PDA

View Full Version : Hutchy and Dylan

EasternWest
27-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Ok, so my name belies my interest but is what Hutchy had to say on the back of today's sport section in the HS based in any truth? Or is he simply joining the dots between a Sydney born player and the team from there?

I would hate to lose Addison. I believe his future is bright.

mjp
27-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Not sure about Dylan's political skills, but it would be interesting to see the bookies odd of DFA as pm versus DFA winning a B&F at the Dogs...or playing > 100 games.

I am not seeing what you are seeing I am afraid. Fearless player (tick) with average speed and below average kicking skills...I just think he is the type of player who can play a role for a few weeks but whom the coaches would always be looking to 'upgrade'.

I picked him as one of my three 'players to watch' pre-season as I thought this year was a critical year in his development...it hasn't worked out and I would not be surprised if he moved to another club.

anfo27
27-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I can't see that happening. Hall has 2 years at best and for them to want Addison in exchange is asking to much IMO.

azabob
27-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Ok, so my name belies my interest but is what Hutchy had to say on the back of today's sport section in the HS based in any truth? Or is he simply joining the dots between a Sydney born player and the team from there?

I would hate to lose Addison. I believe his future is bright.

For us non current bun readers what is Hutchy saying?

GVGjr
27-09-2009, 06:13 PM
For us non current bun readers what is Hutchy saying?

That Sydney want Addison as part of the Hall deal.
It makes sense.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2009, 06:16 PM
It makes sense.
4th rounder and DFA. Deal. Where do we sign?

azabob
27-09-2009, 06:18 PM
It makes sense.

Thanks GVGjr.

Does make sense for them to link the two.

If it is player for player swap I'd be ok with that.

BulldogBelle
27-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Absolutely do not want Sydney getting their grubby hands on Addison AND a pick. Would prefer 3rd rounder over 4th + DFA. That's too much IMO.

But a straight swap may be worth considering, I guess.

Rocco Jones
27-09-2009, 06:27 PM
I don't want DFA very highly (love his attitude) but I am against trading away a player who I wouldn't otherwise de-list for Hall. There is no way he will play for the Swans next year and is out of contract. They can easily lose him for nothing and no other team seems interested in him.

Apparently it's a very shallow draft and I would prefer DFA over a late pick.

Pick 63 + Skipper/GOK would be ideal. I would also prefer pick 47 over DFA and 63. Wanting someone like Daw or Temel would make a big difference though.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2009, 06:31 PM
I don't want DFA very highly (love his attitude) but I am against trading away a player who I wouldn't otherwise de-list for Hall. There is no way he will play for the Swans next year and is out of contract. They can easily lose him for nothing and no other team seems interested in him.

Apparently it's a very shallow draft and I would prefer DFA over a late pick.

Pick 63 + Skipper/GOK would be ideal. I would also prefer pick 47 over DFA and 63. Wanting someone like Daw or Temel would make a big difference though.
They could get forced into that. I'm not overly knowledgable on their list, but if they have 6 draft selections say 7, 24, 40, 56, 78 and 90 for argument sake, then getting pick 63 off us is better than their last two selections. So it's something like compensation, but for all their posturing about looking after Barry, I think they will drag it out. But they shouldn't dismiss pick 63 and something in lieu of nothing.

GVGjr
27-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks GVGjr.

Does make sense for them to link the two.

If it is player for player swap I'd be ok with that.

He's an NSW boy and that's why there is an apparent link. I think you will find it's a 3rd round pick and a player that they are interested in. It might even be a 2nd round pick either straight up or with a player.
Now whilst that might sound a lot to pay for a 32/33 year old forward with a long record of reckless behavior it's the price you might have to pay when your recruiting manager can't identify good key forwards to draft and develop.

BulldogBelle
27-09-2009, 10:35 PM
We could take Hall in the pre season draft if we cant agree to a deal with the Swans

He could always train with us from October through to December (when the PSD takes place)

Talking about giving up Addison and O'Keefee....NOT HAPPY JAN...sure they havent set the world alight at a young age like Ward, but there is a signficant amount of development in both of them

Hutchy is talking crap

Our 3rd round pick for Barry, same as Aker a few years ago

GVGjr
27-09-2009, 10:40 PM
We could take Hall in the pre season draft if we cant agree to a deal with the Swans

He could always train with us from October through to December (when the PSD takes place)

Talking about giving up Addison and O'Keefee....NOT HAPPY JAN...sure they havent set the world alight at a young age like Ward, but there is a signficant amount of development in both of them

Hutchy is talking crap

He can't train with the club and it just won't work out like that. If he isn't traded for then he misses a lot of the pre-season.

Sockeye Salmon
27-09-2009, 10:42 PM

Hutchy is talking crap

No he can't, it's against AFL rules. He is contracted to the Swans until October 31st and can only train with us after that with the AFL's permission. The AFL only give permission in such cases if the player is 100% guaranteed to be going to that club ie. they have the no. 1 pick.

Just because you don't like what Hutchy is telling you doesn't make it crap.

EasternWest
27-09-2009, 10:46 PM
Just because you don't like what Hutchy is telling you doesn't make it crap.

Yeah, I guess that's what I was trying to get to the bottom of at the outset. Doesn't make it true either, but I was hoping someone would know.

Doc26
27-09-2009, 10:50 PM
DFA's disposal choice under pressure and turnovers have been costly at times but think he's worth persevering with for another season. It's not like we have a lot of depth when injuries hit and his hardness at the ball is an asset. I'd be playing hardball with Sydney on Dylan.

LostDoggy
28-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Dylan is a fringe player that was a lot better in 2008 than this year. I think it is a reasonable trade straight swap for Hall and an exchange of draft picks our third for their fourth.

Doc26
28-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Dylan is a fringe player that was a lot better in 2008 than this year. I think it is a reasonable trade straight swap for Hall and an exchange of draft picks our third for their fourth.

That he is but just don't feel it's required in this case. Within reason loyalty should go both ways. We're bagging Brian and Andrejs and then talking of throwing out a young kid who has shown nothing but passion and dedication for the RW&B. If he wants to go then it's another story.

Topdog
28-09-2009, 12:20 PM
That he is but just don't feel it's required in this case. Within reason loyalty should go both ways. We're bagging Brian and Andrejs and then talking of throwing out a young kid who has shown nothing but passion and dedication for the RW&B. If he wants to go then it's another story.

We might not be throwing him out though. There is every chance he would like to go back to NSW.

LostDoggy
28-09-2009, 01:22 PM
We will not be trading any player

Third round pick and that's that and Sydney know that.

soupman
28-09-2009, 01:32 PM
We will not be trading any player

Third round pick and that's that and Sydney know that.

I have full confidence in Eade and company not getting done over with this trade. Every single trade under Eade has been very fair, and I can't see him all of a sudden giving away a draft pick and one of his favourite players for a two year nutcase.

MrMahatma
28-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Trading a fringe player (DFA) and a pick likely to be nothing more than a fringe player (4th round) for a guy who'll slot straight into our 22 for the next 2 years and give us a chance at a flag?

Do it.