PDA

View Full Version : Death by boredom - how would we have played last night?

Dry Rot
20-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I had a painful tooth extraction yesterday, but last night when I watched the second half of Saints v Hawks I wish I was back at the dentists rather than watching the TV.

I'm not not sure which side was to blame (or both), but it got me thiking how an attacking side like us would counter such tactics?

LostDoggy
20-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Well we beat the Hawks recently on he same ground so I don't think it would be a problem. The Saints are a different story.

GVGjr
20-05-2007, 05:55 PM
I had a painful tooth extraction yesterday, but last night when I watched the second half of Saints v Hawks I wish I was back at the dentists rather than watching the TV.

I'm not not sure which side was to blame (or both), but it got me thiking how an attacking side like us would counter such tactics?

One of the worst games played this season. Saints only have 23 players to choose from and it's a shame that we are not playing them at the moment.

Topdog
20-05-2007, 06:56 PM
I was at the Storm game which really was a fantastic decision by me. My other choice was to watch that game! How 2 teams can combine for 4 goals at half time in perfect playing conditions is beyond me.

Twodogs
20-05-2007, 07:39 PM
The ultimate insulting gesture. Halfway through the second quarter my son asked if he could go to bed because "This game is pretty crap"

Dry Rot
20-05-2007, 07:41 PM
The ultimate insulting gesture. Halfway through the second quarter my son asked if he could go to bed because "This game is pretty crap"

You missed an opportunity to brainwash him - by telling him it was in fact a game of rugby league.

LostDoggy
20-05-2007, 07:44 PM
One of the worst games played this season. Saints only have 23 players to choose from and it's a shame that we are not playing them at the moment.

Ha! My Dad said the same thing today.

Topdog
20-05-2007, 08:01 PM
You missed an opportunity to brainwash him - by telling him it was in fact a game of rugby league.

and also reminding him of how the Doggies never make you bored.

bornadog
21-05-2007, 12:52 PM
and also reminding him of how the Doggies never make you bored.

Yes we are definatelty not boring. What the hell has Ross Lyon done to the Saints?

W W Biscuit
21-05-2007, 01:03 PM

I agree to an extent, but we would all concur that there would be nothing better than beating a full-strength St. Kilda outfit. Unless we can do this, or at least not get absolutely spanked by a serious, close-to-full-strength premiership contender, then we are not really consolidating our long-term self belief.

aker39
22-05-2007, 03:52 PM

You should count yourself very lucky that you didn't watch the 1st half.