PDA

View Full Version : Harbrow on Marngrook

comrade
01-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Harby on the Marngrook Footy Show - Ch 31.

LOL - he just said he busts his arse, and then apologised.

Speaking about the path he's taken to get to where he is, he said he didn't think of himself as a rookie listed player when he got to the club. He though of himself as a footballer in a professional environment and the only thing that would stop him from getting game time was himself.

He was asked whether he prefers Hall or Fevola - he said "Hally, for sure - he'd make a massive difference to our forward structure".

One of the panelists said he'd like Fevola at FF, Hall at CHF and Matt Maguire at CHB - Harby "I think we'll need some more money"

He was awarded the Marngrook Player of the Finals.

He spoke fantastically well, and we're lucky to have a bloke of his calibre at the club. He wouldn't look out of place in the leadership group, IMO.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-10-2009, 09:09 PM
He certainly seems very driven in what he wants to achieve. If anything, he looks a little 'too serious' but perhaps he's a shy personality.

Not a bad interview, either. Asking him about his journey to the Dogs, how he handled being rookied, the disappointment of the PF loss etc.

Definitively said he preferred Hall to Fevola. The playing group really do seem excited by the prospects of bringing in Barry to the club. It's great to see.

Also spoke about his role in some detail and how he had to adjust through the year. Started off purely attacking, but as sides begun negating his run it became much harder. Started to learn to defend and then run off his man at appropriate times.

Spoke of the pre-season and wanting to build a bigger engine + put on weight. Said he was pushed out of the contest a few times and it became very frustrating for him.

Gotta absolutely love the way Harbrow goes about it. Looking forward to seeing how he develops further next season.

EasternWest
01-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Missed the interview but love JH. Great work ethic. He's still learning and makes mistakes, but he's never going to make a mistake through not having a go. Rightly or wrongly he backs himself and there's room in my team for that guy any time.

Stokes (who I really rate as a small forward) basically played a defensive role on him in the first final. It was a great contest to watch, honours mostly shared with JH slight victor IMO.

Backed into Brown twice in the Bris final and spoiled both times. Love it.

LostDoggy
01-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I love him even more now :)

Rocco Jones
01-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Great kid.

Harbrow, Higgins and Ward are great young leaders. Our future is in great hands.

Dazza
01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Great kid. Has the right attitude to really develop into something special.

Dry Rot
01-10-2009, 11:55 PM
He certainly seems very driven in what he wants to achieve.Gotta absolutely love the way Harbrow goes about it. Looking forward to seeing how he develops further next season.

Backed into Brown twice in the Bris final and spoiled both times. Love it.

Agreed. One of the gutsiest (sp?) players on our list. Never die wondering.

AndrewP6
01-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Agreed. One of the gutsiest (sp?) players on our list. Never die wondering.

That's how I'd spell it...

bornadog
01-10-2009, 11:59 PM
He was awarded the Marngrook Player of the Finals. .

He was awesome in the finals and great to see that was recognized by some one, as he got very few votes in the papers. I was also surprised he didn't pick up brownlow votes.

Exciting young player and will be even better next year.

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm excited by what Harbrow could bring next year.
Knowing he can tuck the ball under his arm and run, then look for Bazza.

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Very good player. Took the next step this season, and hopefully takes another step next season.

Mantis
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Very good player. Took the next step this season, and hopefully takes another step next season.

For you what would this next step entail?

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 11:50 AM
For you what would this next step entail?

Running forward and kicking a few more goals.

bornadog
02-10-2009, 12:05 PM

Yes an area he needs to improve on, ie final disposal after he dashes down the ground.

Also needs to improve in his aerial ability when playing one on one.

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Missed the interview, so thanks to those who reported on it. I have nothing but admiration for Jarrod - he has developed into a great and fearless running player, and I'm sure he will continue to round out his game with experience. Just love seeing him grab the ball, and run like the wind down the flank :D Yes, I think with Missy and a couple of others, our future is in great hands.

Mantis
02-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Playing in what position?

You wouldn't find many other BP's (the position he played this year) who kick many goals.

EasternWest
02-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Great kid.

Harbrow, Higgins and Ward are great young leaders. Our future is in great hands.

Right on the money. Three different styles of players, but you know when they step on the field they mean business.

Still remember Ward going after Hudghton in his first game. Super stuff.

The Pie Man
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Yes an area he needs to improve on, ie final disposal after he dashes down the ground.

I think this started to improve towards the latter half of the year - I remember some specific runs at the Gabba (finding Hahn for the first goal after 3 bounces) and another one vs Brisbane in the semi.

He's identified putting on weight so he can be stronger in the contest, and he doesn't want for heart - he's another great find. My guess is that his evolution in this role has allowed Gilbee to push up the ground (anyone in the know, is this the way it's been thought of at the kennel?)

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Playing in what position?

You wouldn't find many other BP's (the position he played this year) who kick many goals.

True about the BP's. I just thought a quick BP who can run down the wing, might as well go a bit further to the 50m line and kick a few goals. Especially against teams who like to flood back, he might as well follow his opponent down the ground.

I did also think he might get some time as a running HBF.

Dry Rot
02-10-2009, 07:16 PM

Agree with that one. Currently a slight weakness.