PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone

Twodogs
14-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Ever looked forward to a season like you are looking forward to next year?

I cant wait. If I could take a pill that made me sleep until the day R1 starts I'd take it. The addition of Hall and Aker and Eagle going around again tells me that this group truly think they are on the verge of greatness.

Collingwood and R1 cant come quick enough!

LostDoggy
14-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Honestly for me, no more than last year..I had lots of anticipation coming into last season. Maybe because im not there right now? Might get more excited as march comes around and im about to come home..

I still have nightmare-like flashes of the Stkilda game when I think about footy.. :|

LostDoggy
14-11-2009, 06:45 PM

I cant wait. If I could take a pill that made me sleep until the day R1 starts I'd take it. The addition of Hall and Aker and Eagle going around again tells me that this group truly think they are on the verge of greatness.

I have been saying all my life, "NEXT YEAR".
I think I can say it with a lot more confidence than in the past, bring it on.

anfo27
14-11-2009, 06:55 PM
The year we beat Collingwood in that first final & then Aker chose us as his preferred club, I couldn't wait for the next season to start. We all know how that year panned out & i will never forget all the shit i copped off mates. After that year i never get ahead of myself during the off season.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-11-2009, 08:22 PM
The year we beat Collingwood in that first final & then Aker chose us as his preferred club, I couldn't wait for the next season to start. We all know how that year panned out & i will never forget all the shit i copped off mates. After that year i never get ahead of myself during the off season.

Ditto.

I am looking forward to the next few years though with the likes of Grant, Everitt, Cordy, Roughead, Reid, Hill, Ward, Boumann, Wood and co developing. We've got a solid young core and all should be pressing for games within the next 2 seasons.

I must say, I can't wait to see Barry Hall lining up at FF at the beginning of the game in Round 1 v Collingwood!

LostDoggy
14-11-2009, 09:57 PM
I must say, I can't wait to see Barry Hall lining up at FF at the beginning of the game in Round 1 v Collingwood!

Yes, that will be a sight for sore eyes if your a Collingwood fan! ;)

Bulldog4life
15-11-2009, 09:42 AM

Ditto Twodogs. Make that 2 pills.:) Been following the Bullies for a long time but there is just something about next season.......there is no doubt reading this great site every day fuels the anticipation. Whilst I'm at it thank you to all the regular posters, you make the off season very interesting and informative and it is very much appreciated.

Sockeye Salmon
15-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Ditto Twodogs. Make that 2 pills.:) Been following the Bullies for a long time but there is just something about next season.......there is no doubt reading this great site every day fuels the anticipation. Whilst I'm at it thank you to all the regular posters, you make the off season very interesting and informative and it is very much appreciated.

If 1 pill makes you sleep to April then 2 pills would make you sleep until September. You'd miss the whole season!

Bulldog4life
15-11-2009, 11:14 AM
If 1 pill makes you sleep to April then 2 pills would make you sleep until September. You'd miss the whole season!

That's right. It's all rather pilly isn't it?

LostDoggy
15-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I look forward to every year, although I am a little anxious about next year; will the players have enough time to adjust to BBB in the forwardline and the change of game style; will all our injured players rehabilitation make for a slow start to next year?
Which teams are going to improve next year? (Hawthorn:eek:) and where will our improvement come fromz? Will some of our older players be just that one year too old?

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but after following our great club for awhile now, I find it helps not to get too carried away:(

LostDoggy
16-11-2009, 03:52 AM
I try to stay calm each year but by Australia Day I am frothing at the mouth for a little dose of Bulldog. I tend to set the bar pretty high and left bereft thus far. Yet I am a glutton for punishment. So may I please have another, Master?

The Pie Man
16-11-2009, 02:47 PM
During September I was reading Passion Play (great book BTW Raw Toast!) and I had to laugh at an mjp post just before we played Geelong rd 1 2007 (well before I joined this great forum) where he was extremely nervous re: the season ahead and the round 1 fixture given how much was all of a sudden expected of us.

I'm sure the players know that with a power forward in tow, it's not going to just fall into our laps - I know I don't think that.

But to answer the question, yes, I am very much looking forward to the 2010 season - the quicker another opportunity to win a flag and feel that elation/relief involved the better.

comrade
17-11-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm with you Carl.

Forget the conservative approach - it's never been a better time to be a Bulldogs supporter and I'm going to enjoy it.

ratsmac
17-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Yes, that will be a sight for sore eyes if your a Collingwood fan! ;)

Or a Collingwood fullback, or maybe a sore jaw. Now come on Barry, enoughs enough.

LostDoggy
17-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm with you Carl.

Forget the conservative approach - it's never been a better time to be a Bulldogs supporter and I'm going to enjoy it.

I don't see why not. It's not as if lower expectations makes the pain any less when we screw up -- losing a prelim sucks either way, so why not enjoy the ride while the opportunity is still there to, right?

YEAH!!!