PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Pre Season Training.

LostDoggy
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Does anyone know if the Bulldogs has started pre season training?

This week I have seen groups of guys training at W.O. and I swear one of them was
Aker.

Mantis
05-11-2009, 10:46 PM
They officially start on Nov 23, I think the younger players start back a week earlier.

LostDoggy
05-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I saw Cordy and Roughead at the Coles in Yarraville tonight. Should have given Ayce all my food.

ratsmac
06-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I saw Cordy and Roughead at the Coles in Yarraville tonight. Should have given Ayce all my food.

lol. Nice one. The Bulldogs should try and get McDonalds to sponser him too:D

jazzadogs
06-11-2009, 03:33 PM
lol. Nice one. The Bulldogs should try and get McDonalds to sponser him too:D
Or Mission...

LostDoggy
07-11-2009, 11:45 PM

Nice, I live down the road, last Bulldog I saw there was Everitt the night before his first 2009 game. I was trying to peek into his food basket to see what he was loading up on ;)

macca
10-11-2009, 01:03 AM
Do you know who has been invited to train with the doggies pre-season ?

GVGjr
10-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Do you know who has been invited to train with the doggies pre-season ?

I believe that Patrick Rose and Dane Rampe are training with the Dogs and no doubt there might be a couple of other Williamstown boys there as well.

Cyberdoggie
10-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I imagine there would be some serious competition at training between the Williamstown boys this year. They would all know that Willy are paying for another rookie spot so basically whoever the dogs like the best out of them should get picked up you would think.

I think it's a good thing. It strengthens our bond with Williamstown and it's players and also creates some nice competitive spirit at training.

Liam Picken was a real inspiration to the bulldogs playing group last year. I remember seeing how they reacted to everything he did at the east west day. In each session Liam would be pushing himself and the players would push him. It was almost like he lost a bet or picked the shortest straw, except it was done to try and get the most out of him, and he gave it his all.

I can imagine pre-season training being a bit tedious after a while. Having a group of would be's from Williamstown trying to out-do you at every opportunity can be a real spur.

LostDoggy
12-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I saw Cooney and his missus today at Altona Gate.
Coon has a new great big dirty tattoo on his left leg. Its ugly.

Remi Moses
12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Tattoo's spare me! These footballers are like friggin sheep,one gets one they all get one:rolleyes:

Dazza
14-11-2009, 03:06 PM
I think you'll find it's not just footballers getting tattoo's. I know 18 year olds with full sleeves that aren't involved with crime/catching fish for a living.

strebla
15-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I imagine there would be some serious competition at training between the Williamstown boys this year. They would all know that Willy are paying for another rookie spot so basically whoever the dogs like the best out of them should get picked up you would think.

I think it's a good thing. It strengthens our bond with Williamstown and it's players and also creates some nice competitive spirit at training.

Liam Picken was a real inspiration to the bulldogs playing group last year. I remember seeing how they reacted to everything he did at the east west day. In each session Liam would be pushing himself and the players would push him. It was almost like he lost a bet or picked the shortest straw, except it was done to try and get the most out of him, and he gave it his all.

I can imagine pre-season training being a bit tedious after a while. Having a group of would be's from Williamstown trying to out-do you at every opportunity can be a real spur.

Correct me if I am wrong here but didn't Willy say that they would pay for a rookie again this year even if he wasn't from Willy??

Bulldog4life
15-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Correct me if I am wrong here but didn't Willy say that they would pay for a rookie again this year even if he wasn't from Willy??

Actually I do remember reading that too earlier in the year.

Drunken Bum
16-11-2009, 07:40 AM

That was my understanding of it as well

Cyberdoggie
23-11-2009, 06:02 PM
That was my understanding of it as well

They might of said that.

But let's be honest. It wouldn't make much sense.

I'm sure they don't want it to sound as though they are putting any demands on the Bulldogs or anything but the i'm sure the bottom line is that they are providing the funds in order for the bulldogs to draft one of their players as a rookie.

comrade
23-11-2009, 06:10 PM
They might of said that.

But let's be honest. It wouldn't make much sense.

I'm sure they don't want it to sound as though they are putting any demands on the Bulldogs or anything but the i'm sure the bottom line is that they are providing the funds in order for the bulldogs to draft one of their players as a rookie.

The reason Willy have said they’ll assist in securing rookie, regardless of where he’s from is that in theory it increases their chance of having a solid footballer play for them (Willy).

In reality, in most cases Willy will be funding a rookie from within – this has a few benefits.

One - it strengthens the bond between the Bulldogs and the Seagulls.
Two - the player is already familiar with the playing group and training facilities making it easier to settle in.
Three - it builds Williamstown’s reputation as a football club that provides a distinct pathway to an AFL club, making it more attractive to talented footballers who may have been overlooked by traditional recruiting methods.

Bomberdog
24-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I have heard that Barry has already broken the clubs all time bench pressing record

Remi Moses
24-11-2009, 11:34 PM
I have heard that Barry has already broken the clubs all time bench pressing record

Please tell me how you can follow Two teams??

Bomberdog
24-11-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't. It is only a nickname.