PDA

View Full Version : Versatile Andrejs Everitt almost certain to change clubs

The Coon Dog
21-09-2009, 08:29 AM
* Mark Stevens * From: Herald Sun * September 21, 2009 12:00AM

GRAND finalist St Kilda is one of several clubs showing interest in trading for Western Bulldog Andrejs Everitt.

Melbourne, Sydney, the Brisbane Lions and Carlton are also understood to be eyeing the versatile 21-year-old.

Everitt, considered promising enough by a retiring Chris Grant to hand over his No. 3 guernsey two years ago, now seems certain to be headed elsewhere. It will take a second-round pick, at least, to get the deal done.

There is speculation the Saints could be prepared to give up their first-round pick, 16 or 17, given the national draft pool is considered shallow.

Article in full... (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/versatile-andrejs-everitt-almost-certain-to-change-clubs/story-e6frf9n6-1225777244574)

Desipura
21-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Hall for our 4th round + Addison is probably how it will go. If other clubs are interested in Hall, we may have to reluctantly offer Addison as well.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Interesting. If the dogs can pick up two first rounders, my gut says we are going to have a serious crack at trading for someone.

chef
21-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Interesting. If the dogs can pick up two first rounders, my gut says we are going to have a serious crack at trading for someone.

Who do you have in mind?

bulldogtragic
21-09-2009, 09:16 AM
Who do you have in mind?
I think it could be a team needing to re-build. So perhaps Freo, Port, Sydney, Richmond.

Of those Pavlich is unlikely and don't have much else we want. Port, not sure they have what we're after. Sydney have White, but probably wouldn't deal. Richmond have Riewoldt, but i am personally not a fan.

But i would love to think there are some KPF's looking seriously at us right now, this would give us the bargaining power, although salary cap is a major issue...

Happy Days
21-09-2009, 09:42 AM

Agreed. Mentioned something similar on another thread.

Charlie the Wonder Dog
21-09-2009, 09:55 AM
A funny thing happened to me on the way to the game on Friday night.

I was in the queue at gate 6 and I mentioned to the mates I was with that Carlton was sniffing around Everitt.

Well who should be standing right next to me....none other that Brett Ratten!

Felt like a bit of a tool, my mate had a good chat to him on the way in was a nice bloke.

He said that he would prefer to get his hands on Higgins instead. :D

BulldogBelle
21-09-2009, 10:34 AM
First round pick or quality player for Everitt

The guy is a first round pick, has done his apprenticship, and is about to blossom, is under contract, and we loose him

He played some great games in his rookie year, and has played some other OK games since

Dancin' Douggy
21-09-2009, 10:35 AM
why the hell would we trade OUT a promising tall player? WHY??????????

BulldogBelle
21-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Hall needs to publically come out and state that his prefered club is the Dogs

Hopefully Fantasia and co have been proactive and negotiated a contract length and $$$s with him already

This would make my week

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 11:37 AM

I feel the same way, after his rd22 efforts I wanna see him up the ground more..obviously other clubs have seen his potential too.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't understand. Everyone in the media says he is now a 'certainty' to be leaving but there is still no real quotes from Eade, Fantasia, Everitt or his manager stating he is looking to leave. I'll say it over and over a draft pick for Everitt is overrated. There's always a lot of players in the draft that turn out to be duds.

Desipura
21-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't understand. Everyone in the media says he is now a 'certainty' to be leaving but there is still no real quotes from Eade, Fantasia, Everitt or his manager stating he is looking to leave. I'll say it over and over a draft pick for Everitt is overrated. There's always a lot of players in the draft that turn out to be duds.
You would think we would not trade Everitt unless we are going to ontrade that pick for a player we are targetting.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2009, 01:21 PM
That's why you package two first rounders together and go shopping. Everitt is no certainty to make it either. In all honesty, how would you rate his year against the expectancy of you, the club and himself?

chef
21-09-2009, 01:31 PM
That's why you package two first rounders together and go shopping. Everitt is no certainty to make it either. In all honesty, how would you rate his year against the expectancy of you, the club and himself?

A major let down and in all honesty I can see him and Hill fighting for the same position next year.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2009, 01:35 PM
A major let down and in all honesty I can see him and Hill fighting for the same position next year.
And should Hill win that battle, Everitt is worth sweet F&%K all next year. Sometimes you win with trades and sometimes you lose, it's like buying and selling shares when you 'think' it's optimum value is reached unless it's a blue chip (Everitt ain't a blue chipper). And of the two i think Hill is the more important too.

chef
21-09-2009, 01:40 PM
And should Hill win that battle, Everitt is worth sweet F&%K all next year. Sometimes you win with trades and sometimes you lose, it's like buying and selling shares when you 'think' it's optimum value is reached unless it's a blue chip (Everitt ain't a blue chipper). And of the two i think Hill is the more important too.

I agree and now is looking like the perfect time to sell.

lemmon
21-09-2009, 01:46 PM
He's a contracted player so we hold all the aces and to be honest I'm against trading out such a (potentially) quality player for a risky unknown.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 01:58 PM
i think we need to keep him but actually give him a proper chance rather than bringing him in for a few games here and there. the fact that he doesn't seem to have a permanent position has probably contributed to his up and down performances. i say we use him as a lead up forward like bobby. he has the speed, seems ok overhead and unlike the rest of our forward line, actually has some height.

as for the whole trading with carlton deal, i don't really see the point. there's no point getting a second round pick for him since the draft is supposed to be pretty shallow, and the only player they have that we would need is fev, but we all know that aint gonna happen.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 02:12 PM
What are the chances of the following three way between Port, Hawthorn and us. (Salery cap aside):

Basically pick 8, 9 and 15 and players Roughead, Burgoyne and Everitt change hands, resulting in:

1. Everitt to Port for pick 8
2. Picks 8 and 15 to Hawks for Roughead
3. Hawks on-trade Pick 9 and 15 to Port for Burgoyne.

Hawks: Pick 8 and Burgoyne.

Port: Picks 9 and 15 and Everitt

WB: Roughead

Dancin' Douggy
21-09-2009, 02:22 PM
What are the chances of the following three way between Port, Hawthorn and us. (Salery cap aside):

Basically pick 8, 9 and 15 and players Roughead, Burgoyne and Everitt change hands, resulting in:

I would do that in a heartbeat.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 02:23 PM
that deal will never happen. hawthorn would never give up roughead. the whole point of hawthorn trading so aggresively is to help them win another flag, and for that roughead is crucial. it would be a nice family reunion though.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2009, 03:10 PM

Not bad at all. Can't see Everitt going that high. Can't see Pelchan agreeing either. But a good effort.

Perhaps Everitt to St Kilda/Melbourne for pick 17 or 18 is more realistic.

Dogs trade: 15, 17/18 and 32 to Hawks for Roughy.

Hawks trade: 15 and 26 to Port for SB.

Hawks lose Roughy for two 1st rounders and a second rounder (decent compensation). Traded into SB (1st and their 2nd rounders) and pick 17/18 and 32. Leaving them 9, 17, 32 and SB.

Still far fetched...

GVGjr
21-09-2009, 05:58 PM

The only reason would be if the player doesn't want to be there. I'm not sure if this is the case but it would be strange for us to actively shop him around.

BulldogBelle
21-09-2009, 07:03 PM
The only reason would be if the player doesn't want to be there. I'm not sure if this is the case but it would be strange for us to actively shop him around.

Sorry if I'm not following something but....

How the hell did the Everitt rumour start anyhow???

Does he want to be at the WO or not?

I dont think he should go, and if he doesnt we need to get a decent established player ie Roughead (that wont happen unfortunately)

GVGjr
21-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Sorry if I'm not following something but....

How the hell did the Everitt rumour start anyhow???

Does he want to be at the WO or not?

I dont think he should go, and if he doesnt we need to get a decent established player ie Roughead (that wont happen unfortunately)

The first I heard about it was in the papers.

I think he should stay as well but if he wants to go why keep him?

comrade
21-09-2009, 08:01 PM

Even stranger that he signed a multi year deal about a month ago.

Something has gone down in the last few weeks, but thankfully we've got him stitched up and have some leverage in any trade dealings.

LostDoggy
21-09-2009, 08:13 PM
I don't understand. Everyone in the media says he is now a 'certainty' to be leaving but there is still no real quotes from Eade, Fantasia, Everitt or his manager stating he is looking to leave.

Totally agree, i am waiting for one of these things to occur.

Keepa Movin' Griff
21-09-2009, 08:45 PM
To trade Everitt seems ridiculous, they need to give him game time! As already mentioned this years draft is weak at best after 10, so we're only going to get a speculative for him anyway. Against Collingwood in Round 22 i really liked some of the things he did, he was backing himself which is half the battle, he looks an ideal replacement for Eagleton on the wing IMO.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Wasn't Everitt's draft a "super draft?"

If so, pretty disappointing if we end up trading Everitt for a pick in an average draft.

comrade
21-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Wasn't Everitt's draft a "super draft?"

If so, pretty disappointing if we end up trading Everitt for a pick in an average draft.

If I recall correctly, he was touted as a late 2nd rounder before Clayton picked him from the clouds so to speak.

And we all know how good Clayton's eye for key position players is :o

azabob
21-09-2009, 09:23 PM
If I recall correctly, he was touted as a late 2nd rounder before Clayton picked him from the clouds so to speak.

And we all know how good Clayton's eye for key position players is :o

Yep, especially since both Brown boys were picked either side of Everitt.

hujsh
22-09-2009, 01:27 PM

Loose Roughead for Burgoyne and only move up one spot in the draft? Not likely given the Hawks recent trading record

Cyberdoggie
22-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I say get rid of him, he's not worthy of the number 3 and if we can get something good for him then why not.

In all honesty he's not going to fit in at the Bulldogs. We don't really have a spot for him, and we have other players like Boumann that will surpase him next year.

He is contracted so it's not like we are forced to trade for him. If the deal is right then go for it.

I would also offer up Addison, Tiller, Stack for any potential good deals.

LostDoggy
22-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Loose Roughead for Burgoyne and only move up one spot in the draft? Not likely given the Hawks recent trading record

I can dream though :D

Before I Die
22-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I say get rid of him, he's not worthy of the number 3 and if we can get something good for him then why not.

In all honesty he's not going to fit in at the Bulldogs. We don't really have a spot for him, and we have other players like Boumann that will surpase him next year.

He is contracted so it's not like we are forced to trade for him. If the deal is right then go for it.

12 months ago Everitt was the Golden Boy. This year he has been disappointing, but didn't get more games only because he was competing with Morris, Hargrave, Gilbee and Williams in a side which should be playing in the GF. Now we apparently have a new Chosen One who is yet to play a senior game, not to mention "other players of similar ilk".

I would only, and I stress only, trade Everitt if it is part of a deal to get an elite, experienced player. If you were to rank tall potential KPPs that we have recruited over the last 10 years (not including our current unproven kids) I think you would find Everitt very close to the top. What makes people think we could improve on him in this year's draft which is acknowledged to be very shallow for KPPs.

None of Boumann, Grant, Cordy or Roughead have shown the potential Everitt showed in his first year.

Mofra
22-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Yep, especially since both Brown boys were picked either side of Everitt.
Jack Riewoldt two spots later hurts. I like his hands.

Sedat
22-09-2009, 04:59 PM
12 months ago Everitt was the Golden Boy. This year he has been disappointing, but didn't get more games only because he was competing with Morris, Hargrave, Gilbee and Williams in a side which should be playing in the GF. Now we apparently have a new Chosen One who is yet to play a senior game, not to mention "other players of similar ilk".

I would only, and I stress only, trade Everitt if it is part of a deal to get an elite, experienced player. If you were to rank tall potential KPPs that we have recruited over the last 10 years (not including our current unproven kids) I think you would find Everitt very close to the top. What makes people think we could improve on him in this year's draft which is acknowledged to be very shallow for KPPs.

None of Boumann, Grant, Cordy or Roughead have shown the potential Everitt showed in his first year.
Only thing I disagree with is that Everitt has never shown much potential as a KPP. His fantastic first 9 games in 2007 were as a running linkman in the midfield. He has actually been quite disappointing to date when assigned a role as a key defender in the past. A lot of that has to do with his age, but the main knock on him is his lack of intensity, which isn't something that can be easily taught. My concern with trading him is that he is bottom age and only 3 years in the system, and is on the brink of blossoming. Again, I'll back the MC and their perspectives on this issue, as they live and breath the players on a daily basis.

Mantis
22-09-2009, 05:03 PM

What in your mind is a good deal? Or perhaps even a type of player/s we should be looking to trade for?

comrade
22-09-2009, 05:11 PM

I think Stack has plenty to offer next year as a mid-sized forward who can move into the midfield.

He moves as well as any one on our list, has a very good leap and is prone to doing some special things (and silly things too).

We’ve put a lot of time and effort into his development over the past 3 years – next year we should start reaping the benefits.

Topdog
22-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Unless we trade him (or the pick we get) for an established very good KPF then I say no with a capital NO. 3 years into the system and already has some games under his belt. His time to really blossom is the next 2 years, hold until the end of the contract at worst.

The Bulldogs Bite
22-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Unless we trade him (or the pick we get) for an established very good KPF then I say no with a capital NO. 3 years into the system and already has some games under his belt. His time to really blossom is the next 2 years, hold until the end of the contract at worst.

Apparently according to SEN Everitt/Rocket had a falling out, which is why Everitt is looking for a trade. Take that information with a grain of salt, but if it's true, I wouldn't be too happy with Eade's list management in the past two years.

That would mean both Ray and Everitt have left because they haven't been able to sort out any differences with the coach. Ray's had a solid season with St. Kilda and might be apart of a Premiership. Everitt has obvious talent and is only coming into his own from 2010 onwards.

Let's hope this is a beat-up, unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

GVGjr
22-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Jack Riewoldt two spots later hurts. I like his hands.

He's gotten better each year and now has all the making a good key forward. He will probably never be a star player but he would fit our side nicely.

comrade
22-09-2009, 05:51 PM
He's gotten better each year and now has all the making a good key forward. He will probably never be a star player but he would fit our side nicely.

In all honesty, we probably would've played him in defence or at least further up the ground in the interest of 'developing' his game.

If the Etihad deal holds up, I’m hoping we can snare a development coach who specializes in getting the best out of forwards/key position players.

GVGjr
22-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Apparently according to SEN Everitt/Rocket had a falling out, which is why Everitt is looking for a trade. Take that information with a grain of salt, but if it's true, I wouldn't be too happy with Eade's list management in the past two years.

That would mean both Ray and Everitt have left because they haven't been able to sort out any differences with the coach. Ray's had a solid season with St. Kilda and might be apart of a Premiership. Everitt has obvious talent and is only coming into his own from 2010 onwards.

Something has changed in the last few weeks but who really knows if SEN have reported it right.
More information will come out soon enough

bulldogtragic
22-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Something has changed in the last few weeks but who really knows if SEN have reported it right.
More information will come out soon enough
I don't take anything on SEN as gospel, but if true, is it just Eade's style or do we have a few soft charachters which can't take some honest feedback?

GVGjr
22-09-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't take anything on SEN as gospel, but if true, is it just Eade's style or do we have a few soft charachters which can't take some honest feedback?

I believe Rays gripe was the feeling that the coach didn't value him and that's why he wanted to go to the Saints which from his perspective was the right move. I always felt that Eade didn't have a plan on how to use Ray effectively.

Perhaps Everitt has come to the same conclusion and wants out now.
Hopefully he will see the light but I did hear on Saturday that a couple of clubs were keen on him and that he "was on the market"
The reports in the paper seem to support that.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I believe Rays gripe was the feeling that the coach didn't value him and that's why he wanted to go to the Saints which from his perspective was the right move. I always felt that Eade didn't have a plan on how to use Ray effectively.

Perhaps Everitt has come to the same conclusion and wants out now.
Hopefully he will see the light but I did hear on Saturday that a couple of clubs were keen on him and that he "was on the market"
The reports in the paper seem to support that.
Thanks GVGjr. Then the question is what's been happening at Willi? Surely Everitt should have been given opportunities to play most positions to see where he fits in, i'm not too sure that's the case though (although please correct me). If Eade doesn't believe he's seen enough of Everitt succeeding in other positions then i think the issue goes to development and the alignment. I'd hate this to be a reason why we are losing player/s.

hujsh
23-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Josh Kennedy didn't do much at Carlton or even the Bullants for his 1st 3 years and who wouldn't put him in our team now.

We'll never develop a Key forward if we can't show some faith and patience.

Desipura
23-09-2009, 03:37 PM

Ray and Eade had a very heated discussion after the Hawks game, so much so that my source told me then that Ray was not going to be playing with us the following year. I shared this info with fellow woofers at the time.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 03:42 PM

Bemuses me as well .... valuable player for the future

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Ray and Eade had a very heated discussion after the Hawks game, so much so that my source told me then that Ray was not going to be playing with us the following year. I shared this info with fellow woofers at the time.

He did play terribly in that qualifying final last year, but had many mates. I thought the club kept on saying last year that Ray was a required player and they did everything to keep him, but he wanted to go. Is that right?

I'd be gutted if we lose Everitt he is going to be very good and has a lot of talent, it's a shame is we lose him.

Desipura
24-09-2009, 10:09 AM
He did play terribly in that qualifying final last year, but had many mates. I thought the club kept on saying last year that Ray was a required player and they did everything to keep him, but he wanted to go. Is that right?

We may have come out and said he was a required player, not too sure we did everything to keep him.

EasternWest
24-09-2009, 11:48 AM

I don't think Ray's season has been any better or worse at the Saints than at ours. I just think his role there suits him more. At the Dogs, we trusted him to be on the end of the link ups and carry the ball. If you'll notice at the Saints, he always looks to handball to the running player, because he can'tkick. I'm not knocking the boy, his move to St Kilda was good for both parties and he fits in better there. He seemed like a good kid and I always liked his application, but he has poor skills and decision making. The Saints have turned him into a decent player there because they have removed the requirement for him to rely on either of those problem areas. It was hugely noticeable in the PF what his problems were. As we knew his game, when he got the ball, we just gave him space and forced him to kick.

Oh, back on course. If the price is right for Everitt then trade him, but I'd really rather keep him.

Desipura
24-09-2009, 11:52 AM

Wont happen, Everitt is not worth pick 8

Jasper
24-09-2009, 03:48 PM
said in the Age today doggies will more than likely trade skinny for pick 27, I hope this is not true

aker39
24-09-2009, 03:54 PM
said in the Age today doggies will more than likely trade skinny for pick 27, I hope this is not true

It aint.

Desipura
24-09-2009, 03:56 PM
It aint.
care to elaborate?

bornadog
24-09-2009, 04:02 PM
care to elaborate?

not for pick 27 that is for sure

The Coon Dog
24-09-2009, 04:02 PM
care to elaborate?

He's contracted for 2 years, 6 clubs interested.

He stays, or we trade him, but at a much lower number than 27.

Desipura
24-09-2009, 04:03 PM
He's contracted for 2 years, 6 clubs interested.

He stays, or we trade him, but at a much lower number than 27.
thanks, just thought Aker39 knew a bit more......

LostDoggy
28-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I am glad the talk of this, has gone away for the moment.

Desipura
29-09-2009, 08:20 AM
I am glad the talk of this, has gone away for the moment.
Has it? I heard on SEN this morning from Jake Niall that he is definately leaving. Not that anything is definate until it is confirmed

LostDoggy
29-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Has it? I heard on SEN this morning from Jake Niall that he is definately leaving. Not that anything is definate until it is confirmed

Definete means certain mean confirmed?

Studentlib
29-09-2009, 10:13 AM
[URL="http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26137439-5012432,00.html"]

Greg Denham in this article today says "by mutual consent" between the club and Everitt he will be traded if a deal can be done. Is this a case of reporters reporting on what other reporters have said to them? Who is his manager?

Mantis
29-09-2009, 10:30 AM
[URL="http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26137439-5012432,00.html"]]

Greg Denham in this article today says "by mutual consent" between the club and Everitt he will be traded if a deal can be done. Is this a case of reporters reporting on what other reporters have said to them? Who is his manager?

Ricky Nixon

The Coon Dog
29-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Both Rick's (Olerenshaw & Nixon) spelt with a silent P! ;)

LostDoggy
29-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Thinking about it more, and if those reports are true.

I would rather get rid of Everitt, and not have someone at the club who doesn't want to be there.

Desipura
29-09-2009, 11:35 AM

I would rather get rid of Everitt, and not have someone at the club who doesn't want to be there.
The Australian is reporting that St Kilda are showing interest in Everitt. I wonder if they are so interested that they would offer us their 1st round pick (their 2nd pick would be too low). Other clubs are circling for him so that should bump up our bargaining power.
It seems that we only want a draft pick for him.

Mantis
29-09-2009, 11:45 AM
The Australian is reporting that St Kilda are showing interest in Everitt. I wonder if they are so interested that they would offer us their 1st round pick (their 2nd pick would be too low). Other clubs are circling for him so that should bump up our bargaining power.
It seems that we only want a draft pick for him.

St.Kilda's rd 2 pick wouldn't get this deal done. If they were happy to trade their 1st rd pick I'm sure we would look at it.

Personally I wouldn't want to try and make St.Kilda's team any stronger (possibly)

comrade
29-09-2009, 12:03 PM
St.Kilda's rd 2 pick wouldn't get this deal done. If they were happy to trade their 1st rd pick I'm sure we would look at it.

Personally I wouldn't want to try and make St.Kilda's team any stronger (possibly)

He'd thrive in their backline, IMO.

Desipura
29-09-2009, 12:13 PM

I totally agree. Its a good thing he played well in that last game against Collingwood as alot of people were watching, I think it has increased his market value as a result.
Lets be honest, he has hardly been carving it up at Williamstown prior to this.

Rocco Jones
29-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I think Eade has pigeon holed him a bit (Everitt's lack of a tank doesn't help of course). If the trade was to occur, the thing I would find disappointing while he has struggled, we have only really used in in one role (3rd tall defender).

Lyon/Saints are great at getting run off their HBF through players like Fisher, Goddard, Gilbert and Gram. I think Dre would fit right in.

boydogs
29-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Because they have Dawson, Goddard, Fisher, Blake & Gilbert that can all play KP. We have Williams still learning and playing about 50% of games with injuries, Lake who we like to have against a smaller opponent to be 3rd man up and Morris who struggles against the bigger ones. He is an attacking player, we already have Hargrave, Gilbee and Harbrow rebounding out of defense but the Saints could use him to drive out of defense and set up more scoring opportunities

comrade
29-09-2009, 07:14 PM
As a group, St Kilda have nailed the defensive press that forces opposition teams to haphazardly enter the forward 50. Rarely are St Kilda defenders caught one out, and there is always someone spreading once the ball hits the ground to provide the outlet.

This would suit Everitt to a tee, compared to our defensive structure which is much more reliant on one on one contests which has proven beyond Dre to date.

ledge
29-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Hows this, Everitt for Goddard?

comrade
29-09-2009, 07:26 PM

That's a BigFooty trade if I've ever seen one.

Why not Everitt for Riewoldt? :cool:

GVGjr
29-09-2009, 07:32 PM

Any you think the Saints will consider this because?

LostDoggy
29-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Just a quick question.

Who would you take from Carlton in the Everitt trade, Fisher or Walker?

And would it be out of possibility, that we would be able to bring Waite across from the blues.

Sockeye Salmon
29-09-2009, 07:46 PM
That's a BigFooty trade if I've ever seen one.

Why not Everitt for Riewoldt? :cool:

No way! Everitt is taller and younger! Everyone knows it's got nothing to do with how good you are, it's all about how tall you are and being able to say "we're the youngest team in the league".

chef
29-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Just a quick question.

And would it be out of possibility, that we would be able to bring Waite across from the blues.

Austin, Browne, Grigg or Setanta IMO.

No chance of Walker or Waite.

LostDoggy
29-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Austin, Browne, Grigg or Setanta IMO.

No chance of Walker or Waite.

Setanta could probably be an option, considering we were keen to get him last year.

Wasn't Walker already linked to the trade deal for Everitt?

chef
29-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Setanta could probably be an option, considering we were keen to get him last year.

I know for a fact that Walkers(from his lips) not going anywhere.

I wouldn't mind Setanta.

LostDoggy
29-09-2009, 07:53 PM
I know for a fact that Walkers(from his lips) not going anywhere.

I wouldn't mind Setanta.

Ok no worries, wouldn't mind Walker to be honest.

Setanta could be very handy, has size & can play a range of positions.

Rocco Jones
29-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Just a quick question.

Fisher is a medium tall forward who can't get a game in a team desperate for his type of player.

I believe Walker has just signed a new contract with the Blues, could be wrong.

Waite- no way. He one of their most valuable/best players. Never heard of there being any issues with him at the club, his old man even played for the club. It would take a massive deal to get him to leave.

chef
29-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok no worries, wouldn't mind Walker to be honest.

Setanta could be very handy, has size & can play a range of positions.

Me too, but unfortunately he's very happy at the Blues(and Ratten loves him).

Signed for another two years last week, Rocco.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Surely Carlton aren't the only club chasing Everitt. I'm tired of hearing/reading about the same tiresome offers coming our way for him. Fisher's a dud of the highest order. Austin, Grigg and Setanta have some value if they're accompanied with a pick.

I'd like to hear what other clubs would be willing to offer though. Just because Carlton are reported as being 'most interested', doesn't mean there aren't better offers.

If we trade Everitt, we need a quality player in return or a Top 20 pick. It'd be silly to trade him for the sake of it. If there's any problem between player/club - I'd hope we have the ability to sit down and work it out. Trading out tall, young potential talents is the last thing this club should be doing.

Mantis
29-09-2009, 08:45 PM
He'd thrive in their backline, IMO.

He wouldn't get a game in their backline.

lemmon
29-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Perhaps Brisbane may be interested with their lack of backline depth, apart from perhaps St Kilda and Geelong they are the only team off the top of my head who may be prepared to offer what we want. To be honest my favoured result is keeping skinny.

bulldogtragic
29-09-2009, 09:36 PM

Who was keen on Setanta?

LostDoggy
29-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Who was keen on Setanta?

There was talk of a swap last year, involving Ray.

LostDoggy
29-09-2009, 10:34 PM

By who?
Stop reading BF.

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2009, 12:01 AM

We had precisely zero interest in Setanta, take that as gospel.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 07:41 AM
By who?
Stop reading BF.

I don't read BF.

I know a deal for Setanta & a swap for Ray was rejected by the club, but i thought they still had interest.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 07:53 AM
I don't read BF.

I know a deal for Setanta & a swap for Ray was rejected by the club, but i thought they still had interest.

Who told you this cos its rubbish?
Every year Carlton throws up Setanta's name as trade bait. Not once have we wanted to deal for him. He is a dud.

Topdog
30-09-2009, 08:04 AM
He wouldn't get a game in their backline.

He'd get a game ahead of Raph Clarke.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2009, 08:45 AM
If Melbourne's interest is true, let's to try to get Aaron Davey with a mix of picks (if the cap can be stretched, or another player moved on to make room). The HUN reports he is non-committal about re-joining Melbourne. That would get me a little happier about Everitt going...

bulldogtragic
30-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Ernie and SS stole my thunder.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I thought we were interested, yet couldn't agree to a trade.

I could be wrong.

Setanta O'hAilpin at the Western Bulldogs hoping for a straight swap for Farren Ray, but a friendly connection had the final say.

Once the Bulldogs rejected the Blues' offer for Ray, St Kilda and its football manager Matthew Drain took the front running.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/saints-pounce-on-ray-of-light/story-e6frf9n6-1111117721242

Desipura
30-09-2009, 09:35 AM

I could be wrong.
There is no mention of us ever being interested. We refused the trade, so how did you come to the conclusion that we were interested?

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 09:56 AM
There is no mention of us ever being interested. We refused the trade, so how did you come to the conclusion that we were interested?

From here.

Mark Robinson
October 06, 2008

CARLTON'S Irish experiment with the O'hAilpin brothers could be over.

Setanta and younger brother Aisake appear to be on the market after day one of trade week, with the Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide showing interest in 25-year-old Setanta.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24457433-5016212,00.html

Desipura
30-09-2009, 09:58 AM
If we were interested, the deal would have been done. There are some people "in the know" on this forum. If I were a betting man, I would go by their version over Mark Robinson's especially where Bulldogs players are involved.

bulldogtragic
30-09-2009, 10:07 AM

I could be wrong.
Again JH40, there are some very good people on this forum who are very well connected and informed. It's a matter of belief systems. I don't beleive the newspapers, I beleive many of the people on this forum who have shown a track record of having the good oil. There's an old saying about having two ears and one mouth, so use them in that proportion. This is true for WOOF. If you work out who has reliable and ongoing info, listen, don't talk. You will then be surprised just how informed you might just be.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 11:38 AM

The question is why has the relationship fractured so soon after re-signing. I am not filled with confidence that Rocket handles our developing players well.

strebla
30-09-2009, 11:47 AM
The question is why has the relationship fractured so soon after re-signing. I am not filled with confidence that Rocket handles our developing players well.

Or possibly the developing players think they are a walk up start every week time must be served when you are on a strong and ageing list. His time will come he just needs to be patient and honest with himself!

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 11:55 AM
If Melbourne's interest is true, let's to try to get Aaron Davey with a mix of picks (if the cap can be stretched, or another player moved on to make room). The HUN reports he is non-committal about re-joining Melbourne. That would get me a little happier about Everitt going...

Me thinking this also.

Would be a win-win if all parties can agree to terms.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Doesn't Davey want around $600,000 per year?

I think i heard on the radio that was his asking price, not many clubs would fork out that much.

bornadog
30-09-2009, 01:30 PM

I think i heard on the radio that was his asking price, not many clubs would fork that out much.

Yes he wants that over 4 years, ie a total of around $2.3 million

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 02:19 PM

I think i heard on the radio that was his asking price, not many clubs would fork out that much.

When did he morph into G Ablett?

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2009, 02:45 PM
From here.

I asked the question directly at the time and got a laugh as a response.We were never interested a bit.

I'm convinced the media either get fed bullshit intentionally by the player managers trying to help their own cause or simply make stuff up.

It was reported earlier this year that we were interested in Marcus Drum. The reply I got was,"I'd rather Damian Drum".

Don't believe everything you read this time of year. Journo's read BigFooty too.

Sockeye Salmon
30-09-2009, 02:50 PM

I actually think Rocket handles fringe players brilliantly.

I am on record as being passionately against trading. My main issue is how do you ask for passion and loyalty if you are going to pimp blokes around to the highest bidder?

Have a look at the blokes who have wanted out recently - McMahon, Power, Everitt... Common link? All lack hardness and intensity that doesn't fit in with Rocket's style.

I think Rocket deliberately upsets blokes he want to be shot of so that to the rest of the team it looks like they want out rather than the club offering them about.

LostDoggy
30-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Don't believe everything you read this time of year. Journo's read BigFooty too.

They clearly read WOOF too.

It's amazing the number of times stuff we make up in speculation finds its way into the papers in its original (unsubstantiated and unresearched) form!

bulldogtragic
30-09-2009, 04:13 PM
They clearly read WOOF too.

It's amazing the number of times stuff we make up in speculation finds its way into the papers in its original (unsubstantiated and unresearched) form!
And threads about hitting the post too :)

AndrewP6
09-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Guess this didn't amount to anything?

Doc26
16-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Guess this didn't amount to anything?

For which I'm very pleased about although there was a bit more than just speculation to this story. For a contracted player to be permitted by the club to be interviewed by at least 2 clubs I know of indicates the club was at least open to the idea of a trade. Very pleased that the club held their ground and didn't fire sale Dre. The salary cap pressure must've made it tempting.

strebla
17-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Dre should feel really satisfied that we did our best but that other clubs didn't rate him as highly as we do hope he pulls his finger out now !!

LostDoggy
17-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm very glad we kept Dre hopefully he has a big Pre-Season and a cracking 2010

bornadog
17-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm very glad we kept Dre hopefully he has a big Pre-Season and a cracking 2010

Well hopefully he matures in the head and finds some passion to play at the highest level. He has to realize he has an opportunity that thousands of kids out their don't get.