PDA

View Full Version : To The De-Listees: Goodbye and Thanks!

bulldogtragic
23-09-2009, 10:40 AM
To Wayde, Paul, Cameron and Scott, in particular.

Thank-you for your service to the WBFC and all the best for your future whatever that holds for you in life.

The Underdog
23-09-2009, 10:45 AM
To Wayde, Paul, Cameron and Scott, in particular.

Thank-you for your service to the WBFC and all the best for your future whatever that holds for you in life.

Which if they've learnt anything over the past however many years is probably avoiding internet forums.
But yeah thanks, especially to Scott Welsh of whom I'll forever have the image of him relentlessly bashing into Sam Gilbert 50 metres off the ball and being continually held onto by his opponent as he attempted to lead from 100m away (you know, the stuff guys named Riewoldt get free kicks for).

EasternWest
23-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I really like Scott Welsh. A clever footballer with good hands who generally made good decisions.
I also really liked the big Skip. He was clearly just a step below AFL level, but he tried his heart out.
It's a real shame for Cam Wight that he didn't make it. As a specimen, he was close to the total package.
I never saw much of O'Shea, except for really the PS game V Essendon. I commented to my mate that the Sam Power haircut would be the death of him at our club.
Nonetheless, good luck to all four of them. Thanks for your efforts.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Does anyone think O'Shea will get a crack somewher eelse? Maybe the new GC team?

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Does anyone think O'Shea will get a crack somewher eelse? Maybe the new GC team?

I doubt it

bulldogtragic
23-09-2009, 07:48 PM
There's a new local club opening up on the Gold Coast? First i've heard.

GVGjr
23-09-2009, 11:05 PM
I wonder if there will be any more announced in the next few days?
It will be interesting to see what we do with Mulligan, Shaw, White, Daniels and Ogle.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Atleast one or two will have go you'd think

Mantis
24-09-2009, 09:17 AM
It will be interesting to see what we do with Mulligan, Shaw, White, Daniels and Ogle.

As part of the NSW program do we have to keep Ogle on for a minimum of 2 years? He seems a long way back so if there is no requirement to we may look to invest our time & resources into a more developed player.

I would think the Shaw and White would be moved on, but with Skip being moved on it will be interesting to see what strategies we have in regards to the rucking set-up.

Mulligan has some good raw attributes and we really need to get him fit to show us if he has the tools to make it. At worst if we keep him for one more year and it doesn't go to plan we could always try and off-load him to the GC.

Desipura
24-09-2009, 09:56 AM
I doubt it
Why not Kempino? What do you see as O'Shea's weakness?

Sockeye Salmon
24-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Why not Kempino? What do you see as O'Shea's weakness?

Jesse Wells-itis.