PDA

View Full Version : Aker & Eagleton

LostDoggy
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
SO... do we know what the 2 old boys are doing yet? Someone told me they heard that Aker was staying, but I havenn't found anything official? :confused:

ledge
12-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Eade has hinted a few times he wants Aker to stay on, just think its juggling the Moola around to suit the club best, no doubt Akers wage isnt a problem just the right way to figure it in salary cap wise.

Tend to think Akers wage will be small on the books but made up in another industry where he actually works (media) unlike a certain Carlton player who represents a company i have never seen him promote!

Aker to me is as valuable as Hall will be off the field as well as on it, teaching players the intracacies of the position they play.

LostDoggy
12-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Aker or Eagle maybe the question at the Dogs at the moment. Who would you chose?

Bumper Bulldogs
12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Aker or Eagle maybe the question at the Dogs at the moment. Who would you chose?

Clearly it would be Aker as we need one of these guys to move on and let a young kid come into the side. I think the younger kids would be better suited to the wing than up forward.

Dancin' Douggy
12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Aker

1eyedog
12-10-2009, 09:51 PM

Aker........................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ............Eagleton.

westbulldog
12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
10 Brownlow Medal votes - Aker

AndrewP6
12-10-2009, 10:43 PM
If it's one or the other...Aker.

EasternWest
12-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I've already made my feelings known on Eagle on another thread. I think he's done enough to go again. But if I have to choose only one, it's Aker. His class and nous put him well in front.

Scraggers
12-10-2009, 11:52 PM
The club had to take the hard decision to retire Scotty West probably one season early (in my opinion) ...

I think its time to do the same with Eagleton ... He has been a good servant of the club, but to quote Big Brother's Gretel ... It's time to go ... Egg-Head

Aker most definitely has another season (or two) in him :D

strebla
13-10-2009, 12:01 AM
I would say Aker is well ahead of the bald one but what does Eade think I would think he would want them both.

Dry Rot
13-10-2009, 12:12 AM
I would say Aker is well ahead of the bald one but what does Eade think I would think he would want them both.

Is the equation this - we make the GF next season and would prefer Eagle, Wood or Everitt in the team for that game?

KT31
13-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Acker.

Dry Rot
13-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Is the equation this - we make the GF next season and would you prefer Eagle, Wood or Everitt in the team for that game?

Acker.

Wasn't an option there.

LostDoggy
13-10-2009, 08:43 AM
Is the equation this - we make the GF next season and would prefer Eagle, Wood or Everitt in the team for that game?

No preference, who ever is in form at the time.

Mofra
13-10-2009, 10:07 AM
The club had to take the hard decision to retire Scotty West probably one season early (in my opinion) ...

He was very slow the start of that year then injured himself. Would have been too slow for the modern game even if he had been able to shake the injury (which was uncertain).

In a weak draft keep them both. Neither will be on serious coin for a footballer next year anyway.

1eyedog
13-10-2009, 10:32 AM
No preference, who ever is in form at the time.

Yep provided they all have an opportunity whoever earns a spot

chef
13-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Eagle for me. Yet to be seen if those other two can run out a game like the Eagle.

This years shallow draft should ensure he goes on, as he's not taking a spot on the main list and only half his small salary will be included in the cap.

Remi Moses
13-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Eagle for me. Yet to be seen if those other two can run out a game like the Eagle.

This years shallow draft should ensure he goes on, as he's not taking a spot on the main list and only half his small salary will be included in the cap.

Lot of future gazing here. Players can go over the cliff very quickly in this era