PDA

View Full Version : Broken Bulldog Dale Morris didn't crack

The Coon Dog
20-09-2009, 10:25 PM
* Mark Stevens * From: Herald Sun * September 21, 2009 12:00AM

DALE Morris has a broken leg to match his broken heart. The Western Bulldogs defender, involved in a pulsating battle with St Kilda superstar Nick Riewoldt on Friday night, played with a stress fracture to his tibia.

Morris suffered the injury about six weeks ago and has not trained fully since.

He has managed the pain to play, but has been in preservation mode during the week, affecting his preparation.

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade yesterday said Morris would need six to eight weeks of total rest to allow the injury to heal.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/broken-bulldog-dale-morrisdidnt-crack/story-e6frf9vx-1225777200738)

comrade
20-09-2009, 10:31 PM
So, to summarise the injuries that need fixing over pre-season:

Morris: Stress fracture (tibia)
Cross: Ankle
Cooney: Knee
Minson: Broken toe
Murphy: Patella
Wood: Shoulder
Reid: Groin
Tiller: Groin

I knew Morris was a tough p****, but he's stepped up a level.

AndrewP6
20-09-2009, 10:33 PM
I knew we weren't injury free in the lead-up to finals... Cooney, Cross and Morris all on the shelf for a while...damn tough of Morris to play on, and often punch above his weight...

Reading all that doesn't augur well for a big pre-season...Wood, Reid, Tiller, Murphy under the knife as well! Real shame for Wood, would like to see just what he can do.

LostDoggy
20-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Is there anyone who isnt going to have surgery in the off season lol....

Awesome effort for the boys to get out there. and do what the did all season...

comrade
20-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Reading all that doesn't augur well for a big pre-season...Wood, Reid, Tiller, Murphy under the knife as well! Real shame for Wood, would like to see just what he can do.

Shoulder surgery shouldn't affect the running aspect of training, which is a huge component of pre-season, particularly the first half.

By the time contact work becomes a big focus, he should be right to go.

Bulldog Revolution
20-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Actually I think you'll find the shoulder surgery will delay the running component, as it needs time to stabilise etc

comrade
20-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Actually I think you'll find the shoulder surgery will delay the running component, as it needs time to stabilise etc

How long will his shoulder affect his ability to run? Hopefully not long.

Charlie the Wonder Dog
21-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Fair dinkum this adds a new colour to Friday night.

I was super impressed with Dale before knowing this, now well.... words fail me.

Coon really looked hampered on Friday night and Murph was not as polished as I'd expect.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 12:53 PM
When does pre season training start for the doggies?

bornadog
21-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Dale Morris is all guts, what a great player.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Amazing effort that he was able to play as well as he did during this time, really impressive.

alwaysadog
23-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Amazing effort that he was able to play as well as he did during this time, really impressive.

No, no... didn't you read the press, St Nick was the only one doing it tough, whatever Dale suffered it could not have been comparable to St Nick's mind numbingly brave effort in even pulling on a boot. How dare you suggest that the media's love child was actually outpointed by someone doing it even tougher.

dsiciliano83
23-09-2009, 03:25 PM
How long will his shoulder affect his ability to run? Hopefully not long.

I just had a shoulder Reco. I was jogging, after 3weeks. Its now been nearly 8 weeks and nearly back to full pace. Having access to a physio everyday (i would assume) he would be at full tilt by December easy.