PDA

View Full Version : King Hit by ex-Teammate

bulldogtragic
28-09-2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/king-hit-by-ex-teammate/story-e6frf8w6-1225780230788

King hit by ex-teammate
Amelia Harris
Herald Sun
September 28, 2009 12:00AM

SAINT Steven King's father, Ashleigh, last night launched a bitter attack on his son's former teammate turned rival, Mark Blake, saying the Geelong ruckman had slurred his family.

Just hours after Geelong's win, Blake alleged one of King's brothers sent him malicious text messages after last year's Grand Final loss to Hawthorn, and it was "good to stick it up (King's) a---".

As the feud intensified, Mr King said last night he was bewildered by Blake's comments.

"I've asked my boys (Michael and Troy) about it and they said they've never texted Mark Blake in his life or got his number," Mr King said.

"If he's got a text, he might be very surprised where it may have come from, because we don't know.

"He's probably only assuming someone from our family texted him . . . It could have been anybody."

King, 30, took Blake's place in Geelong's 2007 premiership-winning side. Blake swore he would leave the club if King didn't, forcing King's trade to St Kilda less than two weeks later. He played on Saturday, but did not shake hands with or talk to King.

"No, we didn't shake hands . . . I didn't probably get around to him," Blake said.

"But I copped a few text messages after last year's Grand Final from his brother, so it was good to stick it up his a---."

Disgraceful. Mark Blake you are a F%&^ING TOOL!

You've won a premiership, how about some winning with dignity???

Twodogs
28-09-2009, 11:57 AM
He looks a bit of a goose if it was someone pretending to be King's brother that sent him the texts last year.

Topdog
28-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Why would King's brother care if Geelong lost to Hawthorn?

bulldogtragic
28-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Why would King's brother care if Geelong lost to Hawthorn?
Exactly. Blake is just being a selfish little dickwad and harbouring a grudge from a few years ago regarding a decision King didn't make. I hate when winners behave so unsporting like. Just shake his hand and then walk off...

hujsh
28-09-2009, 03:30 PM
What I want to know is why Geelong kept an unco little bitch over a former captain.

LostDoggy
28-09-2009, 05:09 PM
What I want to know is why Geelong kept an unco little bitch over a former captain.

My guess would be 8-10 years of football left in the body.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2009, 05:39 PM
My guess would be 8-10 years of football left in the body.
How would you feel if Luke Darcy hasn't been so good in the media, and said to the club i think i have another 2 years in me, and the club trades him away for nothing to keep a disgruntled Peter Street. Who then it turns is a sooky little bitch.

I'd be a little upset with my club and pissed off that my players could handle winning with a little more (or any) dignity.

KT31
28-09-2009, 05:43 PM
How would you feel if Luke Darcy hasn't been so good in the media, and said to the club i think i have another 2 years in me, and the club trades him away for nothing to keep a disgruntled Peter Street. Who then it turns is a sooky little bitch.
I'd be a little upset with my club and pissed off that my players could handle winning with a little more (or any) dignity.

A premeirship winning sooky little bitch.

KT31
28-09-2009, 05:45 PM
What a twat, he's just won a Grandfinal and his first concern is slagging off an ex team mate and his family.

Nomally that doesn't happen until the fourth or fifth beer.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2009, 05:48 PM
What a twat, he's just won a Grandfinal and his first concern is slagging off an ex team mate and his family.

Nomally that doesn't happen until the fourth or fifth beer.
Over beers in the inner sanctum is fine, telling the media... what a tool. I dislike him now, so much so he and the tip rat are at the top of my most disliked tree.

Rocco Jones
28-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Blake seems an insecure, defensive dickheaad doesn't he? I seem him in that light for awhile anyway.

LostDoggy
29-09-2009, 12:45 PM

I completely agree with you bt.

I was just trying to show hujsh what I think was the cats reason for keeping Blake over King.