PDA

View Full Version : Who is our Campbell Brown?

Mofra
07-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Brown's linking to a trade to Port for Burgoyne has really stirred up the Hawks nest. A favourite son who bleeds brown & gold, he is rumoured to be shattered to have even been mentioned in trade talk.
In one trading week the Hawks could lose both a Brown & a Kennedy and perhaps some of teh perception that they are the "family club".

Brown has many limitations but ticker certainly isn't one of them.

I'm just wondering, from a trading point of view, who the Bulldogs equivalent would be? Certainly guys who barracked for the club like Smith & Johnson would have been a few years ago; do we have a current equivalent?

hujsh
07-10-2009, 01:49 PM
We have 3. Boyd, Cross and Morris. Morris is like Brown in the way he plays but Boyd is like Brown because he has a bit of a temper and will let his team mate know if they're screwing up. Cross is similar because of his work ethic and determination but less so than the above two.

EasternWest
07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Boyd. Fire in his eyes and belly. Let's his actions show what he demands from his teammates and will let them know if they have not met his expectations.

But I don't know if we strictly have a Brown. He does have a huge ticker, but he's a bit of a sniper himself. I'm not sure I've seen any of our players do things that I would call outright dirty in or behind play. And certainly not Boyd. I get the feeling that if Boyd was going to hit you, he'd be man enough to tell you first.

Big Will
07-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm assuming you meant a player who is not the same temperament as Campbell Brown but a player who holds the same value as Brown to dogggies supporters.

In that case I vote Robert Murphy. Bleeds red, white and blue and is as loyal as anyone to the club.

chef
07-10-2009, 04:04 PM
IMO Minson is going to be.

Topdog
07-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm assuming you meant a player who is not the same temperament as Campbell Brown but a player who holds the same value as Brown to dogggies supporters.

In that case I vote Robert Murphy. Bleeds red, white and blue and is as loyal as anyone to the club.

That is how I read the post. I don't think we have one actually.

Desipura
07-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Liam Picken

ledge
07-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Barry Hall!

Cyberdoggie
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
You could say we have dour type players like Picken, Morris, Cross, Boyd etc
but I don't think we have anyone quite like Campbell Brown.

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I might be on a different track here but I reckon Lake was the obvious one and only one. I don't think anyone else was untouchable given the right price. Hawks are a bad example here, there fans and club think all their players are untouchable. I doubt they'll get Burgoyne because they won't give up anything good.

BulldogBelle
07-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Agree Ernie, they remind of the Collingwood mindset from a few years ago. No-one wanted to do business with them.

Sedat
07-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Chris "Tim Boyle = Shaun Higgins" Pelchan :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EasternWest
07-10-2009, 07:33 PM

Surely you jest?

Big Will
07-10-2009, 07:37 PM

This whole Campbell Brown thing suggests that Hawthorn are getting some of their own back. Hawthorn have been more than happy to throw other clubs into a spot of turmoil for their own benefit e.g Josh Gibson and Shaun Burgoyne. They even talked up their chances of getting Lake.

Well done to Port Adelaide for undermining them. Does anyone else suspect this information/false leak was given to Rucci specifically for the purpose it served? :cool:

LostDoggy
07-10-2009, 08:00 PM
This whole Campbell Brown thing suggests that Hawthorn are getting some of their own back. Hawthorn have been more than happy to throw other clubs into a spot of turmoil for their own benefit e.g Josh Gibson and Shaun Burgoyne. They even talked up their chances of getting Lake.

Well done to Port Adelaide for undermining them. Does anyone else suspect this information/false leak was given to Rucci specifically for the purpose it served? :cool:

No false leak just Hawthorn threw them the name knowing Campbell wouldn't do it or the back lash they'd cop.

Doc26
07-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Don't really think we have one. Plays like the old nuggety back pocket from a bygone era. Closest to me would be a Dylan Addison.

Dazza
07-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Mitch Hahn?

Dogz-21
07-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Mitch Hahn is probably what you would call an enforcer.
Smith and Johnno always seemed like the passionate Bulldogs couple.
As has been mentioned it's Boyd and Cross who come across as very passionate.
Can't really disagree with Morris and Murphy though either.

Sedat
07-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Surely you jest?
That's what the Pelican wanted for Tim Boyle two years ago - that or our first round pick :rolleyes:

And they wonder why nobody wants to deal with them during trade week :rolleyes: