PDA

View Full Version : Fnwb

AndrewP6
14-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Not sure if anyone here knows much about it... there is a site out there in cyberspace called "Footscray Not Western Bulldogs"... has anyone here seen it? as the name suggests, it's been set up to keep the Footscray history part of the club alive, and to "to see Footscray re-introduced as the name of the Australian Football League team now known as the Western Bulldogs"... also has a section on the current playing guernsey, (THEY HATE ROBODOG!) and the logo... during the season, it features a ladder with names of old/original teams from yesteryear..."Central Demons" "Eastern Magpies"...

Anyone had a look there?

GVGjr
14-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Not sure if anyone here knows much about it... there is a site out there in cyberspace called "Footscray Not Western Bulldogs"... has anyone here seen it? as the name suggests, it's been set up to keep the Footscray history part of the club alive, and to "to see Footscray re-introduced as the name of the Australian Football League team now known as the Western Bulldogs"... also has a section on the current playing guernsey, (THEY HATE ROBODOG!) and the logo... during the season, it features a ladder with names of old/original teams from yesteryear..."Central Demons" "Eastern Magpies"...

Anyone had a look there?

It's a tremendous site and I hop on for a browse quite regularly.

AndrewP6
14-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Just looking at it a bit more... they have a forum too! They're certainly a dedicated group!

LostDoggy
14-10-2009, 11:51 PM

Anyone had a look there?

Great site a lot of bulldog history and video footage.

Hotdog60
14-10-2009, 11:55 PM
I actually found this yesterday, great looking at some of the old video footage. That's what the scavenger hunt got me to looking for Glenn coleman.

mighty_west
15-10-2009, 02:53 PM
The great caveman has done a sensational job making up & running the site, continually adding more features, video's etc.

LostDoggy
15-10-2009, 04:41 PM
This site makes me laugh, it has great content and I love reading all the tongue in cheek (but serious) applications of nicknames.

during the season, it features a ladder with names of old/original teams from yesteryear..."Central Demons" "Eastern Magpies"...

I think the ladder is meant to poke fun, ala how boring/silly would the ladder look if all teams changed their traditional name over to a location and nickname club name just like ours.

Oh and a heads up, when I just visited the site my antivirus blocked a trojan, so be careful!

The Adelaide Connection
15-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Found this site a while back and posted something at the time, it absolutely blew me away with the volume of content and as a younger member I especially loved Reading first hand accounts of some of the big moments and games of our club.

My only criticism is that while a lot of the naming stuff is pretty Tongue and cheek, there are aspects of the site that I find perhaps a little too bitter. IMO It gives the aura of "the club is going to keep failing because of these things" which I find a little harsh and, well, childish.

That aside it is a magnificent resource and I take my hat off to whoever has poured the substantial hours into it that it would have taken. Certainly worth a few visits if you don't mind losing many, many hours.

Remi Moses
15-10-2009, 10:11 PM
They had some Collingwood flog on there bagging the west and our footy club which got my blood boiling!! Very sad when reading that it was 20,000 days since our last flag during the season:(:(

Bulldog4life
15-10-2009, 11:32 PM
They had some Collingwood flog on there bagging the west and our footy club which got my blood boiling!! Very sad when reading that it was 20,000 days since our last flag during the season:(:(

Makes the next one even sweeter.:)

LostDoggy
16-10-2009, 06:37 PM
I think that site is how i found out about this site :)