PDA

View Full Version : Werribee - Round 6 results

southerncross
13-05-2007, 08:04 AM
This from the Hun.

WERRIBEE 9.6 15.7 23.10 31.14 (200)
TASMANIA 3.3 6.6 10.10 12.14 (86)

Goals: Werribee: Podsiadly 6 Robbins 6 Skipper 4 Lynch 3 Batchelor 2 Hill 2 Power 2 Minson 2 Faulkner Young Castello Howard. Tasmania: Derbyshire 6 Ross Thurley Ryan McMahon Hansen Goldstein.
Best: Werribee: Gleeson Furfaro Robbins Minson Rockefeller Power. Tasmania: Adams Geappen Brown Moran Ross Derbyshire.
Reports: Nil.
At Bartercard Oval.

Reserves
WERRIBEE 7.4 13.10 19.15 27.17 (179)
BENDIGO 4.2 7.4 8.6 11.10 (76)

Goals: Werribee: Garth 6 West 6 Penny 3 Chisholm 3 Lavars 2 Thomas 2 Kennedy-Hunt 2 Gardiner Hughes Sheringham. Bendigo: Dillon 4 Leech 2 Manning 2 Duscher Coghlan Maher. Best: Werribee: Hughes Penny Lavars Thompson West Gardiner. Bendigo: Dillon Coghlan Manning Maher Weeks Gladman.
Reports: Nil. At QE Oval.

dog town
13-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Seems everytime West is played forward he kicks goals. Be interesting to see how Faulkner went.

GVGjr
13-05-2007, 09:25 AM
A big win yesterday and this is how I saw the Bulldogs listed players performance.

Minson - Started very slowly and got better each quarter. Seemed to be out of breath very early in the first quarter and was taken off the ground after only about 5 minutes of football.

Power - Played as a forward and provide some very good skills and particularly quick hands feeding the ball off to other players. As much as I rate the ability level of Power he is has to establish himself in our senior team and is falling a bit short at the moment.

Pask - Played as a defender and performed well. Even at this level he wouldn't be regarded as quick. He plays smart though and with Pods up forward a position in defence might be his best option to show the selectors if he is good enough.

Robbins - Clearly too good for this level and I'm sure he will return to the seniors shortly.
Contested well and six goals was a good return for his efforts.

Skipper - Didn't ruck and was played as a forward. He was good without starring on the day.

Williams - Whilst he wasn't named as one of the best he did some very good things and took a terrific mark. He is going to be a very versatile player in the longer term but at the moment he can switch between tall and smaller defensive assignments. Still short of a gallop but is a great athlete.

Hill - Very poised and a graceful mover. He reads the play very well and has good kicking and anticipation skills. can play as a forward or defender.

Everitt - Played as a defender and is developing nicely. His kicking and pace were a real feature of his game. With him and Williams coming through we will soon have an abundance of athletic tall defenders. Everitt could even be used on a wing or up forward and I think he will play some senior football this season.

Faulkner - Very solid effort and played everywhere. Ran hard and used the ball well. He can't be far away from a senior call up. He could be used in a variety of positions.

Baird - was OK and played in a few positions. Just didn't do enough to enhance his chances for a senior berth.

Lynch. - quiet but did a few nice things.

southerncross
13-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Good to see Hughes named as the best for the Bees 2nds team. Too good of a footballer to be playing 2nds

Bulldog Revolution
13-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Brilliant to get some feedback on the VFL sides, Cheers GVGJr

I like our team much better with Robbo in the seniors,

Go_Dogs
13-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Good to see Hughes named as the best for the Bees 2nds team. Too good of a footballer to be playing 2nds

Agreed.

Faulkner would have to be so close at the moment. I really hope he gets out there.

GVGjr
13-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Brilliant to get some feedback on the VFL sides, Cheers GVGJr

I like our team much better with Robbo in the seniors,

I'm 50/50 with Robbo after starting the year thinking we would be crazy not to play him every week. Getting dropped a couple of times might just be the kick start that he needs to prove the doubters wrong again.
It's a shame the 2nds didn't play at Werribee because it would have been nice to see how Hughes, O'Shea, Tiller and MWest actually went.

Raw Toast
13-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Great to get the report GvGjr.

What do reckon Hill's chances are of getting a call-up sometime this year, might be a surprise cameo at some stage I reckon.

GVGjr
13-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Great to get the report GvGjr.

What do reckon Hill's chances are of getting a call-up sometime this year, might be a surprise cameo at some stage I reckon.

Hill is a really nice mover and beautifully balanced. He might slip in for a game late in the year but there are a fair few ahead of him at the moment.

bornadog
14-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I like Robbins in the team, if he is not contesting the ball he is chasing and harrasing, lets hope he gets back in soon as he really does give us another option up forward.

Mantis
14-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I like Robbins in the team, if he is not contesting the ball he is chasing and harrasing, lets hope he gets back in soon as he really does give us another option up forward.

Who's position as a small forward does he take?? Akermanis, Giansiracusa, Harbrow and Higgins rotated through this role yesterday. If Robbins plays you have to drop one of these 4.

Easy option would be to say Harbrow, but you would be robbing us of some creativity and zip which Robbins doesn't supply.

Raw Toast
16-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Werribee report has finally gone up on the club's website - the first bit by Atkins has been available since Monday morning on the Werribee website. Who do we complain to at the club about the delay in getting it on their website?

Good to read that M West and Hughes had their best games for the year. Interesting that Atkins' seems to have rated Power's game as better than Faulkner's. Not sure if either will come in this week, though wouldn't be surprised to see Power come in for Addison.

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsId=43225

mjp
16-05-2007, 03:27 PM
From Atkins report:
=============
Sam Power: Played a great game along the half forward line and on the wing. Finished with 33 possession and kicked two goals to be one of our best players on the day.
=============

Whatever I think of Sam, this really is a terrific sign. Dropped, goes back to Werribee and dominates.

Also interesting to see that Michael Rockefeller is winning the ball. He was a pretty handy TAC Cup player for the Falcons last year - I wonder if anyone thinks he is a potential rookie selection (by us or someone else) during next years draft period?

Raw Toast
16-05-2007, 03:57 PM
From Atkins report:
=============
Sam Power: Played a great game along the half forward line and on the wing. Finished with 33 possession and kicked two goals to be one of our best players on the day.
=============

Whatever I think of Sam, this really is a terrific sign. Dropped, goes back to Werribee and dominates.

Agree with that.

IIFC Eade said around the start of the season that players who spent a fair bit of time on the bench would be rotated back to Werribee every now and then to give them some game time. Makes sense to do this to me, though you wouldn't like it if you were the player. Didn't sound like Power got a heap of time against the Hawks and he didn't against the Weagles (as far as I could tell), so good that he responded well. I think Griffen going to the backline has hurt his chances a bit, though Griffen gave Sylvia too much latitude for mine and I think Power might have done better on this match-up.

Is Rockefeller one of those nuggety rover types who don't seem to get picked up in the draft these days but might make it as a rookie - I'm thinking of Mitchell, Fletcher and Foley as players in this vein.

mjp
16-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Is Rockefeller one of those nuggety rover types who don't seem to get picked up in the draft these days but might make it as a rookie - I'm thinking of Mitchell, Fletcher and Foley as players in this vein.

Very strong bodied midfielder. I would think he is a fair bit taller than any of the players you have mentioned though. Obviously, I would prefer to see Lockwood (now going well at Williamstown) get an opportunity, but believe Rockefeller has enough ability to warrant an opportunity.