Pages : [1] 2 3

LostDoggy
11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Game day 9808
Total 10777

LostDoggy
11-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok...

Im not in the country I assume we have recieved everything in the mail about these? I think its time to call home and ask about it

I wanna retain my seat for 2010!

OLD SCRAGGer
11-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Ok...

Im not in the country I assume we have recieved everything in the mail about these? I think its time to call home and ask about it

I wanna retain my seat for 2010!

"IF" you're a "BULLDOG FOR LIFE MEMBER" then you will have already received your membership ticket. If not should get something in mail this week for renewing same seats etc:)

GVGjr
11-11-2009, 08:37 PM
I haven't heard the exact numbers before but I did get an email today saying that we had a high portion of new members.

LostDoggy
11-11-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm looking forward to buying my first membership!!
Let's hope the team brings the chocolates for all the faithful members next year!

BulldogBelle
12-11-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm looking forward to buying my first membership!!
Let's hope the team brings the chocolates for all the faithful members next year!

Well done.

Try and talk some family and freinds into getting a membership:D

strebla
12-11-2009, 10:04 AM
I have spoken to quite a few lapsed members and Know of 3 adult and 4 junior memberships I just can't help myself I have to sell the club to everyone

LostDoggy
12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Well done.

Try and talk some family and freinds into getting a membership:D

I'll try my best..
With the family being on a pension it's tough but my mum was born in 1954 and only seen a premiership when she was 4 months old..

LostDoggy
12-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I haven't heard the exact numbers before but I did get an email today saying that we had a high portion of new members.

As we know, it's never getting new members that's the problem, it's retaining a large segment of existing members from year-to-year that IS a problem, which means quite simply that there's nothing wrong with our sales department (which is where the focus seems to continue to be), but the problem lies with our customer service and member-relationship management side of things (which is dysfunctional and continues to be underfunded).

It's always easier to get people in the door than it is to keep them happy.

Sockeye Salmon
12-11-2009, 06:17 PM
It's always easier to get people in the door than it is to keep them happy.

That shouldn't be the case. It's cheaper to keep a customer than to find a new one.

The Coon Dog
12-11-2009, 06:18 PM
That shouldn't be the case. It's cheaper to keep a customer than to find a new one.

Is Mrs. Sockeye still keen?

Sockeye Salmon
12-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Is Mrs. Sockeye still keen?

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey.

Let's get her to more than 1 game and see how we go.

I need KT31 to move back to Melbourne so his Mrs can help.

LostDoggy
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I cant wait to get home from overseas to see my membership there, hopefully it is...

LostDoggy
13-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Have you people received something about membership already? Nothing has arrived in this neck of the woods yet!!

LostDoggy
13-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Already done mine, and upgraded to get GF tickets :D

AndrewP6
13-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Have you people received something about membership already? Nothing has arrived in this neck of the woods yet!!

I'm a Bulldog for Life member, and got my membership card a couple of weeks back.

Remi Moses
13-11-2009, 06:51 AM
I'm a Bulldog for Life member, and got my membership card a couple of weeks back.

Same here . When does the polo top arrive?

LostDoggy
13-11-2009, 12:43 PM

I rang the club 2 weeks ago, as all my friends had received their membership info but I hadn't. If you pay by the month you should've got it already. If you pay up front, it should arrive in the next week or so. :)

LostDoggy
20-11-2009, 04:39 PM
I received my 2010 membership renewal form in the post today. I also received a pack to become an AFL member from the AFL. So now I have to decide between the two. I know I'm still a Bulldog member if I buy AFL Membership, but will I still be entitled to get WB Social club membership, the members only scarf and that awesome members only pen?!

On my WB membership renewal form it also has put me down as a FULL ADULT member to pay $395. I'm a student and this year received the concession card price. It says that if you are a concession card holder that I will need to provide identification for it. It doesn't say how I'm supposed to do this?

Also with changing seats do you just write in next to bay, row and seat in the request section? I can understand how you can easily pick a bay and row but I don't know wha tto put down for seat number... On the back diagram Aisle 31,32,33 and 34 only have ha;f of the rows allocated to us. So what would that middle row be?

Bulldog4life
20-11-2009, 05:44 PM
I received my 2010 membership renewal form in the post today. I also received a pack to become an AFL member from the AFL. So now I have to decide between the two. I know I'm still a Bulldog member if I buy AFL Membership, but will I still be entitled to get WB Social club membership, the members only scarf and that awesome members only pen?!

On my WB membership renewal form it also has put me down as a FULL ADULT member to pay $395. I'm a student and this year received the concession card price. It says that if you are a concession card holder that I will need to provide identification for it. It doesn't say how I'm supposed to do this?

Also with changing seats do you just write in next to bay, row and seat in the request section? I can understand how you can easily pick a bay and row but I don't know wha tto put down for seat number... On the back diagram Aisle 31,32,33 and 34 only have ha;f of the rows allocated to us. So what would that middle row be?

So many questions.:) The quickest way would be to phone the Club. I'm sure that they could answer your questions.

LostDoggy
20-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Got my membership but didnt have social club on it and i am getting debited for it. rang em up they will send me a new card and ordered 4 members only scarfs :D pretty lame that we have to pay $10 each for them though.

LostDoggy
21-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Update

Game day: 10172
Total: 11141

LostDoggy
21-11-2009, 02:55 PM
2010 Membership drive off to a strong start....

Full article: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/86979/default.aspx

robb
21-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I and my friends are ordinary members (over 20 years) but have not received anything yet.

LostDoggy
21-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Nothing has reached me up in Sydney yet. I'll wait till the start of December and if nothing comes I'll just call the club and organise the same package as last year. Not too worried as previous social club members have until the end of Christmas before they lose priority to new people that sign up.

LostDoggy
22-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Got the call from home saying my letter arrived..renewing my Social Club Silver membership..but beginning to think I should upgrade from 11 game to 17? 18? game. I goto the away games and usually sit with friends etc..makes sense giving the money to the dogs not the AFL hey :|

Hotdog60
22-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Question? I was a member when I lived in Melbourne but since I moved to QLD 24 years ago, I didn't renew. Is it the Kennel Club you join if you will never get to a game. I feel I need to do my bit again and get back on the band wagon.:D

LostDoggy
22-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Got my membership but didnt have social club on it and i am getting debited for it. rang em up they will send me a new card and ordered 4 members only scarfs :D pretty lame that we have to pay $10 each for them though.
I ordered the $10 scarves as well, then I read on the website that social club members get a social club scarf, didn;t bother to tell me when I ordered the others. The mail out we got never mentioned a social club scarf but the website does. Oh well another donation to the club.

The Coon Dog
22-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Question? I was a member when I lived in Melbourne but since I moved to QLD 24 years ago, I didn't renew. Is it the Kennel Club you join if you will never get to a game. I feel I need to do my bit again and get back on the band wagon.:D

If you reside more than 120kms from the Whitten Oval the membership is called Country Long Distance.

Hotdog60
22-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks TCD, I'll get in touch with the club during the week.

LostDoggy
22-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I cant wait to get home from overseas to see my membership there, hopefully it is...

Well i finally got back home to Melbourne and i have my membership, hahaha, was one of the 1st things i asked mum about when she picked me up from the airport hahaah....i like the look of them, love the names on the front, and now i cant wait for the season to start and watch some footy again....

azabob
22-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Well i finally got back home to Melbourne and i have my membership, hahaha, was one of the 1st things i asked mum about when she picked me up from the airport hahaah....i like the look of them, love the names on the front, and now i cant wait for the season to start and watch some footy again....

Where did you go?

LostDoggy
22-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Where did you go?

I went to the U.K, around Europe(10 countries in 20 days) and to La, Great experience and one ill never forget.

Dazza
22-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Has anyone got the 4th quarter of the bulldogs magazine yet?

hujsh
22-11-2009, 11:52 PM

Same here. If I figure out how to sort it I'll tell you.

hujsh
23-11-2009, 04:32 PM

I rang the club and used the student ID card to as proof.

LostDoggy
23-11-2009, 10:21 PM
My Membership information arrived on Friday so have signed on again same as before. Nos must have increased by now then??

LostDoggy
24-11-2009, 09:40 PM
I will have to ring the club because my husband's and my family memberships have arrived but not the ones for our adult sons and we pay them all from the one account. We are all Bulldogs for Life members so they should have all come together.

Rob

alwaysadog
25-11-2009, 12:02 AM

Perfectly correct, the basis of all marketing campaigns. Not sure however, why we don't have a higher retention rate.

I'm sure the club has looked at this in detail.

It would be interesting to interview Cam about what they have discovered. Might help us to support the club's efforts maximise the number of paid up members.

Scraggers
25-11-2009, 03:11 AM
My memership renewal arrived today ... I love the fact that the KooGa members shirts go up to 7XL for us portly felllows ... Gunna get me one of those ... Giddy Up !!

chef
25-11-2009, 08:59 AM

If you reside more than 120kms from the Whitten Oval the membership is called Country Long Distance.

I live to far away to go regularly(plus work the mornings on weekends), so i get the Kennel Club and then just buy best available tickets on the times i get to go. I see it as me doing my bit to keep the club alive. Make sure you also get a social club membership Hotdog60, as it guarantees a grand final ticket if we make it.

Whats the CLD TCD? plus TCD(or anyone who knows) with my son getting the Cooney Clan package, does he also get the stuff in the Junior pack?

The Coon Dog
25-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Country Kennel - Long Distance Membership (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/country%20kennel%20-%20long%20distance%20membership/tabid/15415/default.aspx)

chef
25-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks TCD.

LostDoggy
25-11-2009, 01:05 PM
My memership renewal arrived today ... I love the fact that the KooGa members shirts go up to 7XL for us portly felllows ... Gunna get me one of those ... Giddy Up !!
Big sizes appeal to me also. A lot of our old gear all the same size, some fittd, some didn't.
I rang the club and asked if you could change sizes if didn't fit, too dear $60 to find out doesn't fit. At least now we know we can get a bigger size if need be.

AndrewP6
25-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Got a phone call tonight from some department within the Bulldogs, about some raffle that's being held, apparently with huge prizes. The raffle goes on till April, the woman asked if I'd be interested in the "limited" ticket sales. And the asking price? 200 F****** dollars!!!!!?????

They wonder why we can't hit the magic 32,000 members, when I get a phone call for an absurd request like this, in the same period of time as I get my membership renewal, for which I will already be forking out a sizeable amount. When I ever-so-politely declined, she asked "Would you mind if I asked why?" to which I told her I don't have money to throw around. She then "helpfully" told me I could purchase them earlier in the new year. What makes them think I'm gonna be flushed with cash after Christmas??? OK, techinically I can afford the asking price, I just think it's ridiculous they can ask their members who already dip into their pockets, for more! I'm certain there are members who are in difficult financial situations, and the club seems oblivious to their supporter base. They've probably outsourced things like membership enquiry depts, but this was just absurd. Anyone else get that call?

*** Climbing off my soapbox now. Have had a rough couple of days!***

G-Mo77
26-11-2009, 12:20 AM
I got that phone call about a month ago.

1eyedog
26-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Got that call a couple of weeks ago, first got a text about it a month ago. $200 tickets and the prizes are cash (I think $50,000 tax free) or a car up to similar value. There are heaps of other prizes as well. I'm considering it although it's a lot of money for a ticket, still, the odds are much better than Tatts or some street raffle. Other clubs do this as well.

LostDoggy
26-11-2009, 01:34 PM
They rang me Preliminary Final week (bad timing in my opinion) I said I'd rather put the $200 towards my Grand Final ticket - if we made it.

LostDoggy
26-11-2009, 01:38 PM
They rang me whilst I was at the Doggies vs Brisbane semi final and the game was about to start. The lady asks me, 'Is this a bad time?' Well duh!

They have called me 2 times about it. I will probably eventually buy a ticket.

LostDoggy
26-11-2009, 03:12 PM
They rang me whilst I was at the Doggies vs Brisbane semi final and the game was about to start. The lady asks me, 'Is this a bad time?' Well duh!

They have called me 2 times about it. I will probably eventually buy a ticket.

I love that story!! :D

G-Mo77
26-11-2009, 08:24 PM
They just rang me again about 5 minutes ago, although this time they asked for me wife.

LostDoggy
27-11-2009, 02:21 PM
I ordered the $10 scarves as well, then I read on the website that social club members get a social club scarf, didn;t bother to tell me when I ordered the others. The mail out we got never mentioned a social club scarf but the website does. Oh well another donation to the club.

Haha they never told me when I rang up to tell them the card they sent out to me didn't have Social Club on it and they will re-send me a new one. Then i ordered the 4 scarfs right after that convo....But don't mind too much because it will be a Premiership Season Scarf :P

And I got that Bulldogs last qtr. Magazine in the mail last week

LostDoggy
27-11-2009, 04:32 PM
I joined 2 days ago. Bulldog for life with social club next season

LostDoggy
27-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Haha they never told me when I rang up to tell them the card they sent out to me didn't have Social Club on it and they will re-send me a new one. Then i ordered the 4 scarfs right after that convo....But don't mind too much because it will be a Premiership Season Scarf :P

And I got that Bulldogs last qtr. Magazine in the mail last week
That's right, the scarves will be a collector's item, as they will be realted to the 2010 AFL Premiers !

KT31
27-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I joined 2 days ago. Bulldog for life with social club next season

Same as us Ernie.
Last few seasons had a gracia sponsrship deal but the club doesn't allow it anymore.
So its back to the old family membership.

Chicago1
30-11-2009, 05:50 PM
I got my Bulldogs magazine and my membership renewal notice in the mail yesterday(Saturday). Unfortunately they included the membership card for my Aussie-born cat, Jordan, who died three weeks ago. He had been a member for ten years or so.

I just might get Social Club for next year since I can use it for my visit in March and for my trip for the Finals in September. I'll be out for the PFs and the GF (fingers crossed)at this stage if the airfares go down like they did this year. I get the Long Distance Membership since I qualify by a few kilometres or so.;) I'll be there for Rounds 1 and 2 next year, possibly with my brother, a footy virgin.

ledge
30-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I got my Bulldogs magazine and my membership renewal notice in the mail yesterday(Saturday). Unfortunately they included the membership card for my Aussie-born cat, Jordan, who died three weeks ago. He had been a member for ten years or so.

I just might get Social Club for next year since I can use it for my visit in March and for my trip for the Finals in September. I'll be out for the PFs and the GF (fingers crossed)at this stage if the airfares go down like they did this year. I get the Long Distance Membership since I qualify by a few kilometres or so.;) I'll be there for Rounds 1 and 2 next year, possibly with my brother, a footy virgin.

You got mail on a Saturday?

LostDoggy
30-11-2009, 07:03 PM
You got mail on a Saturday?

USA Saturday. Chicargo 1, it would be so cool if you are able to be here for the finals - third time lucky I am praying:)

The Adelaide Connection
30-11-2009, 07:15 PM
They rang me Preliminary Final week (bad timing in my opinion) I said I'd rather put the $200 towards my Grand Final ticket - if we made it.

I guess with 30,000 members to phone some will get called at seemingly ridiculous times.

Personally I think it is worth the effort and it is a good idea, sure it is expensive and not everyone can afford to or will buy a ticket but they need to use a range of different fundraising strategies and this type of raffle will appeal to some and not others.

At the end of the day they only need to convince about 5% of members to buy a ticket and at a guess there would be considerably more from walks of life that can afford it.

LostDoggy
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Membership tally update:

Game day: 12020
Total: 13091

LostDoggy
08-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Question: I am just about to purchase my Country Kennel membership, living in WA I've only ever been a non-game day member. Forgive my ignorance as im new to the process, the membership entitles me 5 home games, how can I garauntee tickets for Rd 1 as im making the trip over for Johnsons 350th.

The Coon Dog
08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Question: I am just about to purchase my Country Kennel membership, living in WA I've only ever been a non-game day member. Forgive my ignorance as im new to the process, the membership entitles me 5 home games, how can I garauntee tickets for Rd 1 as im making the trip over for Johnsons 350th.

Membership doesn't guarantee entry to a game, particularly at ES when we play Collingwood. To ensure entry you would need to purchase seats through one of the online ticketing agencies for that game when they go on sale.

Rocco Jones
08-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Membership doesn't guarantee entry to a game, particularly at ES when we play Collingwood. To ensure entry you would need to purchase seats through one of the online ticketing agencies for that game when they go on sale.

TCD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FAQ section on our website.

chef
08-12-2009, 06:16 PM

When do they go on sale for round one?

The Coon Dog
08-12-2009, 06:30 PM
When do they go on sale for round one?

During the season it's generally 5 or 6 weeks beforehand.

LostDoggy
08-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Membership tally update:

Game day: 12020
Total: 13091

What were the totals for this time last year?

BulldogBelle
08-12-2009, 07:30 PM
What were the totals for this time last year?

(2009 Memberships)
15/12/08
Match-day 13128
Total 14081

With another week to go till we match same time last year. Difference to the above quoted figures to what we have now is 990 memberships down - the Membership Department is flat out at the moment - Christmas rush and all that - so the figure will improve in the next few weeks.

LostDoggy
08-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Thanks TCD, have booked my flights so hopefully no issues with getting tickets.

Prince Imperial
09-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Website is now showing:

Match day: 14120
Total: 14980

Looking good.

LostDoggy
09-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Website is now showing:

Match day: 14120
Total: 14980

Looking good.

Nearly 1000 more than this time last year:)

LostDoggy
09-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Things are sure running well this year, I've already received my 2010 membership card. Great!

LostDoggy
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Listening to Sen 1116 driving into work this morning. KB was talking to Denham I think, about the doggies membership. Apparently we have 5000 more members this year than we had last year! Don't tell me the sleeping giant is about to waken:D

Sockeye Salmon
10-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Listening to Sen 1116 driving into work this morning. KB was talking to Denham I think, about the doggies membership. Apparently we have 5000 more members this year than we had last year! Don't tell me the sleeping giant is about to waken:D

Don't get too excited. Denham has never managed to get anything right about us so far so I can't see why he would be this time.

He'd be looking for his GPS if he ever had reason to venture out towards the WO.

The Coon Dog
10-12-2009, 10:38 PM
He'd be looking for his GPS if he ever had reason to venture out towards the WO.

Like someone else I know! :D

Sockeye Salmon
10-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Like someone else I know! :D

I thought that as I was writing it.

LostDoggy
11-12-2009, 12:40 AM
How are we going compared to other clubs at the moment?

The Coon Dog
11-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Bulldogs lap up surge in membership figures (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?p=129681#post129681)

LostDoggy
11-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Got my membership ticket in the mail yesterday - bring on 2010!! :D

Remi Moses
11-12-2009, 11:02 PM

Don't worry I'm sure they'll find some negative spin on the surge in membership at the national broadsheet. sad news for O'reilly,Denham and Smith:p

LostDoggy
11-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Just signed up a baby puppy and a regular member.

I've long believed our only hope of getting 'NEW' members is a flag. Until then its breeding them or marrying (and converting) them. I've never heard of someone just deciding to join the Kennel.

comrade
12-12-2009, 12:53 PM
The doco 'Year of the Dogs' was an effective membership recruiting tool back in the late 90s - I believe it may have even inspired Dry Rot to sign up.

LostDoggy
12-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Just signed up a baby puppy and a regular member.

I've long believed our only hope of getting 'NEW' members is a flag. Until then its breeding them or marrying (and converting) them. I've never heard of someone just deciding to join the Kennel.

There are some 'truisms' that are trotted out about the Dogs whenever this stuff is discussed. One of those truisms is that we have the smallest latent supporter base, and we're already turning a large percentage into members.

While this may have been true for a very long time, I have reason to believe that it is no longer all that accurate. The 'western 'burbs' has been the fastest growing corridor of the last decade in this country (far outstripping anything up on the GC, for example) and many of these new migrants are slowly developing a love for our local game. We all know that people don't sign up immediately to a substantial membership commitment when you're just a casual fan of the game, but as these newer fans establish roots after having been here 10, 15 years, then they (and their kids as they grow up, whom we've put a lot of work into) start joining up and you'll start seeing the membership numbers swell.

The 'closeness' to a premiership, Bazza's recruitment etc. has already started to tap into a bit of that latent support, and like you've said Alan, a premiership will really fast-track that process, but rest assured, as I've been saying for 5 years now, we have a stranglehold on potentially the largest fanbase in the land (being the only real club representing an entire half of Melbourne -- soon to be Australia's most populated city -- with the other clubs having to carve up the other half amongst themselves). Sleeping giant is right.

The off-field fundamentals are certainly all in place for a potential dynasty, and when you look at previously unsuccessful teams in sports who finally break through, usually when the dam breaks, they stay at the top for a while because they would have put a lot of basics in place to get there in the first place, and we're certainly in that mold -- and on-field, our list is certainly impressively deep, and apart from not having that one or two absolute superstars (with all due respect to Coons and Johnno), it's probably the best going around at the moment and with the quality of youth coming through, will be for a while yet, I would suggest.

Prince Imperial
14-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Website is now showing:

Gameday: 15138
Total: 16133.

ledge
14-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Add another 2 to that today.

The Coon Dog
15-12-2009, 07:30 PM
The Coon Pup received his fulfillment pack & was dead impressed with the goodies contained therein, especially the cap & scarf (for being a Premiership Gold member).

There was a backpack, blow up paw, pen, badge, 2 key rings, scarf, cap & stickers.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0437-1.jpg

LostDoggy
15-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Nice Scarf..

Got my membership in the mail today, guess the pack is on its way a bit later..

Remi Moses
15-12-2009, 11:02 PM
The Coon Pup received his fulfillment pack & was dead impressed with the goodies contained therein, especially the cap & scarf (for being a Premiership Gold member).

There was a backpack, blow up paw, pen, badge, 2 key rings, scarf, cap & stickers.

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0437-1.jpg

Hmmm That hat!:eek:Wonder if us old farts get one

hujsh
15-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Where would you go where you'd need red, white and blue camouflage?

LostDoggy
16-12-2009, 12:47 PM

Disneyland.

The Coon Dog
16-12-2009, 05:04 PM
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/IMG_0442.jpg

Adults cap.

LostDoggy
17-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Awesome pack! Seb can't wait to get his....

We're waiting patiently to get our memberships. I just spoke to them and they said they have just started the seat allocations for 2010 and our seat allocation hasn't been done yet......ARGH Hurry up! The waiting is killing me :)

Sebs looking forward to the East meets West training day next month though!

The Coon Dog
18-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Membership Cut Off Reminder

10:26 AM Fri 18 December, 2009

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/bulldogs_docs/wb_246x316_news-v2a.jpg

The Western Bulldogs wishes to remind all 2009 members that the cut off date to renew their EJ Whitten Social Club privileges for Season 2010 is 5pm Thursday 31st December.

Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/season2009/news/newsarticle/tabid/4112/newsid/88307/default.aspx)

I think this is worth noting:

Please note, due to the recent industrial action taken by Australia Post, the delivery of some Western Bulldogs packs may have been interrupted.

Prince Imperial
18-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Website is now showing:

Gameday: 16059
Total: 17178. :)

LostDoggy
18-12-2009, 08:19 PM
My mum got her pack today, im still waiting...hahaha i pay for them both on the bulldog for life thing...thought they would have come at the same time.....ah well im happy she got hers.....im not to fussed when i get mine.......

Twodogs
18-12-2009, 10:43 PM

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_333/1226604824i9xMsD.jpg

The Coon Dog
18-12-2009, 11:07 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_333/1226604824i9xMsD.jpg

Did FDOTM draw that in a fit of rage?

BulldogBelle
19-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Website is now showing:

Gameday: 16059
Total: 17178. :)

It's coming along nicely, a new co-worker of mine that has moved down from Sydney with his family and are massive Barry Hall fan's have now become Bulldog Supporters - I quickly directed him onto the Dogs website and he signed up his family so another 5 new members dogward bound.

Twodogs
19-12-2009, 12:37 AM
Did FDOTM draw that in a fit of rage?

Nope. He was tripping on LSD.

It's coming along nicely, a new co-worker of mine that has moved down from Sydney with his family and are massive Barry Hall fan's have now become Bulldog Supporters - I quickly directed him onto the Dogs website and he signed up his family so another 5 new members dogward bound.

Geez that's a bit of an overreaction to BBB leaving Sydney!

BulldogBelle
19-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Geez that's a bit of an overreaction to BBB leaving Sydney!

Lol...No, he primarily came down here for a managerial position, BBB was just the icing on the cake!

Remi Moses
19-12-2009, 03:04 AM

Glory Hunter:p:p:p

LostDoggy
21-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Your Say section of the H/S today someone thought they were quite quirky

'The Western Bulldogs' new membership drive slogan is "get behind us". I hope thats not their new game plan, too - they'll have no one to kick to.'

Bob Keats, Hastings

Your hilarious Bob, take a bow..go on, you deserve it. :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
21-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Got my membership pack Saturday morning. I like it!! The white cap is noice.... unusual..... different. ;) Didn't realise I was getting a 2010 Social Club scarf too. Very happy. :)

G-Mo77
21-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Got what I think was mine today. It came from Hong Kong and mainly had all my Pet Membership stuff in it.

Cyberdoggie
21-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I also renewed my adult social club home and away season membership x2 this year.
Would of been nice to afford the reserved seats but unfortunately the wedding planning has blown out the budget a tad.
There was no way i wasn't going to the footy next year and had to get social club memberships so i don't miss out if/when it happens this year.

So i'll look forward to sitting with all the other plebs here on level 3 next year.

Go Doggies! :p

Axe Man
21-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Got what I think was mine today. It came from Hong Kong and mainly had all my Pet Membership stuff in it.

Yeah my membership pack came directly from Hong Kong via airmail, good so see us supporting local industry!:rolleyes: Has this happened in the past, I certainly haven't noticed if it has?

AndrewP6
21-12-2009, 08:17 PM
where's my stuff? :(

LostDoggy
21-12-2009, 08:40 PM
And where is mine - Still Waiting !!!!!

gohardorgohome
21-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Mine has not arrived but my son's social club pack came today. He opened it before I got home. There does not seem to be a membership card. Did others here also receive a membership card? I'm not sure if I need to put in a harder search to find it. My son was too busy going through all the Goodies to and did not remember seeing his card.

LostDoggy
21-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Mine has not arrived but my son's social club pack came today. He opened it before I got home. There does not seem to be a membership card. Did others here also receive a membership card? I'm not sure if I need to put in a harder search to find it. My son was too busy going through all the Goodies to and did not remember seeing his card.
Social Club is just the normal membership card showing that you are social club, the one we got some weeks ago.

gohardorgohome
21-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Social Club is just the normal membership card showing that you are social club, the one we got some weeks ago.

We both still have not received a membership card. We are on the automatic social club renewal. Have other woofers received their cards?

The Coon Dog
21-12-2009, 11:19 PM
We both still have not received a membership card. We are on the automatic social club renewal. Have other woofers received their cards?

Yes, got mine weeks back.

mighty_west
21-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Yes, got mine weeks back.

Same here, got my card ages ago, but no pack as yet, although i don't need it until round one, that said, i can understand some people getting a bit edgy that want to give off as Christmas pressies....or Birthday pressies for those that might perhaps share their b'day the same say as Mr S.Clause. :p

Twodogs
21-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Same here, got my card ages ago, but no pack as yet, although i don't need it until round one, that said, i can understand some people getting a bit edgy that want to give off as Christmas pressies....or Birthday pressies for those that might perhaps share their b'day the same say as Mr S.Clause. :p

I thought that it was the baby Jesus' birthday on Christmas day?

There's a show called Trailor Park Boys and the running joke throughout one episode is a character's inabilty to distinguish between Santa and God.

GVGjr
21-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Does the club need to advertise a cut off for people who want to get memberships for Xmas presents? I know nobody can actually use them much before round one but it is nice to have the present on the right day.
The membership department would then need to make sure this happened though.

BulldogBelle
22-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Does the club need to advertise a cut off for people who want to get memberships for Xmas presents? I know nobody can actually use them much before round one but it is nice to have the present on the right day.
The membership department would then need to make sure this happened though.

I remember reading somewhere that the cut off date to receive the membership packs by Xmas (as presents) was Dec 4th.

AndrewP6
22-12-2009, 12:02 AM

Yep, got mine weeks ago.

LostDoggy
22-12-2009, 12:24 PM
I have the card and still without the pack.

They should just keep them at the Bulldogs shop, I live round the corner its a waste for em to send it anyway, if we had the option to pick it up id just do that..like the scarf/hat choice last year

Mantis
22-12-2009, 12:35 PM
They should just keep them at the Bulldogs shop, I live round the corner its a waste for em to send it anyway, if we had the option to pick it up id just do that..like the scarf/hat choice last year

And for those members who don't live around the corner?

LostDoggy
22-12-2009, 12:37 PM
And for those members who don't live around the corner?

Nah I mean you should have the option for them to send it out or pick it up, saves $ for those who dont need postage.

Mantis
22-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Nah I mean you should have the option for them to send it out or pick it up, saves $ for those who dont need postage.

That wouldn't be hard to organise would it.:rolleyes:

Ozza
22-12-2009, 12:56 PM
That wouldn't be hard to organise would it.:rolleyes:

If they could work out a way to organise it - it could mean an extra 2000-3000 people would go through the bulldogs shop and may buy something from the club. Could be a money spinner!!!

mighty_west
22-12-2009, 01:00 PM
If they could work out a way to organise it - it could mean an extra 2000-3000 people would go through the bulldogs shop and may buy something from the club. Could be a money spinner!!!

They could have some option on the form, tick a box if you need it sent etc etc, would save on many not needing it being posted, like with Alexxx, plus gets more people through the store, win / win, Alexx, you might be onto something here.

LostDoggy
22-12-2009, 02:40 PM
I have not got mine yet. For those who have are they by post or courier ?
I think I read that they are now being sent directly from China where made, instead of the delay of coming from China to the club and the having to be sent out.
I'am a bit peeved at the moment, I rang the club 2 Fridays ago to tell them they had debited my credit card twice for the Bulldog Xmas Footy Show 2 x $165, they said couldn't be fixed until the Monday 14th Dec, being a very patient person I noticed it had not been fixed and gave it a bit more time, checked today still not done, so rang, they are closed until the 11th January, that means it will be a least a month before I get my money back. The main reason for me being p... off, is when I told them they said they were not sure if it had been debited so did it again, would have been a shame if they had asked me.

OLD SCRAGGer
22-12-2009, 02:47 PM

My membership card arrive late October. My membership package arrived from Hong Kong on Sunday. I pay for my neices & nephews memberships as well, got just one package for 1 neice on Monday, still waiting for other 3 to arrive.:mad: Annoyed as they are Xmas presents and with Aust, Post on strike doesn't look like rest will arrive before xmas.:mad::mad:

Axe Man
22-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I have the card and still without the pack.

They are coming direct from Hong Kong to members, so no point in sending them to the Bulldog shop, that would only delay things further.

I have not got mine yet. For those who have are they by post or courier ?

Mine came by good old Aussie Post on Friday, shoved in the letterbox.

LostDoggy
22-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Mine came at 8am Saturday morning - thrown onto our front porch, hitting the front security door (and waking us up) before landing. :D

mighty_west
22-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Recieved mine today:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/860/p2211031.jpg

A few notes:
- Nice looking medallions / key rings compared to previous years
- Scarf shorter than the previous scarves we got, but at least we get one, the membership gold logo is a very cool addition
- medallion key ring & pen, noice!!!

NOW, if only i had a car to stick on my members sticker on, long story, not a happy chappy today!

LostDoggy
22-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Nice photography, looking forward to getting my pack it looks quite sensational compared to previous years..

LostDoggy
22-12-2009, 03:23 PM
My scarf has Social Club 2010 on it. I suppose they've done different ones for different categories? Was very happy to receive a scarf - nice suprise. :)

samr
22-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I have twoo scarves now. Ordered a seperate Member 2010 one, not realising I would get one with my social club membership pack. Oh well, one to hang out each window when we win I guess.
Still waiting on the Members Polo tho.

OLD SCRAGGer
22-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Well, I MUST take back ALL my bad words about Aust. Post. Got ALL my membership packs today @ 5:30pm. So my neices & Nephew can now at least get something from their good ol aunt xmas morning:D

Max469
22-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Mine arrived today - also shoved in the letter box.

Looks good.

AndrewP6
22-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Still nothing for me... GRRRRR!

LostDoggy
22-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I got home after a busy day at work(and a rather crappy day there hehe) but had a xmas card from a pretty good friend, and my membership stuff as well.......at least a crappy day has turned into a pretty good night.....

Remi Moses
22-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Well, I MUST take back ALL my bad words about Aust. Post. Got ALL my membership packs today @ 5:30pm. So my neices & Nephew can now at least get something from their good ol aunt xmas morning:D

Give aussie post a break there P Webb;) They treat their staff appallingly

BulldogBelle
22-12-2009, 09:52 PM
I got my membership cards (each with social club) in the mail about a month ago together with an invoice. I live a squillion miles away and rarely go to games. I wonder if unpaid accounts are counted as members.

Did anybody else get their membership card(s) before they paid? I didn't get any members hats and the scarves I ordered when I paid haven't come yet.

NoseBleed
23-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Paid by Bpay last tuesday night. Rang on Monday to check why my status hadn't updated online. Told "It has to come through to us from the club." Still not updated online, despite getting an email and an SMS from the club reminding me to pay up or risk losing my slot.

I used to be classed as a "Foundation Member". I can't remember when this kicked in, but it was a reward for holding consecutive Social Club membership since back in the dark days of low membership numbers. Promise was that you went to the front of the GF tickt queue should we ever make it. Anyone know what happened to the Foundation Membership class?

I'm happy for the clubs success, but I wish they'd acknowledge the member who we're there in the bad days, not just those that pony up suddenly when we're finding success.

NB

LostDoggy
23-12-2009, 04:08 AM
I bough an AFL membership a few weeks ago with WB club support and I still haven't received my membership pack from the Doggies!

I also want to order one of those scarves that says member 2010 on top of the one you get in the membership pack. Does anyone know if an order form for it will come with the pack? I know I could order one with the letter I was sent to renew my membership, but I didn't use that form because of the AFL membership.

LostDoggy
23-12-2009, 04:10 AM
The membership department has been doing an excellent job this year. For the first time that I can remember my memerships have arrived in time for christmas.

chef
23-12-2009, 08:00 AM

Me too.

Bulldog4life
23-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Received my Social Club membership card early in December. Still no pack but waiting patiently. Wife still hasn't received her card yet or pack.

OLD SCRAGGer
23-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I know a few people who thru their membership cards out not realising it was their membership card, thought it was just a model as to what it would look like and they didn't look at back of card...OOPPSS:D

LostDoggy
23-12-2009, 01:58 PM

Have you been naughty this year Andrew?! :D

mighty_west
23-12-2009, 02:36 PM
I know a few people who thru their membership cards out not realising it was their membership card, thought it was just a model as to what it would look like and they didn't look at back of card...OOPPSS:D

Ouch!

Don't you have to pay about $20 or something for replacements?

jitboy
23-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Mine arrived today - also shoved in the letter box.

Looks good.

I was surprised they could fit the pack into the letter box. Very impressed with the contents of the member pack, cap, scarf, pen and all. It just makes me miss the footy even more though!

OLD SCRAGGer
23-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Ouch!

Don't you have to pay about $20 or something for replacements?

I don't think so. My neice somehow destroyed hers last year, rang the club, & about 2 weeks later a new one arrived.

LostDoggy
23-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I think I had to pay $10 or something when I lost mine.

Greystache
23-12-2009, 04:38 PM
I think I had to pay $10 or something when I lost mine.

My house was broken in to this season and I had my wallet stolen with my membership card in it, the club replaced it free of charge, and offered me a paper ticket to pick up at the ground in case the replacement didn't get there in time for that weekends game.

Also, I got my membership pack on Monday but mine didn't contain a scarf, just trying to work out if that's because I'm an AFL member so I get the equivalent to a gen admin pack?

LostDoggy
23-12-2009, 04:52 PM
My house was broken in to this season and I had my wallet stolen with my membership card in it, the club replaced it free of charge, and offered me a paper ticket to pick up at the ground in case the replacement didn't get there in time for that weekends game.

Also, I got my membership pack on Monday but mine didn't contain a scarf, just trying to work out if that's because I'm an AFL member so I get the equivalent to a gen admin pack?

I think you get a scarf if you paid the extra $10 for a members scarf OR if you're a social club member you get a social club one for free. Not sure what happens with AFL members. :)

Greystache
23-12-2009, 05:08 PM
[/B]

I think you get a scarf if you paid the extra $10 for a members scarf OR if you're a social club member you get a social club one for free. Not sure what happens with AFL members. :)

Thanks Suz. It's not a big issue given I'll probably join the social club as an add on anyway. This is the first year I've been an AFL member so just trying to work out the little differences.

LostDoggy
23-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks Suz. It's not a big issue given I'll probably join the social club as an add on anyway. This is the first year I've been an AFL member so just trying to work out the little differences.

You're welcome. :)

AndrewP6
23-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Have you been naughty this year Andrew?! :D

Apparently...:( Packs were being sent from Honkers... maybe mine is being delivered on foot.

AndrewP6
23-12-2009, 06:09 PM
[/B]

Unless your name is Andrew in which case, you get NOTHING!!!

Not selfish at all, am I? ;)

Mantis
23-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Unless your name is Andrew in which case, you get NOTHING!!!

Not selfish at all, am I? ;)

Time to let it go. I'm sure it will get to you by rd1, if it hasn't shown up by then you can have mine.

ledge
24-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Its okay Andrew i am still waiting for mine and my daughters.

strebla
24-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Mine was waiting for me when i got back from hols on Tuesday and the other 3 came on Wednesday so all good for me :)

LostDoggy
24-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Got all my stuff yesterday. Much better package this year then last. And liked the option to buy more member scarves for only $10 (Although my Social Club Scarf is delightful :D).

Good how everything came from Hong Kong to :P hehe

NoseBleed
24-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Tried to contact the club yesterday to confirm they've got my payment (paid on the 16th, still showing as unpaid online)

Called 1300GODOGS, sorry, we're closed till January 11th. Terrific. I'm in limbo, S/C cutoff is the 31st, no one in the office till 11 days after that.

Really poor.

NB

LostDoggy
24-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Im sure it will work out in the end for you NoseBleed

LostDoggy
25-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Nosebleed, 17,000+ memberships is a lot to process over a couple of months. I am sure you will receive it shortly. I guess you are wanting to wear the hat over the holidays huh;)

We received our membership packs yesterday, and I am absolutely delighted with the membership gear we received. We really are leading the way in so many areas, over other clubs. I also wonder if sites like ours are being used as a source of great feedback from members on what we like and don't like - quedos to the club if they are doing this.

To tell you how far we have come, years ago I joined up my oldest son, who unfortunately went over to the dark side and barracks for Essendon:( as a junior Essendon member, along with my other son who was a junior doggie member. Essendon FC sent out a really good junior pack and a birthday card on his birthday. Whereas the doggie pack was a comic and sticker:eek: I know we were struggling to survive back then, but it could turn off kids who are not as committed as mine. Well done doggies management - you are doing an excellent job in creating another generation of bulldogs:)

LostDoggy
29-12-2009, 08:52 AM
My pack arrived today via courier at 7.30am..nice reason to wakeup!

LostDoggy
29-12-2009, 03:32 PM
NOT HAPPY!! :( Our memberships arrived today, but they managed to cock it up BIG TIME. And of course they are not back at work til Jan 11, so can't even call to fix it!
We joined a family reserved seating membership. Recieved 4 packages....all good so far.
Once opened there is the envelope that say inside is your membership letter and Access card.....NO card in any of the 4 packs. So we have no memberhsip cards for entry.
Also NOTHING telling us where our reserved seats are. So now I'm REALLY afraid they have f**cked that up and we've missed any decent seats.
Not only that - they sent 3 adult memberships and only 1 juniour. There should be 2 junior memebrship pack.....and Seb of all of us was the one that missed out. The pick/pack reciept in Seb's envelope even states it's a juniour pack....but NO!
So I'm pissed right now, especiallu cause I just want to call them to sort it out. And I'm STRESSING major about our seats.....
BLOODY HELL

Mantis
29-12-2009, 03:40 PM
^^^

I'm pretty sure that reserved seat 'access' cards aren't sent out til seating details have been finalised which won't happen for a little while yet.

I received my 'access' card some 5 or 6 weeks ago as I don't have a reserved seat. I received this seperate to the 'goodies' pack which I received just last week.

Don't fret just yet as I am sure you can work this all out once the club staff are back on board in a couple of weeks time.

LostDoggy
29-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Cheers Mantis. You might be right re the access cards and reserved seats, but would have been nice to have something to mention that in the pack! If anyone knows if that's the case, can you let me know....And I'll be able to work the junior pack thing out with them later that's not a stress.....just really want my seats.

strebla
29-12-2009, 05:13 PM
got my pet membership today and it is a cracker it has a collar,lead and a travel water bowl as well as I am a bulldog in disguise sticker very happy puppies indeed.

LostDoggy
29-12-2009, 08:45 PM
got my pet membership today and it is a cracker it has a collar,lead and a travel water bowl as well as I am a bulldog in disguise sticker very happy puppies indeed.

That so cute, I will have to look at one for our Nero.:)

LostDoggy
29-12-2009, 08:49 PM
NOT HAPPY!! :( Our memberships arrived today, but they managed to cock it up BIG TIME. And of course they are not back at work til Jan 11, so can't even call to fix it!
We joined a family reserved seating membership. Recieved 4 packages....all good so far.
Once opened there is the envelope that say inside is your membership letter and Access card.....NO card in any of the 4 packs. So we have no memberhsip cards for entry.
Also NOTHING telling us where our reserved seats are. So now I'm REALLY afraid they have f**cked that up and we've missed any decent seats.
Not only that - they sent 3 adult memberships and only 1 juniour. There should be 2 junior memebrship pack.....and Seb of all of us was the one that missed out. The pick/pack reciept in Seb's envelope even states it's a juniour pack....but NO!
So I'm pissed right now, especiallu cause I just want to call them to sort it out. And I'm STRESSING major about our seats.....
BLOODY HELL

Hi Jodie, I think that the pack you got was focusing on the goodies aspect of it all the envelope inside stated that it contained our membership cards. We got our seat memberships a few weeks ago, separately, so I am sure you will get yours separately as well once the club is back from the break. Don't stress we are not Collingwood or Essendon, there is enough to go around for all of the faithful members.:)

OLD SCRAGGer
29-12-2009, 10:55 PM
As a Bulldog for life member, my membership/ access card arrived back in October. When my fulfillment pack arrived last week, it also had that letter saying access card enclosed...I think that is just a generic letter everyone gets.

LostDoggy
29-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi Jodie, I think that the pack you got was focusing on the goodies aspect of it all the envelope inside stated that it contained our membership cards. We got our seat memberships a few weeks ago, separately, so I am sure you will get yours separately as well once the club is back from the break. Don't stress we are not Collingwood or Essendon, there is enough to go around for all of the faithful members.:)

:) yeah thanks. My rant calmed down after a few deep breaths. I hope, and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt!, that our seats and cards will arrive in Jan after they return to work. We were just bursting for boundary seats, and I know it's not always possible to fullfill exactly what we want. I guess I was so excited when the packs arrived, it was let down to not have the very info I was waiting for. Still a surprise awaits.
I will be calling to sort out Seb's lack of a junior pack though...after all he is the most faithfull of all of us ;) Just as well his little sister isn't as phased about it as he is!

Looking forward to seeing the boys over our side of town in Jan though - yay! :p

AndrewP6
30-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm pleased to report my pack arrived! Heading out to the bottle shop for some adult beverages, i noticed my letterbox door slightly open... and there it was... will check it out, then pass judgement! (And I'll be able to stop whinging!)

EDIT: I'm impressed with the content... "Social Club' badge on the scarf is a great touch, and it's not too long. Key ring is very nice, indeed, a pin, lanyard, stickers - all good! How good is it to get a pen in the pack?

And I like the cap! A bit cosy, given my big scone, but I like it!

LostDoggy
31-12-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm pleased to report my pack arrived! Heading out to the bottle shop for some adult beverages, i noticed my letterbox door slightly open... and there it was... will check it out, then pass judgement! (And I'll be able to stop whinging!)

EDIT: I'm impressed with the content... "Social Club' badge on the scarf is a great touch, and it's not too long. Key ring is very nice, indeed, a pin, lanyard, stickers - all good! How good is it to get a pen in the pack?

And I like the cap! A bit cosy, given my big scone, but I like it!

Fantastic!! Now I can enjoy my New Year knowing that they hadn't forgotten you Andrew!! ;) Seriously, glad you're happy with it. :)

Remi Moses
31-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know about the members only polo tops? Haven't even been charged on the credit card!! Honestly the club needs 1] A new internet provider immediately Got an e-mail xmas eve sayintg there was new Koo Gaa polo tops available checked the Website and you guessed it Nothin'. Still selling the Diadora gear :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Rang the club [Merchandise] Nothin' [phone cut out]. Memo get your act together pleeeease:mad:

OLD SCRAGGer
31-12-2009, 03:14 PM
My nephew went down to Bulldog shop on Monday and got his NEW Koo-Ga footy jumper, looks good, nice and light:)

LostDoggy
31-12-2009, 03:21 PM
I to got my reserved seat cards in them mail about October (same seats as 09 not new ones) and got the members pack with the letter saying id cards are in there, which they werent.

I got the Bulldogs scarves i ordered in the mail with this pack and my mate ordered a polo and he got that with his members pack to.....Im sure everything will work out for everyone by the time NAB cup starts...

LostDoggy
31-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I got my pack on Christmas Eve in the end and I'm pretty happy with what it contains. I love the new scarf. Not a big fan of the hat but I never am. I'd much rather a beanie (I actually have at least 4 different ones I wear and only one is a bulldogs one).

Still I ordered the bulldogs polo shirt as part of my pack but that hasn't arrived yet. Is that right? I thought I would get it with all the rest of the stuff? Did anyone else order the polo and not get theirs yet? Guess I'll call the club when they get back.

EDIT: Actually was I supposed to get the scarf or did they send that instead of my polo? Do all social club members get the scarf as part of their package or are you supposed to pay a little extra for it?

LostDoggy
31-12-2009, 03:55 PM
I to got my reserved seat cards in them mail about October (same seats as 09 not new ones) and got the members pack with the letter saying id cards are in there, which they werent.

Yep, you would have got your reserved seats card in OCT as a renewing becasue nothing changed for you. We have new reserved seats so a new membership card needs to be made up (for a family of 4). Still clinging to the hope that all the new reserved seats will be finalised in Jan when they're back.
If not they're gonna get one hell of a blasting call from us!!!!

DOG GOD
31-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Hmm havent received mine yet, but my bro got his early this week, and I actually renewed my membership 2 weeks before he did.

comrade
01-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Yep, you would have got your reserved seats card in OCT as a renewing becasue nothing changed for you. We have new reserved seats so a new membership card needs to be made up (for a family of 4). Still clinging to the hope that all the new reserved seats will be finalised in Jan when they're back.
If not they're gonna get one hell of a blasting call from us!!!!

Really? After what the Club has done for you and your son during the year?

Max469
01-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Allocation of Reserved Seats.

Renewing members have first rights to retain their reserved seats from the previous season. Renewing members have until 5pm on the dates detailed below to renew their membership and be guaranteed the same seating allocation. Reserved seating requests are processed in the following order:

1. Renewing Gold Reserved Seat Members - Cut-off 5pm 24th November 2009

2. Renewing Silver Reserved Seat Members - Cut-off 5pm 2nd December 2009

3. Renewing Reserved Seat Members with changes - Cut-off 5pm 2nd December 2009

4. New Reserved Seat members - Processing commences first week in January

All membership applications are processed in the order in which they are received subject to the above time-frames.
If you are requesting to sit with other members, please ensure that all application forms are securely fastened together or we may be unable to meet your requests. The ability to process particular membership applications is also dependent on seating availability in preferred seating sections.

NOTE: You are not guaranteed the same seat if you renew your seat after the dates nominated above. Renewing applications received after this date are processed as “New”seats in order of receipt (see above for more details).

LostDoggy
01-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Wow, we have some sooks on thus thread. I can only imagine what you were like when we were on the bottom of the ladder and you had concerns with your membership packs. Must have been "jumping from the bridge" material.

I havent received mine yet but hey, I'm not stressing because the sun came up this morning and I am healthy and looking forward to seeing my team play great footy in 2010.

AndrewP6
01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I havent received mine yet but hey, I'm not stressing because the sun came up this morning and I am healthy and looking forward to seeing my team play great footy in 2010.

Fair points, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a "fulfillment package" to be fulfilled... we are giving the club our money, after all - money, which in the current economic climate, isn't always easy to part with. Yes, supporting the club is the main consideration, it's just good to receive something in return for your support.

GVGjr
01-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Other than getting memberships specifically for Xmas presents I don't see why people would get too concerned about when they will arrive. It's nice to get them early but you can't use them for ages anyway.

I guess it's more about the club displaying the right level of professionalism. I've had my issues with this in the past but I understand that things don't always go to the plan.

Remi Moses
01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Wow, we have some sooks on thus thread. I can only imagine what you were like when we were on the bottom of the ladder and you had concerns with your membership packs. Must have been "jumping from the bridge" material.

Personally I'm not perturbed ,but I just reckon the club missed abeat re. new sponsor merchandise by not getting all the new gear out by xmas. Not life threatning I know!I'll get some new stuff in a couple of weeks

LostDoggy
01-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Fair points, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a "fulfillment package" to be fulfilled... we are giving the club our money, after all - money, which in the current economic climate, isn't always easy to part with. Yes, supporting the club is the main consideration, it's just good to receive something in return for your support.

Exactly! I don't think it's sooking as such at all. There is a certain annoyance when you've paid for something and you don't get what you paid for, especially in our case where the junior pack that arrived WASN'T in the slightest a junior pack - as it stated on the order sheet that came with it!
Or get ANY info about things that might be coming later, ie our seats and access cards. The least they could have done was put in a note in the pack to say 'your seats and access cards will be delivered at a later date.' Would save confusion, dissapointment and mis-guided anger.
I don't care in the slightest when it comes, but it's not unreasonable at all to want to know that you will in long run the get what you expected when you agreed to fork out the money....and we're talking big money too for a family membership - especially from someone who has lost their job in Dec! could have quiet as easily cancelled the membership, but we are dedicating that portion our money to the club. We expect a little in return! Fair enough???? And yes...as mentioned in another post....the club has been good to us in 2009 - hence we have UPGRADED our membership!

LostDoggy
01-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Really? After what the Club has done for you and your son during the year?

Yes, especially after 'what the club has done for my son in 2009' .... but a nice 'blasting' if there can be one. Would be more of a request to sort it out, and that's only if they have infact stuffed up resulting in us missing any chance of getting what we asked (paid) for in the first place. I'm sure it's not the case, so will be no issue.

Even though the club has been good to us in 2009, we still deserve to be treated the same as every other paid member etc. Besides, the stuff that happened in 2009 was handled by a totally different department, of which would have no bearing on our paid membership stuff.

LostDoggy
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Allocation of Reserved Seats.

4. New Reserved Seat members - Processing commences first week in January

All membership applications are processed in the order in which they are received subject to the above time-frames.
If you are requesting to sit with other members, please ensure that all application forms are securely fastened together or we may be unable to meet your requests. The ability to process particular membership applications is also dependent on seating availability in preferred seating sections.

NOTE: You are not guaranteed the same seat if you renew your seat after the dates nominated above. Renewing applications received after this date are processed as “New”seats in order of receipt (see above for more details).

Cheers Max469.... thanks muchly for this ;):D An answer - YAY :)

GVGjr
01-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Yes, especially after 'what the club has done for my son in 2009' .... but a nice 'blasting' if there can be one. Would be more of a request to sort it out, and that's only if they have infact stuffed up resulting in us missing any chance of getting what we asked (paid) for in the first place.

Fair difference between a hell of a blasting and a nice one I would have thought.
Surely you get things sorted out better and easier without giving anyone a spray?

Like most businesses occasionally people in them make some mistakes but what I have found with the club is that they do their utmost to rectify any errors.

Unless you are getting less than what you paid for as a result of this error FWIW, I'd be saving myself the angst.

LostDoggy
01-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Fair difference between a hell of a blasting and a nice one I would have thought.
Surely you get things sorted out better and easier without giving anyone a spray?

Like most businesses occasionally people in them make some mistakes but what I have found with the club is that they do their utmost to rectify any errors.

Unless you are getting less than what you paid for as a result of this error FWIW, I'd be saving myself the angst.

Yes of course there is a difference, and I apologise to all for my poorly chosen words.
But yeah for sure, agreed. No point in the angst if it's all good :) There will be no 'spray'.
I guess I was just attempting to justify why I would be 'cross'.....which as I said I'm not expecting so no issue.
Maybe I should have learnt by now not to bother 'justifying' any posts!

Yes ...the club always does it's utmost and I know they will again. So, Sorry if I've offended anyone by being grumpy about it in the first place. No more justifications from me..... I've let it be! :p

Max469
02-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Cheers Max469.... thanks muchly for this ;):D An answer - YAY :)

Don't thank me - this information is on the Dogs website - under FAQ.

LostDoggy
03-01-2010, 02:33 AM
It's good to see you got the right information Jodie, and you can allay Seb's anxiety and confusion;) Let me know where your seats are allocated, we might be neighbours:)

LostDoggy
04-01-2010, 03:07 PM
It's good to see you got the right information Jodie, and you can allay Seb's anxiety and confusion Let me know where your seats are allocated, we might be neighbours

Thanks dogs_r_barking :) Feeling much happer :)

Max...I did seach the Dogs site, but perhaps it wasn't up when I looked....that or is it that i'm just useless sometimes!!! :rolleyes:;)

Max469
04-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks dogs_r_barking :) Feeling much happer :)

Max...I did seach the Dogs site, but perhaps it wasn't up when I looked....that or is it that i'm just useless sometimes!!! :rolleyes:;)

Was always there. Just have to type in the right questions which can take a couple of tries.

I typed in the words: When is reserve seating allocated?

and the answer came up under the - How are Reserved Seats Allocated? heading.

Just the choice of words, I expect.

I hope you get good seats when they arrive.

The Adelaide Connection
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM
As a teacher I know that sometimes the only time you get feedback is when someone is disgruntled and people have very, very short memories and forget the other 99% of times when they have been happy.

So I think I need to report that my dealings with the membership department this year have been all positive and I have found the literature and website MUCH more helpful and straightforward than in the past. When I renewed my membership the lady let me know that I had missed the final mailout before Christmas and when I did receive the pack today I was very happy with the contents.

But you know what? If they completely screwed up the contents of my pack or seating or it took a little longer than I would have liked or whatever I wouldn't be blowing a gasket. Is it 17,000 members processed so far? If they got 99% of orders right that would be an amazing strike rate, but would still mean 170 people would have some (mostly very minor from the sounds of things) issues. IF for some reason the membership department doesn't or can't fix it you should quickly come on here and go mental and that will be fair enough. But give them a chance to rectify the problem first, they seem genuinely very enthusiastic and helpful and I am certain they are not purposely stomping on your toes.

ledge
04-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I paid for my membership on the 14th of December, still nothing, is this a little long to wait or should i ring the club and ask if its in the works?
Not really concerned as long as i get it before the first game.

LostDoggy
04-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I paid for my membership on the 14th of December, still nothing, is this a little long to wait or should i ring the club and ask if its in the works?
I only received mine today, rest of the family received a couple of weeks ago, so I wouldn't panic (yet). In any case the club is not working again until 11th January.

LostDoggy
04-01-2010, 11:35 PM
We received two packs around 3rd week of December then another after christmas and the last pack today. So all received now. Why they are processed differently I am not sure. But be patient I am sure they will arrive.

LostDoggy
05-01-2010, 12:19 AM
The membership figures must be looking OK for this season already. I wonder if we can crack the 30k mark?

The Adelaide Connection
05-01-2010, 12:43 AM

They are coming direct from Hong Kong so you may find that some are also held up at customs. I paid for mine and also bought my dad a membership about the same time as you. My pack came today but my Dads didn't despite paying at the same time. But like you we are not even slightly phased because the season is a loooong way off and obviously we will make enquiries closer to the date if need be.

The Adelaide Connection
05-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Other than getting memberships specifically for Xmas presents I don't see why people would get too concerned about when they will arrive. It's nice to get them early but you can't use them for ages anyway.

Very, very well said.

DOG GOD
05-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Got my membership pack today...nice hat that white one :)

Prince Imperial
06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Website is now showing:

Gameday 17299
Total 18579.

LostDoggy
06-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Website is now showing:

Gameday 17299
Total 18579.
That's great news, hopefully figures are even higher tha n that, with the club's admin still off work until 11th Jan.

Prince Imperial
12-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Website is now showing:

Gameday 17902
Total 19257.

Mofra
12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
There will be a large backlog in e-mail requests to process, and I dare say plenty of people will just start thinking about memberships now thay are coming back from holidays. Membership record year coming up.

Mantis
12-01-2010, 03:30 PM
There will be a large backlog in e-mail requests to process, and I dare say plenty of people will just start thinking about memberships now thay are coming back from holidays. Membership record year coming up.

Which in reality isn't that important.

What is important is the revenue created from these memberships which should see a healthy increase with the social club option seeing a real surge as well as an increase in reserved seating packages.

The Coon Dog
12-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Which in reality isn't that important.

What is important is the revenue created from these memberships which should see a healthy increase with the social club option seeing a real surge and also an increase in reserved seating packages.
I agree, I think they refer to it as net yield, or something like that. Much more a true reflection than just numbers, such as Hawthorn with their 3 game m'ships & pets included!

Prince Imperial
12-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I agree that membership yield and total profit from it is paramount but I dislike seeing us last on the totals for Victorian clubs. I don't think it helps when we are competing for sponsors and overall it adds to a negative perception of us. Hopefully we can at least climb ahead of North this year. If only "game day" memberships were officially counted we would be well ahead of Melbourne too but for some strange reason, thousands of MCC Melbourne memberships which cost only $50 each and include no access to games, get counted by the AFL.

LostDoggy
12-01-2010, 06:15 PM
If only "game day" memberships were officially counted we would be well ahead of Melbourne too but for some strange reason, [B]thousands of MCC Melbourne memberships which cost only $50 each and include no access to games, get counted by the AFL.

[/B

Statistics are only as good as the numerical input and the question(formula) asked of it.]

Remi Moses
13-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Did anyone else get the e-mail that the members only polo's are being sent out in February? Just went out to the club yesterday and purchased the new blue polo[the one Barry's donned]thinking the members polo wasn't coming! Anyway it's all going back to the club:cool:

Mofra
13-01-2010, 02:43 PM
What is important is the revenue created from these memberships which should see a healthy increase with the social club option seeing a real surge as well as an increase in reserved seating packages.
Given the Social Club and Gold Class seating is almost sold out, I dare say it will come down to raw numbers very soon. Revenue should be a fair way up on last year.

LostDoggy
13-01-2010, 08:57 PM
How many social club places are left if anyone knows?

The Coon Dog
13-01-2010, 10:28 PM
How many social club places are left if anyone knows?

2010 Social Club - 3/4's full already! (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6683)

G-Mo77
14-01-2010, 12:01 PM
Just got a phone call from the club. I am now a reserved seated member. :)

LostDoggy
14-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Just got a phone call from the club. I am know a reserved seated member. :)

ARRGH - you lucky thing! Well Done to you :)
I called the club yesterday and we haven't had ours allocated yet! She said we would get our cards in 3-4 weeks and that they are in the process of allocating now. Oh I hope we get remotely where we wanted.... Such a nervous wait ***bites finger nails***:eek:

LostDoggy
15-01-2010, 12:13 PM
THey should make it available online to select your seats, like when you buy movie tickets online... :D

bornadog
15-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Just got a phone call from the club. I am now a reserved seated member. :)

Where are you sitting?

LostDoggy
15-01-2010, 04:47 PM
I might call the club. Something must have gone wrong since I still haven't received my membership pack. I joined as an AFL member with club support in mid December. It seems most people who signed up then have received their packs.

ledge
15-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I bought mine on December 14 , rang club they said i would get it within the next 3 weeks.

aker39
15-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I might call the club. Something must have gone wrong since I still haven't received my membership pack. I joined as an AFL member with club support in mid December. It seems most people who signed up then have received their packs.

Those people that have signed up and received their packs are most probably Western Bulldog members, not AFL members.

By the time the AFL sent your information to the club, it would have been closed for Xmas.

G-Mo77
16-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Where are you sitting?

L1, Eisle 36 or 39 (can't remember), Row L

Prince Imperial
19-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Website is now showing:

Gameday 18638
Total 20078.

Continuing to move along nicely.

LostDoggy
19-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Do you think that AFL members with WB club support would have been added to the tally yet? Because that would add an extra 1,000 or so right? Do they get added to the gameday total too?

Prince Imperial
19-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Do you think that AFL members with WB club support would have been added to the tally yet? Because that would add an extra 1,000 or so right? Do they get added to the gameday total too?

I was an AFL member for a few years and I seem to recall the renewals were due in January but I am not sure these days. We have about 1500 AFL club support members and they get counted to our gameday tally.

LostDoggy
20-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Does anybody know when our replacement games are going to be this year and if we are going to still recieve the 2 for the TIO and Canberra games?

Looking at upgrading my membership to a season one but if we only get 5 games in Victoria with it then it doesn't seem that much value for money?

LostDoggy
20-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Does anybody know when our replacement games are going to be this year and if we are going to still recieve the 2 for the TIO and Canberra games?

Looking at upgrading my membership to a season one but if we only get 5 games in Victoria with it then it doesn't seem that much value for money?

Not quite sure where you got 7 from? We have 11 home games - with 2 games away, one in Canberra and the other in Darwin - but we get replacement games for them, usually North Melbourne, Richmond and Melbourne.

LostDoggy
20-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Not quite sure where you got 7 from? We have 11 home games - with 2 games away, one in Canberra and the other in Darwin - but we get replacement games for them, usually North Melbourne, Richmond and Melbourne.

Sorry I wasn't quite clear... I have a Premiership Gold membership and I understand that we get all home games in Victoria and replacement games for the two interstate games in Darwin and Canberra. We have 7 away games in Victoria this year and if we get 2 replacement games that means that there are 5 away games in Victoria that I would have to pay for.

I am considering upgrading to a season pass which gives access to the 5 games I would usually have to pay for. The upgrade will cost $120 and I am just considering if the 5 games are worth the $120.

Because I play footy I cannot go to Saturday games and was wondering if anyone knew if the North vs Bulldogs game in round 9 was a replacement game or not??

LostDoggy
24-01-2010, 02:10 PM
It is worth it considering it costs about $25 for general admission doesn't it? ANd if you do get the full season membership the money will be going to the club :D

LostDoggy
24-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Because I play footy I cannot go to Saturday games and was wondering if anyone knew if the North vs Bulldogs game in round 9 was a replacement game or not??

I'd bet on it being 2 of these 3: Richmond Rd2 @ MCG, Melbourne Rd7 @ MCG, Kangas Rd9 @ ES

LostDoggy
24-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks a lot alexxx... I think I will just get it to support the club. Cheers!

LostDoggy
25-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Doing my happy dance :D or as someone once said to me...If I had a tail I'd be wagging it!!!!

Got our seats and it's right where we asked for. I can't belive it! Isle 19, Row C...... right near the race. WooHoo!!!!

Worth the wait and the anguish (I knew it would be) Bring on Round 1.

LostDoggy
25-01-2010, 09:23 PM
is that for level 1 or 2 ?

Bulldog4life
25-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Doing my happy dance :D or as someone once said to me...If I had a tail I'd be wagging it!!!!

Got our seats and it's right where we asked for. I can't belive it! Isle 19, Row C...... right near the race. WooHoo!!!!

Worth the wait and the anguish (I knew it would be) Bring on Round 1.

No you didn't :D

LostDoggy
25-01-2010, 10:42 PM
is that for level 1 or 2 ?

Level 1 :D

LostDoggy
25-01-2010, 10:45 PM
No you didn't :D

LOL.... I did, really! ;) But, in my defence, I was just going through a whole heap of other crap at the time too so was prone to a hissy fit....(hubby lost his job right on Xmas, we had to put our Dog to sleep, and had news of a family friends brother dying o/s all on the one day :().

But, it's all good now. I swear 2010 is going to be the best year for us (footy & family!!) :D

LostDoggy
25-01-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm 100% sure it will be :D

LostDoggy
25-01-2010, 10:51 PM
I was a woose and kept saying "I can't afford a membership Up Front. But ever since the club started to do direct debit AKA "BULLDOG FOR LIFE" I went within a week, from general admin to silver and am now and for the past two years Premiership Gold. and have given my son annually for his birthday present each year an interstate mebership, now he his an 11 game premiership gold member, just so he is guaranteed a GF tkt and he can sit wth me at Johhno's 350th. I hardly notic the amount being debited each month. COME ON GUYS sign up and be a DOG 4 LIFE

LostDoggy
25-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Where's Spell check on this site HaHaHa

GVGjr
25-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Where's Spell check on this site HaHaHa

Check what web browser are you using and see if they have that option. Nearly all of them have spell checkers that can be enabled. Send me a message if you need assistance.

LostDoggy
25-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Check what web browser are you using and see if they have that option. Nearly all of them have spell checkers that can be enabled. Send me a message if you need assistance.

Hey I'm normally too uummmmm Pissed to check it untill after i post. Oops have I done it again

Prince Imperial
27-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Another very good rise posted on the website:

Gameday 19844
Total 21337

LostDoggy
28-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I can understand why people go AFL over Club, But! Are you really supporting the club or just after Extra benefits???????????? :(:(:(

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Another very good rise posted on the website:

Gameday 19844
Total 21337

Feature has been the steep rise in Social club memberships now at 9,000 plus. These will be capped at 10,000, so if you want to see the Doggies in the grand final would recommend an early upgrade to ensure a seat at the big one.

Greystache
29-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Reading the AFL membership letter it appears the AFL membership confirmations are sent to the corresponding clubs on Feb 1, so you can expect another sharp increase in early Feb too I would think.

Prince Imperial
02-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Another update on the website (6 days since the last one):

Gameday 20396
Total 21921

Prince Imperial
04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Further website update:

Gameday 20699
Total 22253

Mantis
04-02-2010, 02:54 PM
A few years back we struggled to get 20,00 members full stop.

It's great that still 6 or 7 weeks out from rd 1 we are already well over that mark, great signs.

ledge
04-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Where were we at this time last year?

aker39
04-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Where were we at this time last year?

About 16,000

AndrewP6
04-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Got another call today from the club asking if I was interested in a ticket in the big raffle they do... at the not-so-modest sum of 200 smackers... after politely informing the lovely lady I wasn't in a position to pay that, she "helpfully" reminded me the draw went until April. I once again politely declined.

I strongly object to the club's pushy marketing efforts for this "incredible" raffle (her words!), considering a) the current economic climate'
b) my current valid membership, and my willingness to part with my hard-earned in order to support the club in this way (including Social Club)

Technically speaking, I do have the required funds to purchase a ticket for the "incredible" raffle draw, but once I have declined, I'm not changing my mind. I don't appreciate the reminder that it goes until April, and "maybe you might be in a position to afford it then". I said no, that should be the end of it. To me, this sort of badgering, to someone who's already making a financial contribution to the club's coffers, isn't good PR. And to close the phone call with "Oh well, thanks for your membership, that's the main thing" almost seems like I'm being made to feel guilty that I haven't coughed up more. Poor form, IMHO...

(And, yes, I've had a bad day! :) )

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Andrew I agree with you. Don't like being solicited to buy anything over the phone by people I don't know. Even the Western Bulldogs make me cross when they do it. I know they are trying to fund raise but it's the pressure type of fund raising which gets my hackles up.