PDA

View Full Version : Lake re-signs -yeah baby

Jasper
07-10-2009, 12:39 AM
TRADE WEEK: The Western Bulldogs have locked away Brian Lake after finally agreeing to a new four-year deal. Announcement tomorrow
http://twitter.com/Whitey927

Pretty happy about this.:D:D:D:D

AndrewP6
07-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Really??? :D :D :D X 100,000,000 if its legitimate.

Dry Rot
07-10-2009, 01:36 AM
TRADE WEEK: The Western Bulldogs have locked away Brian Lake after finally agreeing to a new four-year deal. Announcement tomorrow
http://twitter.com/Whitey927

Pretty happy about this.:D:D:D:D

How reliable is this guy?

G-Mo77
07-10-2009, 01:40 AM
How reliable is this guy?

He's been pretty much on top of everything for most of the week.

It's also reported in the HUN and Ox on SEN said it would be announced sometime today.

I'll wait until I see it official before I start celebrating.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-10-2009, 01:45 AM
He's been pretty much on top of everything for most of the week.

It's also reported in the HUN and Ox on SEN said it would be announced sometime today.

I'll wait until I see it official before I start celebrating.

Ditto.

Especially with The Age's article suggesting he has to decide this morning whether he'll re-sign or not. Otherwise, we'll put him up for trade.

I must say, I am leaning towards Mark Stevens and the HUN though.

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 06:42 AM
This is fantastic news if true.

Go Doggies...

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Just heard on sen Lake has re-signed:D

Mantis
07-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Just heard on sen Lake has re-signed:D

Not yet.

He has agreed to stay a Bulldog, but there are still a few things to work out in the contract before he signs. James Fantasia said it might be today, Ricky O said it might not be til next week.

w3design
07-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Good news.

G-Mo77
07-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Press Conference at 11 am.

Lake is a Bulldog for life so it seems. :D

Sedat
07-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Fantastic news for the club, but we'll all be reconvening in 11 months time when we start this all over again with Ricky O and Coons.

We simply could not afford to lose one of the best full backs in the competition, so for our future premiership prospects, this is a great day for the club.

EasternWest
07-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Bulldog for life.

That's it. I'm now officially unable to control my excitement for 2010. Two big bookends could be just the thing for us to go all the way.

EasternWest
07-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Fantastic news for the club, but we'll all be reconvening in 11 months time when we start this all over again with Ricky O and Coons.

We simply could not afford to lose one of the best full backs in the competition, so for our future premiership prospects, this is a great day for the club.

Spot on Sedat about losing Lake. Close to our most important signing.

I'm not so sure about Cooney, maybe I'm being optimistic in the afterglow but I kind of get the feeling that he loves being at the club and wants to stay. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him sign an extension early next year. The club has shown a lot of faith in Cooney (which he is no doubt repaying). I don't know, I just get the feeling that he sees himself as a Bulldog.

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know any details about the deal?
How much?
Is it back-ended?

cinder
07-10-2009, 12:17 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

So relieved!!!

Remi Moses
07-10-2009, 04:03 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

So relieved!!!

I'll second that PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEW!

Sedat
07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm not so sure about Cooney, maybe I'm being optimistic in the afterglow but I kind of get the feeling that he loves being at the club and wants to stay. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him sign an extension early next year. The club has shown a lot of faith in Cooney (which he is no doubt repaying). I don't know, I just get the feeling that he sees himself as a Bulldog.
I admire your optimism but with GC17 coming into the competition in 2011, out of contract stars in their early/mid 20's will be offered the farm and then some. Behind Gablett and Franklin, I reckon Cooney would be almost at the top of GC17's shopping list this time next year. And with Ricky O behind the wheel, you can be rest assured that $$$ will become a somewhat important part of the equation.

Desipura
07-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I admire your optimism but with GC17 coming into the competition in 2011, out of contract stars in their early/mid 20's will be offered the farm and then some. Behind Gablett and Franklin, I reckon Cooney would be almost at the top of GC17's shopping list this time next year. And with Ricky O behind the wheel, you can be rest assured that $$$ will become a somewhat important part of the equation.
I agree, however if we were to win the GF next year, it would be that little bit harder to leave I would think as it created a tighter bond. As opposed to falling short again. There would be that added incentive to try and keep the playing group together by trying to go back to back. Getting ahead of myself, however you get the jist........

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh yeah, do the happy dance :D

EasternWest
08-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Fair enough too. But is it ok for me to say I hope you're wrong and I'm right? :D :D

Doc26
08-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I reckon Cooney would be almost at the top of GC17's shopping list this time next year. And with Ricky O behind the wheel, you can be rest assured that $$$ will become a somewhat important part of the equation.

If it isn't already a key focus, which one would assume it is, I'd be working hard now to negotiate extensions for Coons and Griff to mitigate them even being on a shopping list at this time next year. Couldn't bare going through another Bryza saga times 2.

ledge
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Lake goes over the top of Fev, pulls in a screamer, lands on his feet, plays on, one bounce around Brown, 2 bounces, 3 bounces along the wing, long kick to centre half forward, Hall on the chest, fends off Merret, turns and goals.
Do we need any others in the team?

soupman
12-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Lake goes over the top of Fev, pulls in a screamer, lands on his feet, plays on, one bounce around Brown, 2 bounces, 3 bounces along the wing, long kick to centre half forward, Hall on the chest, fends off Merret, turns and goals.
Do we need any others in the team?

Stephen Tiller so Barry can squirt water on him in celebration.

LostDoggy
13-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Awesome news hes signed up, got a msg from my friend telling me....it was hard to get internet access on this tour im doing around Europe atm, so that msg i got put a smile on my face...

I dont think iwas too worried about Lakey not signing up tho...