PDA

View Full Version : Montgomery

LostDoggy
07-05-2007, 02:12 PM
What's happening with Montgomery? This is a question my Dad asks each week when we dissect the weekend's game.

Does anyone know? Last I recall seeing him listed as "Test" on the injury list a couple of weeks ago. I realise he won't be getting much senior list game time this year until maybe finals but thought he might get a call up nowish if fit.

GVGjr
07-05-2007, 03:40 PM
What's happening with Montgomery? This is a question my Dad asks each week when we dissect the weekend's game.

Does anyone know? Last I recall seeing him listed as "Test" on the injury list a couple of weeks ago. I realise he won't be getting much senior list game time this year until maybe finals but thought he might get a call up nowish if fit.

Good question. I don't think he played for the Bees on the weekend so given the amount of time he has missed he would probably needs to spend at week with them before coming back.

I think Hahn should be more likely to return than Monty but Monty is the type of player that could just slot back in.

Sockeye Salmon
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Good question. I don't think he played for the Bees on the weekend so given the amount of time he has missed he would probably needs to spend at week with them before coming back.

I think Hahn should be more likely to return than Monty but Monty is the type of player that could just slot back in.

Monty didn't play seniors or reserves this week (or last week). He's been named in the reserves squad both times.

Dry Rot
07-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Wonder if he's more seriously injured than the club is letting on?

LostDoggy
07-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Yes, didn't think he had been mentioned playing for Werribee yet.

Actually just found a post of BF that mentions a neck injury similar to that of Nick Stevens but not as severe. Don't know if this is true or not (hopefully not).

Agree that he is a player that can just slot straight back in.

GVGjr
07-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Monty will be speaking at the players sponsors group during the Melbourne game so I guess he is still a little away from being ready to play.

BulldogBelle
07-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Monty will be speaking at the players sponsors group during the Melbourne game so I guess he is still a little away from being ready to play.

No doubt the question will be asked by someone how far away he is from resuming, let us know GVG if it is mentioned.

Cyberdoggie
08-05-2007, 11:46 AM
yeah for someone with "bruised ribs" from round 1 he's taken a hell of a long time to recover.

Bulldog Revolution
08-05-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah for someone with "bruised ribs" from round 1 he's taken a hell of a long time to recover.

But bruised ribs is normally a euphemism for broken isn't it?

Cyberdoggie
08-05-2007, 05:06 PM
But bruised ribs is normally a euphemism for broken isn't it?

exactly,

although every man and his dog knows that a guy that's been out for 6 weeks with "bruised ribs" probably hasn't got "bruised ribs". So why don't they just tell us they are broken.

There's no point trying to protect the player because the moment he comes back his opposing player is going to walk up to him and probably try and smack him in the ribs anyway.

GVGjr
08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
exactly,

although every man and his dog knows that a guy that's been out for 6 weeks with "bruised ribs" probably hasn't got "bruised ribs". So why don't they just tell us they are broken.

There's no point trying to protect the player because the moment he comes back his opposing player is going to walk up to him and probably try and smack him in the ribs anyway.

This is an ongoing trend by the club. They are very evasive with reporting on injuries either on their website or via the media. I haven't followed this closely enough with other teams to see if they do the same but we appear to not report things too accurately.

Bulldog Revolution
08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
This is an ongoing trend by the club. They are very evasive with reporting on injuries either on their website or via the media. I haven't followed this closely enough with other teams to see if they do the same but we appear to not report things too accurately.

One of the evening news reportered that he has a bulging disc in his neck, similar to the injury sustained by nick stevens but not quite as severe.

The best case scenario will have him back in a month

southerncross
09-05-2007, 05:36 AM
One of the evening news reportered that he has a bulging disc in his neck, similar to the injury sustained by nick stevens but not quite as severe.

The best case scenario will have him back in a month

Yes, I have just listed an article on Aker an in it Monty's neck is listed as the reason why he isn't back.

Cyberdoggie
09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
i think someone in the media checks our boards,

on the same day we question monty and aker's fitness,

also many posters raising the question of hahn taking murphy's spot.

then funnily enough all those questions get asked of eade at his press conference.

what a co-incidence

Go_Dogs
10-05-2007, 08:54 AM
conspiracy theory.

Dry Rot
10-05-2007, 08:56 AM
i think someone in the media checks our boards,

on the same day we question monty and aker's fitness,

also many posters raising the question of hahn taking murphy's spot.

then funnily enough all those questions get asked of eade at his press conference.

what a co-incidence

I'm Caroline Wilson. Nice to meet you all.

bornadog
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM

:D :D :D :D

Cyberdoggie
10-05-2007, 02:59 PM

uurrr rurl purdy!

Twodogs
10-05-2007, 03:59 PM

Your much prettier than Caro.

Dry Rot
10-05-2007, 11:03 PM
:D :D :D :D

uurrr rurl purdy!

Your much prettier than Caro.

Hello boys, like to come to Tigers fundraiser?

Go_Dogs
11-05-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't know whats worse. Her in general, or the fact she's a Tigers supporter.