PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad.

bulldogtragic
22-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Watching the St Kilda training and seeing 10,000 fans in RW&B(lack) turn up and the excitement and anticipation just really, really stung me now. We missed our shot, we should have been down the Whitten Oval 30 fans deep around the ground singing the song and screaming for the players. Just as a thought the pain, frustration and upset from the weekend was gone, it all came back in an instance. I don't think i'm going to enjoy this week at all. I'm just plain sad when I see what we could be doing this week, "if only". This game can give so much, and take and hurt so much too. :(

Desipura
22-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Watching the St Kilda training and seeing 10,000 fans in RW&B(lack) turn up and the excitement and anticipation just really, really stung me now. We missed our shot, we should have been down the Whitten Oval 30 fans deep around the ground singing the song and screaming for the players. Just as a thought the pain, frustration and upset from the weekend was gone, it all came back in an instance. I don't think i'm going to enjoy this week at all. I'm just plain sad when I see what we could be doing this week, "if only". This game can give so much, and take and hurt so much too. :(
Did it take you this long for it to sink in?

bulldogtragic
22-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Did it take you this long for it to sink in?
No. But i thought i was moving on, although i haven't slept a decent night's sleep since last Thursday night. It was hurting, but just seeing the images from Moorabbin really turned it from hurt to absolute sadness and despondency having to see what we could have had if things were different.

W W Biscuit
22-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Cheer up :) This time around, I really do think that we are set for a genuine shot at the flag in the next 2-3 years. I was nowhere near as confident after the 98 Prelim loss. This is only the beginning, bulldogtragic. There are no guarantees of course, but I have never been as optimistic. GF week 2010 will be awash with red, white and blue.

strebla
22-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Cheer up :) This time around, I really do think that we are set for a genuine shot at the flag in the next 2-3 years. I was nowhere near as confident after the 98 Prelim loss. This is only the beginning, bulldogtragic. There are no guarantees of course, but I have never been as optimistic. GF week 2010 will be awash with red, white and blue.

Please can I have a garantee????

The Coon Dog
22-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Please can I have a garantee????

Only if you can spell it correctly! ;)

LostDoggy
22-09-2009, 09:19 PM

I agree and I believe. Last friday has given me more belief than anything else - despite the initial 3 days of grieving.
Bring on trade week and next season!!

strebla
22-09-2009, 09:22 PM
BANG! ha.

I can never get anything past the Coon Dog!!!!

mel
22-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I can never get anything past the Coon Dog!!!!

he is very sharp Hollywood.....imagine what its like around the table at dinner time for the kids!!:D

jazzadogs
22-09-2009, 11:22 PM
he is very sharp Hollywood.....imagine what its like around the table at dinner time for the kids!!:D
"Me and Timmy were playing footy today..."
"Timmy and I Coon Pup, Timmy and I!"

LostDoggy
22-09-2009, 11:43 PM
If any number is synomonous with our club, it is the number '7' - which is how many preliminary finals we will play next time. Cheer up -imagine if we were Collingwood, all cocky and thinking that they were a real chance for the flag this year, if you listen to the players on the radio. How gutted would they feel? At least we know we are up there with the best.

jazzadogs
23-09-2009, 01:03 AM
If any number is synomonous with our club, it is the number '7' - which is how many preliminary finals we will play next time. Cheer up -imagine if we were Collingwood, all cocky and thinking that they were a real chance for the flag this year, if you listen to the players on the radio. How gutted would they feel? At least we know we are up there with the best.
We correctly thought we were a real chance for a flag this year too. Without that mindset, you wouldn't have a chance...I don't like Collingwood, but it's fair enough that their players thought they had a shot.

ratsmac
23-09-2009, 10:35 AM
"me and timmy were playing footy today..."
"timmy and i coon pup, timmy and i!"

lol.

chef
23-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm not sad, I feel robbed.:mad:

bornadog
23-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I have moved on to thinking about next year

strebla
23-09-2009, 07:44 PM

Can you not read Mel my name is Strebla :rolleyes: