PDA

View Full Version : H/O To Advantage

Go_Dogs
13-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Street and Darcy were both very important today. I was a bit hesitant about Street coming back in, but his ability to palm the ball to the right spots today was good early, and he also help out with some good marks down back.

Darcy was excellent too, really played himself into some good form rucking today.

The most pleasing aspect of it all though, was that for once it seemed as if we had a bit of purpose around the clearance. Cooney was dangerous time and time again. If the umpires are going to protect the exciting players, he better be next on the list for protection. Today Melbourne worked pretty well to hold him up and block his run at the ball, but he was working very hard to get to those spots and make himself dangerous. Harder than he's worked all year.

Certainly made us look a lot more dangerous, and especially on a stop play in the forward line. Every time we looked as though we'd kick a goal off a throw in or ball up inside our F50.

Very pleasing. Makes Minson's job hard to get back in too.

LostDoggy
13-05-2007, 08:57 PM
While I thought Street was effective today really Darcy added a lot of spark to the team. They are a good combination and both palmed the ball well today. Makes a big difference doesn't it?

Go_Dogs
13-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Certainly does.

Perhaps it's time for Minson to work on being a key forward/ruckmen. With forward as his main priority.

GVGjr
13-05-2007, 09:05 PM
Certainly does.

Perhaps it's time for Minson to work on being a key forward/ruckmen. With forward as his main priority.

I think the ruck is Minson's go at the moment but he needs a lot of work. I wonder if we have the right mix of coaching options for him to develop?

Bulldog Revolution
14-05-2007, 02:49 PM
I think the ruck is Minson's go at the moment but he needs a lot of work. I wonder if we have the right mix of coaching options for him to develop?

I think we expect a lot of Minson, he is stil young and has developed enormously since arriving at the club. He was terrific in the Collingwood final last year and has played some good footy this year, but had lost touch and will go back and be better for it. He is definitely on the right path for my money.

Dry Rot
14-05-2007, 04:05 PM
IIRC wasn't Minson recruited as a tall forward, not a ruckman?

bornadog
14-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Yes I believe so.

Do you think we should be using Cam Wight in the ruck as much as we have in the past couple of games?

southerncross
14-05-2007, 06:41 PM

I think as a junior footballer he preferred to play as a forward rather than a ruckman but from what I have seen he would need some vast improvement to be a forward under the Eade scheme of things. I think Eade would class him as a pure ruckman.

My guess is that Eade would now prefer to have one ruckman being supported by the likes of Wight, Skipper and McDougall. I wonder if he would be game enough to go into a match with just Darcy and Wight?