PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season training

OLD SCRAGGer
08-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know when Pre-season training starts? Can't wait to get down to Whitten Oval to take a 1st hand look at Barry in a Doggies jumper:)

The Coon Dog
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know when Pre-season training starts? Can't wait to get down to Whitten Oval to take a 1st hand look at Barry in a Doggies jumper:)

From memory I think they have 6 weeks off after the season ends, so perhaps early November.

alwaysadog
09-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Does anybody have a list of players who had operations and how much of their preseasons will be interrupted?

To kick it off I think Tiller and Reid will not be fit till mid Jan, both will miss a huge chunk of the fitness base work.

wb_age
09-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Brad Johnson came into my work the other day nursing what looked like a shoulder injury as his arm was in a sling.

I wasn't intrusive enough to ask what had happened though.

ledge
09-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Brad Johnson came into my work the other day nursing what looked like a shoulder injury as his arm was in a sling.

I wasn't intrusive enough to ask what had happened though.

No excuse we are WOOF we have the power to ask! ;)

wb_age
10-10-2009, 03:14 AM
And then again we WOOF has the coondog who could most probably tell you what he was operated on, where, by whom and exact time all in one fell swoop!

Doc26
10-10-2009, 12:14 PM
And then again we WOOF has the coondog who could most probably tell you what he was operated on, where, by whom and exact time all in one fell swoop!

Our very own Hutchy with cred.

alwaysadog
10-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Our very own Hutchy with cred.

Not sure he'll be thrilled with the comparison.

The Coon Dog
10-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Not sure he'll be thrilled with the comparison.

Hutchy'll get over it. ;)

alwaysadog
10-10-2009, 12:58 PM

He should feel honoured. :D

ledge
10-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Anything the club does is passed by TCD for approval.

alwaysadog
10-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Anything the club does is passed by TCD for approval.

Is that an official process or just in terms of his consultancy retainer?

ledge
11-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Official! in fact I wouldnt be surprised if the AFL pass everything past TCD in the future beacuse the person doing it now is a basket case whoever it is.

ledge
11-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Back to thread, can someone please enlighten us when they have details, wouldnt mind a beer and a look in the warm weather at Big Bad Bulldog Bazza and the boys.

Twodogs
11-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Heh! I'm not sure he'll ever get over the fact that you have better contacts than him though.

Hutchy has an interesting life. I was listening to SEN yesterday and he's back in the US already-he lives there when it's not footy season. It occured to me while I was listening that he'd never see summer and he'd miss spring in Melbourne which is the best time of year.

KT31
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Does anybody have a list of players who had operations and how much of their preseasons will be interrupted?

To kick it off I think Tiller and Reid will not be fit till mid Jan, both will miss a huge chunk of the fitness base work.

I imagine Cross will be a late starter after his ankle surgery.

Bulldog4life
11-10-2009, 05:47 PM

I believe I read that Murph's op will have him recuperating for 3 mths.

ledge
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I believe I read that Murph's op will have him recuperating for 3 mths.

Question is what does recuperate mean 3 months until he starts up training or 3 months and he is fullt fit , trained up and ready to go?

Recuperate i would imagine means until your back to your normal self again.
So if its 3 months and ready to go he wont be missed.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Heh! I'm not sure he'll ever get over the fact that you have better contacts than him though.

Hutchy has an interesting life. I was listening to SEN yesterday and he's back in the US already-he lives there when it's not footy season. It occured to me while I was listening that he'd never see summer and he'd miss spring in Melbourne which is the best time of year.

Strange. Did he say why he lives in the US?

Can't imagine him living there.

Bulldog4life
11-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Question is what does recuperate mean 3 months until he starts up training or 3 months and he is fullt fit , trained up and ready to go?

I think it meant that he would start training after 3 months. That's how I read it.

alwaysadog
11-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Why are we speculating when we can be informed from the horse's mouth?

alwaysadog
11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Official! in fact I wouldnt be surprised if the AFL pass everything past TCD in the future beacuse the person doing it now is a basket case whoever it is.

I'd be surprised if they noticed, as long as a basket case can say "Yes Andy" s/he is in.

Bulldog4life
11-10-2009, 08:23 PM

More information on our injuries and operations:

DALE Morris has a broken leg, a stress fracture to his tibia.
Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade yesterday said Morris would need six to eight weeks of total rest to allow the injury to heal.

The Dogs' injury problems don't end there, with key midfielders Daniel Cross and Adam Cooney booked in for surgery.

Cross requires reconstructive surgery on his right ankle and will be sidelined for three months.

Cooney will go in for another clean-up on his knee which will not be a major impasse on his pre-season regimen.

Will Minson, who carried a toe injury into the game against the Saints, needs surgery to repair the problem.

Forward Robert Murphy needs up to four months of rest to allow a patella injury to settle.

Emerging player Easton Wood requires a shoulder reconstruction and Sam Reid and Stephen Tiller will have groin surgery.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,26101081-5016212,00.html

I believe since this appeared in the newspaper Crossy needs surgery to his left ankle too.

alwaysadog
11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
I wonder if Nurse Rachet is available.

Ozza
12-10-2009, 12:15 PM
More information on our injuries and operations:

DALE Morris has a broken leg, a stress fracture to his tibia.
Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade yesterday said Morris would need six to eight weeks of total rest to allow the injury to heal.

The Dogs' injury problems don't end there, with key midfielders Daniel Cross and Adam Cooney booked in for surgery.

Cross requires reconstructive surgery on his right ankle and will be sidelined for three months.

Cooney will go in for another clean-up on his knee which will not be a major impasse on his pre-season regimen.

Will Minson, who carried a toe injury into the game against the Saints, needs surgery to repair the problem.

Forward Robert Murphy needs up to four months of rest to allow a patella injury to settle.

Emerging player Easton Wood requires a shoulder reconstruction and Sam Reid and Stephen Tiller will have groin surgery.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,26101081-5016212,00.html

I believe since this appeared in the newspaper Crossy needs surgery to his left ankle too.

I mentioned on another thread, Liam Picken had a shouler re-co last week. He is in a sling recovering but it will be 4 months recovery all in all. Not sure when he can resume running.