PDA

View Full Version : What Changes Round 8?

bornadog
15-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Its already round 8 a third of the HA season, where has it gone.

Do we make any changes this week? Are Collingwood going to be too tall for us in the forward line with Rocca, Cloke, Bryan? Should Williams come in and take on Cloke, or can Robbins with his 6 goals displace any one?

The coaching staff will be thinking of the match ups, can you predict what they will do?

Go_Dogs
15-05-2007, 05:56 PM

I was thinking the same thing. After such a long summer with no footy, it's now flying by.

southerncross
15-05-2007, 06:26 PM

Do we make any changes this week? Are Collingwood going to be too tall for us in the forward line with Rocca, Cloke, Bryan? Should Williams come in and take on Cloke, or can Robbins with his 6 goals displace any one?

The coaching staff will be thinking of the match ups, can you predict what they will do?

I think Raw Toast suggested Morris on Didak and even Robbins on Heath Shaw. Harris on Rocca makes sense and I'm sure Boyd will be given a big assignment.
Other than that is there many more match-ups that we need to control?

firstdogonthemoon
15-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I think Raw Toast suggested Morris on Didak and even Robbins on Heath Shaw. Harris on Rocca makes sense and I'm sure Boyd will be given a big assignment.
Other than that is there many more match-ups that we need to control?

Is neon leon playing? He often plays well against us.

bornadog
17-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Prediction

In Williams

Out: Harbrow

GVGjr
17-05-2007, 03:03 PM
Prediction

In Williams

Out: Harbrow

Do we need more height particularly in defence? Williams was pretty good last week but is there really a spot for him?

bornadog
17-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Do we need more height particularly in defence? Williams was pretty good last week but is there really a spot for him?

Rocca 195 cm Cloke 197cm , Bryan197/Fraser 202 all talls. Hargrave/Morris 190 cm Harris 195, Wight 200cm

Anyway, teams just in:

In Minson, Power and Robbins

Out: Nil at this stage

Dry Rot
17-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Anyway, teams just in:

In Minson, Power and Robbins

Out: Nil at this stage

Anyone see any of these playing? Doubt it would be Minson, ditto Robbins given the thread here about him so that leaves Power.

dog town
17-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Think Robbins is a chance regardless of what I said in the other thread. Just depends on how Eade wants to set up. If he thinks we need another dangerous deep target then Robbins could force someone out. Power is a touch stiff to be out at the moment and getting 33 touches first game down at werribee was a very impressive effort but I dont see any glaring need for him.

Dry Rot
17-05-2007, 10:35 PM
DT,

Do you reckon that Faulkner deserves a game now?

What do you think of Addison?

dog town
18-05-2007, 07:02 PM
DT,

Do you reckon that Faulkner deserves a game now?

What do you think of Addison?
Dont get to see much of Werribee because of my own local footy commitments but everyone I have heard from says he has been doing well at Werribee. Unfortunately for him it doesn't matter whether he deserves a game or not because he s only going to get a game when a suitable spot in the side becomes available. I think he can give us a bit of a different ingredient if he can make the most of his opportunities (no doubt he will get a game at some stage) but he really needs to nail his next opportunity. He has been a bit unlucky with the timing of his injuries in the past but probably hasn't always helped himself either. His attack on the footy is something that can really add to our side as long as he brings the rest of his game up to the level it needs to be at.

I like what I have seen of Addison so far but he has a long way to go.I would say .....

Strengths- Hard at the ball and man, good courage, reasonably strong in the air, good athlete in that he can run and jump pretty well, clean hands

Weaknesses- Average by foot, doesn't hurt alot going forward and just in general he is very raw.

Initial thoughts were he looked like a small defender but with time he may become an inside midfielder. It is always very hard to tell early on because basically every running player picked up from the junior comps can play a bit so none of them are going to look well out of their depth and all of them have atleast one admirable attribute eg; speed, courage, kicking skills. I suppose once they get picked it depends on how much they want it and are able to improve the weaker parts of their game. Just my gut feel with Addison is that Clayton picked him on work ethic/personality a little bit like Cross. Seems to really want to make it. It is a fine line between being a Gilbee/Cross or a Birss/B.Murphy and it can go either way. My point is that it is just too early to tell. Really like his attack on the football though.

bornadog
19-05-2007, 12:12 AM
No Changes for Dogs

WESTERN BULLDOGS v COLLINGWOOD
Sunday, 2:10pm AEST, Telstra Dome

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: McMahon, Harris, Morris
HB: Gilbee, Wight, Hargrave
C: Eagleton, S.West, Griffen
HF: Giansiracusa, Johnson, Boyd
F: Hahn, Darcy, Akermanis
FOLL: Street, Cross, Cooney
I/C: Ray, Higgins, Addison, Harbrow
EM: Minson, Power, Robbins
No Changes

COLLINGWOOD
B: Lockyer, Prestigiacomo, Holland
HB: H.Shaw, O'Brien, R.Shaw
C: Pendlebury, Toovey, Thomas
HF: Maxwell, Cloke, Didak
F: Swan, Rocca, Johnson
FOLL: Fraser, O'Bree, Burns
I/C: Davis, Dick, Bryan, Goldsack
EM: Davies, Medhurst, Iles
IN: Goldsack, Davis
OUT: Wakelin, Iles
NEW:Tyson Goldsack, Selection No.63 in 2006 National Draft from Gippsland Power.

Field umpires: Margetts, Chamberlain, McInerney

LostDoggy
19-05-2007, 07:42 AM
No change to the team is a good sign for the youngsters like Addison and Harbrow that the selectors rate their abilities. Very easy to justify bringing back an experienced hand like Robbins but they appear to want to really make him earn his recall.
Faulkner must be close.

Dry Rot
19-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Dont get to see much of Werribee because of my own local footy commitments but everyone I have heard from says he has been doing well at Werribee. Unfortunately for him it doesn't matter whether he deserves a game or not because he s only going to get a game when a suitable spot in the side becomes available. I think he can give us a bit of a different ingredient if he can make the most of his opportunities (no doubt he will get a game at some stage) but he really needs to nail his next opportunity. He has been a bit unlucky with the timing of his injuries in the past but probably hasn't always helped himself either. His attack on the footy is something that can really add to our side as long as he brings the rest of his game up to the level it needs to be at.

I like what I have seen of Addison so far but he has a long way to go.I would say .....

Strengths- Hard at the ball and man, good courage, reasonably strong in the air, good athlete in that he can run and jump pretty well, clean hands

Weaknesses- Average by foot, doesn't hurt alot going forward and just in general he is very raw.

Initial thoughts were he looked like a small defender but with time he may become an inside midfielder. It is always very hard to tell early on because basically every running player picked up from the junior comps can play a bit so none of them are going to look well out of their depth and all of them have atleast one admirable attribute eg; speed, courage, kicking skills. I suppose once they get picked it depends on how much they want it and are able to improve the weaker parts of their game. Just my gut feel with Addison is that Clayton picked him on work ethic/personality a little bit like Cross. Seems to really want to make it. It is a fine line between being a Gilbee/Cross or a Birss/B.Murphy and it can go either way. My point is that it is just too early to tell. Really like his attack on the football though.

Thanks DT - have been imprssed with what I've seen of Addison.

IMO we could do with more players harder at the ball - hence I'd like to see both in.