PDA

View Full Version : It's Hall over Fevola for the Bulldogs, says Eade

BulldogBelle
01-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Barry Hall is our chosen one...

It's Hall over Fevola for the Bulldogs, says Eade (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85577/default.aspx)
AFL Website | Jason Phelan |Thu 01 October, 2009

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade has reaffirmed his club's commitment to Barry Hall despite the sudden availability of Brendan Fevola, who has fallen out of favour at Carlton and will be traded.

Though Fevola, who is four years younger than Hall and is the reigning Coleman Medallist, could appear the more attractive option, Eade said the Dogs were too far down the road with the former Swan.

"We are committed to Barry and he has said that he is committed to us, or that he would like to come to us," Eade said from the NAB AFL Draft Camp in Canberra on Thursday.

"That (Fevola situation) hasn't changed our thinking at all."

Eade also acknowledged the club's stance in its negotiations for Hall, which have hit a snag due to the Swans' demands of a second-round pick for the 250-game player who will be 33 by the time the 2010 season kicks off.

"We think it's probably a bit of an ambit claim at the moment, but having said that we're certainly prepared to go to the [pre-season] draft and so is Barry," he said.

Click HERE (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85577/default.aspx)to read the remainder of the article...

neodog
01-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Acker for 4 years. This mean is going around again in 2010!

AndrewP6
01-10-2009, 04:36 PM
May not mean much but I thought it was good to hear Eade say Everitt is required, and that he hasn't indicated he wants to be traded.

G-Mo77
01-10-2009, 04:37 PM

Noticed that little snipet too. ;)

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Good pick up fellas :)

Scraggers
01-10-2009, 10:07 PM

I am very happy if that is the case

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I like this! Hall should fit in better.
Lock in Lake, slot in Bazza, everyone head down & bum up and shoot for two front running seasons. Give us a cup or two and I'll be contempt with some rebuilding years after that?????

Drunken Bum
03-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Lock in Lake, slot in Bazza, everyone head down & bum up and shoot for two front running seasons. Give us a cup or two and I'll be contempt with some rebuilding years after that?????

content maybe? ;)

Remi Moses
03-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Just hate to miss our chance at a flag and then be still stuck with fevola,alas we 've got two years max with Barry.

The Doctor
03-10-2009, 05:28 AM
I would much rather Hall than Fev.

I think there is a bit more to us wanting Hall than just simply being a power forward. I also see him being used as an assistant coach, but without the title. Who else at the Bulldogs has any experience as a tall forward who could coach? Nobody. Not one person. No-one who can show our young talls how to play as a tall forward. In Hall we would have someone that could be listened to, learnt from and respected because of what he has achieved.

Hall would be a better tutor than Fev I would suggest.

Sedat
03-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Hall would be a better tutor than Fev I would suggest.
Gary Hall Jnr, Anthony Michael Hall, hell even Jane Hall would probably be a better tutor than Fevola.

Sockeye Salmon
03-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Gary Hall Jnr, Anthony Michael Hall, hell even Jane Hall would probably be a better tutor than Fevola.

Carnegie Hall?
Dallas Brooks Hall?
Colonel Mustard, with the candlestick, in the Hall.

AndrewP6
03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Carnegie Hall?
Dallas Brooks Hall?
Colonel Mustard, with the candlestick, in the Hall.

Festival Hall, Royal Albert Hall.

LostDoggy
03-10-2009, 09:17 PM

content maybe? ;)

Well pick one?
Contempt: defined as the state of being despised or dishonored; disgrace, similar to scorn.

Content: satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.

LostDoggy
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM
You know what i reckon, if Bazza comes to the Doggies. He would definetly be in contention for the Coleman Medal next year. We're 1st in Scoring and Inside 50's i think, this extra edition will definetly give us a much needed BOOST! Work your magic bazza and dont get injured or smack anyone, its not worth it.