PDA

View Full Version : Carltons 2010 Membership Slogan

LostDoggy
14-11-2009, 08:34 AM
"CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE BLUES ARE COOKING!?"

Wow...where have I heard that before? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8glaM4ruM) How original :cool:

I love how theres a 'bomber' and 'magpie' in the cooking pot. Cant wait to see their comebacks like Essendon did this year..

Here is the ridiculous picture below if your yet to see it.

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/carlton_images/mship-f-cover-246-2.jpg

LostDoggy
14-11-2009, 08:39 AM
I was going to say thats an insult to THE ROCK...then i saw the clip posted here and my heart started beating faster, i LOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEE THE ROCK..................

Hope Carlton finish on the bottom with Richmond.....actually no i hope Richmond finish 9th....

AndrewP6
14-11-2009, 01:17 PM
I can hear WWE's lawyers up in Titan Tower (WWE HQ) maniacally screaming "GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT! GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT!!!!

Seriously, it surprises me they could get away with this... any trademark experts among us?

G-Mo77
14-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Pathetic! Their advertising comitee need a good swift kick up the arse for making something so ridiculous!

OLD SCRAGGer
14-11-2009, 02:09 PM
I LOVE our "UNLEASHED .... GET BEHIND US" motto This Carlton crap is just that...CRAP

anfo27
14-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I didn't mind the last slogan but this new slogan is a disgrace. Did anyone hear Greg Swann's comments? something like 'last season was the entree and this season is the main course'. After hearing all that rubbish they better produce something. No fev = no goals = no finals = stupid crap slogan.

LostDoggy
14-11-2009, 03:31 PM
I can hear WWE's lawyers up in Titan Tower (WWE HQ) maniacally screaming "GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT! GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT!!!!

Seriously, it surprises me they could get away with this... any trademark experts among us?

I was thinking the same thing.

Dazza
14-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Plenty of wooden spoons in the past decade to stir that pot up.

LostDoggy
14-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Plenty of wooden spoons in the past decade to stir that pot up.

:D So true.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Really is a poor choice.

Last year's one was pretty good, even though it backfired on them a couple times.

mighty_west
14-11-2009, 09:16 PM
It is so bad, it's quite hilarious.

Remi Moses
15-11-2009, 01:23 AM
What a pile of poo. Incredible to think that some smarmy,ponytailed advertising type is on big coin to pinch a wrestlers trademark:eek:

ledge
15-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Pretty amatuer cartoon work too.

Sockeye Salmon
15-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Pretty amatuer cartoon work too.

Not a cartoon dog in sight. Pathetic.

LostDoggy
15-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I didn't mind the last slogan but this new slogan is a disgrace. Did anyone hear Greg Swann's comments? something like 'last season was the entree and this season is the main course'. After hearing all that rubbish they better produce something. No fev = no goals = no finals = stupid crap slogan.

Oh so true. Just proves how stupidly arogant these idiots really are!

hujsh
15-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh so true. Just proves how stupidly arogant these idiots really are!

To be fair the slogan "We probably won't do much this year and may go backwards cause we lost Fev" may not attract as many members.

westdog54
15-11-2009, 10:07 PM
"can you smell what the blues are cooking!?"

wow...where have i heard that before? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8glam4rum) how original :cool:

"it doesn't matter what the blues new slogan is!"

LostDoggy
15-11-2009, 11:46 PM
It would have to be the worst slogan I have ever heard:eek: I like our new one - very classy, but the best one of all time's would have to have been Hawthorn's "Passionate, Loyal and Paid up" that was a ripper:)

LostDoggy
16-11-2009, 11:38 AM
It would have to be the worst slogan I have ever heard:eek: I like our new one - very classy, but the best one of all time's would have to have been Hawthorn's "Passionate, Loyal and Paid up" that was a ripper:)

It was actually Proud, Passionate and Paid Up.

Very good slogan though. :)

LostDoggy
16-11-2009, 01:26 PM
"it doesn't matter what the blues new slogan is!"

love the comeback! :D

The Pie Man
16-11-2009, 11:58 PM
What a pile of poo. Incredible to think that some smarmy,ponytailed advertising type is on big coin to pinch a wrestlers trademark:eek:

Ahh the boffins

Any Blues fans that may happen to be Bill Hicks fans may see this and think of his 'any of you in the crowd that are in marketing, do all of us a favour and just kill yourselves' bit

immortalmike
17-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Can someone inform Carlton that 1999 called and they want their pop culture reference back.

alwaysadog
17-11-2009, 10:04 PM
The football world has known for a long time that the bluebaggers are on the nose, it must have got so obvious that they've decided to make a virtue of it.

If "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet", when you're rotten to the core you still stink, no matter what your cooking.

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I was going to say thats an insult to THE ROCK...then i saw the clip posted here and my heart started beating faster, i LOOOOOOOVVVEEEEEE THE ROCK..................

Hope Carlton finish on the bottom with Richmond.....actually no i hope Richmond finish 9th....

Gold, feelings are mutual