PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Brown

steveyp
08-10-2009, 12:08 PM
What a perfect scalp if we can land this one. Definitely a massive inclusion to help assist in taking contested marks. What do you guys think of the chances of him coming to the kennel?

Jasper
08-10-2009, 12:49 PM
OMG!! I thought you were talking about Judas (the other NB) there for a minute.
Would be a good pick up for us to play at CHB if Williams never gets to where we need him to get to.

LostDoggy
08-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Has he been put up for trade?

Swoop
08-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Since we're living in hypothetical land, if he were to come to the dogs and we did have a fully fit Williams, would we contemplate playing Williams forward? I do recall a few years ago a club official stating that eventually Wililams could become a centre half forward. Is this realistic also taking into account Hall will most likely take the best tall defender.

EasternWest
08-10-2009, 01:11 PM
What a perfect scalp if we can land this one. Definitely a massive inclusion to help assist in taking contested marks. What do you guys think of the chances of him coming to the kennel?

Gee I saw the title of your thread and almost gave you both barrels!

I'm not sure about NB, doesn't look to have as good disposal or be as mobile as his twin. But he is brave and big. What do we give up for him?

Doc26
08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Since we're living in hypothetical land, if he were to come to the dogs and we did have a fully fit Williams, would we contemplate playing Williams forward? I do recall a few years ago a club official stating that eventually Wililams could become a centre half forward. Is this realistic also taking into account Hall will most likely take the best tall defender.

A hypothetical possibility. Tom still has a lot of development and proving to do. At this stage in his progress I often sit there extremely nervous when he either has the ball or is near to a contest in the backline. For me this anxiety would be amplified come finals time IF we make it and not addressed. So for me a yes simply on possibility.

The Underdog
08-10-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't remember that much of seeing him play to make a judgement, but I'd rather Jesse White or Simon Black. Or alternatively just keep Everitt and stay the hell out of it.

(sorry couldn't come up with any more colour names for the life of me)

LostDoggy
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't remember that much of seeing him play to make a judgement, but I'd rather Jesse White or Simon Black. Or alternatively just keep Everitt and stay the hell out of it.

Jonathan Brown?

bulldogtragic
08-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Not 100% sold on this idea just yet.

EasternWest
08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Jonathan Brown?

Jade Rawlings?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Don't mention the war.

AndrewP6
08-10-2009, 11:06 PM

Not sure if any of these are available, but they fit the colour name criteria :)

- Brad Green
- Leigh Brown

LostDoggy
08-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Tommy Alvin Purple

BulldogBelle
08-10-2009, 11:29 PM
This N Brown would be a great pick up. I remember his first few games - didn't he play on J Brown, Pavlich and Lloyd in his first 3??? Welcome to the big time!!

Sockeye Salmon
08-10-2009, 11:42 PM
This N Brown would be a great pick up. I remember his first few games - didn't he play on J Brown, Pavlich and Lloyd in his first 3??? Welcome to the big time!!

Very similar to Skinny.

Take 1 pick apart in the draft, both started off very well but but both spent most of 2009 playing VFL.

Rocco Jones
08-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Very similar to Skinny.

Take 1 pick apart in the draft, both started off very well but but both spent most of 2009 playing VFL.

Brown is an old school, one-dimensional full back and the worst club for him to be at is Collingwood. Prest is the best old school, 1D full back in the league and there is probably only room for one of that type in a decent 22.

Not sure what we would do if we got him and Tom Williams somehow stayed fit for a couple of weeks in a row.

Doc26
08-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Brown is an old school, one-dimensional full back and the worst club for him to be at is Collingwood.

Yes, unlike our magnificent Bryza who we can now watch in 3D for the next 4 years - you little beauty :D:D:D

Rocco Jones
08-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Yes, unlike our magnificent Bryza who we can now watch in 3D for the next 4 years - you little beauty :D:D:D

By the 4th year he will probably be struggling to move but that's too far away for me to really care.

Doc26
08-10-2009, 11:57 PM
By the 4th year he will probably be struggling to move but that's too far away for me to really care.

Indeed and our dynasty will be complete :D

AndrewP6
08-10-2009, 11:59 PM

But by the 4th year, Bazza will be just hitting his straps... :D

EasternWest
09-10-2009, 12:12 PM
But by the 4th year, Bazza will be just hitting his straps... :D

I hope you're not using the term "his straps" as a euphemism for his direct opponent!;)

Sedat
09-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Rumour duing the rounds is that N Brown and pick 62 have gone to St Kilda for Ball

AndrewP6
09-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I hope you're not using the term "his straps" as a euphemism for his direct opponent!;)

haha...who knows? (Not even Bazza!)

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Not sure if any of these are available, but they fit the colour name criteria :)

- Brad Green
- Leigh Brown

How about Matthew Scarlett? ;)

Nuggety Back Pocket
14-10-2009, 03:48 PM

Brown's best years were with the Doggies in former years. Unfortunately leg injuries in recent times has sadly reduced Nathan to an ordinary player these days.Would be very lucky to get picked up anywhere, certainly not by one of the better sides.

Remi Moses
14-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Brown's best years were with the Doggies in former years. Unfortunately leg injuries in recent times has sadly reduced Nathan to an ordinary player these days.Would be very lucky to get picked up anywhere, certainly not by one of the better sides.

Umm wrong brown. You're thinking of the overpriced t-shirt vendor. Collingwood's Brown

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 04:28 PM
How about Ian "Sockeye" Salmon
Sorry I had to do it, I know it is lame and I couldn't even get the right colour, do not be too harsh on me.

To err is human
To arr is pirate.