Lake

I'm getting a little excited for 2010

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Get back to work Dex.

Does look good.

1eyedog
07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Deep forward and back look good. Cooney struggled for form because of injury and Murph is not a CHF. Williams is an uncertain proposition at CHB. It still looks suspect but it looks better because of Hall than what it did. Hahn will still probably play at CHF even though Murph will be our target coming in.

Scorlibo
07-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Deep forward and back look good. Cooney struggled for form because of injury and Murph is not a CHF. Williams is an uncertain proposition at CHB. It still looks suspect but it looks better because of Hall than what it did. Hahn will still probably play at CHF even though Murph will be our target coming in.

I disagree strongly,

Lake is the best FB in the competition at the moment.

Williams will benefit massively from an injury free run, is athletically gifted and Brian is the ideal mentor for him to use his run.

Cooney is a Brownlow Medallist, and we are yet to see the best of him.

Murphy gives all you'd ever want from a CHF, he is a terrific overhead mark at full pace and is always quick to play on and create towards goal. Remember he is just 4 cm shorter than Matthew Pavlich with a bigger jump - players aren't defined by their height.

Hall is obviously the big edition, and the completion of our spine.

So Williams' injury concerns are the sticking point, but straight off the top of my head, that's close to the best spine in the competition.

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 10:12 PM
It looks pretty good to me, and then add in the mix - Johnno, Aker, Boyd, etc. who all like to have a shot at goal at times ;) Here's to an injury free pre season for Tommygun - I'll drink to that!

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Does anyone else start to salivate at the prospect of playing Everitt at CHF?
I have never seen him play there, but just think that is the right position for him in the long run and he has the right number on his back as well.....

A half forward line of Murph / Everitt / Higgins would be first class i reckon....

Dogz-21
07-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Williams is yet to be entirely proven. I'm not sure how to put this but while I think that Boyd is our most 'complete' midfielder, if that makes sense. Have no objection to Murphy playing his old lead up forward role. Lake should be good again and Hall is a very good addition.
Not quite perfect but we're getting there.

AndrewP6
07-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Williams will benefit massively from an injury free run, is athletically gifted and Brian is the ideal mentor for him to use his run.

So Williams' injury concerns are the sticking point, but straight off the top of my head, that's close to the best spine in the competition.

Williams would benefit from an injury free run, but the HUGE question mark remains over whether his body is capable of achieving this. The spine does look really good, but that CHB spot is so important, and Williams is a week-to-week proposition IMO...like everyone, I hope he can stay on the paddock in 2010 and beyond.

Scorlibo
07-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Williams would benefit from an injury free run, but the HUGE question mark remains over whether his body is capable of achieving this. The spine does look really good, but that CHB spot is so important, and Williams is a week-to-week proposition IMO...like everyone, I hope he can stay on the paddock in 2010 and beyond.

I agree, Williams has been one of the more injury prone players I've seen pass through the club, but on the premiss that he has an injury free run as in the utopia the OP suggested, he will be a very good player. Fingers crossed for some Tommygun luck!

AndrewP6
07-10-2009, 11:03 PM
. Fingers crossed for some Tommygun luck!

Hear hear!

strebla
07-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Don't know about anyone else but I am looking for a big preseason from Bouman I think he will be the long term guy at CHB and I want Roughie at CHF by 2011

anfo27
07-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Don't know about anyone else but I am looking for a big preseason from Bouman I think he will be the long term guy at CHB and I want Roughie at CHF by 2011

Haven't seen a lot of the kid but is he mobile enough to play there?

Scorlibo
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM

I agree that Boumann is coming along nicely, but that said his stocks have been given a considerable lift by those on this site and he is still probably 2-3 years away from the best 22 and he shouldn't compromise Williams' position.

Roughead is being shaped as a Ruckman from my understanding, his tap work is excellent. Cordy and Jones look like the two CHF candidates.

hujsh
07-10-2009, 11:25 PM
[/B]

Haven't seen a lot of the kid but is he mobile enough to play there?

I doubt it. From all reports he's a ruckman first, forward second. I think being a tall player with the name Roughead makes people forget that

bornadog
08-10-2009, 12:13 AM
I agree that Boumann is coming along nicely, but that said his stocks have been given a considerable lift by those on this site and he is still probably 2-3 years away from the best 22 and he shouldn't compromise Williams' position.

Roughead is being shaped as a Ruckman from my understanding, his tap work is excellent. Cordy and Jones look like the two CHF candidates.

I would see Jones at CHF and Cordy also in the ruck. Boumann has also played forward, so some options there in a few years time.