20-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Who is your tip for the Grand Final and pick for the Norm Smith

Geelong by 23

Joel Selwood for Norm Smith

AndrewP6
20-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Geelong by 47 pts...

Gazza for the Norm...

All in brawl to rub out 6 players for the first couple of rounds of 2010...

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 06:52 PM
I believe this thread already primarily exists. See TCDs thread below this with the poll attached.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Geelong by 27, Stevie J for the Norm Smith...

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I believe this thread already primarily exists. See TCDs thread below this with the poll attached.

Sorry about that didn't realise

bulldogtragic
20-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Sorry about that didn't realise
I suppose you can argue your thread nominates the NS winner so it's uniquely different :)

boydogs
20-09-2009, 07:56 PM
I suppose you can argue your thread nominates the NS winner so it's uniquely different :)

This is perhaps more about who you think will win than who you want to win as well

St Kilda by 11
First Goal Leigh Montagna
Norm Smith Lenny Hayes

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Geelong by 14 points.
Norm Smith medal to Paul Chapman.

comrade
20-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Geelong by 103 points
NS: Mark Blake

TBH, I don't give a crap. The 2009 season is over for me.

Bring on Draft Camp.

craigsahibee
20-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Geelong by 103 points

TBH, I don't give a crap. The 2009 season is over for me.

Bring on Draft Camp.

Good call. It will be difficult to have a clear view of the game through the bottom of a brown glass bottle. I'm filthy and going to work tomorrow with a bunch of St Kilda flogs will not help.

AndrewP6
20-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Good call. It will be difficult to have a clear view of the game through the bottom of a brown glass bottle. I'm filthy and going to work tomorrow with a bunch of St Kilda flogs will not help.

yep, know what you mean... thank god for school holidays... Getting on the piss Monday morning would most probably be frowned upon at school! :)

Ozza
21-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Cats by 16 points.

Norm Smith: Joel Corey.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 01:48 PM
St Kilda by 17
Norm Smith - Leigh Montagna

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Geelong by 9pts
Norm to Chappy

mighty_west
21-09-2009, 01:53 PM
A draw.

Norm Smith : Lenny Hayes

mighty_west
21-09-2009, 01:56 PM

And Farren Ray to top the hard ball gets...:D

The Coon Dog
21-09-2009, 02:14 PM
A draw.

Norm Smith : Lenny Hayes

If it's a draw, do they award a Norm Smith medal for each game?

lemmon
21-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Cats by 19
Norm Smith: Scarlett

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 06:19 PM

Always wondered that myself

Popcorn Chicken
23-09-2009, 09:21 PM
St Kilda by 41 and Goddard for Norm Smith

FrediKanoute
24-09-2009, 03:28 AM
Geelong will smash the Saints by 45+
G Ablett will win the Norm Smith medal
D Mackie will kick the first goal......in fact, I'll go so far as predicting that the game will be over by 1/4 time.

Doc26
25-09-2009, 11:19 PM

That's a good question. Would assume they would offer up one for each match.

btw Was always looking forward to taking home a WEG poster of a Doggies Premiership (not a 54 retro). A WEG Johnno characterture would've been a gem. Unfortunately the old fella passed away this year so part of the dream has now gone for good. Did just notice on 'Before the Game' that Mark Knight has taken over the mantle from WEG so the tradition kind of continues but without WEG just not quite the same.

The Coon Dog
25-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Mark Knight has taken over the mantle from WEG so the tradition kind of continues but without WEG just not quite the same.

They look shithouse I reckon.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/beastie021/weg.jpg

AndrewP6
25-09-2009, 11:32 PM

I don't mind them... would look a heap better with Johnno on one, but anyway...

Doc26
25-09-2009, 11:46 PM
the colours are all wrong :(

hujsh
25-09-2009, 11:58 PM

One of the worst looking things I've ever seen

mighty_west
26-09-2009, 12:55 AM
That's a good question. Would assume they would offer up one for each match.

btw Was always looking forward to taking home a WEG poster of a Doggies Premiership (not a 54 retro). A WEG Johnno characterture would've been a gem. Unfortunately the old fella passed away this year so part of the dream has now gone for good. Did just notice on 'Before the Game' that Mark Knight has taken over the mantle from WEG so the tradition kind of continues but without WEG just not quite the same.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9987/gsemultipart40385.jpg

Weg did this a while back, Johnno, also did a few other players as well, he has also drawn up mulipal versions of all clubs mascots for future Premierships as well, the winnning team Weg version will be avaliable as well, but not with the herald Sun banner, but either Saints or Cats with Premiers down the bottom, with the '09 of course.

LostDoggy
26-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah I agree, they don't look that good the Riewoltd one is lame..why have him like that but then a Cat for the Geelong one..

W W Biscuit
26-09-2009, 09:17 AM
My tip:
* Geelong by 32 points
* Norm Smith: James Bartel
* WWB to be reaching for the Kleenex as Tom Harley steps onto the premiership dias

1eyedog
26-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Geelong by 26 points
Bartel NSM

KT31
26-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Geelong by 18
Ablett NSM.( would love to see Riewoltd win it)

DOG GOD
26-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Geel by 14pts
Ablett NSM

mighty_west
26-09-2009, 11:17 AM

I'm not sure about that, but you'd imagine they would, could you imagine the mood though, no celebrations, lap of honours, shake hands, pack up and go home.

It would feel like such a non event, and with the weather forecast & eveness between both sides, you just never know, i honesty can't split them.

comrade
26-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Good result.

hujsh
26-09-2009, 06:20 PM
After coming close twice I realize couldn't care less about who wins now.

Max469
26-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Good result.

Agreed

I feel for Saints due to the longevity as it is with us. But most of their supports are A holes to put it nicely.

Today 99.9% of their supporters that I encountered at the Sports Museum before the game - were the rudest of people that have visited the museum for the season.

DOG GOD
26-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Congrats to geelong. Hopefully that is US next year.

comrade
26-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I couldn't deal with Milne going down as a premiership player.

The not so enviable trend of the Bulldogs beating the eventual premier continues....

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
26-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Much like us last week, Saints missed opportunities they should've nailed, which made the margin flatter Geelong at half time.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-09-2009, 06:53 PM
I couldn't deal with Milne going down as a premiership player.

The not so enviable trend of the Bulldogs beating the eventual premier continues....

Good point.

Happened in 06 v Eagles, 07 v Geelong, 08 v Hawthorn and then again v Geelong 09.

Max469
26-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Much like us last week, Saints missed opportunities they should've nailed, which made the margin flatter Geelong at half time.

But I bet they don't get hammered about it like we did.

Funny I had a text from a sainter who said about the missed opportunities - maybe it is my turn to return the favour this week.

The Coon Dog
26-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Pretty petty & extremely poor form from those co called Bulldog supporters who felt the need to disgrace themselves on the BF Saints board, thankfully those clowns don't post here.

I'd hate to be feeling the hurt Saints fans are right now, but would have loved to experience what they felt all week.

Similar game to last week where the better side didn't take its opportunities & left the door open for the opposition.

Doc26
26-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Feeling for the Saints fans as well. Would've been sickening to go through that last 15 minutes.

Was a similar match to ours although Roo and Lenny were shutdown in the last quarter which was probably the difference. Ling did a great shutdown job on Dal as well.

AndrewP6
26-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Well done Cats... went to a GF party today, and I reckon 98% were going for the Aints... I had one other Bulldog fan there, and we had to stick together...

Don't have any sympathy whatsoever for the Aints or their fans. After the week we've had, with EVERY person wanting to talk about the PF and asking "Were you disappointed", I was glad the Cats got up. The Aints had plenty of chances, and couldn't get the job done. Too bad, how sad. Should've been us there, so I could care less about them. Congratulations Cats

Doc26
26-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Too bad, how sad. Should've been us there, so I could care less about them. Congratulations Cats

Can understand this feeling. Was kind of weird watching the match. Throughout the match was barracking for the Saints (well except for when Milne got near the pill which wasn't too often) but felt some sense of relief / comfort with the Cats getting over the line. Probably all to do with not wishing our club to be the lone long termer with only 1 cup in the closet.

LostDoggy
26-09-2009, 08:05 PM
We had a pot going around at my brothers for Norm Smith, i had Harry Taylor. I thought i was actually in with a good chance of taking the lot, bloody Chapman.

BulldogBelle
26-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Chapman was sensational. Taylor was very good.

AndrewP6
26-09-2009, 08:10 PM
We had a pot going around at my brothers for Norm Smith, i had Harry Taylor. I thought i was actually in with a good chance of taking the lot, bloody Chapman.

party I went to had one for first goal... I drew Tom Harley!!!:eek: :(

Sockeye Salmon
26-09-2009, 08:36 PM

I thought Taylor was BOG

AndrewP6
26-09-2009, 08:41 PM
I thought Taylor was BOG

Yeah, he played well..

mighty_west
26-09-2009, 08:42 PM
party I went to had one for first goal... I drew Tom Harley!!!:eek: :(

There were 4 of us at my place, we all had a number each, 1,2,3 or 4, so if player 4,8,12,16,20 etc kicks goal - skull, and we all thought Taylor was stiff to miss out on Normy!

1eyedog
26-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I thought Taylor was BOG

Agreed he was more important today than Chapman

LostDoggy
26-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I hoped the Cats would win- to ensure Faz would NOT be a premiership player. And you know, because of last week and all.

Doc26
26-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Happy with Chappy. 17 kicks 3 goals and the sealer in the last. And his effectiveness is right up there. Conditions were tough for Roo today which I feel miffed about. If the Saints had pinched it Jason Gram would've gone very close over 4 quarters.

LostDoggy
26-09-2009, 11:49 PM
We did Geelong a big favour by running the Saints off their feet last week. Saints just didnt have the legs in the last and their missed chances came back to bite them.

Remi Moses
27-09-2009, 12:33 AM
The game was strangely similar [without the shocking officiating] to last week. The saints missed their chances and paid the ultimate price. The bottom 6 at Geelong is of way better quality than the Saints. Gotta say Stkilda's lack of a lead up target cost them today Dempster isn't the answer and a way to heavy reliance on Riewoldt. Harry Taylor deserved the Norm Smith

AndrewP6
27-09-2009, 12:35 AM
The game was strangely similar [without the shocking officiating] to last week.

They had a few shockers, IMO...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Pretty petty & extremely poor form from those co called Bulldog supporters who felt the need to disgrace themselves on the BF Saints board, thankfully those clowns don't post here.

I'd hate to be feeling the hurt Saints fans are right now, but would have loved to experience what they felt all week.

Similar game to last week where the better side didn't take its opportunities & left the door open for the opposition.

First time in a long time I've visited the other site, but following your post above, I went for a visit, and I was quite appalled at some of the comments, especially from Dogs fans.

As disappointed as I was post game last week, I just don't understand the satisfaction any Dogs fan could derive from rubbing the Saints fans nose in it.

I just felt for those Saints fans who not dissimilarly to us have endured a prolonged period of non-success, near misses and almost Greek tragedy like finishes, and had an abiding sense of empathy towards them.

Dare I say it, today was almost a script stolen from a Bulldogs playbook, insofar as Saints fans/players would be going to bed tonight thinking how the heck did get ourselves into a positon where we lose today.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-09-2009, 01:05 AM
The game was strangely similar [without the shocking officiating] to last week. The saints missed their chances and paid the ultimate price. The bottom 6 at Geelong is of way better quality than the Saints. Gotta say Stkilda's lack of a lead up target cost them today Dempster isn't the answer and a way to heavy reliance on Riewoldt. Harry Taylor deserved the Norm Smith

Was very similar to last week in several aspects, including some shocking umpiring.
Some absolute howlers of decisions, Hawkins goal for one, and the most glaring was the hold on Schneider in the last that wasn't paid.

Having said that, much like last week for us, the reason the Saints lost today was failure to kick straight.
It is a oft-used cliche, but it is 100% true, bad kicking is bad footy.

immortalmike
27-09-2009, 03:14 AM

Totally agree with this. Not sure what perverse pleasure they get from taunting an already gutted group of supporters. Hey, I was cheering on the Cats and have no love for the Saints, but to rub it in their faces just seems wrong.

LostDoggy
27-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Geelong by 14 points.
Norm Smith medal to Paul Chapman.

Sorry for sort of gloating, I'm usually so far off the mark so I just wanted to point this out. ;)

bulldogtragic
27-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Sorry for sort of gloating, I'm usually so far off the mark so I just wanted to point this out. ;)
:) Only a little bit wrong, well done :)

But seriously, good guesswork Suz.

LostDoggy
27-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Was very similar to last week in several aspects, including some shocking umpiring.
Some absolute howlers of decisions, Hawkins goal for one, and the most glaring was the hold on Schneider in the last that wasn't paid.

Having said that, much like last week for us, the reason the Saints lost today was failure to kick straight.
It is a oft-used cliche, but it is 100% true, bad kicking is bad footy.

We never got the gift goal on the half time siren like they did yesterday. The Saints got their fair share of the umpiring.

LostDoggy
27-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Geelong by 9pts
Norm to Chappy

Did I win this little comp too? :D

Edit: Just saw Suz' prediction...nice work :)

LostDoggy
27-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Did I win this little comp too? :D

Edit: Just saw Suz' prediction...nice work :)

Damn that kick after the siren hey?! ;)

bulldogtragic
27-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I really liked Ross Lyons words at the after match function. No 'this is good, buyt we need better' or 'things just didn't go our way' or other nicities and crap. Straight up, put up or shut up. I loved the offer to trade the players who didn't want to do all the hard work in 2010. Although as an opposition club if they start shopping players around, perhaps their the ones who wont do the extra??? Either way i liked the direct and honest approach.

AndrewP6
27-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I really liked Ross Lyons words at the after match function. No 'this is good, buyt we need better' or 'things just didn't go our way' or other nicities and crap. Straight up, put up or shut up. I loved the offer to trade the players who didn't want to do all the hard work in 2010. Although as an opposition club if they start shopping players around, perhaps their the ones who wont do the extra??? Either way i liked the direct and honest approach.

Yeah it was good to hear. But will he follow through?

bulldogtragic
27-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah it was good to hear. But will he follow through?
I like the of his jib. I think he has a strength and resolve and would be one of these quiet guys who don't need to posture to exude strength, so i think he will. There is no room for senitment with him and no excuses. What i will be interested in his whether he is of the view any of the 22 don't have a place in his plans for 2010 and beyond based on crunch time ability.

AndrewP6
27-09-2009, 07:38 PM
I like the of his jib. I think he has a strength and resolve and would be one of these quiet guys who don't need to posture to exude strength, so i think he will. There is no room for senitment with him and no excuses. What i will be interested in his whether he is of the view any of the 22 don't have a place in his plans for 2010 and beyond based on crunch time ability.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of... should turf Faz and Raf on that criteria, but will they survive if they just train hard, therefore showing that they "want to do the hard work"...

bulldogtragic
27-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of... should turf Faz and Raf on that criteria, but will they survive if they just train hard, therefore showing that they "want to do the hard work"...
I wouldn't trade Faz, although he regressed badly in the two biggest games. He gave them something this year and should and will be given more time. Raph on the other hand, seems to be a vicious carousel of form. The coaches obviously rate him, although the fans don't (which doesn't mean much). If Raph could get some value up, i'd like to know if they would deal. For all these years he has just never fully taken his AFL opportunity. Schneider and Milne are the ones for me. Schneider isn't that great and you can see why the Swans and Roos gave him away. I just don't see what Lyon does, but my opinion means less than nothing. Milne on the other hand has had so many opportunities to perform and like clockwork underperforms when any level of presure is placed on him. For mine, they should see what they can get for him after a passable H&A season.