PDA

View Full Version : Roughy ready to ruck

BulldogBelle
17-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Jordan Roughead next in line for ruck duties...

Roughy ready to ruck (http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/roughy-ready-to-ruck-81432)
Sportal | Angus Morgan | 17/11/2009

Western Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade has nominated untried youngster Jordan Roughead as the next in line for a senior rucking role at the club.

Roughead, the cousin of Hawthorn premiership forward Jarryd Roughead, has apparently displaced boom youngster Ayce Cordy in the pecking order at Whitten Oval.

Both 19-year-olds came to the Bulldogs via the 2007 national draft, but there was a much bigger buzz surrounding the 202cm-tall Cordy - a father-son selection - than pick No.31 Roughead, who is physically stronger but two centimetres shorter than Cordy

Neither player managed a senior appearance in 2009 but Eade expects both to play at AFL-level next year along with fellow sophomore, key position prospect, Liam Jones.

"They all should get some games of senior footy, I would be very disappointed if they didn't," said Eade.

"We see Jordan Roughead now as our ruckman who can come through and put pressure on (Will) Minson and (Ben) Hudson, so hopefully he can get some games."

"Cordy is still very light, for a guy who's six-foot-eight."

"He's certainly got enough talent to play senior footy next year, but whether his body will develop quickly enough ..."

Click HERE (http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/roughy-ready-to-ruck-81432) to read the remainder of the article....

Mofra
18-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Nice to see some public acknolwedgement of the back-office type staff too, with signing all required players this year.

Go_Dogs
18-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice to see some public acknolwedgement of the back-office type staff too, with signing all required players this year.

Definitely. Fantasia has been a great appointment, and hopefully he can stick around for a while longer yet.

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Definitely. Fantasia has been a great appointment, and hopefully he can stick around for a while longer yet.

Yep, totally agree.

If i recall correctly, Adelaide didn't want him to leave also (i could be wrong).

The Coon Dog
18-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Yep, totally agree.

If i recall correctly, Adelaide didn't want him to leave also (i could be wrong).

Hadn't he already left Adelaide & was working for the SANFL?

azabob
18-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Yep, totally agree.

Hadn't he already left Adelaide & was working for the SANFL?

You are right TCD, he'd been gone from the crows for at least 2 years and was working high up in the SANFL in an admin role of some sort.

GVGjr
18-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Jordan Roughead next in line for ruck duties...

Click HERE (http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/roughy-ready-to-ruck-81432) to read the remainder of the article....

He's not ready for an extended run at the ruck in my opinion. He will play a few games but I'd like to see him string a few games together at Williamstown first up.

BulldogBelle
18-11-2009, 10:41 PM
He'll be given a run just for the experience. It seems like he is already penciled in to replace Ben Hudson after he retires. Two good games in a row should be enough. Ayce will likely play up forward.

BulldogBelle
18-11-2009, 11:19 PM
If Minson or Hudson are out for a prolonged period our options are:

1) Everitt to pinch hit here and there
2) Roughead to play (cant see him playing more than 10 games in a row though)
3) We recruit discarded senior ruckman onto the rookie list who is > 21 who could play instead of Roughead (as I dont see Roughead playing the whole season if Huddo or Minson go down) ie a Meesan- but with more potential development + upside
4) ???

Mantis
18-11-2009, 11:20 PM
He'll be given a run just for the experience. It seems like he is already penciled in to replace Ben Hudson after he retires. Two good games in a row should be enough. Ayce will likely play up forward.

Won't it be dependent on the form & fitness of Hudson & Minson?

bornadog
18-11-2009, 11:58 PM
I like the mention of Liam Jones, this kid will be going places.

LostDoggy
19-11-2009, 10:37 AM
How is jarrad grant coming along?