt after a tumultuous year

I think most in the footy world will be seeing this as a direct replacement for Mark Williams if he misses the finals again.

comrade
22-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I think most in the footy world will be seeing this as a direct replacement for Mark Williams if he misses the finals again.

Or if they're 3 and 8 mid way through the season.

LostDoggy
22-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Round 5, 2010, Port 1 and 4:

Williams: Et tu, Brute?
Laidley: F*** off, loser. Papa's in the house.