PDA

View Full Version : Ox's comments on SEN re: Lake

Mofra
06-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Did anyone catch them?

I didn't, but he mentioned that Lake had broadly agreed to the terms, however the sticking point was when the payments would be made (ie which years to weight the payments towards so we can stay under the salary cap).

a. Did anyone hear his comments?
b. If so, is this what he actually said?
c. How often is the Ox right with these rumours? One would assume he's more connected to the club than most in medialand.

Desipura
06-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Err this was mentioned in a previous post yesterday. Sorry I do not have the link.

EasternWest
06-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Considering Ox STILL calls Shaggy "HargraveS" and Aker "AkermaRnis" I'd take his 'insider' position with a grain of salt.

Doc26
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
I heard Ox yesterday stating that the Lake deal would get finalised. The Bulldogs were holding off from completing the deal due to B&F incentives within player contracts plus wanting room to manouevre during trade week if need be. He indicated that there wasn't a breakdown in the deal. Not sure how close the Ox really is. He didn't get any reference of thanks at the B&F by Rodney or David whereas I did hear John Barnes' name mentioned. I'd take his comments with a grain of salt.

What I do suspect is that the Dog's wont necessarily lose Brian over a shortage of money to offer. I would be far more concerned if Adelaide or Port Adelaide were chasing him as I suspect there could be a 'going home' factor involved with a young family now involved. With that said, I'm still hopeful that we will retain Brian.

bornadog
06-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Just now on SEN,

Bulldogs met last night and are confident on signing, however, Lakes mgr says lines of communication are open, Lake will not be forced into signing by outside influences.

This sounds like there is a sticking point in the contract and both parties are holding out.

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Sounds like Olarenshaw is shopping his client around.

bornadog
06-10-2009, 05:01 PM

If thats true, then must be approved by Lake

chef
06-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Just now on SEN,

Bulldogs met last night and are confident on signing, however, Lakes mgr says lines of communication are open, Lake will not be forced into signing by outside influences.

This sounds like there is a sticking point in the contract and both parties are holding out.

What does he mean by this?

Doc26
06-10-2009, 05:08 PM

The problem in this case is not with Ricky O.

bornadog
06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
What does he mean by this?

other clubs, supporters, media

bornadog
06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Ox has just said, Brian will sign tomorrow.

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Ox has just said, Brian will sign tomorrow.

You have created movement down below, bornadog :D

LostDog
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
TRADE WEEK: Brian Lake set to delay announcement of future until tomorrow. It appears certain he will sign at the Bulldogs in four-year deal

AndrewP6
06-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I heard he'll sign tomorrow too...and the lid is still on, but I'm getting excited.

BulldogBelle
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
TRADE WEEK: Brian Lake set to delay announcement of future until tomorrow. It appears certain he will sign at the Bulldogs in four-year deal

Lets hope so!

This is killing me.

cinder
06-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Lets hope so!

This is killing me.

I know!!!! Talk about building the suspence!!!

The Pie Man
06-10-2009, 06:53 PM
This would seriously be the best news

bulldogtragic
06-10-2009, 07:04 PM
If true, i'm still not happy with the way this has been handled. Very poor.

GVGjr
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
If true, i'm still not happy with the way this has been handled. Very poor.

In which sense? Brian, the club, the manager or the way he stalled at the original and apparently agreed to contract?

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Did anyone happen to hear James Fantasia on SEN this afternoon? Did he have anything to add that we don't already know?

Also, Schwarz noted before that his understanding of the Lake hold up is to do with the way in which the contract is backended - mainly that the 2010 wage would be less than what he received this year.

Of course, I am not taking the word of the Ox as gospel, and I don't know that he has much to do with the club anymore, but from what he says it sounds like his info might be coming from the Olarenshaw camp rather than any connections at the dogs (thats just what I have taken from his somewhat stubborn answers to callers).

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Did anyone happen to hear James Fantasia on SEN this afternoon? Did he have anything to add that we don't already know?

Not really. He did say when asked about Fev -- "he's not a route we decided we would take, but, not to be cheeky about it, in this business you learn to never-say-never".

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks Lantern :)

Doc26
06-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Pre interview with Fantasia tonight on SEN Ox was claiming the Lake deal would happen tomorrow morning.

Fantasia was nowhere near as adamant.

I interpreted Fantasia's comments tonight to be that there was still a sticking point in the negotiation. He said it may still happen tomorrow or it may happen next week. Both parties appear to be claiming the ball is not in their own court hence the stalemate. When asked, he indicated he couldn't go into the specifics of the issue/s.

Dry Rot
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Pre interview with Fantasia tonight on SEN Ox was claiming the Lake deal would happen tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed.

Doc26
06-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Fingers crossed.

Agree although from our end it would seem it may take more than that to sort it through.

Really hope that everything that could've been done through the season to re-sign Brian was explored as it would seem on the outside at least to have been somewhat mis-managed to get to this point. I may get shouted down for this opinion but I do hope at least that we can take a learning from it to mitigate a similar risk when it comes to Cooney and Griff next year.

LostDoggy
06-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Come on Bwian............you know we are on the verge of something special, sign and lets get on with it. I need to start making plans for next years GF
Get along liddle doggy... get along!!

AndrewP6
06-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Agree although from our end it would seem it may take more than that to sort it through.

Really hope that everything that could've been done through the season to re-sign Brian was explored as it would seem on the outside at least to have been somewhat mis-managed to get to this point. I may get shouted down for this opinion but I do hope at least that we can take a learning from it to mitigate a similar risk when it comes to Cooney and Griff next year.

Bryza has said all year that he wasn't going to do anything until the end of the year. I reckon they did OK given his insistence on this. Now we just need the hot tip (him signing tomorrrow!) to be accurate.

ledge
07-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Ox was on the money!
Just how often is his mail wrong?, he seems pretty good to me.