PDA

View Full Version : Western Bulldogs' jumper deal with KooGa

The Coon Dog
02-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Mark Stevens | October 02, 2009 12:00am

THE Western Bulldogs have pulled off a significant sponsorship coup, signing clothing company KooGa to a deal worth an estimated $2 million.

KooGa will contribute about $500,000 over four years and provide a new-look tight-fitting guernsey.

It is believed the deal is worth five times more than the club's arrangement with Diadora, which ran out this season.

KooGa will be a second-tier partner with WorkSafe, sitting under major backer Mission.

Article in full... (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/afl/story/0,27046,26154515-5016169,00.html)

BulldogBelle
02-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Great news!

With this deal and the new stadium deal things are looking good off feild!

Hotdog60
02-10-2009, 06:59 AM
It's great to see the dogs doing so well off field, if you have a strong administration it has to lead to a strong team.
I only hope things keep improving both on and off field, I remember reading sometime ago that the dogs in '54 era had a following as big as the pies. It would be nice to see that happen and to become a force within the AFL.

Go Dogs..

chef
02-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Absolutely awesome news:).

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 07:39 AM
Any chance of a Bulldogs/Storm membership deal? :)

Go_Dogs
02-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Great news for the club.

Hotdog60
02-10-2009, 08:17 AM

How dare you mention Chunkball in the same breath as AFl:)

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 08:33 AM
TCD will be pleased.

Another for the collection.

The Coon Dog
02-10-2009, 08:47 AM
TCD will be pleased.

Another for the collection.

Be interesting to see what it does look like.

Hope it has a traditional V neck. I don't like the look of the round neck jumpers.

Cyberdoggie
02-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Great news re the sponsorship,

I'm not convinced on the tight fitting guernsey's, they don't look the best.
Just look at Adelaide and Collingwood as an example.

A new brand means there will probably be a big cleanout of old diadora stuff.
Might be able to get some bargains before xmas.

I'm guessing they may be designing a new clash top as well, or altering it somehow.

craigsahibee
02-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Great news re the sponsorship,

A new brand means there will probably be a big cleanout of old diadora stuff.
Might be able to get some bargains before xmas.

I'm guessing they may be designing a new clash top as well, or altering it somehow.

It's started already.

Grabbed training shorts and T over the net for $20 each from bulldogs shop.

Clash guernseys now at around $70.00 IIRC.

I bought a clash guernsey earlier this year. Obsolete now. Will have to wait until it becomes retro. Does anyone know what the official period is for something to be classified as retro? Still holding on to a pair of brown corduroy bootlegs that I can't wait to unleash again.

Doc26
02-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Great news for the club and also for Garlick stepping into a commercial role under Cam.

Hopefully this could also be the catalyst to finally remove that stupid looking juvenile dog's head defacing our jumper.

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 10:23 AM
How am I going to get the tight fitting jumper over my fat gut, but seriously, great news for the red, white and blue

The Coon Dog
02-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Great news for the club and also for Garlick stepping into a commercial role under Cam.

Hopefully this could also be the catalyst to finally remove that stupid looking juvenile dog's head defacing our jumper.

You might want to cast a vote in this little poll then:

What's your favourite Bulldogs jumper? (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1264&highlight=jumper)

Mantis
02-10-2009, 10:25 AM

I take the above article that we have a new provider of our apparel who will stick a fair bit of cash into our coffers which is great, I didn't take it that we will also have new branding or a change in jumper design.

Perhaps I read the article differently to you. :confused:

The Coon Dog
02-10-2009, 10:29 AM
I take the above article that we have a new provider of our apparel who will stick a fair bit of cash into our coffers which is great, I didn't take it that we will also have new branding or a change in jumper design.

Perhaps I read the article differently to you. :confused:

I reckon a new manufacturer will want to put 'their own mark' on the jumper, just a gut feeling, might be the neck being all blue, the Mission logo having a more defined border on the clash jumper, but I reckon it will change.

comrade
02-10-2009, 10:41 AM
This, combined with the improved stadium deal surely means we’re able to pay our playing group the maximum, including the promotional payments outside the cap.

Mantis
02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
I reckon a new manufacturer will want to put 'their own mark' on the jumper, just a gut feeling, might be the neck being all blue, the Mission logo having a more defined border on the clash jumper, but I reckon it will change.

I would doubt very much that this change in the jumper will have anything to do with the 'juvenile emblem' which was what I was referring to.

Perhaps I need to make myself clearer next time.

Mofra
02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Wonder if Lake reads newpapers (not just on holiday, but in general). Promo money anyone?

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 11:05 AM

Hey, I'm with you JH40 - love my Bulldogs, but enjoy watching the Storm as well :) ;)

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 11:40 AM

Or even a Bulldogs/Storm guernsey/jersey deal?! :D

Was rapt to hear Kooga have jumped on board. Great news for the Bulldogs. :)

AndrewP6
02-10-2009, 12:03 PM

Hope that wouldn't cost extra... wouldn't like to use my hard-earned on thugby.

AndrewP6
02-10-2009, 12:07 PM

I don't mind them. Perhaps your views of the Pies one is prejudiced by the fact it's Collingwood? ;)

AndrewP6
02-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Great news for the club... Campbell Rose and the team are doing some great work. I very nearly bought something on the cheap via the online store... might still buy a training top...20 bucks is a great deal.

Topdog
02-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Hope that wouldn't cost extra... wouldn't like to use my hard-earned on thugby.

You wouldn't be forced to buy it so why on Earth would it cost you anything?

Doc26
02-10-2009, 01:08 PM
You might want to cast a vote in this little poll then:

What's your favourite Bulldogs jumper? (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1264&highlight=jumper)

Thanks muchly TCD for sending me to this past thread. Great to read the support for the classic old jumper. Hopefully someone in power might see the light and bring her back.

Happy Days
02-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Great news for the club.

I don't mind the tighter-fitting guernsey; think it makes teams look more professional, especially when compared to Aker's jumper - untucked and almost halfway down to his knees.

An extra $400k in the kitty doesn't hurt either.

Desipura
02-10-2009, 01:22 PM
When I heard Cougar and tight fitting, I had some wonderful visions happening in my head!

Remi Moses
02-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Great news for the club. Not great news for us who purchased now retro diadora polo top. Or even the retro retro 2 years back lease plan diadora top!!!:eek:Getting like the English Football code. Now just going to wait for daring to mention Soccer with the footy:rolleyes:

Murphy'sLore
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Lets just hope the merchandise is better designed than the Storm's stuff which is really ugly...way too much polyester...a polyester hoodie for god's sake!?

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Great to see that the club is doing so well off field. Never in my time have we been both strong off field and on field. Hopefully this equates to a FLAG!!

FrediKanoute
02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
How am I going to get the tight fitting jumper over my fat gut, but seriously, great news for the red, white and blue

:D Funney, Spurs launched a similar kit a couple of years ago and it was hilarious seeing fans decked in extremely titght licra tops......the secret is to buy a couple of sizes too big. Eventually Spurs relented and had a "fans" kit in not so tight sizings!

On the article, waht I think is interesting is Garlick's appointment/role change. Could this be a case of him being groomed as Campbell's successor? It wouldn't surprise me if the Bulldogs are thinking along those lines.

AndrewP6
02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
You wouldn't be forced to buy it so why on Earth would it cost you anything?

The post I was responding to said something about a "membership deal"... thought that might have been referring to some kind of combined Dogs-Storm membership... my mistake.

And I just like saying "thugby";)

LostDoggy
02-10-2009, 11:02 PM

So, AndrewP6, you like saying thugby, but do you like watching it to?? :D

AndrewP6
02-10-2009, 11:13 PM
So, AndrewP6, you like saying thugby, but do you like watching it to?? :D

haha... no!

Drunken Bum
03-10-2009, 12:19 AM
When I heard Cougar and tight fitting, I had some wonderful visions happening in my head!

lol great call, loved those ads :D

1eyedog
03-10-2009, 09:15 AM
lol great call, loved those ads :D

Rather than the ads I was thinking more Hollywood sex kittens in lycra!:cool: Oh well.......

Topdog
03-10-2009, 12:06 PM
The post I was responding to said something about a "membership deal"... thought that might have been referring to some kind of combined Dogs-Storm membership... my mistake.

It did mean a joint one but it would be an option not the only one.

Much like they like saying "gAyFL".

Hilarious stuff all round.

Hotdog60
03-10-2009, 01:53 PM

That's what I cop daily at work plus the arial ping pong one, it's not fun being a footy fan in the northern states. That's why I hate the Thugby with a passion. Unless you barrack for the Lions there next to no AFL news in the papers or on the media.

I can't wait until AFL becomes the Australian dominating sport and Rugby drops off into the void of minor sport.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I'm as one eyed as they come on football codes.:D

Remi Moses
03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
That's what I cop daily at work plus the arial ping pong one, it's not fun being a footy fan in the northern states. That's why I hate the Thugby with a passion. Unless you barrack for the Lions there next to no AFL news in the papers or on the media.

I can't wait until AFL becomes the Australian dominating sport and Rugby drops off into the void of minor sport.

Sorry if this offends anyone but I'm as one eyed as they come on football codes.:D

No different to what happens to League or union in Melbourne.It sh*ts me when fans of our codes get into a pi***ng competition ! Why can't we all just deal with the fact we're a wide broad sporting country. Let's be honest you get live Lions games and live Saturday arvo games,the storm gets bugger all of the league broadcaster.

LostDoggy
03-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Great news dogs. Can we either please get rid of that cat on the front....or put a real bulldog on there.......The nose should be behind the mouth!!!!

ledge
03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
I love your avatar getalong!
Send that one into KooGa and see if we can get them to use that one.

LostDoggy
03-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Yep...Thats what we need, it is actually off the Sth Freo Emblem in the WAFL

AndrewP6
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM

DO THEY? I haven't heard that... the bastards! :)

azabob
04-10-2009, 08:14 PM

DO THEY? I haven't heard that... the bastards! :)

Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 10:33 AM
I don't see why we can't all just get along. ;) I am equally passionate about the Mighty Bulldogs & the Mighty Storm. Both games have their positives, they're just different. I think that in Melbourne (seeing as we ARE the sporting capital of Australia, if not the World!!) there is plenty of room for AFL, Rugby League, Soccor & Rugby Union. :)

ledge
07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
I agree Suz, any sport Victoria is in I tend to follow, dont forget the Bushrangers who won the Sheffield Shield too.

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I agree Suz, any sport Victoria is in I tend to follow, dont forget the Bushrangers who won the Sheffield Shield too.

And the Vixens in the netball and the Tigers in the basketball....... :)

chef
07-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know when the Kooga jumpers will be for sale?

The Coon Dog
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Just rang Bulldogs Central. Will receive stock in December, so a good idea for Xmas Presents.

chef
07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Just rang Bulldogs Central. Will receive stock in December, so a good idea for Xmas Presents.

Are we going to get to see one before then?

The Coon Dog
07-10-2009, 02:47 PM

Dunno to be honest.

Tighter fitting, round neck (probably) & no red & white around the collar, so I'm told.

OK, one of you photoshop gurus, do your best!

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Barry Hall was wearing a guernsey with KooGa on it yesterday. Don't know if it's new, or they've just embroided KooGa on it. :)

chef
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Barry Hall was wearing a guernsey with KooGa on it yesterday. Don't know if it's new, or they've just embroided KooGa on it. :)

No, he only had on the polo top.

It will be interesting to see how different the guernsey is.

ledge
07-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Dunno to be honest.

Tighter fitting, round neck (probably) & no red & white around the collar, so I'm told.

OK, one of you photoshop gurus, do your best!

Thats what all us blokes with kegs need.. a tighter fit.

bornadog
07-10-2009, 04:06 PM

Looks better than the current one. Also saw Eade with the navy version.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/kooga.jpg

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 04:37 PM
No, he only had on the polo top.

It will be interesting to see how different the guernsey is.

Aaaah, so he did. Looking forward to seeing the new guernsey then. :)

ledge
07-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Now all we need is Barry Dawson wearing it with the bar girl! THE COUGAR!

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't see why we can't all just get along. ;) I am equally passionate about the Mighty Bulldogs & the Mighty Storm. Both games have their positives, they're just different. I think that in Melbourne (seeing as we ARE the sporting capital of Australia, if not the World!!) there is plenty of room for AFL, Rugby League, Soccor & Rugby Union. :)

Well said Suz 32 - totally agree with your comments. There is more than enough love to go around :D

bornadog
07-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Aaaah, so he did. Looking forward to seeing the new guernsey then. :)

here is a better shot of the polo

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/svBARRY_wideweb__470x3230.jpg

alwaysadog
08-10-2009, 07:28 AM
You really need to look hard to notice KooGa in this photo but a great promo for Salta Constructions another sponsor who are rebuilding the WO.

LostDoggy
08-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Ask and you shall receive. Two of our best presents for Christmas:)

LostDoggy
08-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Ask and you shall receive. Two of our best presents for Christmas:)

I thought they were meant to be tight! I was considering upgrading my membership fir a better view but if the boys are going to be wearing them baggy I'll stick with my bronze... ;)

LostDoggy
09-10-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't like this. I like the current bulldogs jumper. I like the red white and blue around the neck! Damnit, why can't they just leave it the way it is!

ledge
09-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I don't like this. I like the current bulldogs jumper. I like the red white and blue around the neck! Damnit, why can't they just leave it the way it is!

Because then people wouldnt update every year thus the club doesnt make as much money.

brandonr54
01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
can someone please post a picture of the new jumpers

The Coon Dog
05-01-2010, 05:19 PM
can someone please post a picture of the new jumpers

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/untitledhhh.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/untitledaaa.jpg

hujsh
05-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Not a jumper for the supporters to wear it seems.

I'll stick with my Diadora Leaseplan.

alwaysadog
05-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Not a jumper for the supporters to wear it seems.

I'll stick with my Diadora Leaseplan.

I suspect like everything these days it will fit all shapes but is trying to make us think our shape is far better than it looks in the mirror's cold clear eye after the morning shower.

The Coon Dog
06-01-2010, 07:35 PM
2010 Koo Ga playing jumpers are now on sale at Bulldogs Central.

Bulldogs Central (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Portals/50/shop.html)

LostDoggy
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Going to have to sell a few mags to get one of those.:(

LostDoggy
06-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Going to have to sell a few mags to get one of those.:(

22 gross, 44 net.

Get ya Big Issue,
Coz I've got one too.
Want a new jumper,
All Red, White and Blue.

AndrewP6
06-01-2010, 08:27 PM
2010 Koo Ga playing jumpers are now on sale at Bulldogs Central.

Bulldogs Central (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/Portals/50/shop.html)

Funny they've still got 2009 Diadora gear up too... obviously trying to clear the stock!:) At half the cost of the KooGa gear, I'm sure there'll still be interest!

LostDoggy
07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Funny they've still got 2009 Diadora gear up too... obviously trying to clear the stock!:) At half the cost of the KooGa gear, I'm sure there'll still be interest!

I'm waiting for the Brad Johnson 342 game guernsey to be half price - if anyone sees it please let me know!! Thanks. :)

angelopetraglia
08-01-2010, 09:35 AM
I notice on the new jumpers that the collars have changed to all blue from the red/white of the last few years. We used an all blue collar from 1999 until 2005 (not exactly great years for the club).

Besides the cut, is that the only change with the new jumpers?

The Coon Dog
08-01-2010, 11:41 AM
I notice on the new jumpers that the collars have changed to all blue from the red/white of the last few years. We used an all blue collar from 1999 until 2005 (not exactly great years for the club).

Besides the cut, is that the only change with the new jumpers?

Pretty much, other than the neck is more rounded too.

brandonr54
12-01-2010, 02:30 AM
hmm i was really hoping that the jumpers would look really great but i think i like the diadora ones better. the new kooga home jumper seems a bit darker than usual. im sure i will get used to it though

LostDoggy
14-01-2010, 10:46 PM
hmm i was really hoping that the jumpers would look really great but i think i like the diadora ones better. the new kooga home jumper seems a bit darker than usual. im sure i will get used to it though

Yeah I agree. I like the neck on the Diadora jumper with the red white and blue stripes over the new rounded one.

LostDoggy
21-01-2010, 10:00 PM
It's great to see the dogs doing so well off field, if you have a strong administration it has to lead to a strong team.
I only hope things keep improving both on and off field, I remember reading sometime ago that the dogs in '54 era had a following as big as the pies. It would be nice to see that happen and to become a force within the AFL.

Go Dogs..

Hotdog, if you glance back at our history, We once had the Biggest Membership of any VFA/VFL club. Wot in the phuck has happened since. But as you Know The players are hurting from getting soooo close the last 2 years and they want for themselves & US their Members and supporters to go 1 game further and bring the Holy Grail HOME to Whitten Oval

LostDoggy
21-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Hotdog, if you glance back at our history, We once had the Biggest Membership of any VFA/VFL club. Wot in the phuck has happened since. But as you Know The players are hurting from getting soooo close the last 2 years and they want for themselves & US their Members and supporters to go 1 game further and bring the Holy Grail HOME to Whitten Oval

I didn't Swear. I spelt it with a PH

The Coon Dog
30-01-2010, 12:21 PM
TCP found his way to Bulldogs Central armed with his wallet & a voucher Santa brought him for Christmas.

Not content with one jumper, he just had to get two!

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/104_0147a.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/104_0148a.jpg

angelopetraglia
30-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I think the Blue collar is an improvement. Both jumpers look fantastic.

comrade
30-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Nice choice of numbers by TCP. Both players will be a joy to watch for the next decade.

The Coon Dog
30-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Nice choice of numbers by TCP. Both players will be a joy to watch for the next decade.

Yeah, he's old enough to make his own choices & it was a process of elimination; not using numbers he's had previously:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13, 16, 17, 19, 33 & 36.

It came down to choices between 11, 14, 21, 28, 38 & 40. Opted for youth over experience.

LostDoggy
31-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Good choice of numbers TCP.

bornadog
17-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Mark Stevens | October 02, 2009 12:00am

THE Western Bulldogs have pulled off a significant sponsorship coup, signing clothing company KooGa to a deal worth an estimated $2 million.

KooGa will contribute about $500,000 over four years and provide a new-look tight-fitting guernsey.

It is believed the deal is worth five times more than the club's arrangement with Diadora, which ran out this season.

KooGa will be a second-tier partner with WorkSafe, sitting under major backer Mission.

Article in full... (http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/afl/story/0,27046,26154515-5016169,00.html)

Kooga has signed on for another three years

KooGa extends partnership at kennel (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-09-17/kooga-extends-partnership-at-kennel)

Remi Moses
17-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Good to have a bit of stability with our Apparel sponsors .

SonofScray
17-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Kooga are a pretty good brand. They make the gear for the ice hockey club I play for as well, excellent quality.

I wonder if we'll get updated socks in 2014?

Twodogs
17-09-2013, 10:44 PM
TCP found his way to Bulldogs Central armed with his wallet & a voucher Santa brought him for Christmas.

Not content with one jumper, he just had to get two!

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/104_0147a.jpg

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/104_0148a.jpg

They sure will. Pity it's not going to be with us though...

comrade
17-09-2013, 11:00 PM
They sure will. Pity it's not going to be with us though...

Talk about the kiss of death :D

Mantis
19-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Talk about the kiss of death :D

Before you pick a number for your boys jumper can you please run it by us to ensure approval?

I don't want you jinxing us again with a 'keeper'.

Greystache
19-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Great new for both the club and supporters. KooGa's gear is the best on the market, it's great quality and always looks good.