PDA

View Full Version : Auskicker of the year award

LostDoggy
25-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering - Seb didn't win the inaugeral Auskicker of the Year award. But that's ok, he is having an absolute ball anyway :D
A kid from Geelong way (Barwon sth actually) won......surprise surprise being that Joel Selwood is now his footy mentor for 2010 - imagine giving that prize to a kid from Darwin, wouldn't really work.

Anyway, the dinner was good for the kids ($65 rip off for the adults) with kids pasta and sausage rolls for dinner - for all of us! Dipper, Jason Mcartney(or is it Mcarthy?) and 2 of the NAB AFL rising stars were there. Ryan Fitzgerald (Frizy!) interviewed the kids and they had lots of fun.

Today they are walking, in the rain, in the parade.

Oh and BTW Seb will be in the HeraldSun tomorrow, and please don't kill us but he is wearing Cats gear. Much to his disgust, but it was the HeraldSun's conditions!! He chose Cats over Saints at least. He was wearing his dogs gear underneath though :) :p

Lots of photos will be on GoDoggies (http://www.godoggies.wordpress.com) soon

AndrewP6
25-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh and BTW Seb will be in the HeraldSun tomorrow, and please don't kill us but he is wearing Cats gear. Much to his disgust, but it was the HeraldSun's conditions!! He chose Cats over Saints at least. He was wearing his dogs gear underneath though :) :p

:eek::eek:
Thank god for Photoshop...

LostDoggy
26-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Well, looks like the powers that be decided not to use the footage of the kids as promised in the paper today - just as they did not use the footage they promised on Before the Game last night. I've given up on the media..... Promises promises, empty promises. So dissapointing for the kids. At least they r having fun.

comrade
26-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Well, looks like the powers that be decided not to use the footage of the kids as promised in the paper today - just as they did not use the footage they promised on Before the Game last night. I've given up on the media..... Promises promises, empty promises. So dissapointing for the kids. At least they r having fun.

I'm sure Seb will enjoy the fantastic opportunity he's been given, anyway. :)

LostDoggy
26-09-2009, 04:33 PM
He sure is. Although, just had a call from hubby who said Seb cuddled up under his jacket & wet poncho and went to sleep through the pre- match entertainment. All got a bit much for the little tacker.... They were only about 10 meters from barnsey on the stage too, so he must of been knackered to sleep through that. I'm nervously waiting for the auskickers at half time. 4 mins to go

jazzadogs
26-09-2009, 08:12 PM
He sure is. Although, just had a call from hubby who said Seb cuddled up under his jacket & wet poncho and went to sleep through the pre- match entertainment. All got a bit much for the little tacker.... They were only about 10 meters from barnsey on the stage too, so he must of been knackered to sleep through that. I'm nervously waiting for the auskickers at half time. 4 mins to go
Which player did he present the medal to?

The Bulldogs Bite
26-09-2009, 09:24 PM

To be fair, I would have slept through Barnsey too.

LostDoggy
26-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Which player did he present the medal to?

Number 4 Andrew Macky. He was the 2nd kid out. Will post pic tomorrow!
Before the game the kids were guests at the September Club and met all celebrities miling about.... Gary Lyon, Richo, Browny (Jonathan) & Callan Ward were the ones he could remember. Hopefully I'll get pics of that (the guardians weren't allowed to attend that function!)

AndrewP6
26-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Number 4 Andrew Macky. He was the 2nd kid out. Will post pic tomorrow!
Before the game the kids were guests at the September Club and met all celebrities miling about.... Gary Lyon, Richo, Browny (Jonathan) & Callan Ward were the ones he could remember. Hopefully I'll get pics of that (the guardians weren't allowed to attend that function!)

:D Thought that was Seb!!! People at the party thought I was a bit too excited by Mackie!

LostDoggy
27-09-2009, 09:13 AM
:D Thought that was Seb!!! People at the party thought I was a bit too excited by Mackie!

Lol :) I've had a few other people say that too. Funny!!! It looked so good though didn't it?!!!

LostDoggy
27-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Looking forward to seeing the photo GoDoggies!!

I'd had a few too many bubbles by that stage, and forgot to look out for Seb. :o

Ozza
27-09-2009, 10:54 AM
I remember thinking at the time Mackie went up - 'That looks like Seb from WOOF'. All the players seemed really good with the kids.

craigsahibee
27-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Thought it was Seb giving the medal to Mackie. Monday week's show and tell is going to be huge.

Well done Seb.

LostDoggy
27-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Yep, me too, I thought that was Seb! Hope he had a great day, even if the doggies weren't there! I hope you guys have sent the photos of "mini me" to Aker and the club. I'm sure Aker would love to see them! :cool:

LostDoggy
27-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Yep, me too, I thought that was Seb! Hope he had a great day, even if the doggies weren't there! I hope you guys have sent the photos of "mini me" to Aker and the club. I'm sure Aker would love to see them! :cool:

Yep we did send the mini-me pics to Aker and the club (seperatley)....ye to hear anything! ;)

Here's the thread with the link to photo's of the granny weekend -
http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=119021#post119021