PDA

View Full Version : Murph Article - Waking to reality

The Coon Dog
24-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Robert Murphy | September 24, 2009

For the Western Bulldogs, the season is done but life, and the game, goes on.

THAT hurricane I wrote of last week, the one that hissed and whistled around us but had been kept at bay by the inner sanctum of Bulldog folk, finally broke the banks of that protective outer layer as the final siren sounded on Friday night.

Slumped and dejected on the dirt of the MCG, surrounded by jubilant Saints, the high winds descended on me and my Bulldogs. With no fight left in our bodies, the gale picked us up and, before we knew it, we had become a part of the twister.

Article in full... (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/waking-to-reality/2009/09/23/1253385038104.html)

LostDoggy
24-09-2009, 10:34 AM
It made me feel sad, and the bit where he mentions about Riewoldt "Past flailing limbs he kicked the hearts of all Bulldogs people on Friday" hurts, because it's the truth.

EasternWest
24-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I love Muph's articles. I love his wry humour and bittersweet nostalgia.

LostDoggy
24-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Murph, he is the peoples poet.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2009, 02:33 PM
The man has many talents. A very special person in deed. The only good thing about the season ending is the guy who calls SEN after every game wanting Bobby traded will have no forum to talk sit on. Long Live Bob.

aker39
24-09-2009, 02:40 PM
The man has many talents. A very special person in deed. The only good thing about the season ending is the guy who calls SEN after every game wanting Bobby traded will have no forum to talk sit on. Long Live Bob.

Steve from Mill Park

Desipura
24-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Steve from Mill Park
thats the one, he rang on Monday saying how he respects Dermie's opinion then went on to say that Murphy should be traded cos he goes missing in finals.
Dermie replied "I thought he was one of your best in the first half".

Unfortunately Steve has been taking in too many of the fumes from all those hotted up Monaro's doing doghnuts around his area.

Mantis
24-09-2009, 02:46 PM
thats the one, he rang on Monday saying how he respects Dermie's opinion then went on to say that Murphy should be traded cos he goes missing in finals.
Dermie replied "I thought he was one of your best in the first half".

Some of Murf's marks in the first half were quite exceptional.

Lets hope his knee gets the rest it deserves over the next few months and we see him playing pain free next year.

Desipura
24-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Some of Murf's marks in the first half were quite exceptional.

Lets hope his knee gets the rest it deserves over the next few months and we see him playing pain free next year.

Totally agree and he would have clocked up a number of km's last week in that first half. So much so, you would not be able to tell he was playing with an injury.
The guy is all class and I have no doubt his injury has affected his kicking.

azabob
24-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Murph is brilliant.
My girlfriend dislikes footy but I send her Murph's articles every thursday and she loves em. One day I tried explaning the footy part of his articles and she replied- O dont worry explaining, I dont read the footy related stuff I just skim over it and read the other parts.

PS How good was his pass from outside 50 against geelong in round 21 and hit Hill (i think) on the chest only 20m out?

LostDoggy
28-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Murph is brilliant.
My girlfriend dislikes footy but I send her Murph's articles every thursday and she loves em. One day I tried explaning the footy part of his articles and she replied- O dont worry explaining, I dont read the footy related stuff I just skim over it and read the other parts.

PS How good was his pass from outside 50 against geelong in round 21 and hit Hill (i think) on the chest only 20m out?

Murphy goes...BANG!

EasternWest
28-09-2009, 04:45 PM

There's a person that wants Murph traded? Geez, Murph must've pinched his girlfriend in high school or something.

LostDoggy
28-09-2009, 04:49 PM
I just love Smurf's sense of humour. Does anyone remember a few years back when he did the post on the Bulldogs website? ("I am the singer in a band" - or something like it). Very funny. I also love it that his dog is called Arthur. :D