PDA

View Full Version : 4 Down. Whose will go now?

bulldogtragic
23-09-2009, 06:15 PM
YOU CAN MULTI SELECT!!!

I'm of the view at least 6 need to move.

Hall and Picken to take 2 spots. Perhaps one of Mully, White or Shaw (or another player) will snag another. Leaving 3 picks. This is the minimum draft picks IMO.

So for me two more players need to make room.

EDIT: Some how i changed my mind while voting. With Johno, Aker and Hudson possibly retiring next year, and if we get Hall perhaps him too if we win the big dance, another year for Eagleton would mean 5 retirements from our 22. That's too high and I think age is catching Nathan a little. Everitt seems destined to go from he rumour mungering and Ocka is destined for another home for sure.

chef
23-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Everitt traded and Eagleton retired for me.

comrade
23-09-2009, 06:34 PM
I said Everitt and O’Keefe traded out – both seem like monties in my opinion.

Eagleton to get a 1 year contract, which will hopefully be spent at Williamstown for most of the year (meaning at least one of our kids has stood up)

Topdog
23-09-2009, 06:44 PM
How is Lake on the list?

azabob
23-09-2009, 07:39 PM
How is Lake on the list?

Probably cause he hasn't signed yet?

bulldogtragic
23-09-2009, 07:41 PM
How is Lake on the list?
I created 8 spots and i needed to fill the last spot. And yes Bob, because he hasn't signed yet. But i would think and hope he ain't going anywhere.

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 07:47 PM
From that list, eags retired and Ocka traded.

I dont want Lynchy to go anywhere.

AndrewP6
23-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Everitt and O'Keefe... I personally would rather Everitt stay, but the jungle drums are beating...

lemmon
23-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Why is there so much certainty that Everitt is leaving? No comment from the club, his manager or Everitt himself and the only evidence is from a few newspaper articles, granted one was from Stevens.

Popcorn Chicken
23-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Retire Eagle
Trade O'Keefe
Delist Lynch

LostDoggy
23-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Do you think Lynch would be worth anything on the Trade Market

Mantis
24-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I said Everitt and O’Keefe traded out – both seem like monties in my opinion.

Eagleton to get a 1 year contract, which will hopefully be spent at Williamstown for most of the year (meaning at least one of our kids has stood up)

If we were to keep Eagleton on a 1 year contract we would have to be confident that he would be a regular fixture in the Bulldogs colours for the entire season. I don't see the point in paying him to be a Williamstown regular when we could be spending that money and time on a young player.

Mofra
24-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Doesn't anyone else find this thread a little insensitive or embarassing?

"Who else will get sacked, yay!"

soupman
24-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Hall and Picken to take 2 spots. Perhaps one of Mully, White or Shaw (or another player) will snag another. Leaving 3 picks. This is the minimum draft picks IMO.

Not anymore. For the next few years, because of the compromised drafts a rookie elevation counts as a list change. So you still need 3 list changes, it's just they don't all have to be through the ND. Picken counts as one, and so does Mulligna/Shaw/White if they get promoted.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2009, 11:51 AM
There is a little bit of that Mofra, but I also think we're dealing with reality too & discussing a fundamental component of our football club; the players, but in a rational manner too.
I think that is the key point TCD. The conversation so far is not "they're shit, delist the spuds" or "yeh they're going", it's a pragmatic, reasonable and realistic conversation about list management. It's been an honest and respectful conversation about a fundamental process in the development of the club. I have created another thread thanking the players who have been moved on.

LostDoggy
24-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I really hope we keep hold of Everitt and play in a wing / half forward role next year!