PDA

View Full Version : Swans Haggle on Barry Hall

bulldogtragic
25-09-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans-haggle-on-barry-hall/story-e6frf8w6-1225779520526

Sydney Swans haggle on Barry Hall
Mark Stevens
Herald Sun September 25, 2009 12:50PM

THE haggling over Barry Hall has started, with Sydney intent on securing pick 31 from the Western Bulldogs in return for the veteran forward.

But the Dogs will refuse to budge on what they regard as an ambit claim for the 32-year-old key forward, who was pushed out by the Swans.

The Dogs want to give up pick 63, and perhaps a player, to get the deal done.

Pick 47, the Dogs' third-round choice, may come into play, but the club will refuse to pay a high price for Hall.

Bulldogs football manager James Fantasia warned last night that Sydney risked losing Hall without compensation.

"We're more than happy to take our chances in the draft," Fantasia said.

The Dogs are confident Hall will slip through to them in the pre-season draft and are prepared to take any deals off the table if Sydney refuses to step away from its push for pick 31.

"Sydney are more than aware of what we're prepared to offer," Fantasia said.

Hall wants to play for the Dogs and is hoping for a smooth passage there after a messy ending at the Swans.

But Sydney, which has constantly said it would be realistic in dealing with other clubs, could drag the process out.

It is understood Hall wants a resolution as quickly as possible, avoiding a nervous wait until the pre-season draft, and any delay will test his relationship with the Swans.

Sydney had promised Hall it would do everything it could to help the veteran forward get to the club of his choice.

"We said to Barry if he wanted to play football next year, we would be realistic in what we asked for from another club," Sydney boss Andrew Ireland said last month.

The Dogs believe pick 31 is not "realistic".

They gave up pick 34 for Jason Akermanis three years ago. He was 29 at the time.

If the Swans are willing to take a lower end pick, the deal is likely be done on day one of the trade period, October 5.

Hall's manager Phil Mullen has agreed to terms set out by the Dogs -- a two-year deal believed to be worth 650,000.

To reach that level he must meet certain benchmarks as incentive clauses are included.

In other news at Whitten Oval, full-back Brian Lake is yet to re-sign, despite reports to the contrary. Negotiations with Lake and his manager Rick Olarenshaw continue.

The Dogs will not trade Lake and are confident he will stay.

Some good news in this article re: picks, incentives and confidence in Lake.

Sockeye Salmon
25-09-2009, 02:41 PM
In other news at Whitten Oval, full-back Brian Lake is yet to re-sign, despite reports to the contrary.

Love the little dig at Caro

LostDoggy
25-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Sydney are greedy..

He walked out..their lucky we are offering something instead of coming out and saying "We'll just pick him up in the PSD" We are giving up Pick 63 and a player..take what your offered Sydney else you will end up with diddly squat :)

Rocco Jones
25-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Sydney are greedy..

He walked out..their lucky we are offering something instead of coming out and saying "We'll just pick him up in the PSD" We are giving up Pick 63 and a player..take what your offered Sydney else you will end up with diddly squat :)

I think they are just trying to get the best deal they can and fair enough to them at the moment (if they keep on haggling, that will change).

We have offered pick 63 and a player we will delist anyway and they are saying they want pick 31. I think they might be aiming for pick 47.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I think they are just trying to get the best deal they can and fair enough to them at the moment (if they keep on haggling, that will change).

We have offered pick 63 and a player we will delist anyway and they are saying they want pick 31. I think they might be aiming for pick 47.
Yep. Seems the middle ground doesn't it.

LostDoggy
25-09-2009, 06:40 PM
I heard the player we offered was Addison.

FrediKanoute
25-09-2009, 06:46 PM

Would not be surprised and I think its a good fir for both teams. Addison will struggle to hold down a spot in our best 22 next year, but is good enough to play 22 games with Sydney and will give them the ard edged in and under player they need.

Mantis
25-09-2009, 06:54 PM

You heard wrong.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Should be our last pick + Wight/Skipper type.

Even Pick 47 is paying over IMO.

LostDoggy
25-09-2009, 07:40 PM
You heard wrong.

:cool:

I feel you know more then your letting on.... :)

Mantis
25-09-2009, 09:55 PM
:cool:

I feel you know more then your letting on.... :)

Players like Lynch and O'Keefe were mentioned in threads on the Unleashed board as being possible trade options. They would probably be more likely to be traded to Sydney rather than Addison as part of a deal, assuming Sydney are happy with them.

LostDoggy
25-09-2009, 11:10 PM
I'd trade Lynch but I wouldn't like to see Addison traded away...

Let's just take Hall in the PSD! :)

Sockeye Salmon
25-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Let's just take Hall in the PSD! :)

I'd rather give them a 3rd round pick and let him start training with us in October rather than have him wait until December.

LostDoggy
25-09-2009, 11:36 PM
I'd rather give them a 3rd round pick and let him start training with us in October rather than have him wait until December.

Then one of my good mates Sean Tighe probably wont get drafted! :(

Ah well!