PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Flights for 2010

aker39
18-11-2009, 09:30 AM
http://www.tigerairways.com/au/en/real_deals.php

Tiger have a sale on at the moment and there are plenty of fares that suit our interstate games for next year.

R4 - Brisbane (11th April)
$67 one way

R13 - West Coast (20th June)
$97 one way

R19 - Adelaide (8th August)
$37 one way

R21 - Sydney (21st August)
$38 one way

Mantis
18-11-2009, 10:14 AM
I feel some road trips might be on the cards... With those prices you would be silly not to.

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Can't wait for the Canberra game..... Storm are also playing there that weekend, we have quite a few going to both games. The drive to Canberra isn't a bad one, we're gonna have us a convoy!! :D

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.tigerairways.com/au/en/real_deals.php

Tiger have a sale on at the moment and there are plenty of fares that suit our interstate games for next year.

R4 - Brisbane (11th April)
$67 one way

R13 - West Coast (20th June)
$97 one way

R19 - Adelaide (8th August)
$37 one way

R21 - Sydney (21st August)
$38 one way

Mate, you would be better off going by camel - far more reliable and the camel is not going to say to you the day before the travel date, "Sorry mate, I'm not going."

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Mate, you would be better off going by camel - far more reliable and the camel is not going to say to you the day before the travel date, "Sorry mate, I'm not going."

And you'll probably still get there quicker door-to-door without having to worry about the $60 30-minute taxi ride to the airport, the 2-hour long check-in queues at the single open counter, the 4-hour delay at takeoff plus the travel time to your hotel when you finally arrive and check out, and this is not taking into account any need to circle around on arrival due to a shortage of runways and being at the back of the landing queue, or any flight rerouting due to 11pm curfews or anything like that.

There used to be a time when flying was meant to be convenient.

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Jetstar have $39 bothy wyas Sydney. They have their problems as well, but I think they arte a lot better than Tiger. I have only been Tiger once to Canberra a couple of years ago, everything was ok, but some of the things I have read since about Tiger really puts you off.

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 03:44 PM
The cheapest I can find at the moment for all our interstate games is:
Brisbane Jetstar $119 each way
Canberra Virgin $89 each way
Adelaide Jetstar $60 each way
Sydney Jestar $49 each way
Perth Jestar $159 each way
Darwin Jetstar $209 each way

Tiger are probably cheaper, but I don't look at them,

If any one hears of any sales that suit, let us all know, like "EJSmith" did.

LostDoggy
18-11-2009, 04:54 PM

We've flown Tiger many times and the most trouble we had was a 3 hour delay going to Perth. Touch wood, we haven't had any major problems, and have managed to get cheap fares each time. :)

donnan
19-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Great thread...very helpful...Darwin here we come!

craigsahibee
29-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Canberra flights Booked.
Stubby Holder - packed
BHBAS T Shirt - packed
Duffle Coat - packed
Razor - packed (do not want to be confused with a former child star of the 70's again)
Giddy Up

BulldogBelle
29-01-2010, 04:26 PM
We have booked for the Brisbane game this year about a month ago with Tiger Airways return $ 170.00! Looking forward to it!

bulldog
30-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Looking at booking to go to the Canberra Game in May just wondering if anyone has used Bulldog
travel before?

LostDoggy
30-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Looking at booking to go to the Canberra Game in May just wondering if anyone has used Bulldog
travel before?
I reckon your better to do it yourself. There is a lot of accomodation real close to the ground eg.Manuka, Kingston, great area for meals etc.
If you go for a couple of days, there is lot to see and do, highly recomend the Australian Institute of Sport tour, and the usual Parliment House, War Memorial.

chef
30-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Canberra flights Booked.
Stubby Holder - packed
BHBAS T Shirt - packed
Duffle Coat - packed
Razor - packed (do not want to be confused with a former child star of the 70's again)
Giddy Up

Which one?

craigsahibee
31-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Which one?

Does my avatar give any clues?

LostDoggy
31-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Looks Like I'll be going to more interstate games than Brissie

chef
31-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Does my avatar give any clues?

I only caught the tail end of the seventies, so not really:confused:.

GVGjr
31-01-2010, 08:15 AM

Have a check of Danny Bonaduce
He was in a show called the Partridge family.

hujsh
31-01-2010, 12:46 PM

How've you avoided the Partridge Family? I'm 17 and I haven't managed that.

chef
31-01-2010, 05:01 PM
How've you avoided the Partridge Family? I'm 17 and I haven't managed that.

I guess I was lucky:p.

I've heard of the show but never seen it.

bulldog
04-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Does any one know after the home games interstate does the club have a after match function at all

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Does any one know after the home games interstate does the club have a after match function at all
I think in Darwin the main function is the night before the game (Fri).
Canberra they have had the night before one year, last year was a brunch the day of the game.
The away game in Sydney, there is a Sydney supporter group that puts on a good function at a club, walking distan ce from the SCG, good night, especially if we win, the whole playing group have attended that one.
The other away interstate games, I think mopst of them have supporter group functions for those city's.

Also in case you didn't know you can organise your tickets for all interstate games through the club.

LostDoggy
05-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I think in Darwin the main function is the night before the game (Fri).
Canberra they have had the night before one year, last year was a brunch the day of the game.
The away game in Sydney, there is a Sydney supporter group that puts on a good function at a club, walking distan ce from the SCG, good night, especially if we win, the whole playing group have attended that one.
The other away interstate games, I think mopst of them have supporter group functions for those city's.

Also in case you didn't know you can organise your tickets for all interstate games through the club.

Thanks!! Going to the Canberra game & was going to ask that question. :)

LostDoggy
04-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Booked the annual Adelaide trip I do with my old man as he's an Adelaide supporter and has plenty of family/friends up there.

All the airlines have a sale for that game at the moment (if your not too choosy with your flight times)

Up with Virgin $59 one way 5.30pm on the Saturday
Game is 4.10pm Sunday
Back with Qantas $79 one way at 9pm Sunday. No-one else has a good timed flight back that night so $80 isn't too bad and the flight could be with the players ;)

Last year was plenty of fun when we won up there, it was unbelievably quiet during our goals and at the end of the game :D

LostDoggy
26-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Just booked Sydney flights (doing a triple this yr with canb-adel-syd)

Cheap flights with Virgin at the moment..

$65 each way..

I got up there on the Saturday morning for $55 (happy hour sale) and return on the Monday arvo for $65.

You can find a return flight for 110-130 if you mix and match airlines ;)

Cyberdoggie
26-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm off to Sydney!