PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs MVP as voted by fans - have you voted?

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Just found this on the Western Bulldogs website and it was the first I'd heard about it (apologies if this has already been mentioned on woof but I couldn't find a thread relating to it):

The Western Bulldogs are extremely pleased to present a new award at this year’s Charles Sutton Medal - The Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award, proudly presented by Bulldogs Travel.

For the first time in the Club’s history, our valued members and supporters will have the opportunity to nominate who they believe to be the “MVP” for season 2009. This exciting award is the first in the Club’s history as nominated by you, the public. You get to determine who you believed was the player we simply couldn’t have done without this season!

To vote, go here
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vote%20for%20your%20mvp/tabid/15070/default.aspx

Be quick as voting closes at 5pm Thursday 24th September, 2009.

The Coon Dog
23-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Done, voted for Brian Lake.

Ozza
23-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Done, voted for Brian Lake.

As did I.

ratsmac
23-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I voted for Jarrod Harbrow

neodog
23-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Lakey got my vote also.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I voted for Bryzaaaa.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Lake for me

AndrewP6
23-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Bryzaaaa!

lemmon
23-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Boydy got my vote

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Lakey all the way

BulldogBelle
23-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Went Lake, just over Harbrow.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Lakey

Like plenty have also! Go Bryza.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Must be Lake

boydogs
23-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Has to be the WOOF Marmo award winner Matthew Boyd :)
Polled the most of any WB player at the Brownlow too

KT31
24-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Boyd just over Lake for me.

Max469
24-09-2009, 08:21 PM
done, voted for brian lake.

same

Doc26
24-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Boydy for me but would fear losing Lake nee Harris more than anyone else

Mantis
24-09-2009, 09:41 PM

So doesn't that mean that Lake is our 'Most Valuable Player'??

BulldogBelle
24-09-2009, 10:17 PM
M.Boyd

Doc26
24-09-2009, 10:20 PM

Mantis, you are indeed living up to your name and will have to be on my toes it seems.

I tend to associate the MVP award with best player for a season (or most valued by his on field performances). Was more than happy with Crossy being awarded our 'B&F' last year but still would've regarded Lake as the player we could least afford to have lost. So for me is more to do with performance during the season rather than who is most irreplaceable.

Rightfully so, GAJ has been awarded league MVP last 3 years running although those at Geelong would put Scarlett right up there with GAJ on the 'value' stakes.

Technically though Lake would be most valuable simply because he's that much harder to replace.

boydogs
25-09-2009, 01:14 AM

Mantis, you are indeed living up to your name and will have to be on my toes it seems.

I tend to associate the MVP award with best player for a season (or most valued by his on field performances). Was more than happy with Crossy being awarded our 'B&F' last year but still would've regarded Lake as the player we could least afford to have lost. So for me is more to do with performance during the season rather than who is most irreplaceable.

Rightfully so, GAJ has been awarded league MVP last 3 years running although those at Geelong would put Scarlett right up there with GAJ on the 'value' stakes.

Technically though Lake would be most valuable simply because he's that much harder to replace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_valuable_player

In sports, a Most Valuable Player (MVP) award is an honor typically bestowed upon the best performing player or players on a specific team, in an entire league, or for a particular contest or series of contests.

In the Australian Football League, the AFL Players Association awards a "Most Valuable Player" award now known as the Leigh Matthews Trophy, voted by peers and considered by many observers of the game to be more indicative of the Best and Fairest player than the Brownlow Medal

I think the above definition covers the practical interpretation of MVP. You could argue it is highest paid player, player that contributed the most relative to their salary (value for money), most irreplacable etc. however it is really a performance based thing

hujsh
25-09-2009, 01:59 AM
I believe the most valuable player to be the player who is most valued by his team. In our case Lake would be our most valuable player and Boyd would be our best performed player (subject to opinion)

I wouldn't place much emphasis on a Wikipedia definition likely written by someone who doesn't have any more idea than we do.